PDA

View Full Version : Between Hope and Despair...(Open)

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:30:04 PM
It had been two days since the bombing of the West Coruscant Council building.

A'jorrah Mazzic had just been released from the Medical Center. Bone knitters had been placed on the compound fracture of her femur, but it still wasn't quite healed and she had to resort to the use of crutches until it healed completely.

Since the bombing, she hadn't really had much time to talk with Falcon, he had been working late with the followup and no doubt mourning in his own way.

Many had lost their lives in the essense of just a few seconds, A'jorrah being nearly one of them. But, by some miracle, she had survived...

Rikki Van-Warren and Beth Taylor...hadn't been so lucky and the death toll was growing as the rescue crews worked feverishly to find any more survivors.

Rikki had been Falcon's Padawan, her life essence had been ripped from him in a single second. A'jorrah knew the feeling just as young Beth's life had been ripped from her.

The child that A'jorrah carried was not hurt in any way, she was so thankful for that, but she worried of Falcon.

He was taking this incident...personally.

A'jorrah sighed as she slowly entered the B&G, she handed over the daggar she always carried and slowly got to a booth. Carefully, sliding in and placing the crutches on the floor, she began to look over a menu.

She was sure she had lost at least five pounds while her stay in the med center, their food was terrible, it was time to eat some real fod.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:52:57 PM
"Hello there."

Loki found himself suddenly facing a woman he didn't recognise; she had slipped into his booth unanounced. He carefully placed a datapad on the table and kept his eyes fixed forward. A gentle crease of a smile slipped into an expression of confusion as he studied his unexpected guest.

"Sorry if I've startled you, this is just one of those awkward moments when you find yourself wondering if you're looking at a face you've forgotten or not." He confessed lightly, smiling again.

"Have we met before?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:07:07 PM
A'jorrah looked at the man, she didn't recognize him, but then again it could've been a friend of Falcon's.

She smiled as best as she could. "It's nice to meet you..again, possibly. I'm A'jorrah Mazzic, fiancee to Jedi Knight Falcon Gyndar. Perhaps we have a mutual acquiantance?"

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:14:38 PM
"Well, I've heard of Master Gyndar but I've never met him. So..."

Loki gave A'jorrah one last curious stare.

"We're perfect strangers!" He declared brightly, straightening himself and beaming, extended a hand.

"I'm Loki Ahmrah. Pleased to meet you, A'jorrah."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:26:40 PM
A'jorrah couldn't help, but smile as she shook his hand. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet another Jedi. Would you like to join me for a bite to eat? I was just looking over the items on this menu."

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:36:20 PM
"Actually, I've just ordered. It shouldn't take long since they're quite fast here."

While A'jorrah browsed the menu, Loki had become increasingly aware of his hands; he thought they were big and clumsy; he began fidgeting with his datapad. He glanced up, eager to talk.

"So... now that we are acquainted, I hope you don't mind me saying but I noticed you were a little distracted before. I mean you sat at the table here without realising it was already occupied."

He got to the point. "A lot on your mind?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:49:40 PM
A'jorrah put the menu down and took a good look at the booth she was sitting in. She shook her head in embarrassment.

"Oh, my...I'm so sorry. I...didn't even see...I just..."

She sighed. "You could say that I have too much on my mind. I was just released from the med center and I guess I'm still kinda out of it."

She looked up at the newscast on the holo-vid. The top story was on the Council building bombing and that the Watch were still working on leads.

"That is why I'm so out of it," she said softly. "I was in that building the moment it exploded..."

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:00:31 PM
"Oh, hell!"

Lokis head snapped to and from the holovid, measuring up the damage now evident on A'jorrahs person. His eyes were wide and full of suprise.

"I'm very sorry to hear that. I'd noticed your crutches but didn't want to pry. Emperors bones! That must have been a terrible experience, I've been following the reports on GNN while sationed here. How are you?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:10:23 PM
"Physically, I'm going to be fine once my fracture is healed in my upper leg and my pregnancy was not harmed. But, mentally...it'll take a while. I lost a child there and because of me, Falcon...lost his Padawan."

The guilt had begun to take it's toll on her as a tear fell down her cheek.

Devon Russels
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:15:49 PM
A rubber ball bounced toward the two, banging against Loki's face softly. It was soon followed up by a slamming of feet toward the two in the booth. Rolling along the table, the ball came to a sudden stop. A gloved hand was holding it down, seemingly furiously.

