PDA

View Full Version : Begining of a new life...(NOW OPEN)

Raven Vain
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:11:42 PM
It has been nearly one thousand years since I have last seen light. Nor have I opened my eyes. I have been trapped in a dungeon deep beneath the dwellings of any creatures. The reason for this is that I have been cursed, I, Raven Vain. I have listened to all my friends and family die. I have heard every word that they said, it was part of my suffering. I have shared and endured every pain that they have encountered. For one thousand years I have been bound by these unseen chains to the dungeon walls. Its like no spell that I have ever heard, seen, or even used my self.

The evil sorceress Eleanor casts this curse upon my soul when we were fighting in the war of the Ancients nearly ten centuries ago. It was all of the ancients left in all the worlds. I remember every detail of that battle. All of us were fighting for the King of all Ancients Aletoris. He grew to powerful for anyone normal to even approach him, without being destroyed. He always wore a black robe with silver lining on the collar sleeves and the tip or his hood. His eyes were black, when you looked into them you could capture a quick glimpse of the last seconds of the his last victims life. Aletoris's hood was always on, and for some reason you could never see his face. Aletoris wore some type of black magical cloth both on his hands and feet. One day he went ill, no one really knows how it happened but some say he put a spell upon himself. They say he was tired of the world, living and just wanted to go to the afterworld. I myself think that he was weary of all the pain and suffering of us Ancients. I think he just wanted to pass the throne down to someone else.

When the word got out that Aletoris was struck ill. Our enemies got together and formed an alliance. The great sorceress Eleanor was one of the leaders. The Ancients fought for seven hundred years, and the battle finally ended when I caught up to Eleanor. Eleanors clothing was all red. She has a symbol on her forehead, that I could never forget. This symbol was a red circle, inside of it was an all black background with silver stars in it. There were thirteen silver stars to be exact. This was the mark from the parallel universe. Her eyes glowed bluer then the bluest ocean. When I looks into them I heard Aletoris speak to me in my mind. Telling me I, Raven Vain was the last hope for the Ancients. He told me "by the time the battle was over he would be gone." He also said, "to not fear for we will not have to worry about any battles like this again for many years." Right as I was approaching Eleanor, Aletoris spoke one last time and said," there will be a great price to pay when you defeat the sorceress."

As Eleanor and I started to battle every one was frozen with all eyes on us. We fought for three months straight. I finally had her cornered in a cave as I was casting my final spell her death was imminent. She chanted the most mysterious spell I have ever heard, but I could not understand what she was saying for she was speaking the language of the parallel universe. We finished our spells at the same time.

Then a white glowing light was in the middle of the cave, and it spoke to us. It said," sorceress you know you have lost this battle. As she died she cast her curse upon me. One that had trapped me here for such a long time. At first I thought that I was next, but when the light spoke to me it said," My son you have done well,” I then knew it was Aletoris" Eleanor has cast a curse upon you and I cannot break it. The rules forbid me to intervene on your behalf. The light was then gone and I felt the chains on my arms and legs.

It has now been one thousand years since I have been bound under this curse. It is now over and " IM FREE AT LAST."

Raven Vain
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:50:29 AM
Raven Vain now free from the one thing that held him back from doing anything for so many years, can see once again. What he saw though was far beyond anything of his imagination. In the room that he was trapped in for so many years were spirits flying all around him. He was not afraid, but happy to see. For he had not looked at anything real for such a long time. These spirits glowed with a mysterious beauty. He could now see that they were trying to lead him somewhere. Where and why he did not know. Raven did not care though; all he could think about was getting out of the dungeon. He followed the spirits for about ten minutes without seeing anything but pitch black and what he was following. Finally he got to two pillars. On one of these pillars there was a red arrow pointing one direction, and on the other pillar there was a grey arrow pointing in the opposite direction. In the middle of the pillars there was a sign that read,” Only you can choose your true fate one way is a free ticket to life and the other the way to death!"

