PDA

View Full Version : Of Past, Present and Future...Part 3 (Wei, Rog, Open)

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:15:30 PM
It had been a slow morning as Dr. Hayden Radnor returned from his morning break. He was carrying a small bag of carrots, munching as he walked towards the nurses station. The doc was a health nut there was no other way to put it.

"No broken bones, sprained ankles or splinters?" He asked Karen, the head nurse with a grin.

"Not at this..."

"...we've got a bp 180 over 160 and heart rate 400. Female, around twenty-years-of-age, pregnant. ETA five minutes..."

"Spoke too soon," Hayden said as he took off towards his unit. Throwing what was left of his carrots down on a counter, he got his team together and they were ready at the doors.

"Sounds like possible toxemia, Hayden." One of his fellow collegues stated as they awaited the arrival of the ambulance.

"Yeah, but I don't like that bp at all. Possibility of stroke in my case senarios." He answered back as the ambulance appeared and docked at the doors.

It only took a couple of moments for them to unload Quay'Na and rush her in.

Rognan Dar
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:35:15 PM
Rognan was in the back following everyone in, hearing details and numbers and simptims being called out all the way. He felt completly usless. He was no doctor. He had no knowlege of healing whatsoever. And maybe his suggestion on seing Anthony was to much for her. Maybe he caused this. He wanted to help. He needed to help. There had to be something that he could do instead of just following behind like a little puppy, not having anything to do but be there. Then again, being there for Quay might just be what she needs at the time.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:03:48 AM
It was not everyday that Wei Wu Wei had any sort of vision or premonition about anything, but today something bothered him very badly.

He got up from his desk and decided to take a walk around to think it out. He paid little attention to where he was going and when he looked up he found himself in the medical ward, and his Padawan on a stretcher to boot.

"What's happened here?" Wei asked Rognan.

Random Person
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:43:23 AM
OOC:Got permission for Anthony to be here...

IC:

Anthony Scott loped around the corner a few moments later and nearly ran into the two Jedi Knights.

"Whoa!" He said as he slammed on his break and slid a bit.

"Any news on Quay? What's going on in there?" He looked about and tried to see through the steel double doors they just pushed her through.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:48:58 AM
The Padawan was quickly taken into a scanner room. "Full body scan, let's make it quick!" Hayden ordered as they lifted Quay over to the table and he brought the scanner down over her.

The first scan read the same as what the EMT's had said. The second was higher. "Dang, we've got to give an emergency C-section or we'll lose them both." He looked down at Quay'Na. "You're child will survive, I promise you that."

Rognan Dar
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:50:37 PM
Rognan turned around to see Wei. He was slightly comforted by him being around.

"I'm dont know. She was fine, having a talk with Anthony here and then she just collapsed. There was a small wave in the Force that came from her, but it was not enough to tell what happened. Plus these doctors are not saying anything, yet. I'm not sure they know exacitally whats going on either."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:23:39 PM
Wei sighed. "So, you are the Anthony I've heard so much about."

He shook Anthony's hand. "Glad to see you've decided to support Quay'Na through this after all."

The teacher looked at the doors his Padawan had entered and shook his head. "Nothing we can do from here, fellas."

Wu Wei squatted down and leaned backwards so he fell backwards into a sitting position. He would sit and wait to hear what had happened to Quay'Na.

Random Person
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:08:28 PM
Anthony shook the Jedi Knight's hand. "Good to meet you as well, Sir. I know how this must sound, but I was just...being stupid and it tok me this long to figure it out. I hope she's going to be alright. Perhaps, I should contact her father after we find out what's going on, unless you want too."

Anthony sighed deeply and prayed Quay and the baby were going to be alright. They had to be.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 7th, 2004, 06:40:11 PM
"Let's move people, time is running out." He said. "We need to get her to surgery, stat!"

"I'll inform the family." Hayden said as he quickly made his way to the waiting area and recognized Master Wei.