The hand belong to a young man who gave an uncomfortable smile to the two. The man was no other than the applicant Devon, his eyes shining with an embarassment that was all his own. He had very rarely been in such situation as this before, much less with two people hadn't ever come in contact with.

"Uh...my name is Devon," he began with his explaination. "I was just trying to make this ball...um...float. Did not work as a I plained."

He ended, a chuckle escaping his mouth for a matter of seconds before he cleared his throat. A frown carved onto his lips for a second, but was quickly contorted to a caring, genuine smile.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:20:44 PM
"Oh no. That's--" Loki fumbled for his words. "That's awful. I am truly sorry. As aspiring Jedi, A'jorrah, we each accept the risk that comes with the territory. You cannot blame yourself for ill fate."

Lokis food arrived courtesy of a bronze droid. Although hungry, he would refuse to eat until his guest had food in front of her and had cheered up.

On cue, the rubber ball hit his face and thus began Devons unique introduction. Despite the nature of conversation in which Loki had engaged, he grinned with relief and sympathy, at the latest arrival. He wasn't going to invite Devon to join them, that would be A'jorrahs call, given the current topic of conversation.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Devon." Loki replied, extending a hand. He smiled, adding:

"And your rubber ball."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:36:23 PM
Even with the conversation going as it was, A'jorrah was more than surprised by the ball hitting Loki in the face and did her best to conceal a growing smile.

She swiped at the tear that had fallen and looked at the newcomer as Loki made his amusing comeback.

"And I'm A'jorrah Mazzic. It's nice to meet you as well, join us if you'd like."

Devon Russels
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:45:35 PM
A smile inside persuaded his lips to fall to its assault. He hadn't had such a big one as he did at that moment in months, but to him it felt like decades. Devon quickly, throwing the ball into his pocket, sat down by the lady, showing her his smile once more.

Then, slowly, he let the comfortable nature of the situation creep in, letting his smile fade. Pulling his lips in, he began to think. There was something at the tip of his tongue that he couldn't remember to say.

"Uh...Is it okay...for me to get some food first?"

He began shyly, his deep, raspy, but some how sensual, mature voice moisturing his dry tongue. It felt as thought he hadn't enjoyed saying anything at all for a loooong time.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:59:39 PM
"A'jorrah is about to order some food too so it's all fine."

After handing Devon a spare menu, a small part of Loki winced inside as he recalled something. He perked up and interrupted Devon in his study of the food on offer.

"I'm sorry, Devon. I'd forgotten to introduce myself. I'm Loki Ahmrah and I'm a little off with my maners of late."

The rubber ball, once in Devons pocket, was now floating gracefully above Lokis open palm. He grinned.

"But I can do this."

OOC: It's 6am for me, guys. I'm off to bed. I look forward to continuing this later. =)

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:13:51 AM
Devon dropped the menue quickly. He gawked at the floating rubber ball, his eyes not managing to take even a blink of rest. The thing he could barley even comprehend and do as a task was being conceived before his very eyes. The whole day of rest and relaxation in the bar for him was simply for this floating of an object, something he had heard Jedi's could do, and before his eye was that very action being done.

That very action being done by a Jedi!

A somewhat mischevious smirk shaped its way onto his lips as his eyes focused on the ball. Even as he spoke, his eyes didn't move from the mark.

"So...your a Jedi aren't you?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:27:49 AM
A'jorrah was not a Jedi, although she did possessed some Force sensitivity. Before she met the Jedi Knight who saved her life from certain death, she had been a Dark Angel. Working for the good of the Dark Angels, but often seeing another side to life.

But, now her life had turned around and she had inner peace with what she was doing for the good of society, but now even that was on the brink of destruction.

A'jorrah had seen the Force used before in that manner, but had never tried it herself. She did enjoy the utterly dumbfounded look upon the newcomers face and...laughed.

That in itself had been something good, it had seemed so long since she'd laughed. Too long.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:26:21 AM
When A'jorrah laughed, Loki gave her a knowing smile and any guilt he might have felt for showing off dissipated. Since Devon seemed to be enjoying it, Loki continued to float the ball while with his other hand he stabbed a fried mushroom.

"I'm not actually a Jedi yet. I'm a padawan and have been since I was about... eight. I'm seventeen now and nine years of study will teach you a thing or two."

