PDA

View Full Version : Constructing his first lightsabre (open)

Andúril
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:19:34 AM
Andúril searched around for an empty training room. He had recently been given a book by Master Tarkin on the construction of his new lightsabre, and he was finally understanding how it worked. He put the book down and scanned his work thoughtfully. Realigning the crystal he put it back together and fired it up.

The darkened room suddenly lit up in a blaze of orange and white. He had merged the two lightbasbres he had been given, one by his mother, the other by his father. He watched, pleased with his handiwork that the antilight flickered up and down the orange blade, in the same way it did with Ithil. After a moment in silence, he wondered where his Master was. He felt she should be here to see his handiwork.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 13th, 2004, 08:55:22 PM
"I did not expect that." His Master's voiced was musing behind him, "You had found a way to combine either sabre into one. What made you think of that?"

Andúril
Dec 14th, 2004, 10:16:58 AM
Andúril smiled to himself, and turned to his master. "These are both heirlooms of my family. One of my mother's side, the other on my father's. To be one jedi, I thought it would be fitting to have a merging of my heritage."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 16th, 2004, 11:54:07 AM
She nodded approvingly, "I see. How were you able to deduce the correct connections to merge them properly without and danger to yourself? Believe me, there have been accidents in the pass for something far simpler then what you have tried to do.

Andúril
Dec 16th, 2004, 02:40:32 PM
"I don't know really. I was more worried it wouldnt work than having it exploding on me. I just tried it, and it seemed to work."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 19th, 2004, 04:37:36 PM
She chuckled a little, "If if had not worked, the blade would have either gone on for miles or short circuted upon activation."

Navaria held out her hand with a gentle smile, "May I?" she asked, indicating the sabre.

Andúril
Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:38:32 AM
"Certainly. " he said, offering the blade to her, and bowing his head slightly.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 24th, 2004, 10:26:01 AM
She smiled, "Thank you," and ignited the weapon away for her Padawan. It was just as weightless as any other sabre and the style of the hilt made it easy to grip the weapon easier. "Hmm...interesting I must say."

Navaria allowed herself to twirl the weapon in one hand in front of her body, arching it around to be caught within the other. With little pretense, she turned off the sabre in mid swing, handed it back over to her student. "Have you tested it in combat yet?"

Andúril
Dec 24th, 2004, 10:38:44 AM
OOC: Its actually one blade... not two... i just used bits from both,

Andúril watched as his Master moved with the blade. "No, I havn't. In fact... I had only recently finished with it, when you came in just now. I must say, I shall miss not being able to weild with two... I had quite enjoyed their congurance, though I am certainly please with this." He looked at the blade with the organce glow flickering in the dimness of the room. "Perhaps I could make another one, when I find the time."

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:39:40 PM
ooc- fixed. I was confused.. sorry about that :)

ic- "I think you would compliment the sabre nicely but constructing one fully from scratch." She bowed to her student. "As for testing it in combat, I believe that time has come."

Andúril
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:15:15 AM
"Very well," he said, taking off his robe and tossing it lightly aside. "I must warn you though, i'm a little out of practise. What with concentrating on my other studies and all. I could do with the pactice in all honesty."

He looked enquiringly at his master.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:49:04 PM
"I am not here to beat you, only to observe your skills." She removed her own outer robe and unclipped her sabre. "Then we can see on how you can surpass them."

Andúril
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:31:41 AM
Andúril nodded, and retracted his sabre, the shadows of antilight casting weird shapes along the wall. He waited for his master to make the first move.

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:34:31 PM
Navaria did not ingite the blade just yet, sensing her Padawan's intentions. "Why do you wait for me?"

Andúril
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:09:50 AM
"Well," he said thoughtfully. "I am not used to solo excersizes. On my homeworld I always trained with my teacher, and when travelling I generally could find a partnerto spar with. Are there any excersizes that would be useful for when I am alone?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:18:45 PM
"Ah... because you aren't used to it. I see. Well, this was just my own curiosity on how you handled facing another person. It is just good practice that a Jedi only uses his weapon as a last resort, waiting for the opponent to strike first and be as defensive as possible."

Andúril
Jan 21st, 2005, 10:55:20 AM
"I see. But can attack not also be the best type of defence? To cripple your opponant before they have the chance to strike? Thus helping to protect both you, and those around you?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:25:45 PM
"It depends on the situation. As I said, be as defensive as possible. We still don't wish to harm anyone needlessly. It is not our way."

Andúril
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:13:20 AM
Anduril nodded. "No, of course. So, how would you suggest that I practice?"

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 29th, 2005, 11:20:15 AM
"With practice, there is no other way." Navaria was standing several yards in front of him but then it appeared that his Master had closed the gap in a blink of an eye when the sound of her sabre was ignited. The pale blue blade was slicing through the air and coming around perpendicular to the Padawan's body.