"Master Wei, I'm glad you're here. Quay'Na's status is critical at this time. We've established that she has indeed suffered at least one stroke in her left artial lobe, possibly two. The bleeding is extensive. She's on her way to surgery for an emergency c-section and a brain by-pass surgery to repair the ruptured artery. She'll then go straight nto another surgery that's called Intubalation and hyperventilation, this will be to place a tube into the artery to help reduce the pressure in her brain."

Rognan Dar
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:59:41 PM
Rognan followed Wei's example and sat down on the floor, leaning back against the wall and sighed heavily. He was right, there wasn't much that they could do right now. With all the powers that the Force has givin them, they were still at the mercy of deaths' grip. No way of saying that someone would come through the troubles. Even the best doctors could not keep everyone alive.

When a doctor came out and greeted Wei, Rognan stood up and listened closely. At the end of the list of surgeries, rognan pipped in before Wei could say anything.

"When all that is done, will Quay be alright? Will she be able to last through all those surgeries?"

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:20:56 AM
Hayden looked at them with a heavy heart. "They won't know until they can get in there and survey the damage. Survival of a stroke this size is usually twenty-five percent or less, but it has been known to happen."

Hayden looked at the three men. "There is always hope."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:02:46 AM
Wei slowly got to his feet. "Is that right?" he said in a low tone.

The Knight's eyes gave the appearance that he was staring off at something distant. So, it had come down to this. Perhaps this was the event Quay'Na had experienced in her visions.

"Do your best, Doctor. Her life is in your hands now."

Then he turned to look at Anthony. "Quay'Na is my Padawan, so I will contact her parents."

The problem about contacting them was the timing. Wei didn't want to upset them by telling them about Quay'Na right then, but he felt like he would be swindling them if he waited until after everything was said and done.

"Yes, I will contact her parents. Is there a comm unit around here?"

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:17:12 PM
Hayden nodded. "Yes, Master Wei. There is a comm unit right down the hall on the left. We're going to do everything we can to save her."

With a sigh, Hayden turned and headed back towards the doors he'd just came from. It was going to be a long shift and the outcome was very uncertain.

Random Person
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:23:17 PM
Anthony stood there dumbfounded as he listened. Quay'Na had had a stroke and she had a twenty-five percent chance of making it... This all seemed too unbeileveable.

He swiped a hand through his long hair. "This isn't happening, she's always been so strong. She's a fighter, she's going to make it through this."

Anthony had to believe it or he'd go stock raving mad. He would believe nothing less of Quay. She wasn't going to die!

He nodded silently as Wei spoke to him.

Rognan Dar
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:19:45 PM
Rognan did not like the odds. They were far to low. But what got to him more then anything was how it all happened? Sure, maybe it was the stroke, but what triggered the stroke? He was no doctor and even the more known and basic things escaped him at times. He could not believe that a stroke, maybe two, could make her chance of survival so low. It was hardly a possiblilty for her to live.

"So what are you going to tell her family? Rognan said followed Wei as he made his way to the comm unit.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:54:53 PM
Wei settled himself a moment before picking up the reciever. "I will tell them the truth."

Then he dialed the directory. "Yes? I need the contact information for one of the Padawans staying here at the GJO. " There was a small pause. "Yes, I am her master...Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei."

The Knight tucked the phone between his head and his shoulder as he scrambled for something to take the information down on. "This will get me to her father? Thank you. May the Force be with you, too."

He hung up the reciever. "Now the hard part."

Wei lifted the reciever once again, and started dialing up Quay'Na's father.

Jerib Rakai
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:40:53 PM
Jerib Rakai and his fiancee, Chani had been washing breakfast dishes in Quay'Na's quarters. Unknowingly, except to the Padawan that they were even there.

The two were laughing it up and having a bit of a water fight when Jerib's personal comm chimed.

"Ahh, probably my daughter wanting us to meet her somewhere. I keep telling her she need some more sheets for Aramis' crib." He smiled as he flipped it open.

"Hello, Jerib Rakai speaking." The man said with a smile. Ever since he'd found out of Quay's pregnancy, he and Chani had been thrilled.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:21:05 AM
This was the hard part. Right here. "Hello, Mr. Rakai? This is Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei speaking. I need to have a word with you about your daughter, Quay 'Na."

