PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to KOTOR II!

Sarr Koon
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:18:57 AM
As you all know, the release date for Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords is drawing closer with each passing day. As far as I know December 6, 2004 is the official release day for this marvelous game and I for one am going to recieve my copy on the first day.

I really hope KOTOR II can win Game of the Year. It definately will have some tough competition though. Games like Half Life 2, GTA: San Andreas, and unfortunately Halo 2.

20 days til KOTOR II...

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:32:24 AM
It's not being released for the PC until Febuary next year :(

Sarr Koon
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:37:48 AM
Yeah, I heard. I WAS planning on buying it for PC because I thought the release dates were the same. But I will have to purchase the X-Box version just because it comes out 2 months earlier. I have confidence that it won't have as many bugs and glitches as the first though. The developers have had loads of time to get those worked out.

Phantom
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:17:00 PM
Woot! I can't wait for it to come out, it looks great. Should be better then the first one.

Sarr Koon
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:15:40 PM
That's what I'm counting on. :) I look to spend over 100 hours playing KOTOR II. I've easily played nearly that much with the original KOTOR.

11 more days!!! 5 more til Prince of Persia: warrior within

Sarr Koon
Nov 29th, 2004, 10:35:12 PM
7 more days!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anuis Ma'artra
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:43:49 PM
I have mine pre-ordered and paid for just waiting for it to get here.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:55:04 PM
The inability to control my character in a traditional hack and slash method, especially for a game of this calliber, turns me off.

I'm not anxious to play this, or for it coming out. Turn based Star Wars game is just le suck for me.

Sarr Koon
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:31:16 PM
I'm just going to pick up my copy this next Monday. I don't have it pre-ordered. No need, whenever I've gone to buy a game on its release date I've always recieved it.

Grimm, that's nice. Have fun playing Halo 2 while I have even more fun playing KOTOR II.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:05:18 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
The inability to control my character in a traditional hack and slash method, especially for a game of this calliber, turns me off.

I'm not anxious to play this, or for it coming out. Turn based Star Wars game is just le suck for me. Wow ok. I guess you just hate turn based that much? I thought the hybrid system was absolutely rad.

Originally posted by Sarr Koon
I'm just going to pick up my copy this next Monday. I don't have it pre-ordered. No need, whenever I've gone to buy a game on its release date I've always recieved it.

Grimm, that's nice. Have fun playing Halo 2 while I have even more fun playing KOTOR II. Chillax, brah. No need to sling mud. He didn't say anything about you, Zasz just can't get into the game.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:10:53 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Wow ok. I guess you just hate turn based that much? I thought the hybrid system was absolutely rad.

More or less. I don't really like turn based. I prefer it to be completely hands on, you know? Mind you, I own KOTOR, I've played about 36 hours of it, primarily for the storyline, and lack of something better to do at the time. It's decent, but to me, Star Wars games, should traditionally be..hack and slash.

The previews for the original were decieving, so naturally when I got it, I was a tad dissappointed.

If KOTOR 2 was set up like Fable, god, I'd play it to no end. But it isn't.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:05:33 PM
Strokes for folks. I thought the system was a great compromise between hex based and full real time. Hack and slash is extremely difficult to do with single player party RPGs.

Garret Treborn
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:58:44 PM
If KOTOR 2 was set up like Fable there is no way in hell I would come within 10 feet of it.

Sarr Koon
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:00:42 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Chillax, brah. No need to sling mud. He didn't say anything about you, Zasz just can't get into the game.

Sorry, but I can just tell that Grimm has Halo 2 and probably worships it like a God. I could be wrong though. Besides, I was returning the favor.

Anyway, five days. ^_^

Zasz Grimm
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:57:50 AM
Originally posted by Sarr Koon
Sorry, but I can just tell that Grimm has Halo 2 and probably worships it like a God. I could be wrong though. Besides, I was returning the favor.

Anyway, five days. ^_^

Actually, I don't. I rented it, never beat it, either- for the simple fact I was playing the WoW beta.

God I wanna set off the censor.

Sarr Koon
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:08:01 AM
I was out of line. I'm sorry.