Andúril
Jan 30th, 2005, 08:59:06 AM
Andúril didn't move. But somehow his sabre was in the way of his master's. The antilight writhed around Navaria's blue blade where they met. He pushed her back with his blade, and waited in a defensive stance. "I think I shall call my blade Nexus. A union of past and present, darkness and light."

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:10:25 PM
"Hmm." She performed a series of slashes and jabs at Andúril, testing his defenses, while commenting on the name he decided upon. "I've never believed in naming my weapons. Some do, but it is something I don't look down upon."

Andúril
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:46:20 PM
Andúril parried away at the various thrusts from Navaria. While thinking about her words. This wasn't something he was used to. "I er... Well I think it would be a shame to not do so... My fathers have always named their blades, and it seems a shame to merge two great lightsabres but never give the result a name."

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:33:08 AM
"To me, it is just a weapon that is an extension of my body and abilities, and to name something that can cause great harm, or even death ... I may be better then some because I can sense the Force and accomplish amazing feats," the Knight tried to come around his right flank, finding the weak spot she was looking for. It was an unorthodox manuever, but it was mainly to try and disarm her Padawan, "but it does not feel humbling to name a weapon that is suppose to symbolize what a Jedi is to others. Lightsabre is good enough for me."

Andúril
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:54:02 AM
"Well, each to his..." he sensed something unusual but could'nt quite react fast enough to parry it. He knew he was going to miss so he took a step and jumped over the blade, practically horizontal has he flew. He did not, however, think about how he was going to land, which he managed roughly. He did at least have Nexus between him and his opponant.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 18th, 2005, 08:56:08 PM
Navaria turned around to face her pupil, sabre at the ready before her. She took note of the awkward landing but waited for him to make the next move. "I cast no judgements, just offer my own opinion on the matter."

Andúril
Feb 19th, 2005, 06:33:06 AM
Andúril raised himself to his feet then advanced, making a curving motion with his sabre towards his opponant's left upper arm.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 25th, 2005, 11:24:45 PM
Her arms became squared as the Knight stepped towards the side, bringing her blade to point directly at the floor, blocking the attack upon her person.

She had some leverage and took a step forwards now, trying to push her Padawan off balance.

Andúril
Feb 26th, 2005, 07:45:03 AM
Andúril brought his arms over his head keeping his blade faced downwards and between them. He then mae a swing towards her upper body, going for where she was least defended.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:02:43 PM
She rolled to the side to avoid the attack, keeping her entire body below the deadly blade, before attempting to sweep her student off his feet once more.

Andúril
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:30:21 PM
He cartwheeled over the blade and brought his blade upwards towards her.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:42:31 PM
In which the Knight quickly parried upon one knee and leg. "Good. I think we're done."

Andúril
Mar 19th, 2005, 01:58:25 AM
Andúril nodded and retracted his blade. "Very well master."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 20th, 2005, 05:02:42 PM
"I just wanted to gauge your abilities first hand. I know you told me you had trained extensively before, but it is different when I actually face you myself. I'm sure you understand."

Andúril
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:17:23 AM
"Yes, of course... My previous trainer once told me that you never really new a person until you fought them. Do you believe that is true?"

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 29th, 2005, 07:23:17 PM
She nodded, "Yes. That is something I believe to be true to an extent. Much of what a person does not say are clues to who they really are."

Andúril
Mar 30th, 2005, 05:04:56 AM
Andúril laughed. "Yes well, it's sometimes difficult to know when someone is not saying something, and when they happen to just not have said it."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2005, 05:15:20 PM
She smiled, "Well, I am more observant of such things. Reading and understanding beings emotions is one of my talents."

Andúril
Mar 31st, 2005, 05:53:55 AM
Andúril looked away slightly, "Yes... That's something I have been able to see too, in a way, though its not specific, I just see... everything. All at once."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 31st, 2005, 04:10:17 PM
"That has to be disconcerting. Being bombarded by all those emotions at once."

Andúril
Mar 31st, 2005, 04:54:54 PM
He sighed. "Yes, which is why I don't practise it all too often. Doing it makes me feel uncomfortable."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 31st, 2005, 05:20:10 PM
"I believe that is something we must work on. A Jedi must be comfortable with all aspects of his abilities or it can become a hindrance for his training."

Andúril
Apr 1st, 2005, 05:41:14 AM
"Okay. Do you want to do that now? Or did you have something else in mind?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 1st, 2005, 05:57:07 PM
"No. For now I think it's best for you to practice with your lightsabre. Continuing with your meditations while doing so in the process. It will help to focus your mind. You will need it when we meet next."

Andúril
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:31:17 AM
"Very well, Master. I shall begain at once." He said, bowing.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:09:14 PM
"Very well. I will contact you when are next lesson is. Until then," the Knight bow slightly. "May the Force be with you."

Andúril
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:45:20 PM
"May the force be with you Master."