PDA

View Full Version : Hunter becomes the Hunted

Shade Magus
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:13:02 PM
OOC: Please pm before posting because I have specific events that need to happen.

Thunder boomed loudly over the jungles of the planet Ithor as the rain began to fall. It was a long standing costume that no one should enter the forests as the were considered sacred by the Ithorians, or hammerheads as they were more commonly known. They were so sacred in fact that the Ithorians had long ago left them and went to live in the skies in large ships they called herds. Now they moved about the galaxy, coming back together at the homeworld only once every five years for the Calling in which they settle political disputes and such by connecting each of the ships. It was very seldom that an outsider was allowed in the occasion and it was surprising the the Jedi standing at the edge of the jungle now that not long ago he and his Padawans had been apart of such an event.

Shade took a deep breath as he took a step and walked into the lush green forest. He was the first outsider to enter in a very long time. Atleast that is what he hoped. For the past few weeks the Ithorians that had opted to return to the jungle to live had been appearing dead in clearing with no obvious clues as to what was killing them. A Jedi was called for, and Shade had answered. He had put in a call for another, a healer prehaps, but that was yet to be seen as he did not wait for them to arrive.

He opened himself up to the Force and felt the life around him rush through him. He was good at feeling life around him, but as far as feeling a certain emotion or perception he could not do. All he could do was feel life which was a skill he would need if what was killing the Ithorians was indeed a new creature then he could hunt it down and take the best possible course of action from there. If it wasn't...well that wasn't something he wanted to think about just yet.

He closed his eyes for a moment before walking into the darkness that was starting to cover this side of the planet. The rain patting down on him harder by the second. Looks like this will be a long night.

Shade Magus
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:48:31 PM
Shade had been walking for hours before the rain started to die down. He pulled the hood of his cloak back as he came to a small clearing and smiled as he felt the sun wash over him and began to warm him up.

He decided that this was as good a place as any to set up a camp to use as ground zero. The Jedi pulled off his cloak and laid it out to dry as he went to gather some fallen limbs for a small fire to warm himself up. He gathered a few bundles and brought them back to his little camp, where he sat down and used his lightsaber to start the fire. Soon he was warm and thinking about the problem long into the night.

Later as night fell, Shade couldn't keep his eyes open, he laid back and closed them. He was tired and needed his rest if he intended to go looking for the source of this problem in the morning. He reached out with the Force and felt no immeadiate danger as he drifted off to sleep.

Three hours later:

Grrr...

The Knight's eyes fluttered open as he heard the low growl and trotting from the trees. He could feel three, maybe four of the large predators as they made their way towrads him. He gripped his lightsaber hilt and waited to activate it just before one came flying out in front of him.

Suddenly his green weapon was a blaze as he swept it across the things chest. He quickly turned on his heel to his left and leapt into the air, sending on under him as he drove his blade downwards and through the animal. These two he had only given minor wounds for something their size. They shoudln't die as long as they didn't keep fighting. The other two however, he had no choice but to kill them as they both leapt out at him. He spun to his left and leveled his lightsaber to the ground cutting both in half. As he completed his spin he wound up face to face with one he hadn't sensed, and there was nothing he could do about it. His telekinesis wasn't strong enough to make a difference and he didn't have enough time to move. He was done and the large cat knew it as it leapt at Shade.

Rognan Dar
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:16:46 PM
Just as the cat was about to land on Shade it missed. It apeared the the cat had mis-calculated its jump and just barely missed him. But the fact that the cat was still moving through the air after it missed made it apear that it was not just the cat at fault. There was a loud snap as the cat hit a tree off to Shade's left five yards away. The snap was that of it neck breaking on the hard bark. A rusle in the bushes drew Shade's attention. And was about to slice whatever came out when he saw a dark skinned man come out with a shocked look on his face as he was about to get sliced.

"Hey, now. Its just me. You can put that away now, you know."

Rognan had gotten Shade's message and came right away to help him out. It wasn't every day that you could go down to the surface of Ithor. But that was not the only reason for his comming. Over time he was becoming a closer friend to Shade and if he needed help then he was all to eager to see what he can do. The thought of coming down to the planet was still a exciting one.