Well, there it was. They were on topic.

Jerib Rakai
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:45:38 PM
Jerib hadn't heard him correctly. "Well, I'm afraid, she's not here right now, Sir. In fact, I'm not exactly sure where's she's at, but she's usually not gone for very long periods of time."

He looked at Chani and mouthed that it was Quay's Master.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:11:11 PM
"Well, I know where she is sir. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

Wei spoke more clearly this time, trying to make himself understood and keep himself in check at the same time.

"Sir, Quay'Na is at the Jedi Medical Center right now, in the delivery ward. The doctor here says she will have to undergo a C-section, and has suffered a stroke as well. She is recieving operations for both."

He felt bad for putting it all out there at once, but it couldn't be helped. "I think it would be in your best interest as her father to be here in the medical center to wait on her while she undergoes this operation. I think it would only be fair for you to be the first to visit her after it's all over."

Jerib Rakai
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:17:46 AM
His happiness turned to fear as he heard the words from Quay'Na's Master.

"A stroke..." He could barely get the words out for a moment as Chani came up to him with a concerned look.

"Of course, well be there in a few minutes. Thank you, Master Wei." His voice sounded distant as he cut the connection, of all people Jerib knew the dangers of suffering such a thing.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:08:35 PM
Wei sighed as he hung up the reciever.

"Well, they're on their way," he said to Rognan. "It has got to be one of the hardest things in the world to do, telling a parent his child might die soon."

Rognan Dar
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:52:52 PM
Rognan lifted his hand and placed it on Wei's shoulder.

"You did good. There was nothing else you or I could have done to help Qauy, and her parents need to know. I know I couldn't have told them, since I feel somewhat responsible for what happened... All we can do now is wait and see what the Force will do."

Random Person
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:19:25 PM
Anthony flopped down on one of the hard couches that were available. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed deeply. This was his fault.

He had brought this on Quay, he wanted to see her to get her to understand how sorry he was and now she was fighting for her life...

Because of him.

Things had gone too far, why did he ever leave her in the first place? He had so many things he still wanted to tell her, but now he may never have the chance...he could feel this ache starting to form in his stomach, one that wouldn't go away.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:38:46 AM
The Jedi Knight returned to the waiting area and took a seat next to Anthony. Wei was worried for his Padawan, but he maintained his composure some by leaning back and putting his hands behind his head and leaning his head against the wall.

Wei suddenly had the appearance of someone who was almost too calm considering his circumstances, but a small twitch that had developed in his left leg gave him away. It was getting harder and harder for the Knight to maintain inner peace, and he knew it. Knowing his problem only made the problem worse because he could not quite figure out how to fix what had gone wrong.

"No sense in worrying," he thought to himself, and shut his eyes, trying to catch a small cat nap.

Jerib Rakai
Nov 14th, 2004, 12:02:36 AM
Jerib Rakai manuvered his chair through the entrance of the medical center as he and Chani rushed to get to his daughter. He'd made several calls before leaving, so he wanted to make up some time.

They came to a skidding halt at the nurses desk. "Quay'Na Rakai, please."

The lady looked up at them and punched in the name. "She's still in surgery at this time, Sir. You'll have to wait in the waiting room over there." She pointed to the room.

"You can't tell us anything?" He asked immediately.

"I have no information, the surgeon will arrive when they're done. I'm sorry."

Chani placed a caring hand on her fiancee's shoulder. "We shall wait."

Jerib shook his head as he made his chair move to the right and towards the waiting area. "This can't be happening." He said as they went into the room.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:53:10 PM
Yasmin knew something was going on with Quay'Na, she felt pain in her own head and some kind of strange tingling in her right arm and then the strange connection she shared with her twin left her.

Yasmin had been shopping at the time and this all came as such a shock, she knocked over a display in the supermarket. All she could do was shake her head as dill pickles flew every which way across the slick floor.