^ this isn't sarcasm.

Anuis Ma'artra
Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:32:52 AM
See I never got into Warcraft, so WoW doesn't really have me psyched. Like Morg said, gah I'm agreeing with him ;), strokes for folks. However I agree Fable style KotOR would rox the shiznet, for shizzle!

Yeah I went there

Phantom
Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:19:26 PM
KOTOR II should be better then the first one. I like how they'll make it quicker to switch between weapons, instead of having to go through a bunch of menus to get out your blaster/lightsaber, though I rarely used a blaster.

Do they have a list of the new force powers? Will KOTOR II be turned based as well?

Having the first one be turned based saved my butt quite a few times, especially on the Star Forge when the masses came out.

I never really got into Warcraft either, but I thought I'd give it a try with WoW.

How do you get involved with Beta testing?

Sarr Koon
Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:34:04 PM
As far as I know, the exact same game engine is being used. Maybe a few tweaks will be mad graphically not nothing extensive. The fighting is the same, turn based. I don't know of any site that lists all the force powers, but there are many new ones.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:57:15 PM
Originally posted by Lucian Belial

I never really got into Warcraft either, but I thought I'd give it a try with WoW.

How do you get involved with Beta testing?

Beta testing is over. The retail is out to buy.

Phantom
Dec 2nd, 2004, 09:43:59 PM
I know, I have it. I was just curious on how you got to test the Beta in the first place.

Sarr Koon
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:25:57 PM
Tomorrow is the big day! WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Anuis Ma'artra
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:51:52 PM
I have my copy in my hand, it is so beautiful. Now I just need to get done with my work for the day so I can go home and play!

Zyon Rouge
Dec 7th, 2004, 01:21:40 PM
*shakes fist at target*

I am getting from here a december 6th release date.
I am getting from the people that work there a december 7th release date.
I am getting from the newspaper a december 9th release date.
And I am getting from the website a december 21st release date!

Why do I want to get it from target? For the free strategy guide.

*continues to shake fist*

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:46:50 PM
Strategy guide? Shame on you!

Zyon Rouge
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:36:28 PM
The goblins man! They told me to do it! They came to my house with 6 inch long knives and threatend me!

Sarr Koon
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:11:30 PM
Awesome, awesome game. I'm loving it so far. Couldn't ask for more I don't think.

Rognan Dar
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:05:56 AM
Well, I played very little so far and I'm liking it very much. The whole combat seems to be faster, which is better, because you dont have to wait so long for them to do that one extra move to kill them. And looking at all the cool new force moves and other feats to get just blows me away. I dont know what to pick!

Zyon Rouge
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:14:58 AM
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
Well, I played very little so far and I'm liking it very much. The whole combat seems to be faster, which is better, because you dont have to wait so long for them to do that one extra move to kill them. And looking at all the cool new force moves and other feats to get just blows me away. I dont know what to pick! Noooo! You got it before me! Dang you!

Rognan Dar
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:27:26 PM
Delete....

Rognan Dar
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:27:58 PM
Noooo! You got it before me! Dang you!

:mischief

Zyon Rouge
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:43:05 PM
After 4 days of going back to target, I finally got it last thursday(with a free guide, wee) and the game is awesome. I like the fact there is no level cap like the first game, that was annoying.

I am currently on Nar Shadaa, on Goto Yahte. I think I might have to reload to my save before that can get a differant pair of party members, Mira and Atton keep getting whooped by the guard droids. Mira is at level 13 and everyone else is at 12(this is the first of the four planets I have been on, so no members from the other planets. So if anyone can help me, that would be great!

Rognan Dar
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:05:29 PM
Well, for having it a few days after me you sure seem to have played it a lot more, hmm? I'm still on the station trying to do as much as I can. I'm being a lightsider and trying to help the Ithorians out...I hates them...

Sarr Koon
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:12:52 PM
How did you get Mira? I got stuck with the stupid Wookie instead. Perhaps it has to do with whether you are Light or Dark. I was Dark at the time. Are you Light?

