PDA

View Full Version : Finding Neverland

CMJ
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:24:27 PM
Excellent film. It's a bit of a tear jerker, but it's a definite crowd pleaser. Depp is in his usual fine form, and is Winslett. I see potential nods for both of them...and for alot of technical categories. Not sure of BP, because Miramax's horse is The Aviator. A film for fans of Peter Pan as well as those that aren't.

One of the best films of 2004.

Arya Ravenwing
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:27:36 PM
I'm going to take my sister to see it some time this week. Would you say it's a chick flick, or not...?

CMJ
Nov 28th, 2004, 03:29:45 PM
I guess it might tilt that way, but I don't think guys would have a problem enjoying it. All the men in my family did. The crowd reaction was pretty positive too.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:48:02 PM
Wow. Wow. This movie is incredible. Depp and Winslet really have great performances, and the children in the movie really do a great job as well with their roles.

The movie is *yummy* visually. And I think my favorite moment is "You're the real Peter Pan? How marvelous!" "No i'm not - he is!"

Although, the part at the end when they're doing the play in the living room and the back doors open up to Neverland... goosebump moment.

CMJ
Dec 12th, 2004, 03:23:11 PM
It won the NBR for Best film of the year, so it'll more than likely be nominated for the Oscar. The film was solid technically - so I see numerous nominations coming its way.

I'd say...

Picture
Adapted Screenplay
Supporting Actress(Winslet)
Score
Costume Design
Art/Set Design

It sort of strikes me as the Picture nominee that doesn't get its director nominated. Depp is a strong possibility for the final five but the Actor race is insanely deep this year, so I kept him off the list for now.

Mu Satach
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:05:43 PM
I could see it nabbing the art/set design or the costume...
Kate did a great job... and the little kid who played Peter was fantastic.

CMJ
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:28:27 PM
I think Highmore(Peter) has an outside shot at a nomination. If he gets a SAG nod, I think he's really in the race. Right now I have him about #8 on my most likely to be nominated list.

It was an amazingly mature performance for a child though.

Mu Satach
Dec 16th, 2004, 01:39:42 PM
I'm looking forward to him playing Charlie in Burton's version of the Chocolate Factory.

Kyle Krogen
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:59:17 PM
I really liked Finding Neverland. I almsot cried a few times. Depp was awsome and his accent was perfect.

Senator Thareena
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:04:56 PM
The boy who plays Peter plays Charlie too? Depp must have been impressed by his performance and reccomended him... you think?

Ahh I loved his Scottish accent in Finding NEverland. Depp, that is. :love

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2005, 12:04:39 AM
I saw this past week, great movie. Defintely a tear jerker towards the end. I really liked it, especially being a big fan of Peter Pan.

CMJ
Mar 27th, 2005, 12:18:52 AM
It ended up being my #3 film of last year. I'll probably buy it soon or just ask for it for my birthday this summer. :cool

Yog
Mar 27th, 2005, 03:25:28 AM
I saw this past week, great movie. Defintely a tear jerker towards the end. I really liked it, especially being a big fan of Peter Pan

Aye, its good. But you really should see Million Dollar Baby :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2005, 07:20:59 PM
I will once it comes out on DVD. I will see Aviator too just to put to rest which one is better :)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 2nd, 2005, 11:37:18 AM
My girlfriend and I watched this movie last night. I was very very pleased with the film. The part of the movie where the orphans get to come watch really made it for me.

Gav Mortis
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:39:20 PM
I finally rented this film tonight and I loved it. Finding Neverland fell into the "I Knew I Would Love This" category of films for me. The performances were excellent and thanks to that and great writing, the film was very moving and left me with many memorable images. I'll definately buy this one and I'm glad I watched it home alone rather than in the cinema: I cried like a baby!