PDA

View Full Version : TGC's "Roleplayer Hall of Fame"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:09:23 PM
I got an email about this recently, and thought that some of you might be interested in seeing it (given that you're in it or due to be added)...

http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm138.showMessage?topicID=43.top ic

The Gungan Council Role Playing Galaxy does not begin with the founding of this ezboard on November 1st 1999, nor will it end with the death of the community. TGC is part of an illustrious lineage of role playing communities. Along that lineage the Gungan Council represents the main branch among Star Wars role plays on Ezboard, as we are descended directly from the former Swfans.net (Founded Circa: late 1998) forums that once dominated Star Wars role playing on Ezboard, and have since come to occupy its place as the leader in Star Wars Ezboard role plays. Swfans.net itself is descended from the once great CourscantCity.net (Founded: Pre 1999) and a number of Star Wars Chat Rooms. (Mid 1990's). In the course of this history, many great and memorable characters have been created. As the years turn on, fewer and fewer people remain who remember the early days. This Role Player Hall of Fame is my attempt to preserve their history before it is forgotten.

General Dan
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:13:18 PM
At the top of the list, of course :cool

Hart
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:53:16 PM
that's so messed up

Kelt Simoson
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:55:20 PM
Was not here early enough for Sieken to be added there :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:13:40 PM
I'm contributing a few myself :D

Kelt Simoson
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:19:48 PM
Now i feel better :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:34:22 PM
Why? I never said I was suggesting you :p

I wrote bits for Sith Kat and Sanis Prent :mneh

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:34:28 PM
hey hey hey, now this is cool. Banestone is on the list!! :D I'll have to tell my brother. Keep trying to get him to come back...

Jeseth Cloak is one that should be on the list too, I think. He really shaped RPing, at least *here.* I like how the list includes people from all the SW RPing boards.

We really should have a SW RPing party and invite all the boards to the OOC board for reminiscing and stuff. *ideas swirl around* I remember when I was an apprentice, I did some of my first open challenges at the Gungan Council... when it was still affiliated with us. I was too afraid to put up a thread in our RPing forum - I thought I'd be killed immediately by someone. :lol

Figrin D'an
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:35:13 PM
Considering that I wouldn't trust Ceel to get any part of the actually history of the old SWFans right, I find that entire endevour highly amusing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:39:58 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Considering that I wouldn't trust Ceel to get any part of the actually history of the old SWFans right, I find that entire endevour highly amusing.
haha it isn't like *anyone* would get it right. How many times has it been tried?

Kelt Simoson
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:45:39 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

:grumble

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:07:26 PM
I read a bit of "TGC is the penultimate board now" attitude in there, too. Could be just me, but I've never considered Ceel legendary.

Bummer part is, ImpIntel and TBH didn't get any credits at all and they were around while TGC was still a part of SWF, even though it was distancing itself during those times. Members from those groups being included would have been neat, because they'd have provided me with a link to my participation history even if I didn't get named.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:17:03 PM
I've suggested some other people...

- Nupraptor
- Jeseth Cloak
- Delirion
- Darth Viscera
- Jedah Lynch
- Garrett Blade
- Verse Dawnstrider
- Zasz
- Liam Jinn

... Ceel said I would have to write the little blurb for them, since he (although he recognised the names) he didn't remember enough to write something about them. Anyone is free to contribute, though.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:26:59 PM
Cool, I can link to my past now.

Although, I have to say it's ironic that I meddled or muddled in the lives of about half the people on that list but still ended up less than a footnote. Looks like I'm just a power behind the scenes.

... nothing to see here. Move along. :D

Alpha
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:30:41 PM
Oddly enough, I have RP'ed with a lot of the names on that list...:)

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:32:35 PM
You'd have had to. You were king of the rafters before I ever created Hob. :)

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:49:23 PM
wow... that list brings back some memories when I first started back on ezboard. A wittle sith kat found me hanging out in the the general forums and pointed me to the RP ones and TSE :)

Yog
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:09:19 PM
He forgot me. Of course, no one remembers me :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:14:19 PM
...who are you again?

:mneh

Yog
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:22:58 PM
Excactly my point ;)

Figrin D'an
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:44:47 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
haha it isn't like *anyone* would get it right. How many times has it been tried?