I've already beaten the game once. I'm letting a friend borrow it so he can burn it onto his modded X-Box. Then I'm going to play through as a Light Side Guardian. Did you all know that a few of your party memebers can become Jedis? I wasn't able to do it cuz I didn't gather enough influence with them.

Zyon Rouge
Dec 15th, 2004, 06:36:25 PM
Yeah, if you are Light you get Mira, if you are Dark you get Hanharr.

You also get a differant party member if you are male or female.

Sarr Koon
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:59:50 AM
Yep. Male gets Handmaiden and Female gets Disciple. Cool stuff.

Zyon Rouge
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:05:41 AM
I have two lightsabers right now and I am not even off the first of the four planets. I have my main one(Blue) and a double bladed red, by I myself don't like double bladed lightsabers.

Sarr Koon
Dec 16th, 2004, 09:05:07 AM
Me neither. With my Guardian/Weapons Master I'm going to use 2 single bladed sabers because then you can have a total of 12 crystals in both whereas a Double-Bladed is still only 6.

Zyon Rouge
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:30:59 PM
*hugs my Ultimate Green and Ultimate Blue lightsabers from KOTOR I*

Grev Drasen
Dec 18th, 2004, 10:17:16 AM
The ending was a disappointment, as a darksider at least. I might go back through as a lightsider, but having to go through Nar Shaddaa again is really discouraging. That planet was awful.

Sarr Koon
Dec 18th, 2004, 11:50:10 AM
The lightside ending isn't any better. Nar Shaddaa was my favorite planet. That's weird that you hate it.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:00:15 PM
It sucks I have to wait two months for this. I wish I could have it now. Oh Well I guess I can wait.

JediBoricua
Dec 19th, 2004, 08:21:24 PM
I'm really enjoying the game. I've played over 35 hrs and still have two planets left.

I must say the story is not as strong as it was in KOTOR I. They shouldn't have made it so close to the first game because the story feels patched up so it can fit how you played the previous game.

But the gameplay is a lot better. Specially the fact that you can level up much faster without a celing, I'm already at level 23 with Korriban and Dantooine left.

I'm playing it light side, Consular/Master with a high CHA so I can use dark side powers without penalty. I have a killer Force Storm, and so far I haven't run out of force points during combat.

I already turned Mira into a Jedi, and I think the Handmaiden can be teached also, but I can't seem to trigger it, anyone know how?

Cyrel Annat
Dec 19th, 2004, 11:16:54 PM
In order to trigger the Handmaiden, you must defeat her in training combat on the ship. Just talk to her on the Ebon Hawk and ask her to teach you fighting techniques. Defeat her three times and she says there's nothing more to teach her.

Talk to her again after you've put your armor back on, and ask her to wear less revealing clothing. She puts on old Jedi robes that were her mother's. Talk to her a bit and then talk to Kreia. Blahblahblah, she shows interest in this and then you talk to the Handmaiden again and take it from there. This should work.

JediBoricua
Dec 20th, 2004, 02:27:19 PM
Cool.

I've already defeated her and spoked about the clothes but never got that option, I'll try again tonight.

I think I can also train the Zabrak, whatever his name is.

Grev Drasen
Dec 20th, 2004, 02:44:42 PM
Bao-Dur, and yeah I just converted him. Now I just need Atton to give in.

Sarr Koon
Dec 20th, 2004, 09:16:20 PM
I thought I took my sweet time and I beat it in 35 hours. I'm going through now as Light Side Guardian/Master. It's fun being godd. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 24th, 2004, 07:59:45 AM
It took me quite a few tries to be good on KOTOR 1. I start out with the best intentions, then usually pick up a good number of dark side points, then briefly try my hand at a few good deeds, before ultimately being consumed by evil ^_^; (though I did manage to play through once and get the 'good' ending)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:35:30 AM
Well I've preordered KOTOR 2. Just a matter of waiting now :grumble

Yog
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:22:03 PM
KOTOR was a great game, but for no particular reason I lost interest some way through. I have yet to play it through.

Rognan Dar
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:48:04 PM
I thought it was great. I thought the ending was the worse thing that could have happened to it. And, personally, I think it goes on for far to long. Like you said Yog, if your not really into it, it can make you lose interest. I want to play it again, this time on the other side of the Force, but I dont know if I can sit through another game like that, already knowing all that I do.