She left the grocery store in a fog, it was like her lifeline had just been deleted. It wasn't long before she was wondering around down the street when her father, Cordell contacted her to advise her what had happened with Quay'Na.

"I know..." She said dully. "Who told you, Dad?"

"Jerib called me, Quay's Master called him and from there, I have no idea. She's at Coruscant Med."

"I'm on my way!" She said as she clicked off. It didn't take her long, she even beat her dad there.

"What's happening?" Yasmin asked quickly as she entered.

Jerib Rakai
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:17:47 PM
"I'm not even completely sure, sweetie." Jerib answered from his chair. "We just have to wait it out." His voice was ashened as Cordell hurried in.

"Jerib, any news?" He asked.

Jerib merely shook his head as Chani placed an arm around her fiancee and gave him a hug.

Cordell looked at a distraught Yasmin and led her to a seat. "She's going to be alright, I know she is."

The wait was on...

Natia Telcontar
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:53:14 AM
*Natia follows Yasmin into the med center. The Force led her here, and she knows, deep down inside that something's wrong with Quay. She looks around at those waiting in the waiting room before finally making her way to Wei. When she gets there, she talks softly*

Wei, what's happened to Quay??

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 18th, 2004, 01:28:06 PM
Wei's nostrils flared as a big sigh escaped through his nose.

"She's had a stroke," he said quietly. "She is also trying to give birth to her baby boy. She's being treated for her stroke as best they can, and the doctor is performing a C-section to boot. Evidently this stroke has made it impossible for normal birthing to take place."

The Knight's eyes remained closed the entire time he spoke. He sat silently a moment before straigtening up in his chair and opening his eyes. He would get no sleep.

"Take a seat, young one. There is little we can do but wait."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:36:06 PM
Hayden came out dressed in his scrubs a while later. Ever since the accident with Jacali over a year ago, the young doctor requested to be in every Jedi related injury or illness.

He wanted to do his part for the Jedi as much as he could.

"We have some good news, Quay's son has been born with no stress related defects. He is six pounds, seven ounces and nineteen inches long and he's perfectly fine. After the birth, Quay's blood pressure started going down and so far her by-pass is going well. That's all the information I have at this time." He turned and then looked back at them.

"The child will be in the nursery soon. I've got to get back now, I'll keep you posted on Quay's progress every hour."

Rognan Dar
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:56:29 PM
Rognan was just about to ask the doctor more questions when he relized that he had no answers. There was still much that Quay needed. But the baby was delivered safely. That was a blessing. The doctor made it sound as if Qauy was going to be fine. But he detected a little hint of uncertenty as he walked out.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:14:17 AM
The Jedi Knight smiled. "That sounds like good news," he said.

He stood up and stretched, arching his back and putting his hands high over his head. "OOooooh! Man, that felt good. Well, seeing as the baby is going to be in the nursery very soon, shall we go see the little guy?"

Natia Telcontar
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:28:36 AM
*Natia nods and remains standing, waiting patiently for more news on Quay. When the doctor comes out and informs her the Quay's son is healthy, she nods slightly, happy for that miracle. Now for Quay to pull through*

I'm game for seeing the little guy.

Jerib Rakai
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:54:03 PM
Jerib looked at Chani. "Our first grandchild has finally arrived." He smiled knowing that the child was born healthy.

Chani squeezed his hand. "Quay's going to follow suit, she's a strong girl, why don't we do as her master says and welcome young Aramis into our family."

"I do believe that is in order, I only wish Quay would be doing this herself."

The mixed emotions were felt all around the room, happy that the baby was alright, but concerned for the mother.

"Master Wei, shall you lead?" Jerib asked as he looked at the others.

"I'll stay," Cordell acknowledged, "just in case there's some news on Quay." He looked at Yasmin. "You should go check out your new nephew."

Yasmin nodded and stood. "I'll go."

"I'll stay with Cordell." Anthony said solemnly as he he closed his eyes and sighed.

Rognan Dar
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:00:18 PM
Rognan felt out of place. He knew Quay and was a good friend of hers, but he did not know her family at all and seeing the baby without her there just didn't seem right. But he followed the group none the less.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:21:02 AM
Wei shrugged. "If that's the way you want it sir, I shall be happy to lead on."