That's not what I said. I mearly implied that I don't think Ceel is anywhere near impartial in the matter, and given that he has posted blurbs about the "official" history in the past that have been rather skewed, I wouldn't rely on his version to be at all accurate.

Yog
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:25:25 PM
That's not what I said. I mearly implied that I don't think Ceel is anywhere near impartial in the matter, and given that he has posted blurbs about the "official" history in the past that have been rather skewed, I wouldn't rely on his version to be at all accurate.

Agreed. The other part of the problem is, how can he write about the real early RP stuff in 1999 when he was not even around? I mean, he cant even get the years right, he is like dating events a year before they really happened to fill up for stuff he has not seen o_O

Droo
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:29:45 PM
I don't think this is really relevent to be honest, I didn't roleplay to find my characters name in some "Hall of Fame". It serves only to cheapen the effort I've put into three years of writing and roleplaying. It's nice to be thought of but not in this way.

Mandy with an I
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:35:15 PM

Nice write up for Kitty, Jenneh :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:31:52 PM
ATREYU MUST BE ON THIS LIST

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:34:45 PM

Now you've done it. Here comes the nostalgia...

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:40:11 PM
Well c'mon!

I like it the list for nostalgia's sake. I mean, it's Ceel's list, and he's making the call of who gets on it, so it's His Hall of Fame. I don't think anyone should cry about not being on it, or crying because they *are* on it. I find it fascinating. :)

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:47:39 PM
Wonders how many Gungans he would have to kill to get on the list.. Hmnnnn:smokin I feel like the joker in the Batman. "Wait till they get a load of me." Laughs evilly hahahahahahah. :rolleyes

Rognan Dar
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:03:04 PM
Thats...very interesting. I know about maybe half the people on the list. Have RPed with hardly any of them, but I know who they are :). But what I dont understand is what that forum really is. It looks like a big RP/chat area. Maybe I'm just to young in the game to really know what it was about.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:13:43 PM
The Gungan Council started off as a group here at Fans, when we were on Ezboard. Then they started their own ezboard, and then eventually split off from Swfans and became their own universe. General Ceel is the head honcho/benevolent dictator there. There should be RPing forums on the TGC board somewhere, but I'm too busy here to look.

ReaperFett
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:19:27 PM
Originally posted by Dru
I don't think this is really relevent to be honest, I didn't roleplay to find my characters name in some "Hall of Fame". It serves only to cheapen the effort I've put into three years of writing and roleplaying. It's nice to be thought of but not in this way.
If you ever got nominated for an Oscar for best screenplay, would you say you didn't write to win Oscars and say it cheapened your efforts? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:22:06 PM
"I'm thrilled just to be nominated"

C'mon, can't take the list seriously. It has General Ceel on it.

;) j/k Ceel! :uhoh

Morgan Evanar
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:24:36 PM
Originally posted by Dru
I don't think this is really relevent to be honest, I didn't roleplay to find my characters name in some "Hall of Fame". It serves only to cheapen the effort I've put into three years of writing and roleplaying. It's nice to be thought of but not in this way. Oh wow, a who's been around longest and is popular list. Whoopeee.

BTW, I'm gay for Gav.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:26:44 PM
I pretty much just see it as a nostalgia thing. I've indulged, shed the perfunctory tear for old times, and am moving on now.

Droo
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:36:55 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
BTW, I'm gay for Gav.

I knew it! <3

Originally posted by ReaperFett
If you ever got nominated for an Oscar for best screenplay, would you say you didn't write to win Oscars and say it cheapened your efforts? :p

Just for the sake of replying to this because otherwise, I don't really care about this "Hall of Fame" thing for better or worse, but when I've spent as I said three years on a character to have his name slapped on some list with the vaguest of descriptions, well, if I did take it seriously I'd probably be insulted. Four or five lines? What. Start writing sonnets or something.

Hope that clears things up.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:14:44 PM
Gav Mortis deserves an epic poem, or maybe two. :D

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:36:20 PM
Gav deserves a dirty limerick.

Let's see...

"There once was a man from Nantucket!"

... nah. I don't like where that one was going.

AmazonBabe
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:16:51 AM
Wow, that lisdt has some names I haven't seen in a LONG time!!

Brings back some good memories... and bad... but mostly good. :)

Silus Xilarian
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:16:02 AM
Ha, I dont know anyone. Old farts.