The ball glided softly on a blanket air and was hovering before Devons nose, beckoning for him to retrieve it. Loki waved his empty fork in the air when he spoke and when he wasn't speaking, he tucked into his chicken and new potatoes.

"So that's me," He said thickly through a mouthful of food.

"What do you guys do?"

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 12:33:12 PM
Devon grabbed at the ball, looking down in it in his palm with a sense of gratification. The smile on his face was different, though. It came as sudden as the last question by Loki. There was something inside that had been awaiting the moment he would be encountering a Jedi, but the whole suprise of it all was far too much for him to simply phase in moments.

So, he waited, hearing the squeky wheels of the bar's droid going about and asking for orders. The chatter and blaber about the recent situations going on in the Greater Jedi Order to who won the latest Galatic Badget. Everything seemed quick new, but he had been in so many situations in his short life that he couldn't be too quiet...atleast not for too long.

"Im a Jedi Applicant. I justed applied not too long ago to join the Jedi and become one. Im awaiting some response from the Council."

At the end of his sentence he almost sighed in relief. The thought was finally off his mind.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 20th, 2004, 01:58:05 PM
It was her turn. But, what could she say? "Two days ago, I was an important facilitator for the Council of Education for Orphanges, it was a new area I had come up with."

She paused. "I was making the presentation at the West Coruscant Council Hall when..." She nodded towards the holovid as it was displaying another report on the Council building bombing.

"...fifty-two have been reported missing still as rescue crews sift through the debris of what is left of the the West Coruscant Council building. One hundred twenty-seven is the death toll and one death was reported as a Jedi Padawan, who elegedly saved her Master, his fiancee and another little boy..."

"Rikki shouldn't have had to die for me." A'jorrah said as she shook her head. "Can someone please turn that off or change the channel?"

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:12:36 PM
"Sure."

Swift in changing channel and apologising to an objecting patron, Loki returned to his seat. He had some questions about the bombing, he hadn't had the time to read up on the incident and, speculation aside, precious little had been said regarding the perpetrators. For now he held his tongue.

"Well Devon, I'm pleased to hear of your interest in the Jedi way of life so best of luck to you. It's trying but rewarding. I'm sure we'll be bumping into each other in the temple soon enough."

A closing smile and he shovelled another chunk of chicken into his mouth. He ate quietly, glancing from the young man to the young woman.

"So A'jorrah," He took a healthy swig from his glass of water before continuing.

"Once you're all healed up and free of the crutches, what do you plan on doing? Will you press on with your current campaign or have things changed now in that respect?"

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:33:04 PM
Devon glanced over at A'jorrah, but his gaze was quickly interrupted by the sound of a squeeking wheel. Quickly, and somewhat fearfully, he glanced over to see exactly what it was. A metal object came, swiftly, toward the table. The utensils of the being holding some sort of datapad. It was a droid...to his suprise.

Coming to a quick stop before the table the droid's, the visor vison taking in the three padrons, it began with a few request.

"So, who here wants any food," the droid asked in a cheerfully mechanical voice. The object seemed rusty and aging in metal, but it was certainly fit for the job.

Devon spoke up above the silence at the table, with only the sound of Loki chomping on his chicken in the background.

"I'd like the best Corellian Peko wings you have and some dajou'r salad with some ranch dressing."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:43:37 PM
The droid turned to A'jorrah before she had a chance to answer Loki. She thought for a moment.

"I'll take your Chicken and Broccoli on white rice and an iced tea."

The droid rolled away as squeaky as it came.

A'jorrah looked at Loki. "Even as distraught as I am about losing Rikki and Beth, an eight-year-old from Chesterton Street Orphange. I will continue my campaign, I think it's very important to educate these children so they have as good of a chance to develope themselves as any child. Perhaps, moreso now."

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:21:56 PM
The sound of the squeky droid seemed to become more prominent as before. The droid was on his back and it could only create a smile on Devon's face. He hadn't had a decent meal with living in a hotels and ships for the last past months. Leaning back against the seat, he relaxed, pulling his rubber ball out. Placing it on the table, he looked across over at Loki.

"Think you can show me how to do that ball thi--"

He was suddenly interrupted by the mechanical voice and squeky sound of the droid. Placing down the two plates, he began. "Here you go, I'll be back with the cost when you are all done with ya' meals."