Lucky for Wei the signs directing the way to the nursery were easy to follow. A short trek through the hospital corridors landed the people in front of the nursery. A large glass wall separated the people waiting outside from all the babies on the inside.

A nurse came out and asked Wei which baby they had come to see.

"Aramis Rakai," he replied.

The nurse nodded and hurried away to find the baby.

Natia Telcontar
Nov 20th, 2004, 11:24:46 AM
*Natia follows the group to the nursery. She keeps herself slightly distant from the Rakai's since she doesn't know them and they don't know her. What they probably don't know is she considers Quay her sister*

Jerib Rakai
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:01:13 PM
Chani holds Jerib's hand tightly as they await to see the child that will be calling her 'Grandma'.

Even though, Chani isn't near the age to be called such, she doesn't mind in the least. Her love is for the man she is going to marry in the near future and his family will become hers.

A few moments later, the nurse comes up to the window with a baby wrapped in a little blue blanket. She tucks the blanket away from his face so everyone can see.

"Oh, Chani. Look at him, he's perfect." Jerib smiles as he sees the child. "He even looks like an Aramis."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:15:34 PM
Wei nodded. "Good looking kid," he said to no one in particular.

He stood a moment, watching the baby watch everyone else. Quay would be excited to see him.

Natia Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:01:11 AM
*Natia smiles at Aramis*

He's a cutie for sure.

Rognan Dar
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:54:33 PM
Rognan watched from behind everyone. He baby was cute. Most babies were. And there was a strange similiarity to the baby and Quay. But that was also to be expected. Just looking at the baby made his thoughts wonder to how Quay was doing. And that it felt wrong to see her child before she was able to.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 24th, 2004, 08:39:59 PM
Yasmin walked up to the window and pressed her hand against it. "Oh, the child is absolutely adorable. Quay has to get better, she can't miss seeing him."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:31:38 PM
"How true," Wei replied.

The Knight closely scrutinized the baby, taking in every detail of its tiny frame from the sparse hairs on its head down to the tiny toes.

Once he felt he had memorized what the baby looked like, he decided to go back to the waiting room to sit out the rest of his Padawan's operation.

"I think I'll go see how the others are doing holding down the fort. You guys can stay if you want to."

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:45:00 AM
Hayden had kept his promise and come out every hour to tell the small group Quay's progress, though it wasn't much.

She was alive, however and that in itself was quite a feat with what the Padawan had endured.

Upon the third hour, he walked out with a hopeful look. "She's out of surgery, the bypass and ventilation went well."

He paused for a moment. "The likes from the surgery will heal well, its the effects from the stroke we're concerned with. She's made it this far, but she's not out of the water yet. As I said before, Quay had suffered severe bleeding to the brain. She's in a deep coma...and may or may not ever come out of it. I've seen it work both ways, so there is hope. There's always hope and she was a strong and vibrant female, so that will give her some edge."

Hayden sighed slightly. "I'm sorry that's all I have for you. The rest is up to Quay'Na. They're taking her to the ICU on the third floor right now. Don't be leary of the machines she's hooked up too, it may only be temporary. Any questions?"

Jerib Rakai
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:09:45 PM
It wasn't a question, more of a statement. "Quay will recover from this, she will beat the odds. I know she will." Jerib spoke firmly.

Random Person
Nov 30th, 2004, 07:32:36 PM
Anthony stepped up. "I'd like to go to her now, if that wouldn't be a problem."

He followed the doctor along with the others to the third floor.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:13:08 PM
Hayden led the small group to the ICU on the third floor. He passed the nurses station and went straight to the Padawan's room, after making a comm call.

He stopped short of her door and faced the group. "Though, I know this may be hard for you, try and be as cheerful as you can. We don't know what a coma patient can and cannot hear. And please only three in the room at a time. There's a waiting area down the hall and to your left."

Hayden continued to Quay's room as two nurses came out. "Is she ready?"