Droo
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:47:36 AM
My apologies, just realised that what I said could offend the people who have written short pieces about other roleplayers since discovering the "Hall of Fame". What I meant to add to all that was something along the lines of "and written by someone who clearly doesn't know me or my character". I'm sure yours are well done because you know the characters about whom you've written but mine is innacurate.

Just wanted to clear that up before anyone was offended. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:43:02 AM
Someone good best write up my lil blurb. *shakey fist*:mad

Morgan Evanar
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:17:50 AM
Originally posted by Silus Xilarian
Ha, I dont know anyone. Old farts. IMO you're not missing much.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:34:25 PM
Battlemechs, anyone? ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2004, 01:53:48 PM
I miss Specific Ceel. :cry

Sejah Haversh
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:04:30 PM
<u>Sejah Haversh</u>
That one guy who just had to play a furry character and went off anout how he's not "that" kind of furry and was an illiterate swordmaster in the beginning. Then he took a disastrous trip home after learning how to read and got set to his room for a month back at the Jedi Order.

=P

Zasz Grimm
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:14:55 PM
Reading all that brought back sooo many memories. Makes me remember being a Sith warrior/Knight, doing foolish things like inciting large battles. And then faking death, etc. Oh, playing with Dale was *much* fun.

Droo
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:22:27 PM
I miss Specific Ceel. :cry

:lol!!!

Razielle Alastor
Nov 10th, 2004, 06:37:33 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
Reading all that brought back sooo many memories. Makes me remember being a Sith warrior/Knight, doing foolish things like inciting large battles. And then faking death, etc. Oh, playing with Dale was *much* fun.

Oh come on Zasz you forgot being my minion, for shame...

-goes back and deletes all her TSC, DF, Legion & SSO posts...-

wasn't me.. some other wench...from TC :p

James Prent
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:54:40 PM
Originally posted by Dru
My apologies, just realised that what I said could offend the people who have written short pieces about other roleplayers since discovering the "Hall of Fame". What I meant to add to all that was something along the lines of "and written by someone who clearly doesn't know me or my character". I'm sure yours are well done because you know the characters about whom you've written but mine is innacurate.

Just wanted to clear that up before anyone was offended. :) I have to admit, the write up on Gav is truly horrid, if not simply inadequate to the character. :p

Selinica Miriya
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:09:27 PM
I did my time at TC.. was in the Legion on the late end of it. Was in the DLOD etc. I'd have a hell of an amsuing time trying to remember the names of all the characters i've created over the years, but Miriya was my first EVER. I've been hacing my fun through it all, and I imagine i'll be around for a while yet.

This "Hall of Fame" amuses me a little. I know for a fact there's a HELL of a lot more history than that. I'm sure it'll get there. Somehow.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:51:36 AM
Jedah Zaknafein Lynch
by: Lynch

doh :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2004, 12:36:09 PM
lol!

I'm going to write mine up now. Do you think it's a bit much if I include a link to every single one of my threads, ever?

I've petitioned for Jedi Alpha to be put on the list.

Alpha
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:47:11 PM
Really? :) Aw, I'm touched! :D Why not just Alpha, period?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:49:54 PM
Well, wasn't your original name Jedi Alpha?

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 11th, 2004, 05:57:17 PM
Nope. It was Jedi-Sith-Jedi-Sith-Jedi-Sith-Jedi-Sith Alpha. :mneh

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:21:46 PM
;) I know.... hee hee

edit: darn it Ceel edited what I sent him and added grammar mistakes!!

Alpha
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:30:32 AM
AT TSC it was just Alpha, but it was a local account now that I think about it, so Jedi alpha WOULD be the first name. :D And Loki...:-p

James Prent
Nov 13th, 2004, 12:51:34 AM
Did I remember your history wrong, I thought you started as a Jedi. ^_^;

Zasz Grimm
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:23:54 AM
In my opinion, Rai Ayanamai (I think thats how she spelled her name)

Deserves a blurb/recognition.

Atreyu
Nov 13th, 2004, 08:48:48 PM
Atreyu was a hack - his greatest achievement was fooling everyone into thinking he was great (and he wasn't).

The history is interesting to read. Some points I would disagree with (SWFans an offshoot of CC.Net??? GJO formed to counter increasing threat from TSC?!?!?), but on the whole Ceel does get the general idea.