Devon quickly cocked his eyebrow at this, seemingly misunderstanding the statement, but it mattered not. There was food to eat up and as soon as it placed down he was into it. Chomping down the food, he took one big gulp and was left with a pleased smile.

"So...think ya' can show me how ya did that," he asked again, taking another bite of his food.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:30:46 PM
"It's a very noble cause. Reminds me of a pair of young children I encountered several years ago on Arcan IV, that was before the Jedi returned to Coruscant. They were fatherless, their mother was poor and worked every hour she could so they had no schooling. I spent six months visiting them and taught them how to read and write.

Makes you wonder how they're doing now, actually--"

His mind wandered for a moment then snapping upright, he pointed a finger at Devon.

"And there's a lesson to be learned there for you, Devon. Those two kids learned the basics and with those elementary skills who knows what they've now achieved? Similarly, don't rush yourself with these Jedi tricks. Making objecfts float is advanced stuff. Here!"

On the table, Loki placed his closed fists.

"In which hand am I holding a single credit chit? Go on! Just go by instinct."

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:41:38 PM
Devon blinked at the sudden rush by Loki. A frown carved its way onto his face as he stared into the two hands of the Loki, thinking about it quickly, but carefully. The time seemed as though it was proceeding ever so slowly. Every milisecond carried beating sounds around the room, while the waving winds from the opening and closing of the door pushed against his clothing, letting it float to the side.

Everything seemed so slow all of a sudden, as thought time just was coming closer and closer to a stand still, like a speeder at its max trying to come to a stop.

Then, suddenly, everything re-entered real time, real space, reality. The frown on his face was gone and a smile replaced it's rightful location on the young man's face.

"The right one," he said so confidently.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:05:14 PM
It had been two days. He'd kept to himself, fighting the depression that had overtaken him with the death of Rikki. Falcon had been catching up on some work, making sure Rikki's body had been recovered so that she might have a proper funeral, and just...thinking. This was another death, and one death too many of those close to him. It had to end. Another thing... he had to apologize to his beloved for incommunicado that had began the instant his padawan lost her life. For the events, neither of them were to blame. It had just been Rikki's time. As hard as it was for him to accept...

Falcon set out of his quarters to set things right. He loved A'jorrah, and she was the mother of his unborn child. She needs him as much as he needs her, and he damn well knows it. So when it came to finding her, the knight knew exactly where to look. He came to Yog's, where they had first met. When he got there, Falcon looked for his fiancee, and saw her seated with two young men. One Loki Ahmrah, the other....A fresh face. Not yet accepted into the order. He approached the table, and smiled weakly to A'jorrah and her company.

"Good day, Mr. Ahmrah, Mr. Russels. Hello Love."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:18:01 PM
Tears welled up in A'jorrah's eyes as she looked upon the man she loved and would always love. Within the past two days they had drifted apart and it had hurt badly.

They were going to be married in a month and at this time, they had both changed drastically. He was hurting, she was hurting and neither had talked about it with whom they should be talking to it with...each other.

"Falcon..." She acknowledged and looked down. That horrid feeling of guilt began to weigh on her shoulders. It felt as if all eyes were on her.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:25:22 PM
Falcon looked at his feet, then back at the woman whose credit was that she had made him feel again in a way he'd never thought would happen again.

"Might I sit?"

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:32:15 PM
"Yeah," Devon chirped in, moving over a bit.

Even though calm in his words, he was quite confused by the whole introduction of the man. There was something that he couldn't quite catch in how the man knew his name and the questions needed to be answered. However he just placed his hands in his pocket and relaxed, knowing there would be a need for the answers soon, if not that very moment.

There was a silence then, his eyes scanning the people at the table, the lining of his lips as straight as an arrow. Inside he was anxious and unable to supress his thought. Then, without any notice, he turned his head and began.

"How do you know my name? Want any of my food? Who are you?"

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:38:43 PM
Falcon took a seat next to Devon, and folded his hands on the table.

"I know your name because as part of my daily routine I update myself on the roster here at the order, which has a listing of current potential members, not to mention a photo associated with each name."

He looked around for a serv-droid. "I shall wait and order my own, but thank you Mr. Russels..And as for who I am..." He looked back to the young man. "I am Falcon Gyndar, a knight here at the order."