Raven Vain
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:23:22 PM
Raven stood for a good ten minutes before finally coming to his choice. What made him make his decision, was when he remembered the red in Eleanors eyes. He thought back to when he was being trained to be an ancient warrior of might and sith magic. His master used to always tell him that you can always make good choices in the future by looking into someones eyes.
He then knew that the red arrow was not the right way to go, or was it?

Raven Vain
Nov 21st, 2004, 01:58:40 PM
After coming to his choice Raven decided that he would follow the gray arrow. He then started to walk and the spirits started to glow light red. As soon as the spirits were turning red Raven immediately stopped. "If the spirits were blue the whole time I was going in the right direction I must not have the right feeling." "After all I have been locked in this dungeon for a while, so I know I'm a little rusty with my skills, I should be following the color of her eyes." Raven walked back to the pillars, and the spirits started to glow blue again, just as he thought. He then started to follow the red arrow and the spirits started turning a lighter blue. "I must be getting closer to the exit," Raven thought to him self. As Raven walked down the path a ways, there were two golden identical chalices. They were sitting across from each other on two silver floating tables. One of the tables had green vines carved into it. In the very middle of the table you could see another carving of a man in black reaching his hand out to something, but you cannot see what he was reaching for. On the other table were the two chalices carved into it. In one of them was a red substance. In the other one right below it was a clear substance. Above one of the chalices was a sign that read," A cup for you a cup for me choose wrong and forever we shall spend eternity." Above the other chalice there was also a sign this one read,” Choose wrong and say goodbye, but choose the other and you may just die!! Raven knew that he had to drink from these cups but which one?

Raven Vain
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:30:40 PM
Raven sat and thought for a long time. "A cup for you a cup for me choose wrong and forever we shall spend eternity. Choose wrong and say goodbye, but choose the other and you may just die!!" This kept repeating in Ravens mind. Raven had been in a class when he was training, that thought him how to know mind tricks and solve riddles. Raven never heard a riddle like this one before. "It did not make any sense to him. No matter what cup I choose it is wrong, but I have to pick one." "AHHH!!! Why can’t I figure this riddle out?"

The phrase went through his head again. "Maybe? NO but if i'm wrong uhhh. I guess there’s only one way to find out. Raven stood and picked up the cup with the man. When he removed the cup the vines on the table moved and you could see the man in black. He wasn't reaching up he was reaching down to a man with a light saber in his right hand, and hanging onto a ledge wiith his left hand. Raven then went to the other table and picked up the cup, and mixed the two of them together, as he did that the two chalices came to life. The chalice on top in the picture on the second table tilted over and spilled into the other at the same time as Raven poured his chalice into the other. The substance turned a light blue when Raven drank it, he thought to himself, “this is the best thing I ever drank in my life.

After he was done drinking the potion, a wall opened up. As Raven looked into the wall he could see a hall with a white bear fur carpet leading to the end of it. At the end of the hall Raven saw light peeking through a door and immediately started to run to the end of the room. When Raven got to the light he stood and was blinded for a few seconds, but when he barley started to get his vision back, he saw a door with a button next to it. Raven then reached out his hand and pushed the button the spirits immediately disappeared. When Raven got into what seemed to be elevator of some type there was another button to push. This button was gold with two initials of the Parallel Universe letters. Raven then pushed the button and the elevator started to rise for what seemed to be hours to Raven, before coming to a stop. When the elevator did stop the door opened and Raven saw sand dunes for the first time in hundred's of years.

Raven then started walking up and down the sand dunes for miles before he thought he saw someone out in the distance. Raven looked down in a valley where the sand dunes started to disappear, and saw what looked to be another living life forms arm holding onto a ledge. Raven then went to the edge and reached down and pulled the person up.

"Are you alright?" How did you fall off of this cliff?" Raven asked the stranger.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 24th, 2004, 09:55:35 AM
Karthon had met one of his usual fates, narrowly avoiding a bounty hunter by some strange twist of luck. The Stennes Shifter had made a desperate jump from a speeder onto this barren hellhole. However the time in his latest captivity meant he didn't actually know where here was. Worse still, the tumble had nearly taken him over the edge of a cliff, which he was now clinging to.