NB. Curious that Rama is listed as the founder of TSE - I remember its existence when Rama was still a Jedi padawan ... hmmm.

- Champ

Gav Mortis
Nov 13th, 2004, 08:57:27 PM
Didn't Bromine found TSE?

Atreyu
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:25:17 PM
Originally posted by Gav Mortis
Didn't Bromine found TSE?
No - Bromine is either the 3rd or 4th leader of TSE, depending on who you ask.

TSE had its humble beginnings back in July/August 1999 under 2 posters called Darth Sidious and Mara Jade1.

However after officially setting themselves up under the name 'The Sith Council' (NOT Itala's group) Darth Sidious disappeared after only a week and another poster called Darth Fenris took over, who adopted the name 'The Sith Empire'. However he likewise disappeared after a shortwhile which was when Mara , now known as Lady Mara Jade took over. Following Mara was Bromine, followed by Rama Sha etc etc etc etc.

You get the idea. :)

Just a note that my summary here is in disagreement with TSE's official history - I read through it a while ago and from memory they start with Fenris being the first leader (hence my comment above about Bromine being either 3rd or 4th depending on who's telling the story). Personally I like to think of TSE as having started a bit earlier, but that's just me. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:36:36 AM
According to TSE themselves:

The Sith Empire
Established: August 1999

Founding Members:
Darth Fenris, Lady Mara Jade, Bromine, Mirax H, and Redemption

Alpha
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:10:04 AM
Originally posted by James Prent
Did I remember your history wrong, I thought you started as a Jedi. ^_^;

Actually, I was recruited first into TSC by General Scorpion. :) But don't worry. :D With all my side-changing talents it tended to be odd. :)

Daiquiri
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:19:07 AM
Tis nice to be mentioned, Im thinking :)

Pierce Tondry
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:30:51 PM
*thefts Daiq*

Darth Viscera
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:52:42 PM
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Believed to have made his role playing start at the Talkcity chat, Thrawn role played to perfection. He eventually made the leap to Swfans where he is best known for the First and Second Death Star incidents. After Thrawn, fleeting was never the same, as build times were insisted on and many super-weapons banned from the galaxy.

- Mid 2000: TGC leaves Swfans and forms own Role Playing Galaxy.
(Source: General Ceel)

Just two things that stand out for me. Does it matter at all that the above is not true?

A better thing to say about Thrawn was that he served as an energetic, willful, superbly aggressive and highly-motivated leader of the Empire when swfans was starting out. That he roleplayed to perfection is simply not the case, in that he had no command of the English language (for instance, he never learned how to spell the word "Captain" correctly) and suffered from a misunderstanding of the sort of character Grand Admiral Thrawn was, and thus misportrayed him. A leader, yes, but also a walking, talking typo. As to this factually incorrect assertion:

After Thrawn, fleeting was never the same, as build times were insisted on and many super-weapons banned from the galaxy.

Actually, Thrawny himself on numerous occasions expressed that the problem with fleeting was that, basically, whoever arrived with the greatest number of ASDs won. IIRC, Thrawny was the one who wrote the rules that insisted on build times, and at the very least one of the chief consultants of the fleet rules that saw many of the remaining super-weapons banned (most of them had already previously been banned, in fleet rules which he himself wrote up if I'm not mistaken).

Back to this:

- Mid 2000: TGC leaves Swfans and forms own Role Playing Galaxy.

Not true. I didn't start RPing at swfans until around July 15 2000. At Darth Poreon's request (Poreon led TNSC, IIRC), we (TGE) did an RP with several TGC groups wherein we brought a large fleet to Naboo in order to obliterate the population and raze the cities of Naboo in order to punish the Jedi and the Gungans for waging war against The Naboo Sith Council, and render aid to the embattled Sith there. That done, I recommended to Poreon that the Naboo Sith be evacuated to a more defensible location so they'd be able to build themselves up without the Jedi breathing down their necks, and we moved TNSC to a new planet, whose name I thought up then but have long since forgotten. Afterwords they made that planet their throneworld and stronghold.