Sarr Koon
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:12:55 AM
I thought it was great. I thought the ending was the worse thing that could have happened to it. And, personally, I think it goes on for far to long. Like you said Yog, if your not really into it, it can make you lose interest. I want to play it again, this time on the other side of the Force, but I dont know if I can sit through another game like that, already knowing all that I do.

You said it man. The ending was a real stinker and i was very disappointed.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:23:25 PM
but I dont know if I can sit through another game like that, already knowing all that I do.

I had that problem with the original KOTOR (and Neverwinter Nights, even more so). I think you just have to put the game down for a couple of months, play something else, then try coming back to it.

Draken Lasoxx
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:30:59 PM
The game was excellent in my views. I conquered the game in about 31 hours going fully to the light side. Becoming a master at the lightsaber. Then once i was threw, I decided to kill everyone who got in my way through the game. Becoming a Sith Lord, it became all to easy nearly killing everyone in sight with the advanced lightning attack...what was it called?? Like Thunder something. I just know it attacks everyone in a 10 m distance and it did a lot of damage. For the ending, i would say it was a let down, but it did leave a big opening for a KOTOR III. Your travels to find Revan. Possibly out there trying to fight battles alone. Just me putting two and two together, but I believe it would be a great idea for the third game.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2005, 03:56:06 AM
:lol Draken... yeah, that's what I did on KOTOR1. I was so good until very close to the end, and then I just said to hell with it, I am going to put this lightsaber to good use :D

My copy of KOTOR2 was due to arrive today, but I think all the Valentines Day post is probably slowing the postman down *shakes fist*

EDIT: AH HA! VICTORY IS MINE! Installing now :D

QuiGonJ
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:42:02 PM
I got it last Thursday, and I've gotten to 12th level playing only Telos and Dantooine (halfway throughthe Jedi Academy ruins). Not hating it, but some things feel too much on a rail, where you have to do X Y or Z no matter what you do.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:49:56 PM
I am at that point too. Well that I guess is the thing with it, I guess trying to say if you do this and do that you end up here. I don't mind it so much, at least so far. I do think the characters are better this time though. The Old Woman is a great character not sure what she is about. I think the game is great so far at least.

Rognan Dar
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:36:24 PM
Well, unless you are a very good character solving kind of person, you will not know what Kreia(sp?) is about until just about the end. I get a x-box mag and it had a run down on all the characters you can have. They said that the ending and that she was predictible. For me, I was so lost with her. I was just having fun with everything else you could do.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 15th, 2005, 11:55:48 PM
Yeah me too so far, I just finished Dantooine that was fun. I wonder why they ditched the Yoda like Jedi for Ed Asner's grumpy old Jedi. I have heard talk about the ending being very rushed on other boards although I have heard the exact details I guess I will have to get there and see that for myself.

Rognan Dar
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:44:10 PM
The ending is the worse thing they could have done to the game. There is so much build up that in the end, its just over. Almost think that they should just stop making games now. The whole thing was great, dont get me wrong. I just wish they would have let the ending be a little...slower?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 16th, 2005, 11:55:57 PM
Not having gotten to the end. I am far from but I have read from different sites that this game was rushed towards the end. It would explain some of the bugs I have seen, mostly graphic stuff but still things that shouldn't have gotten into the game. Still, it is a fun game and I bet there will be at least one more considering how well these two games have sold.

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2005, 12:04:47 AM
There are a lot of bugs in the game. Mostly like the graphics stopping, and then a second later rushed through them, sending you completely where you didn't want to. Like, if I was about to get into a fight it would freeze, and then go back to normal, but I would have been walking for that whole time and now on the other side of the map. At some points it was really making me mad.