"Yes, Dr. Radnor." One of them answered with a nod.

He led them in for a brief moment. Checking her heart monitor and various machines, he looked down at her pale face for any signs of eye movement, there were none.

"Good, they saved her braid." He spoke softly as he gently touched the long, thin Padawan braid that Quay often had hidden beneath her long tuffs of hair. Most of that was gone now, since the surgery, though there were a few tuffs left beneath the gauze wrap that crowned her head.

"I'll come back in a while to check on her." Hayden said softly as he walked from the room.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 30th, 2004, 09:47:39 PM
Wei looked at Quay's parents. "You should go first."

Natia Telcontar
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:39:08 AM
*Natia continued watching Aramis for awhile before she went back to the waiting room. After that, she followed Dr. Hayden up to the ICU to visit Quay, but she's going to be nice and let her family see her first. She allows her thoughts to wander while she waits, her face an expressionless mask*

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 1st, 2004, 04:28:33 PM
Cordell nodded as Yasmin stepped up to him. He looked at Jerib and Chani.

"You should go in first, Yasmin with Cordell and Jerib. I'll stay out here." Chani offered with a nod.

"Thanks, Chani." Yasmin said softly as she looked at her dad.

Cordell took in a deep breath and blew it out. "I'm ready." He entered first and then was followed by Jerib and Yasmin.

The room seemed cold and quiet with the exception of Quay's heart monitor and ventilator that was expanding her lungs with air.

Cordell took a hold of his daughters hand. "We're here, sweetheart. We're all here for you. You need to pull through this."

Yasmin put her hand over her mouth as she saw her twin, tears fell down her cheeks as she shook her head.

Jerib Rakai
Dec 1st, 2004, 07:49:42 PM
Jerib was on the other side. "Hey, Princess. Your child has been born and he's beautiful, but you need to see that with your own eyes. He needs his mother, so you need to come back to us as soon as you can. I know you can do it."

Random Person
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:06:54 PM
Guilt once again filled Anthony with a sense of hopelessness he never wanted to feel.

This was his Quay, the woman he had wanted to spend the rest of his life with...and now he wondered if that would ever truly happen.

A silent tears slipped down his cheeks, Anthony walked down the corridor and looked out the window at the end.

Speeders of all shapes and sizes were on zipping by on airways and crowds were walking the streets below without any thought of what was going on in his heart and mind.

He touched the window gently with his hands. "This is my fault, Quay. I never should have made contact with you...I never shoudl have..." Anthony closed his eyes against the pain he felt.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:37:34 PM
Wei kept his mouth shut. Silence reigned outside, but inside, things rolled about in his hear and mind like great waves crashing on the shore. One thought after another loomed in his mind, standing tall over him before the thought suddenly went away and another like it took its place.

He had been expecting someone to come and abduct his Padawan, or try to steal the child. He had never expected disease to take her away. Wei was no healer.

In truth, he felt bad that he had not been able to prevent her illness from taking place, even though he had promised that she would be just fine when her child was born.

"It's out of your hands. It's not your fault. There wasn't anything you could do."

Those words ran through Wei's head time and again. He felt like he had done a poor job, and these ideas floating around inside him were simply cop-outs--flimsy excuses for not doing as he should.

Rognan Dar
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:02:28 AM
Rognan waited outside with the rest of the group. Just a moment ago everyone was happy to see Quay's baby. Now that it was down to waiting for her to get better, it seemed as she had died. Everyone was in thier own mind of grief or sorrow or even blaim. He knew this because he could see it, and because he also felt that way.

Walking over to Wei, he placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and said, "No. There was nothing any of us could have done. Not even Quay could have known what was going on. I know how you feel. I wish that I could have done more for her, just to have a slight understanding of what might have happened to her..."

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:59:28 PM
The Knight placed his hand over the one Rognang put on his shoulder.

"No, there isn't. I think that's what makes us all so incredibly upset."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:31:21 AM
Yasmin couldn't stop the tears that flooded her eyes as she looked upon her sister. A moment later, she hastily walked out and down the corridor.