The point is, we didn't have the resources available to do that mission until at least 9 months after I joined swfans, and I'm sure it took place after Operation Long Knives, which was in November 2000. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd place it at closer to Mid 2001 than Mid 2000. And had they left swfans a year earlier, TGE would not have existed in their galaxy, so we wouldn't have been able to launch an attack on them.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:00:27 PM
My information supplied about Thrawn was from what I remembered other people saying (the death star incidents came from my 'information,' plus the idea that fleeting changed after him)

ahaha s'Il I have an idea!

Syren Wyssholt
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:15:27 PM
My information supplied about Thrawn was from what I remembered ...

I have enough trouble remembering yesterday, let alone 5 years ago. Plus, I suck at figuring out what to say about other people.

Shoot me.

Titus
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:32:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
A better thing to say about Thrawn was that he served as an energetic, willful, superbly aggressive and highly-motivated leader of the Empire when swfans was starting out. That he roleplayed to perfection is simply not the case, in that he had no command of the English language (for instance, he never learned how to spell the word "Captain" correctly) and suffered from a misunderstanding of the sort of character Grand Admiral Thrawn was, and thus misportrayed him. A leader, yes, but also a walking, talking typo.
That would be considered roleplaying to perfection, on TGC. :p

Darth Viscera
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:56:32 PM
Originally posted by Syren Wyssholt
Shoot me.

BANG!

Syren Wyssholt
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:32:21 AM
:shootin <--- you're suppose to use this, silly.

But can I ask a serious question about this thread? I've been reading it and following along. Am I wrong to think of this as a bash about what Ceel is trying to put together? It just seems like it is, aside from a few of the posts.

I understand that each person has a different memory as to how things were way back when they started, as well as different experiences, but it would just seem like it'd be better to all pitch in an help piece it together as opposed to poking fun at it and making comments about the fact that someone consistantly misspelled Captain.

Besides, there are many here at Fans who misspell words. Doesn't take away from the fact that some of these people who cannot spell or don't use the spellcheck aren't good rp'ers.

Charley
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:51:44 AM
Besides, there are many here at Fans who misspell words. Doesn't take away from the fact that some of these people who cannot spell or don't use the spellcheck aren't good rp'ers.

Is this supposed to be an ironic statement? :lol

Darth Viscera
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:39:15 PM
I understand that each person has a different memory as to how things were way back when they started, as well as different experiences, but it would just seem like it'd be better to all pitch in an help piece it together as opposed to poking fun at it and making comments about the fact that someone consistantly misspelled Captain.

Are you referring to me?

Before you try to marginalize and delegitimize the comments about Thrawn from the guy who knew him as well as anyone at swfans, you should know that I am pitching in, albeit at Meras.

Syren Wyssholt
Nov 18th, 2004, 04:27:33 PM
Ah, I get it now. Nevermind. I think its best if I just bite my tongue a little bit harder right about now.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:44:06 PM
You can always travel back to the Dawn of Time (tm) by selecting the last page.

Atreyu
Nov 23rd, 2004, 10:11:15 PM
According to TSE themselves:
:: nods ::

Clearly they decided to date it from Fenris' retitling of the Sith group as TSE and ignore some of the earlier attempts at establishing a Sith group (apart from Itala's), which had been taking place almost a month prior.

Probably wiser in the end anyway since, compared to today, the life expectancy of most roleplayers was very short (the average roleplayer only hung around for around a month or so, if that) - most of the early Sith (as well as Jedi) roleplayers were gone by September 1999 (leading the the formation of GJO in October and November and all that stuff).

General Ceel
Apr 24th, 2005, 04:38:03 PM
No need to bicker. There was never an intention of excluding anyone, nor any claim of being a difinitive source. This is an on going project. I've done what I could based on what little information I have to go on. I really had hoped that more people would step forward to contribute. Anyone with good sold facts is welcome to contribute.

anyhow. Here is a copy of an email I sent out a couple days ago. I'm still plugging away at the "Hall of Fame"

For the last five months I have been doing my best to create a Role Playing Hall Of Fame which encompasses the overlapping periods of association betwen Swfans.net, The Gungan Council, The Rebel Faction, and other sites with a former/current TGC connection.

Dealing with information dating from 3, to almost 6 years ago, as you would expect, has been hard, and infact, some of it I never experienced in the first place. As a result, some of the enteries have been reduced to little more than vague recollections.

That is where all of you come in.