As Karthon was gripping on for dear life, wondering just how to get out of his present predicament, someone reached for his hand. Relieved he clasped on tightly to this life-line and tried to pull himself up. Eventually he slumped over the edge, kicking his legs against the face of the rock, he found some purchase to push his body onto solid ground.

"Are you alright, how did you fall off the cliff."

Karthon decided a lie was the best course of action here, he tried to put on a convincing face.

"Yes I am now, just a bit shaken up. I had a disagreement with an...associate."

He looked around trying to make out the surroundings, where was he? Then he looked at the stranger, he couldn't clearly make out his features or his face.

"Just who do I owe my continued existence to?"

The Shifter said brushing himself down. Subtly he glanced at the stranger to see if he was armed.

Raven Vain
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:13:52 PM
"My name is Raven Vain an Ancient probably long before your time." Raven replied. He knew that this man was not telling the full truth to his incident, but he didn't show concern, for Raven would not have told a complete stranger his whole story either. Raven was just glad to see someone, anyone, or anything friend or foe. Raven could tell that the man he saved was looking for something or where he was. Raven wasn't sure if this man was trust worthy so he had his hands close enough to his light sabers as possible without alarming the man.

What kind of disagreement would lead to you hanging of a cliff for your life in the middle of nowhere? If you don’t mind me asking! Still watching his every move, Raven then smiled and asked, " Who are and what do you do."

Karthon Vanar
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:52:24 PM
Karthon heard the words but didn't understand Ravens meaning behind the term ancient. From Karthons limited knowledge of the outside world, he assumed Raven meant elderly or perhaps he was simply being eccentric in his self-characterisation.

He looked Raven over a moment before answering, watching equally as carefully for any sign of misdirection. With his luck this would probably be another bounty hunter, on yet another world without escape. He did notice some sort of weaponry around Ravens waist but again limited knowledge of the subject left him none the wiser.

Karthon smiled as he answered, trying to hide his suspicion.

"It was with someone who wasn't overly concerned about whether I actually ended up over that cliff."

His tone was true because the point was honest if vague. This was the risky part, did he just volunteer his name and could he really trust a stranger with that edge. He sighed, all this suspicion was beginning to make his head spin.

"My name is Karthon and let us just say I am seeking information."

He took another look around the desolate landscape, clearly having no idea where he was currently standing.

"I seem to be at a loss, where exactly are we?"

Vice
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:39:15 PM
Vice was stranded in th middle of nowhere not remembering how he got there when he saw what seemed to be two men.Vice started growing excited whith the thought that he wouldnt be bored and alone in the desert any more so he began running toward the men until he was about 30 yards from the two when he noticed that the men might not be friendly as they look but it was worth trying to make friends so Vice went up to the men and asked do you know what this place is. The men then looked at him

Raven Vain
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:20:59 PM
Raven saw that someone was walking up to them and put his hand on his light saber cautiously, still being aware of Karthon and his every move. "Be prepared to strike but don't show any sign of it." Raven softly spoke to Karthon. As the stranger walked up Raven spoke, “Stay where you are stranger speak your name and your business here and you won’t get hurt."

Raven then looked to Karthon and whispered," Don't let him get to close you never know who he could be out here. When he gets to close just warn him and let him state his position here.”

Vice
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:44:03 PM
Vice laufed at the threat.I dont want to cause trouble I just want
to be friendly and figure out where this place is.

Raven Vain
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:27:07 PM
"Why do you laugh did I say something to ammuse you? Since you say you want no trouble, then like I said before tell me who you are and how you got here, and keep your hands away from any weapons you might have." Raven spoke to Vice.

Vice
Nov 29th, 2004, 07:28:52 PM
Vice slowly grabbed his two lightsabers that he was given to from his father when he was a youngster and threw them the mens feet so the men wouldnt be alarmed and see that Vice
ment no harm.

'' You want the truth heres the truth I woke up in this hot
desert a couple of days ago not knowing how I got here now
here I am.''

Raven Vain
Nov 29th, 2004, 08:27:32 PM
Raven looked to Karthon and said," Slowly get the two lightsabers and come back. Then tell this man where we are because I think you have some ideal to as what this place is, since you didn't just wake up out here.