Cordell went after her a few minutes later.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 15th, 2004, 12:10:25 AM
Wei was bothered by Yasmin's crying. Quay must have been worse off than even he had imagined. He looked at her a moment, then turned his face away, waiting for the rest of the family to wrap up their time with Quay before he went in himself.

Natia Telcontar
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:55:29 AM
*Natia remains standing in silence as time passes. She's not pleased with what is happening. Silently, she prays that Quay's vision doesn't come to pass*

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 16th, 2004, 07:59:57 PM
It took a moment for Cordell to catch up with Yasmin. "Yaz," he grabbed her arm and pulled her to a stop.

She was sobbing uncontrollably, so he gently led her into the breezeway that led to another part of the med center.

Cordell held his daughter and tried to console her. "Shh, it's going to be alright. We have to be strong for her, Yaz. Quay is a fighter, she'll get through this."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 16th, 2004, 08:03:30 PM
"It's too late..." Yasmin whispered. "Our connection...is gone. It's only a matter of time, Dad..."

Her tears began again as she shook her head. "It's too late."

Cordell just stared at her.

Jerib Rakai
Dec 16th, 2004, 08:27:41 PM
Hadn't it only been a few weeks ago that they had all been happily painting Aramis' room, eating homemade cookies and drinking milk?

When had their happiness ended? Jerib thought as Chani came in and over to him. She slid her hand into his as she looked at Quay. "Quay, it's Chani. We're all here for you, sweetie. You need to come back, okay? I know, you can hear me. Your son is beautiful and he needs his mama. Just as much as we need you."

Chani was hoping that Quay would magically open her eyes and everything would be as it was, but nothing happened.

She looked at Jerib. "Shall we let the others come in, I think you could use some coffee perhaps."

Jerib looked at his daughter and gently kissed her forehead. "You have to come back to us."

With a nod, he followed Chani out of the room to let the others come in.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 16th, 2004, 11:12:46 PM
Wei lifted his head as though it were a great weight as his Padawan's family came out of the room.

Silence reigned. There were no words that could be spoken between them. At least, not for Wei.

He slowly and silently stepped in to see Quay. He looked at her, hooked up to one machine after another. He sighed. The only Padawan that had not made it to her training.

The Jedi Knight stood lockjawed a moment or two, before finally managing. "I will always be your teacher, my Padawan. When you come to, we will pick up on your training. You have my word."

A faint smile played on Wei's lips. His whole face had grown taught as he spoke, and his voice dried up and cracked like mud on a hot day. He felt as though the slightest twitch more would cause his whole countenance to break like a dam, and all the tears come rushing out.

"Force be with you child," Wei thought and stepped outside again.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2004, 12:09:12 AM
The emotion going through the room was overwhelming. Even if he was not sensitive to others emotions, as he was with the Force, it would have been the same. It was hard to believe that such a thing could happen, to happen to someone Rog knew and cared about. People think that when you are a Jedi you can do anything. But when life throws a fast ball at you you either have to let it by, swing, or miss. To him, Quay being out of his help felt like he missed the ball. That he was able to hit it, yet he was not fast enough for it.

Being a Jedi doesn't mean that you are going to live forever. In most cases it means that your going to live very shortly. The way of the Jedi is a hard path, a rocky and ruff road. And this was one of those moments. When you lose someone that is close, that is when you learn that you are not invincible. Your little bubble of friends that you think will never leave is popped, and life is at its worse.

Slowly, Rognan entered into the room where Quay was. He almost turned away at the site of so many things plugged into her, things keeping her alive. It took all his strength and will to move in further, to stand next to her. He couldn't do it. He fell to his knees and leaned his head against her hand, quietly crying. There was now nothing he could do for her. Nothing that he could have done to help her, and that ate at him the most. Most of his life he thought that he could do anything that he se his mind out to do. So far, that seemed to be the case. There was a burst of emotion that flowed off of him. Emotion that had been building up since the real tiems of struggle. They were now released after so much pressure that he could not control it. He did not want others to wait for him to come out. But he couldn't manage to pick himself off the floor.