The Role Playing Hall of Fame currently contains 4 sections and continues to expand. The sections are:

-Characters
-Factions
-Editorials
-Role Plays

Your CONTRIBUTION of INFORMATION for entries in any of these sections would be greatly appreciated.

We currently accept nominations, full entries, corrections, and updates /additions to all Hall of Fame topics.

VIEW THE HALL OF FAME HERE: http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm138.showMessage?topicID=43.top ic

VIEW THE HALL OF FAME INDEX HERE: http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm138.showMessage?topicID=56.top ic

CONTRIBUTE TO THE HALL OF FAME HERE: http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm138.showMessage?topicID=57.top ic

Nayala Palain
Jul 16th, 2005, 01:36:16 AM
Damn a good amount of Old people, that I happened to of known...

I think I only didnt know one or two of the people on the list.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:41:51 PM
Thread necromancy.... why?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2005, 04:04:06 AM
Ceel editted. More updates to the Hall of Fame, I guess?

Marceloi
Jul 19th, 2005, 06:10:29 AM
Thread necromancy.... why?

Attention whoring and covert advertising.

James Prent
Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:53:27 PM
I think it's funny that Vega and LD are no longer on the Hall of Fame list.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:50:18 PM
Vega was never there to begin with, unless someone wrote me a profile on there without mentioning it.

James Prent
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:52:31 PM
That's weird, I could have sworn both those characters were included at one point.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:57:25 PM
Perhaps LD was there, but definitely no Vega. I submitted two profiles (Sanis Prent and Sith Kat), so my name was mentioned, but just as a "written by.." thing. Perhaps that's why you thought he was there :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:41:41 AM
Actually now that I think of it, I think we were on the list of people Ceel needed blubs for, but I guess they never got written.

Silly James :mneh

:mischief

Ashe Sieris
Jul 24th, 2005, 02:33:38 PM
So many old names. So many people that I rped with. And I thought the boards have been around longer? I remember doing Star Wars role plays well before 2000. At the very least, over 7 years ago. I remember starting in TC and soon after joining TC going over to EZBoard. back when I did not know what the hell was going on and my little JediCadet kinda appeared in the TSO or TSE. dont really remember which.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 24th, 2005, 02:40:14 PM
You were JediCadet? :lol

I think it was TSE but why do I remember that being around GJO as well?

Ashe Sieris
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:23:56 PM
She spent time in the GJO as well once someone steared her in that direction. And yes I am JediCadet. If you were on TalkCity then I was both Jedi and Sith Cadet. It think it was discussed at one point in time that I was the youngest oldfart on the boards.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:40:16 PM
paging vengeful Anbira to this thread

Ashe Sieris
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:50:52 PM
*Runs and hides.

General Ceel
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:46:10 PM
I think it's funny that Vega and LD are no longer on the Hall of Fame list

Nobody has been removed from the Hall of Fame. Early on there was a secondary list of names that people had suggest for addition to the hall, however not all eventually made it to the list, as no information was ever offered. I'm always open to future nominations though, and all sections of the hall of fame continue to be tweaked as new information is uncovered around the net, or supplied by former role players.

-Ceel

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:27:00 PM
Actually now that I think of it, I think we were on the list of people Ceel needed blubs for, but I guess they never got written.

Silly James :mneh

:mischief

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:25:15 PM
Tsk tsk... leaving me off the list? I think I recall not cooperating when I was e-mailed to write about Jeseth, so I can only blame myself. ^-^

General Ceel
Sep 1st, 2005, 09:11:19 AM
I think I recall not cooperating when I was e-mailed to write about Jeseth, so I can only blame myself. ^-^

ha, yes that tends to be what happens when you are cranky.

Telan Desaria
Sep 1st, 2005, 03:15:45 PM
I suppose I should not be suprised about not being on it - I never rped at TGC

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:28:33 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
He forgot me. Of course, no one remembers me :)

No no, I think I win for "most forgettable" surely. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:26:23 AM
who are you again? ;)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:55:29 AM
Exaaaactly.

"Jedi who most sucessfully backed out of anything important"

;)

General Ceel
Sep 15th, 2005, 05:17:01 PM
Did somebody say something? lol. Guess not. Must have been my imagination.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:00:09 PM
Stop bumping the thread unless you're adding content to it.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:47:14 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Exaaaactly.