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:40:24 PM
*Cough* Posting order! *Cough*

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:43:23 PM
"Two...Jedi," he whispered, solemnly to himself as he looked down.

The situation seemed all the more confusing all of a sudden. He was lost in the man's words, and his own, unable to unravel the webbing. So, as he usually did when in an extremely confusing spot, he closed his eyes and leaned back. The feeling was awkward at the point. He seemed to gaze into his mind, looking deep, drowning in thoughts and attacks of his brain. Even he couldn't explain the true expirence of it all, but somehow it managed to be a form of meditation for him, something to calm his nerves.

So, in a matter of seconds, he look back down into his shining plate. The food was gone, along with the troubles of his thoughts.

"So...you gotta relationship with A'jorrah," he suddenly asked.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:03:19 PM
A'jorrah refrained from talking even moreso now. She poked at her plate and moved the food around, then finally took a bite.

What was wrong with her? They had always had so much to talk about and she never had any problems talking to him before...but, now things were different.

How could he not blame her for another unnecessary death, to his Padawan nonetheless.

As she chewed a piece of her chicken, she remained silent as Falcon talked to Devon.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:58:30 PM
"Master Gyndar, it's a pleasure."

Loki had bowed his head when the Jedi Knight had arrived and fought the urge to unleash upon him a frenzy of questions; he relished the opportunity to talk to his superiors. However, Falcons case was different, given the circumstances, so Loki took the time to finish off his meal instead.

All the while, Devon was as blunt as a spoon in talking to the couple, to the point of it being amusing. Loki hid this in sympathy for Falcon and A'jorrah who were at the mercy of Devons questioning. For now, he was content to simply observe.

Devon Russels
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:26:52 PM
Devon glanced over at A'jorrah who was clearly silent. Nudging her cheerfully, giving her a nice smile.

"Well, is this your guy over here?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:24:39 AM
"Yes, he's my fiancee, Devon." She told him quietly as her eyes remained glued to the food on her plate.

Why was it so hard to talk now that the man she loved arrived? She wanted to leave and just go home and lock herself in her room. She couldn't even look at Falcon, she didn't want to see the look of sadness in his eyes, she couldn't bear it.

Falcon didn't even know that she witnessed Rikki dying and she saw her love fall to the ground in shock as the girls life had been ripped away.

It was at that moment that A'jorrah felt responsible for the young Jedi's death and Beth's, it was so clear to her.

A tear fell as all this errupted again. Rikki and Beth's deaths were her fault, all her fault...

Devon Russels
Nov 21st, 2004, 12:21:03 PM
Devon stared at A'jorrah as she looked away. An empathy began to consume his eyes, they deepened like the oceans of Naboo, become almost crystal orbs. He hadn't seen so much awkward silence and sadness in anyone except when he looked into the mirror. The corners of his mouth slanted in despair, his eyes squinting as he tried preventing any form of a flashback.

He managed to, and at that very second of calm and collectiveness he grabbed at Falcon and A'jorrah's shoulders, pulling them closer together.

"You two should talk," he suggested. "You've been quiet this whole time...there has to be some kinda problem, right?"

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:25:04 PM
"As a complete stranger, that really isn't your place to say, Devon."

After waving off the droid which had collected his plate, Loki fished around in his trouser pocket then stood. He stooped a little as he slid ungracefully between chair and table until he was out of the booth.

"Come on, flabber-lips!" He said to Devon. "I'll get you a drink at the bar. A'jorrah, Master Gyndar, if you would excuse us."

Devon Russels
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:35:57 PM
Devon let a innocent smile make its way onto his lips. Jumping up, leaving the two closer. Heading behind Loki, he pocketed his gloved hands, looking back at the two with a cheerful smile.

"I'll leave ya two love-birds alone, eh," he said, apparently unaware of the tension that was growing as the two became closer.

Shrugging the situation off, he took his eyes over to Loki, nudging him slightly. Placing a friendly hand on his shoulder, he leaned in closer to his ear.

"Look at those two, dont they look happy," he whispered.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 21st, 2004, 06:49:45 PM
OOC: Since Loki and Devon have temporarily parted ways with A'jorrah and Falcon then we needn't adhere to the posting order as stringently, for now.

"Not exactly." Loki replied, wearing a thing smile.

At the bar, he had thought about giving Devon a crash course in tact but felt it would fall on deaf ears. Devons naive nature was endearing and a part of Loki wished he was so blissfully aloof from the social strains of everyday life. At the same time, he cringed.