I can almost see what it was rushed. The game itself is so long and vast that everything else would then have to take as long to develope to such a build up. If there is not a game after this one, then I will be VERY disapointed. They did in the end, however short, made a good point to start the next. You'll have to wait and see why, but I can only imagen where it might lead.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 17th, 2005, 03:32:08 AM
I've encountered a bug already. Trying to leave the Academy on Telos. Every time the little video / discussion between the Handmaidens finishes, I end up back on the Ebon Hawk - but the whole screen is black. I can hear movement if I hit the X key (weapon flourish)... I tried saving and reloading in there, but no luck.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:57:31 PM
I had several glitches with dialogues sometimes it would skip and I say did I miss something? Hopefully there will be a patch to fix this stuff though I would have already beaten it once by that time probably.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:01:42 AM
I'm on Dantooine now, and no further glitches since that last one I experienced. I'm enjoying it so far :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 20th, 2005, 02:19:54 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=708190
Check me out :angel

Rognan Dar
Feb 20th, 2005, 11:52:04 PM
EW! What are you wearing? Yeah, I did that, too (the light side thing). Its not all that hard really. Now, trying to get my whole party to go dark is something else. You have to be mean yet gain their respect and such. Not as fun as just being the nicest guy in the galaxy.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 21st, 2005, 03:00:16 PM
I am going lightside right now, but I can't see how you can gain favor with HK and GOTO while going light. It is very hard, IMO. Now Mandalore and Kiera I can see just have to watch what you say. And yeah I can see going dark being hard with Bao and the Handmadien those two are very light characters.

QuiGonJ
Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:54:51 PM
I did Nar Shadaa last, and so I ended up with three characters I barely know (GO-TO, the bounty hunter chick, and HK-47), and I am now near what I assume is the end. I did talk to them to see what I could get in the way of influence and just to find out there, but I'm still wondering why I am caring about influence. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:36:09 PM
I honestly don't care unless it helps turn the character into a jedi for example playing the male, I made sure my influence was high on the Handmadien, Atton, and Mira so I could get those three trained as jedi. I didn't really care about the rest unless you can get the Zabraak into a jedi but I didn't think so.

QuiGonJ
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:58:25 AM
I finished last night. I didn't hate the ending, but mainly cause I think the voice actress who played Kreia was fun to listen too.

I also found out the Toydarian did such a good job because he was, in fact none other than Andy Secombe, Watto from TPM! :)

Pierce Tondry
Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:52:59 PM
oh snap Vega's character is jesus

Shawn
Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:12:11 PM
If there's one word to describe this game, it's engrossing. The characters are much more three-dimensional than in the first game and the story seems stronger so far.

Just got off of Peragus, we'll see how it goes from here.

Edit: I'm a little confused about the plot, though: Are you supposed to be the same character as from the first game? They're not too clear on that so far.

QuiGonJ
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:21:05 PM
It won't give much away to say, no, you are not the character from the first game. though you have met that character. :)

Rognan Dar
Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:44:43 PM
If you want to know about your the character plot the read the spoiler. No, you are not the same person. The person from the last game is/was Revan, the dark lord who got his memory wiped and able to start over. In this game you are just a Jedi that went off to war with Revan, and later turns out that Revan went against all the Jedi, which turned into the Jedi Civil Wars.

I dont know if that really spoils anything, but I thought it better to keep it safe.

Being dark is really hard, as far as turning others dark. Atton is not all that hard to turn, since he is a little bit of a dark character anyway. I could never influence Kriea or Mandalore, not that I cared either. I also did Nar Shadaa last and didn't get to use HK...how sad.

But what I am having trouble with is turning the Handmaiden into a force user. I heard somewhere that you have to beat her like three times in unarmed combat before you can do it. And I did that, but before I got her on my ship so I only fought her once. And now she doesn't like want to talk about anything...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2005, 06:04:52 PM
Okay about the Handmaiden you have to get dressed and then tell her to get some clothes on and she will put on these robes. Ask her about the robes than you find out that her Mother was a jedi then talk to Kiera and that will open that up. About the game I am at the last level I have to say I hate the fact that the ship crashes and there is no explanation of what happened to your team. I assume they are still alive and on the ship but a cut scene showing this would have been nice. I see where the game got rushed right now. Also is there any romantic story?? Or did that get mostly cut from the game. I kinda of got some romantic talk from the Handmaiden and the dark jedi girl but that is about it.