"Jedi who most sucessfully backed out of anything important"

;) I remember you... :)

General Ceel
Sep 16th, 2005, 08:25:06 AM
Stop bumping the thread unless you're adding content to it.

Another person with mental issues i see. This place gets so little action, what does it really matter? Its not like i'm pushing a dozen threads into the oblivion of page 25.

Sanis Prent
Sep 16th, 2005, 09:20:13 AM
Originally posted by General Ceel
Another person with mental issues i see. This place gets so little action, what does it really matter? Its not like i'm pushing a dozen threads into the oblivion of page 25.

Because if you're not adding content to it, then who cares? We all know the thread exists, so why bother?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2005, 01:10:27 PM
This place gets so little action, what does it really matter?

oh wow, you really got us there

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 16th, 2005, 09:09:28 PM
This place does get little action... and I like it that way! So there!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 16th, 2005, 09:47:02 PM
This place gets so little action, what does it really matter?

Quality over quantity.

If all you're going to do is insult the players (which is to say nothing of openly bad-mouthing a moderator) and the pace at which they like to move, then I think you need to go back from whence you came.

General Ceel
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:06:11 PM
It the end of the year TGC's role playing hall of fame will likely be revised into its second version. In the meantime we're still looking for historical information on a few Swfans/former Swfans factions, specifically:

Rogue Sith Order
The Intersteller Empire

If you'd like to contribute information about these, or any other factions and/or members and/or role plays, please post that information here: http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm138.showMessage?topicID=57.top ic

or email it to me at: briankunkle@hotmail.com

You will be credited for your information.

-Ceel

General Ceel
Nov 8th, 2005, 04:29:26 PM
ROLE PLAYING (OOC) TIMELINE UPDATED

http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm138.showMessage?topicID=43.top ic

I have done my best to try and make the time line for the history and development of role playing, from the origins of countingdown and jawafortress, to swfans & courscantcity, and then finally my own message board (The Gungan Council) and The Rebel Faction which spawed from TGC.

I'd like to ask anyone who has knowledge of these early times to please take a look at the timeline in its current form (very very much has changed since the first version), and let me know if they think anything needs to be adjusted.

My goal is to make this the best it possibly can be.

-Ceel

General Ceel
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:18:15 AM
Atreyu, got your message over at TGC. I edited the post and the link should work now. If by chance it doesn't you can find the link near the top of TGC.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:57:54 AM
There's a link in the very first post of this thread too. I think. Maybe?

General Ceel
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:12:29 AM
Come to think of it there should be, and it should still work. Atreyu showed up at TGC looking lost ( http://p089.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm136.showMessage?topicID=1150.t opic ) though, as the link i posted yesterday didn't work for some reason.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2005, 12:52:52 PM
Tsk tsk, the ability to post up links that work - that's the first thing that goes. Then eyesight, hearing, and trout.

General Ceel
Nov 9th, 2005, 12:55:35 PM
Alright, since nobody seem to want to move two inches to have a look at the main copy of this thing, i'll now post it here (minus all the code) so you can see what i've been able to come up with.

The information has been pulled from webistes, old message board posts, direct word of mouth from some members, and even a book.

Here it is:

BRANCH 1: ORIGINS

1977 - 1983: Star Wars Mania
-Original Trilogy released changing cinema forever
-Star Wars is everywhere

1985 - 1990: The Dark Times
-The Star Wars Phenomenon declines
-Merchandising grinds almost to a complete halt

1991 - Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zhan Released
-Success of book shows popularity of Star Wars 8 years after Return of the Jedi
-"The Dark Times" come to an end
-World Wide Web (WWW) makes public debut

1994 - Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Announced
-Reported on front page of "Variety"

1996 - Starwars.com Comes Online
-Official site promotes Sepecial Edition Trilogy and Prequels.
-World Wide Web Expands to more than 30,000 sites

1996 - Scott Chitwood & Darin Smith found Star Wars Page at Texas A&M.
-Page becomes theforce.net

1997 - Special Editions released
-Star Wars Popularity explodes again

October/November 1998 - Episode I branch of Countingdown.com goes live
-First Star Wars fans arrive (future role players)
(Source: Figrin D'an)