Natia Telcontar
Dec 17th, 2004, 11:43:58 AM
*Natia remains standing in the hall, waiting for a chance to see Quay by herself. If she manages to speak to Quay while in there, what she has to say is for Quay to hear, and only Quay.

She thinks back to Dexter's, to the laughter there, to upstairs and the laughter of family, for that is what Quay is. Family. And now, having her in a coma.

Shaking her head slightly, she looks down the hall, getting a feeling that Quay was right about her vision. Surely, there was something she could have done, something to have stopped this.

After a moment, she sets an emotionless expression on her face as she waits, again being the strong pillar in the sea of turmoil. Someone everybody could lean on. A bridge over troubled waters*

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:55:55 PM
It took Rognan several moments to compose himself. He looked at Quay, trying to think what it must be like to go through what was happening to her. There was no way anyone could know. It was a comma. Several years could go by and she would remember everything that happened before blacking out. And anyone she knew about would either be gone or dead.

He did not say anything. There was nothing to say. There was nothing he could do for her now, and he was not able to promise that he could do anything for her because he knew he would not be able to keep the promise. So, after saying his farewells, he turned around and left the room, heading back to the waiting room. After entering, he nodded to each person that was there, and took his leave. His task was done, and he had one last look at Quay. He did not want to stay and think about what was now keeping her alive. If she was never to reawake then he wanted his memories of her to be the ones where she was happy, learning and growing in the ways of the Jedi. And thats how he was going to remember her.

Random Person
Dec 17th, 2004, 09:26:44 PM
Time had passed so slowly as Anthony watched and waited one by one would enter and only to see the looks of distraught on the faces of those who walked back out.

It was his turn, he wanted so much to take back what had happened, but he could not.

Slowly, Anthony Scott entered. His breath was taken away as he saw all the monitors and machines his beloved was hooked up too.

He bit his lip as he walked up to her. What had he done?

"Quay, I..." a lump was in his throat. "I love you and this should have never happened. I am so stupid, I should have never come back. But, I did..." Tears streamed down his cheeks as he took a hold of her hand.

"I came back because I wanted so much to be with you, you've got to know that. My life is nothing without you. I loved you the moment I saw you and then all that crazy stuff happened."

Anthony wiped his eyes with the back of his sleeve. "Please, don't leave like this, Quay. Please, I'm begging you to come back to me. I know you still love me."

His voice fell silent as he stood there, for what seemed to be an eternity. But, in all reality was about ten minutes.

"There are others that want to see you now, so I'm going to go. I'll be out in the waiting room, I'm not about to leave." He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"I love you." Anthony said one last time before he exited.

Natia Telcontar
Dec 19th, 2004, 10:49:31 AM
*Natia remains standing in the hallway outside of Quay's hospital room in silence after Anthony has left. Slowly she enters the room, silently closing the door behind her, just to give that much more privacy to her*

Hey Quay. Natia here. I know you can hear me so please bare with me. I haven't had to do this before. In fact, I don't even like hospitals. Reminds me to much of my real Father's lab back home.

Aramis is a healthy bouncing boy which you'll love. If you don't come out of this, then I'll make sure he get's to Mylia and Ridge. Have no fear for Aramis or yourself. You're going to be fine, you'll see.

*Natia stands in silence beside Quay's bed, looking down at her with no hint of emotion on her face*

Quay, my sister, you've got to pull through this. It's supposed to be you raising Aramis. Come back to us, I beg of you.

*Natia remains standing in silence for awhile longer before she leans over and gives Quay a hug before turning and leaving. She pauses at the door, looking back at Quay*

The Lost will keep you in theirs thoughts my sister.

*Natia turns and exits the hospital room and returns to waiting in the hallway outside of Quay's door, her face an expressionless mask*

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:54:05 PM
Wei sat outside, waiting for the last two people to exit the room.

"Well, it would appear that what's done is done. We just have to wait. And we might wind up waiting for a very long time. Bear her in mind, but continue on with your lives as best you can. That is all that we really can do."