"I think from now on, we shouldn't say anything about their relationship, Devon. Let's leave them to deal with it in their own way."

Loki gave Devon a look of amused disbelief, laughed and clapped him on the shoulder before turning to the bar.

"Now friend, what can I get you to drink?"

Devon Russels
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:08:41 PM
"Hah, can? Very few things you can legally get me to drink," he shamefully said, pulling his hands out his pockets to place his arms on the counter.

He twirled over, slowly, landing his elbows on the counter as he turned to scan the scene. The world of Coruscant, in many ways, was repersented in the room. The diverse culture resembled only the bars on planets like Bespin and space ports that he had gone to. Races and creeds of all kind had come to rest in the cantinas in Coruscant from what he had learned in his little time on the planet.

The place was so diverse, so new to him that he couldn't help but smile with a sense of acceptence. He was going to be calling Coruscant home for a long time...

Turning his head over, he looked into the eyes of Loki, keeping the smile on his face, but it was far more cheerful than before.

"Get me any non-acoholic thing ya want. Maybe a Jawa Juice."

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 22nd, 2004, 06:07:25 PM
Falcon watched Loki and Devon go, his expression blank. The way people were amazed him still sometimes. Devon, only a fresh acquaintance, seemed to exhibit care for the people around him, whether he knew them or not.

Something even I could learn from these days.

The knight turned back to his beloved, and reached a hand to her cheek so that he might lift her eyes to see.

"First off, I love you. I always have, always will. Second, this is not your fault. I blamed myself also at first, but I knew from before I even entered the ruins or..."

Falcon swallowed. What happened to Rikki was still fresh in his mind. "...called Rikki...That the cause of this all points back to the cause of everything in my life over the past while. It has been almost a year and a half since I was forced to return here, and despite everything, I could not think of anywhere else I would rather have been than with you."

All his words had been shaky at first, still feeling shock, but each word became more sure, because this was his conviction. His devoted belief. Nothing was going to take from him what he had now.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 22nd, 2004, 07:56:22 PM
Hearing his words made tears come to her eyes. "I've been so lost, Falcon without you, but at the same time...I couldn't bear to see you."

She looked away and closed her eyes. allowing the tears to fall. "I...I saw you when Rikki died. I saw what it did to you and I knew I was to blame. I caused all your pain and sorrow. It was my fault...I killed Rikki and Beth." Her voice sounded hollow as the moments of Rikki's death replayed in her mind.

"I killed them and in doing that, I killed part of you..." Her guilt was a heavy burden on her heart, one she could not shut out.

Devon Russels
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:04:38 PM
Devon watched on from his point at the counter by Loki. He could feel a tension growing between the couples across the room, his eyes narrowing as his thoughts became all the more troubled. He hadn't managed to understand how two, in loved, could even hold such pain.

He had endured it, he was still enduring it, but truthfully grasping it was something he certainly couldn't do.

Glancing over to Loki, he looked up at him as he leaned against the counter. He felt something inside telling him to say something to cheer himself up, but he couldn't, he was too focused on the situation at hand.

"They havin' a few troubles over there. Maybe we should take a lil' more time gettin these drinks...eh?"

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:14:25 PM
"A'jorrah...."

How would he put this? The words were there, but there was always the problem of making what was being said make sense.

"...I asked you to be my wife for a reason. Several reasons. I know as well as anyone that nothing comes without pain. I kept after you knowing that it would not be a walk in the park. You accepted my, my proposal, knowing all that came with that."

Thalius had really done it this time. An integral part of his life was in jeparody once again, thus mounting higher Falcon's case against the predatory terrorist.

"You musn't blame yourself for this. There were many victims. You were an indirect target, as that attack was to draw me out at a time when I am not yet fully prepared to go up against what faces me. What happened was designed to push me into blind anger, so that my life would go up against something with which I cannot currently contend alone."

He watched her quietly for a moment.

"If you feel that you cannot contend with this demon...If you wish to leave...I cannot stop you."

Gyndar prayed to the gods this wasn't so. More than anything with every passing day he needed her more.