November 25 1998 - Ezboard Comes Online
-Vanchau Nguyen, Founder

BRANCH 2: THE BOARDS

Late 1998/Early 1999 - jawafortress hosts message board dedicated to TPM boxoffice.
-Countingdown.com users are among first to join
-Debate about TPM's chances to top Titanic begins

Jan-Feb 1999 - Jason Freiert starts Swfans.net.
-jawafortress forums (hosted by EZBoard) become part of this new site.
-Activity on message board increases as TPM release date approaches.
(Source: Figrin D'an)

April 7 1999: Countingdown.com lines up outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre for TPM.
-Line lasts 42 days
-$30,000 raised for Starlight Children's Foundation
(Source: JonathanLB)

May 1999- Role Playing Begins
-The first roleplay Council created, The Sith Council lead by Itala Marzullo (Board Owner: Darth Bane)
-The next day, Sir Dizzy calls the Jedi Council into being. 150(!) people join up

May 19, 1999- The Phantom Menace Released

July 12th 1999 - The board splits into Coruscantcity.net and www.sw-fans.net
(Source: Marcus/Darth Turbogeek)

BRANCH 3: THE CHATS

May 5 1999: Talk City Chosen as Official Chat Provider for Lucasfilm and the release of TPM.

June 1999: Itala Marzullo forms a second TSC at TalkCity.
-Intermingling of members between chats and swfans begins.
-Encouraged (mostly) by Itala, many members come to Swfans from TalkCity in the next year.
(Source: Itala Marzullo)

Aug/Sept 1999: Swfans and CC.net Jedi reunited to form GJO in response to the increasing threat of TSC. (Source: Marcus/Darth Turbogeek)

By Early 2000: TalkCity becomes Pay-to-Use. As a result TSC becomes an Ezboard-Only entity.
-Stranded members come to TSC and Swfans on Ezboard.
(Source: Itala Marzullo)

BRANCH 4: THE GUNGAN COUNCIL

June 1999: Brian comes across Swfans.net and begins lurking in the forums

July 20 1999: Brian begins posting as Darthbeerman, participating mainly in the Boxoffice Forum at Swfans.net.

Nov 1st 1999: Brian creates his General Ceel account. The Gungan Council founded the same day. November 2nd, friend Gary creates Clegg Holdfast account. Work begins on TGC as an independant community

Jan/Feb 2000: Darth Turbogeek invites TGC to join Swfans Role Playing Galaxy. TGC Accepts.

Mid 2000: TGC leaves Swfans and forms the TGC Role Playing Galaxy.

BRANCH 5: POST-FORMATIVE EVENTS

June 2000 - June 2001: The Golden Age of RPG.
-TGC reaches a plateau of both creativity and activity.

October 8 2001: Swfans leaves Ezboard for vBulletin.

November 2001: Organa Solo calls The Rebel Faction (TRF), a competitor Ezboard, into being.
-Aprox 80% of TGC's groups and members leave to join TRF.
-TGC soldiers on to become a success once again, but with a sense that "something is missing".

May 16, 2002: Attack of The Clones Released

June 2004: TRF Leaves Ezboard to set up a vBulletin.
(Sources: Organa Solo & General Ceel)

Nov. 5th 2004: Revenge of the Sith Teaser Trailer released.
-Hundreds begin to flock to the board in anticipation.
-TGC Renaissance begins.

May 19th, 2005: Revenge of The Sith Released

May 30 2005: "Ezdude" hacks the Ezboard Network.
-TGC loses Aprox 200,000 posts, including the role playing archives.
-Many other Star Wars communities leave ezboard.
-A month later (June 30) the TGC Renaissance ends.

October 13 2005: The Original TSC Resurrected at New Location by Itala Marzullo. TSC Joins the TGC Role Playing Galaxy.

Sorsha Kasajian
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:56:18 PM
The problem with you Ceel, is that your attitude sucks. You talk trash about us in your safe little fish pond and then expect us to give a frell.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:58:28 PM
Let's stay civil, please.

Sorsha Kasajian
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:59:12 PM
I am being civil. It needed to said.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:02:12 PM
I wasn't speaking solely to you, Sorsha.

Just don't want the thread to go in the wrong direction.

Shawn
Nov 9th, 2005, 02:05:55 PM
This thread is already a trainwreck. Anyone who still wants to see updates to the list can just bookmark it.