Vice
Nov 29th, 2004, 08:45:56 PM
Vice used the force to bring the lightsabers back to him and then put them up.''I put my part of the deal by telling my story now you tell me where this place is you dont need my lightsabers to
tell me where this place is do you.

Raven Vain
Nov 29th, 2004, 09:02:28 PM
Oh so all of the sudden you have the force. Put the lightsabers back down and don't try to act brave or you can have a taste of my iron blade boy!!! Your destiny is in your hands.

Vice
Nov 29th, 2004, 11:16:13 PM
''You better be able to back up what you say unless you want to die right now.I told you alredy I just want to make friends an get out of here.Can you just try that please.''

Raven Vain
Nov 29th, 2004, 11:39:37 PM
I can try and make friends if you start watching your mouth, and for what you said about backing up what I say I would be more than glad to show you if you would like!!! For I know that you would be no problem for me to handle you are not as swift as you think you are. If you want to end all of this arguing then do not bring this back up but if you really want to seal your fate then late me know so I can put you in your place.

Vice
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:02:37 AM
''I could kill you now very eaisly but were better of friends in this
positon wouldnt you think.''

Raven Vain
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:19:51 AM
"No I preferably like to travel alone. Since you think that you could easily kill me then let us see it done, but you are foolish if you dare for you know not who I am nor what i'm capable of." Raven furiously spoke to the stranger. Then pulled out his two lightsabers and held them in a defensive position in front of his body.

Vice
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:55:51 PM
Ive seem some crazy people but never ones that are in a hurry to die.I better save my breath so I will have more energy for this dessert.

Raven Vain
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:01:07 PM
In all of the arguing Raven noticed that Karthon was nowhere in sight. "Since you do not want to fight, and the other guy left I will let you travel with me for a while. On one condition you do not open your big mouth and argue." Agreed?

Vice
Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:26:44 AM
Agreed.It wasnt very smart of me just to argue whith you when you and your friend are the only ones out here.

Raven Vain
Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:50:31 AM
Yes I agree with you on that one. We should probably get going on our journey. Raven looked for Karthons tracks so they might be able to find a way out of the desert or find a village. He found some tracks and they started to follow them. They walked for about ten minutes before the wind started to blow and lost the tracks. " We should try and find our own way out since we lost Karthon's tracks." Raven tried his best to figure out what direction they were faceing, but he couldn't figure it out. Raven then just started walking straight in front of him and told Vice not to get to far away.

After walking for miles the wind started to slow down and Raven saw what looked to be a small village down in a vally. "Is that what I think it is or am I seeing a marage?"

Vice
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:16:34 AM
''I dont think its a marage but theres only one way to find out
so lets go.'' They both began running toward what seemed to be a villiage

Raven Vain
Dec 3rd, 2004, 03:06:54 PM
When they got up closer Raven saw that it was not a marage, and definently not a village. It looked like a battle base. "Get behind that rock over there. We will take watch for a few minutes and see if it is safe." Raven whispered to Vice. When Raven peeked over the the rock he saw two men. They were both heavily armed from what he could see. "Stay here, I am going to see if they are safe or not. If I do not make it back, which i'm sure I will but if not then good luck on the rest of your journey.

Raven then silently started for the base ducking behind boulders and bushes on the way. When he got to the base he saw what looked to be the bunk area. Raven walked up to the door and opened the door. When he looked inside he saw only one person and he immediatly pointed his gun at him. "Get down now! Now tell me what your business is here intruder." Do not fear I am no enemy to you or your people as far as I know. "My name is Raven and I have been traveling in this desert for about four hours now. I came here looking for civilization and food, and it looks like I found one of the two."

"Is there some kind of war going on here, and if not what is this place?"

Vice
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:07:49 PM
Vice didnt listen to Raven instead he had a look around the place himself.Vice thought to himself that Raven had been gone a while so he went to look for him.

Vice
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:07:49 PM
Vice didnt listen to Raven instead he had a look around the place himself.Vice thought to himself that Raven had been gone a while so he went to look for him.