Rognan Dar
Feb 24th, 2005, 07:22:35 PM
Romantic story? I first played the game as a girl. The only thing that would hint at it would have been Atton. He makes some comments now and then, sometimes asking other members if me(the main character) likes him or not. Kind of like when Han asks Luke to picture him and Leia. There is not all that much else. Maybe the Disciple...but he is just a stupid person that wants to follow her blindly, so I dont think that counts.

Do you think that Mandalore can be turned into a Force user? If so, I haven't seen any hints at it, but it would be cool to see a mandaloring shooting out waves of lightning. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2005, 12:53:54 AM
It isn't possible for Mandalore at least as far as I know about the romantic story well the first game had more obvious touches maily with Bastila and Carth (if you were female). With this one I guess like Atton with female, personally the dark jedi girl I don't consider a love story she just wants to call you master, I don't see love there. Maybe with the Handmaiden or I should say Brianna as that is her name. But there isn't that much. I gather the end was rushed I have gotten to the final battle with Darth Sion so I can't say about the end. But what is it with Mira and Hannarr? Why was she outside the ship? That is the stuff that to me are problems. And why do you have to play the Remote? Is Bao dead? The hologram makes me wonder but nobody said he got killed anywhere, unless the crashed killed him.

JediBoricua
Feb 25th, 2005, 10:58:25 AM
You can trigger a romance sequence with Visas.

If you play it right you even get to 'see' each other, if you catch my drift ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2005, 12:32:11 PM
Well I opened up a dialogue before battling Atris with her and I saw something about her staying there with you but I told her we couldn't do that now or something. I honestly didn't care much for her. She seemed like a slave character who left her old master for you. I like the Handmaiden character better not sure if they had anything more planned with her or not, perhaps for a sequel but who knows. I know there was nothing with Mira although you could get some funny lines from her if you say you want to talk.

Lady Vader
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:11:36 PM
Something funny :)

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-19

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:32:54 PM
Well I don't the influence system was that bad. I just didn't seem the point it never affect the game that I could see. Okay I finished here are my thoughts about the end the end was okay I didn't mind you flew off to find Revan that was a fine way to end it. The only problem I have is why thrown those fights with the remote and Mira in there?? They didn't fit especially when there wasn't any explanation about them. Also you think Keira is telling the truth? I sure don't trust her she sounds like Palpatine only telling you what she wants. She is the opposite of Yoda as Yoda says difficutl to predict the future, always in motion. So I don't think anything she said about your companions really mean anything. I am sure most of them will be back. Especially Mandalore, Atton, the Handmaiden/Disciple, Mira, Visas, and the Droids. No clue about Bao because that hologram thing was very confusing.

Shawn
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:48:22 PM
I'm on Nar Shaddaa, and I just dumped Kreia on the ship so I don't have to listen to her constant whining every time I do something nice. I swapped her for the handmaiden, who's 1/3rd her age and totally digs it when give money to the poor. :cool

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2005, 06:40:25 PM
Yeah the Handmaiden is cool make sure you get that dancers outfit for her heh.

QuiGonJ
Feb 25th, 2005, 10:15:25 PM
I am sick.. I actually pulled Kreia out of the ship only to find you couldn't put her in the dancer's outfit... heh

I mainly just wanted to see if it would affect influence with her somehow.

Rognan Dar
Feb 26th, 2005, 12:05:04 AM
You sick, sick person. WHY would you want to put her in that? X_X

Shawn
Feb 26th, 2005, 12:35:44 AM
I tried putting on the dancer's outfit. I'm a male character. :o I only tried because the description said I was one of the characters that could use it.

QuiGonJ
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:11:07 PM
Mainly I just wanted to see if the Devs had a sense of humor. I mean, it's not like any of those characters were actually sexy. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:15:46 PM
I have a question about the return to Dxun/Onderon.

I've just finished the section where the General and the Queen battle it out for who gets to control Onderon. I was just wondering if there are different ways this could end? I'm not sure which was supposed to be the most beneficial to either light or dark... I sided with the General, but didn't get and DSP or anything.

