PDA

View Full Version : Consuming Hunger - which way will the scales tip? (Open)

Karthon Vanar
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:02:07 AM
Karthon walked along the crowded streets of a nameless city, its never ending breadth lining one of corellia's large oceans. He had long lost track of his bearings, though his pain had dulled for now which was a blessing. In this crowded area a sudden attack could prove disastrous if he were discovered. The Stennes Shifter kept his faced hooded as best he could but his uneasy presence was surely beginning to tell in his introverted manner, for now he hoped he might pass unhindered.

Karthon felt a minor tremor in his hand and control slipping as the hunger growled from within. He knew not why these years of torment had gradually surfaced within his body, only that these attacks seemed to drain him, feeding inwardly with a violent intensity. Having spent nearly all of his life apart from his own kind and in isolated slavery he knew little of his past, his race or of people's guarded reactions to him.

All he did know is the attacks that racked his body had started a few years ago, at first they were no more than mild headaches. Soon however he had begun feeling weaker and fading into illness after each one had passed. Now they had taken on a life of their own and those around him also seemed to slow till he had regained control.
Each night as he slept, he dreamt of and felt the pain he created with each unfortunate episode and could not comprehend why, almost as if he knew when another attack was coming but could not bring himself to avoid it. The craving drew inward in a display that disgusted him, yet it seemed he was powerless to avoid its inevitable passing. One such attack had bought his freedom, as his previous captor had fallen unconscious leading to his escape. Though whether this new found independence was a blessing or a curse in his present state was uncertain.

Karthon staggered slightly dropping to one knee, he cursed, he must have surely drawn the attention of others. Now his fate might well be decided for him, what manner of being would find him in this foreign place, would they bring good or ill? Consciously it mattered little, as he felt his own self feeding inwardly and became lightheaded battling for control.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:51:29 PM
"Whoa!" Jorshal exclaimed as he nearly collided with the man in front of him who had dropped down. "What the frell is your problem?" He said with a look of disgust on his face as he passed slowly by. He stopped with his back to the man and turned around. The physically weak were easy targets.

"Walk much?" He taunted as disgust turned to a mischievous grin.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:20:41 PM
At first he barely noticed the passing comment until the boy stopped to engage his attention. Karthon looked upward, his eyes wavering under the strain. His back convulsed under the torment and a shooting pain leveled across his form. If the boy had wished to elicit a response from the shifter he would be disappointed, years of slavery and natural aggression toward his species meant little reaction to the casual insult.

"Y..You.." He paused gathering his strength.

"You would do well to back away, I have no wish to harm anyone..."

With that Karthon fell to the floor fully, feeling the intake of the surroundings and his own energy sapped. Any astute enough to notice or rather feel, might sense a gradual pull of energy toward Karthon, debilitating the natural flow of things slightly. Yet the Stennes Shifter weakened still further as this process went on, his body consuming its own resources in a conflicting and painful display.

A Sullustian not far from the pair stumbled slightly before continuing on at a hurried pace.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:01:17 AM
As he said before, the physically weak were easy. He grabbed the man by the arms and began dragging him across the pavement and the street. The mans convulsions were making things difficult as he wriggled out of his hands a number of times.

"Come on you..." He muttered.

Finally they were across the street and behind a resturant dumpster. Anyone who saw him drag the man to the dumpster was not going to do anything. Jorshal had a somewhat recognizable face, he was Sith and Corellians were use to Sith rule.

He began searching the man's pockets for money or valuables but wasn't finding anything. "You gotta be kidding me..." He flipped the man over and searched the back pockets. Nothing. He stood up gritting his teeth and kicked the man as hard as he could in the side.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 11th, 2004, 12:24:31 PM
He barely noticed as the boy grabbed him, feeling his body being dragged and noting the occasional thumps as a limb cracked against a loose stone, he didn't even manage a whimper. Even with his withered form, the strength of the boy seemed quite remarkable given the fact he was getting no assistance, indeed being hindered by the now thrashing form of Karthon. Then of course this was no ordinary boy, that much was becoming clear.

The young sith however had made a fatal mistake not only stopping close by to the Stennes shifter but worse making prolonged physical contact in the midst of one of Karthons worse attacks. You see his race, much to the shifters own ignorance, were often shunned as 'force eaters'. At best he was avoided, at worst beaten and abused.

Not only did his body unwittingly sap the life force from those close by but he seemed to consume his own strength in the process. His hunger in this state could at best be called both unpredictable, at worst a danger to himself and all those around him. Though more than that it was indeed a paradox to the sensitive observer, for what had increased its natural tendency to these levels was unclear.

Karthon found his mind and body reaching out to those around, clawing at them, then the pair were alone and his thoughts had no where to turn but toward his assailant. With a moan his barely conscious mind snapped at the boy wrestling with him. Even as his physical body felt the kick to his chest, it was feeding, feeding off the strong sith and yet still it was not sated.

Karthons eyes snapped open, his voice feint and rasping.

"You must go, I cannot stop. You will only suffer more should stay and I have no wish to hurt a... child."