Devon Russels
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:26:45 PM
Grabbing the Jawa Juice as the alien bartender came up. Devon looked the man up, he was of a far different race, one that he had rarely seen in all his near eighteen years. He was a Squib, and like most, very short and a fuzzy blue. In many ways the Squib race could be compared, in looks, to some over-grown, but not too big, blue rodent. They held rat like muzzles, tufled ears and doe-eyes that were large enough to catch a glare.

They were interesting, but not enough to keep Devon's attention for long, because the Jawa Juice was far better than a weird-looking, baby blue rodent. Taking a quick gulp, he slammed it back down with a hand full of credits.

Calling the Squib over, he leaned in, whispering to him as he pointed to the table that he had been sitting at with Loki, Falcon and A'jorrah.

"Get them your best cake with those credits I gave ya, eh? Tell 'em it was me," he finished before heading toward the door. Patting Loki on the back as he headed toward the door, he gave him a friendly wink and thumbs up.

"See ya, round, eh."

Then...he was gone.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:31:21 PM
Falcon didn't hate her, he still wanted her to be his wife...

"I would go would go to hell and back to be with you, Falcon. I love you with everything in me." She vowed as the tears came. "I don't ever want to leave you..."

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:24:42 PM
"Yeah. See you soon, Devon."

Loki returned Devons friendly smile and looked over his shoulder as his new acquaintance walked away. Devon was a curious guy, a little lacking in the Tact Department but genuine and friendly, nevertheless.

Loki shook his head, laughing, and returned to his drink. Respecting their privacy, he turned his back on the consoling couple and took a seat at the bar. Soon his interest was fixed on a live game of smashball on the large screen above him.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:55:48 PM
"Oh thank goodness."

Falcon leaned in and gave A'jorrah a kiss on the cheek, then whispered in her ear.

"You have no idea, despite everything, how happy that makes me."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:26:31 PM
A'jorrah sighed a relief. "I was so sure...you would hate me for what happened. I've felt so responsible, Falcon."

Silent tears ran down her cheeks. "...and then Beth..." A'jorrah closed her eyes and shook her head.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:40:20 PM
Falcon smiled to her.

"I know...We have both had our share of losses." He pulled A'jorrah into his arms.

"I have just been having a small, crazy thought about Justin. I had been thinking that maybe we could consider adopting him. I want you to consider this."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:40:36 AM
A'jorrah stared at him for a moment, she couldn't believe what he was saying. "You...you want to adopt Justin?"

She paused for a second and then smiled. "Nothing would make me happier, Falcon! It would mean everything to me to adopt him!"

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:26:16 PM
Falcon grinned.

"Good, good. I was hoping you would say that."

He looked around for a serv-droid again. "What do you say to a couple milkshakes?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:20:01 AM
A true smile appeared on A'jorrah's lips as she leaned over and gave Falcon a gentle kiss. "Milkshakes sound awesome, luv."

A'jorrah felt that gap between them close, the pain of their losses would always be there, but together the two of them could defeat anything.

"I can't wait to tell Justin." She beamed.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:00:08 PM
Almost as soon as A'jorrah agreed to the milkshakes, a serv-droid appeared at their table.

"Ahh.. i'll have a strawberry milkshake... and you, love?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:23:50 PM
"Chocolate, definitely." She told him as she leaned back and smiled. Things were getting back in order.

A moment later, A'jorrah felt a bit dizzy and squeezed her eyes shut for a moment.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:46:25 PM
After the orders were done, the serv-droid went off to deliver them. At that point, Falcon returned his full attention to A'jorrah.

"A'jorrah...Are you alright? What is the matter?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:56:03 PM
A'jorrah sighed and opened her eyes. "I'm dizzy, but I'll be alright. The doctors said I had a concussion and dizzy spells are likely. I'll be alright."

It happened again.

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:22:23 PM
Falcon took a deep breath. "No, sweetheart. I think maybe I should take you to go lie down. I'll call off the milkshakes."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:34:06 PM
"I'm sorry, luv. It seems we never get to finish our milkshakes, something always seems to come about. I think, I over did it on my first day out. I'll take a raincheck on the milkshakes or better yet maybe I'll make some myself when I'm better."

Ilias Nytrau
Nov 29th, 2004, 05:32:53 PM
Falcon gave her a gentle hug. He placed a hand on her middle.

"I think a member of our party is tired."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:18:41 PM
A'jorrah smiled as she felt the familar tinge of Force waves come from their child.

"I think, he's going to be a very strong wielder, just as his father." A bigger smile crept upon her face.