But then I was left with no other option but to kill the Jedi Master. Is that the only way that battle can go?? If not, I'm not sure where I went wrong. I don't even remember how I ended up on the Generals side in the first place!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2005, 06:03:27 PM
About that if you side with the general you have to kill the Jedi Master he is sided with the Queen. You got to side with the Queen for the light side. Though there are different ending to what happens with the queen but I have only seen one

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2005, 12:39:26 AM
I can't say much about the dark side of that, yet. But when I did the light side I joined the queen and fought back the general and all his goons. From there you could almost choose how the general was going to die: weither it was right there and then, slicing him down kind of thing, or having the queen choose what to do; like having a trial or just her judgement and command. So there is kind of a different way there.

But for the Dark Side I would think that it is very limited. As far as I could see from the first time around; you are either light or dark, and that means you either help the Jedi Masters or you kill them. I dont think there is a, be bad put let them live option. Though I have seen a be good and kill them option. At lest on Nar Shadaa and the Jedi there.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2005, 05:28:33 AM
The thing is though, I've been good and saved the rest of the Jedi Masters, so it's sorted of screwing up my plan to stay good. Like I say, I don't even remember how I ended up on the Generals side.. I feel like I've been robbed of my goodness :(

EDIT: Wow, that was the most anti-climatic ending ever.

Anastasia Justina
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:47:59 AM
yo, I just got the game today from Amazon for the PC I feel like I died and gone to heaven. I'm playing a jedi once more. So love being a Jedi.

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2005, 11:04:57 PM
Isn't the ending weird? I was completely blown away be it all. After fighting Sion, which was also weird how he kept coming back to life, and then fighting Kreia, which was also weird. Did anyone else have to fight some floughting lightsabers before you could get to her? Anyway, and then she starts to tell you about your friends? What was up with that. Through the whole game she hates how you picked up so many and then, when she's dieing, she tells you about them. And then its over, and you are left hanging, longing for something else, anything else, to finish the game.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2005, 12:33:22 AM
Well She could be playing with your emotions even on the edge of death she might want to play with your mind. I don't think the future would be completely known to her. I didn't mind the ending I knew it was setting up a sequel. I was more mad about the disjointedness about the end of the game the lack of cutscenes on the last world. Could have explained where your friends where. Also who thought they way overhyped Darth Nilihist? He was made out to be this destroyer of a worlds and the main bad guy but he turned out to be nothing. I didn't mind that except they put him on the cover. I understood he was a lackey of Keiria and she was using him like Sion to test you. But they could have toned down him down because he was the weakest of the three Sith lords.

Rognan Dar
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:49:07 PM
Well, that might have been the point. In making him look as the big bad guy, then it made you think that there was no one else to worry about. And that also might have been what Kreia wanted, for you to not consider her to be the...true leader of the sith? I think it was unneeded to make him apear so strong. Man, I kicked his butt. I could have done it with one person, I bet. What I thought was strange is the thought that the ship he was on was, like, suppose to be held together by Nilihist's will or something? I liked the part on how you and the mandalorians went and set bombs to blow it up. That was fun. =)

Another thing I thought was a nice touch was having Carth be in this game. I knew he was one of the main reasons that made me want to know what was going on. Why was he there? Why did he want you? Those kind of things. And in the end where you try and talk to him about Reven, and how he all wanted to know if you knew where he/she was. I wish there were more of the past characters in it, but oh well.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:45:00 AM
Another thing I thought was a nice touch was having Carth be in this game.

Yeah, and after everyone going on and on about how there were no Jedi left, it was a nice suprise to have Bastila appear too :)

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:24:07 PM
......She did? Where? I must have missed that for some reason...or maybe it eas because I was female...?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2005, 04:01:52 PM
Quite near the end. When you go to visit Carth and he asks about Revan. Once you've left, Bastila comes in and asks whether you knew where Revan was. Maybe it does depend on whether you are male or female. Did people talk about your version of Revan being male or female?