Perhaps he had intentionally used the word child to goad the boy, perhaps a certain part of Karthon had not wanted him to leave.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:33:47 PM
Swearing, Jorshal jumped back and scurried against a dumpster breathing heavily. It took him a moment to comprehend what just happened, understanding was far off. He looked at the man for a moment before speaking.

"What... What just happened." He asked shakily while reaching for his dagger.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 13th, 2004, 06:09:06 PM
Karthon sat up and took a moment, the worst of it had passed and much more quickly than usual. Drawing strength from the boy was easier than he was used to, the energy inside felt teeming with life. There should have been guilt for wounding one so young, but in its place was a lingering malice of which Karthon could not understand. He felt distinct anger and a loathing for his condition beyond its normal bounds. In essence the young sith, who's life force he had so readily taken, was more potently tainted the Karthon's body was used to.

The Stennes Shifter heard the question and uncharacteristically felt like lashing out at the boy, for no reason at all. He calmed himself, still too weak to properly physically exert himself but still much more coherent than he should be.

"I do not fully understand myself. Usually these episodes leave me dead to the world for many hours."

Karthon looked at Jorshal, a small, callous grin creeping across his lips.

"I thank you for clearing me out of harms way, it was most timely of you to arrive when you did."

The intensity inside felt so cruel, he half wanted the boy to suffer again. Why was he having these thoughts? He shook them off, angry with himself.

"I am sorry but people are best kept at arms length for their own good. You will recover with rest."

He had noticed Jorshal reaching for his belt but hadn't yet decided what to do about it or indeed whether the boy wished for security or retribution. Hopefully his muted offer of condolence would be enough. If not he was unsure of his chances, even with Jorshal in his weakened condition.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:09:40 PM
He squited his eyes at the man and knew what he was looking at. Without giving it away he slid his hand back to the pavement. He pondered what he should say but could find nothing. This whole experience was not something he was used to.

It had been nearly a minute now and still he hadn't moved. Hopefully the man would get the feeling of safety from Jorshal and just leave. It was a false image he projected, he really wanted to hurt the man but now wasn't the time. His eyes wandered away from the man. The staredown was over and Karthon had won.

Go Away. He thought to himself.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:26:36 AM
Karthon also broke eye contact as Jorshal had and his breathing steadied slightly. The situation had diffused itself and although physically weary, he felt alive, his mind racing with an unfamiliar clarity. He looked again at the boy, believing he was indeed safe. There was a trace of doubt in his mind but he believed his condition was hindering his judgement, not actually heightening it, as was strangely the case.

With a heave Karthon picked himself up, his balance was shaky but his focus clear.
"I would ask you tell no-one of this encounter, it will be best for everyone if I warrant as little attention as possible. I am sure you understand that now."

The last thing he wanted was the bounty hunters on his trail being pointed in his direction, that or worse, some trouble with the authorities. Moreover he didn't want any interruptions before he had chance to look around; He felt he needed time to explore the strange sensations this place stirred within him. Feeling compelled and now awake enough to seek some answers, he nodded at Jorshal then turned to leave, clearly exposing his blind side to the boy.

"You there, what's going on here?"

Came a voice out of the blue. Karthon looked up, straight into the face of a security officer, who was standing between him and the alley exit. The officer seemed to straighten up as he looked at Jorshal, unsure how to address the boy but clearly mindful of his presence.

"Ah... we just needed a rest, isn't that right." Karthon's tone was worried, this was unexpected and extremely precarious. He glanced at Jorshal nervously, hoping for some support.

(ooc: Please use the guard as you like)

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 19th, 2004, 01:45:31 PM
"Yeah, me and my... uncle were just resting." He said with a little smirk and stood up. "Are we not allowed to rest here?"

"No, not typically." The officer responded. "But I'll let it slide this time as you weren't causing any trouble." The officer side stepped and created an opening for Jorshal and Karthon to exit out of. It didn't seem that he was going to go away until the two had left the alleyway.

"Looks like we're stuck with each other for the time being." Jorshal whispered, like it was a threat.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 19th, 2004, 04:04:45 PM
Karthon breathed a sigh of relief, he was grateful to the boy. Yet he was hesitant to accompany him, especially after what he just subjected Jorshal to. He couldn't help but think there was some ulterior motive to Jorshals actions. Especially his tone, it felt more a command than assistance offered. Still he owed the boy a little respect for fooling the guard. He had spared the Stennes Shifter from a dangerous encounter with the authorities.

Karthon pondered this as he scurried past the guard, attempting to hide his face partially. After drawing some strength from Jorshal his own force aura was showing slightly, not to the level of a force sensitive individual but significantly more than the average person. He felt refreshed, strength and the lingering anger he had taken from Jorshal, all coarsing through his veins.

Karthon walked for a few moments to put some distance between the pair and the guard. Eventually he turned to Jorshal, his voice was much clearer and focused than before.

"Tell me of this world. Things seem different here, there is more strength in this place, less doubt."

Jorshal Vuntana
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:49:10 PM
"I guess you don't know." Jorhsal said and turned left at the corner, leading the man. "This is the capitol of the Sith held worlds. How long have you been here?" He asked in astounded that the man didn't know this.

OOC: Sorry about the delay, school got the best of my time these past weeks. *