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:22:45 PM
Most of the beginning of the game is based on making up Revan as you were or wanted him/her to be. I the last game I played female. So in this one it was double female: me with Reven being one also, and also being a Jedi in the end. Or at lest tried to help out and be good. But I dont ever recall her talking to Carth, even after you see him in person or anytime during the game. Does it show her in character? Like you see her face?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:31:36 PM
Yeah if you made Revan male you get Bastila, she is in it also if you made Revan dark side. Also there are other characters from the first game. Of course the two droids but also Canderous. He was Mandalore I guessed it from his voice. I heard a mention of Jolee by somebody but other that I didn't spot another character from the first game

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:39:28 PM
Really? Canderous is mandalore? Do figure, huh. Its been a long time inbetween the two games that I wouldn't have been able to pick it out. I can't see Jolee being in there. I think it would have been cool to see him with like the other Jedi masters. But I guess not.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:50:36 PM
Well I thought it was very cool when I figured it out, and it made sense. I wonder if he will tell you if you can gain enough influence with him about Revan. As for Jolee, the disciple made mention of him that was it. The rest of the characters from the first game weren't interesting enough I guess even to get a mention.

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:52:59 PM
Well, they use just about half of them anyway. And most of the interesting ones as well. I'm surprised they were able to fit in as many as they did. The game is so much greater now to know that there is more then just Carth and the droids.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:17:51 AM
If the voice didn't give away that Mandalore was Canderous, then him shouting "FOR CLAN ORDO!" at one point definetly ldid.

At what point in the game do you establish what Revan was like? I don't remember that..

Rognan Dar
Mar 4th, 2005, 12:50:37 PM
It was in the beginning when you were talking to Atton. At lest that is one of the main parts of it. Later on, now and then, others talk about Revan and you can agree or not and try and set the record strait. But its mostly when you get Atton out of his cage on Peragius(sp?)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 6th, 2005, 10:24:51 PM
Weird. I never met Carth or Bastilla

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 6th, 2005, 10:42:12 PM
if you played Darkside you never saw Carth. With Bastila you only saw here in a holovid if you found it

Morgan Evanar
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:20:00 PM
I was hardcore lightside, how do you bump into Carth?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 7th, 2005, 12:08:48 AM
Oh whoops I meant if you set Revan to darkside. If you set him to lightside you would have met Carth after you defeat Darth Nilhist. He is also in like two cut scenes talking to that Telos Commander

Rognan Dar
Mar 10th, 2005, 02:09:33 PM
There is a holovid of Bastila? Where in the world is that hidding?

And I saw Carth many times. Lightsider should see him quite a bit, and then get to have a small talk with him in the end(as in the last time you see him). He is on Telos while Nilhist is attacking it. I think you see him before and after you go out to blow the ship up.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 10th, 2005, 02:19:35 PM
There is a holovid of Bastila? Where in the world is that hidding?

And I saw Carth many times. Lightsider should see him quite a bit, and then get to have a small talk with him in the end(as in the last time you see him). He is on Telos while Nilhist is attacking it. I think you see him before and after you go out to blow the ship up.

I actually met her in person, though I saw a lot of Carth on holovids... only met him once

Rognan Dar
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:54:34 AM
Yes, but where did you meet her? And where you playing male of female?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2005, 06:29:04 AM
Telos. I was playing as male/lightside, and Revan was male too.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:33:29 AM
I had to uninstall this game because I have no willpower.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:36:52 AM
:huh willpower.. for?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 13th, 2005, 02:16:44 PM
Not playing the game when I have other stuff to do. It's like really addictive something.

Rognan Dar
Mar 13th, 2005, 10:04:09 PM
It can be. After beating it once I'm not so into it. But going from one side of the scale to the other...there is so much more out there in the story that I never knew about until trying something different.

Travis North
Apr 24th, 2005, 06:49:07 PM
Sorry for the minor necromancy but... I just got the PC version and a couple of times when loading into new areas or playing cutscenes, the game crashes and error reports pop up. What exactly should I do to solve this problem?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2005, 10:05:57 AM
hm. not sure. have you patched the game?

Travis North
Apr 25th, 2005, 12:34:20 PM
Yeah I patched after I installed it.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 29th, 2005, 07:17:34 AM
This thread is long enough now that it is getting to be a strain on the Data Base. To continue this thread please start a new one and I will make a link to the new thread in this post.

This thread is now locked.