His trip here was simple and easy, but once he got to the herdship he found trouble. At first they didn't want to send him down, that one Jedi was enough to handle the problem. Rognan, after much convincing and telling him about Shades call, agreed to let him down, but not without giving him a earful of how it was a sacred planet and that he was to do nothing more then solve the problem, lest rist the planet becoming unsacred by him. So he headed down to the landing site and headed off in the direction that was pointed out to him by his pilot that dropped him off. Not long after he found his way through the jungle, with the help of sensing Shade, and came to his aid at the most nessesary moment.

Shade Magus
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:29:13 PM
Shade smiled as he deactivated the weapon and clipped it back to his belt. He held out his hand to his fellow Jedi as he walked towards him.

"Rogan my freind. How good it is to see you. I take it you got my message. I hope you didn't have as much trouble getting here as the Ithorians gave me. You should habe heard it when I told them that I would actually have to go down to the planet to see what was going on here."

Rognan Dar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:33:48 PM
Rog come out of the bushes and tried to brush some water off of his robes. It was pointless. He just gave his friend a warm smile.

"Well, lets just say that when it comes to Ithorians, they can be a great amount of trouble without much effort. No, I shouldn't say that. They are jsut trying to protect what they hold sacred. I honor them for that, but sometimes they go a little to far on it. They might not have let me come down if you were not already here. So whats going on? You didn't really say in your message what you needed help with."

Shade Magus
Nov 2nd, 2004, 11:21:01 PM
"Well to be honest, I'm really not sure. The Ithorians have been seeing some of their "outcasts" down here lying dead in the middle of some of the clearings. They asked me to come and see and if I could determine what the cause of the deaths were, but I'm not much of a healer so I told them I could some down here to find out better, what a fiasco that was. But in the end I convinced them and I sent out for another Jedi, hopefully a healer incase this is some kind of new virus, but if it isn't and its just some bandits, then atleast another person around would help imensely, as you did."

Rognan Dar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 06:30:56 PM
"It sounds like we are going to have ourselves a fun time then. I wouldn't think that anything besides animals and other natural things of this planet would be on the planets surface. I mean, if they were outcasts, why have them go to their sacred planets surface. Some times I just dont understand the Ithors.

So what have you found out so far?"

Shade Magus
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:05:33 PM
"Well I came down here to find some of the bodies to see what could be determined from that, but apparently they seem to have disappeared since coming here. I have nothing of them, but this is not far from where the sightings have been. I decided that prehaps I could camp here for a few nights before moving on. Something tells me that this is where I should be for now."

Rognan Dar
Nov 5th, 2004, 04:36:52 PM
Rognan took a long look at the animals they had just killed. "Your saying you want to stay here? There could be more of these things around and might even be able to smell their kind have been killed and come at you with even more. I dont know about you, but I dont want to be around when momma cat wants a piece of you. And those cats might even be eating at those sittings areas and then there wouldn't be much to find then."

Shade Magus
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:29:32 AM
"I've taken that into consideration and after this little 'incident', I think we might be safe up higher in the trees. Not that high though, maybe just to the second or third level of branches. If these things can climb trees, then atleast we'll have more of a warning than if we are here," the man said as he looked around and up at the trees thoughtfully. "Yes...that should do. What do you think?"

Slayn Cloak
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:52:13 PM
It had been a long time since Slayn had been able to keep a moment for himself. Even with all the time he had spent alone as of late; There was just to much on his mind concerning all that has transpired over the past months. To long had he gone with out meditation on more important matters... himself.

The Ithorian landscape was pleasing it reminded him of motucadru, but less rugged; there where more low leveled areas and not as many abrasive ridges. The forest was literally crawling with life, everything oozed a power that begged him for attention. The trees themselves could keep him alive for years, the thought of maintaining his life parasitically caused slayn to laugh.

come to think of it, I haven't eaten in awhile...

The Dark Jedi mussed the idea of food while looking up at the forest canopy, the colors where absolutely amazing. This particular area seemed to be thin and the moon light radiated through its mass causing all shades of yellow hued by blues and greens; Slayn smiled as he began to drift to sleep.

Before the young master could do so however his mind had been roused by something els, as it was still beautiful, it was entirely different. At first it seemed that there where Force adepts in the area, perhaps people he could gain the trust of, and enter into his fold. Those thoughts where cut short by blissful hiss of death; the sound that echos out through the world in a beings last moments. These abilities where defiantly coming from Jedi. The poor martyrs so quick to speak of there valor, and traditions, helping good do well, but in the end simply killers. The constant bickering between them and the Sith amused him most of all; to groups so caught up in serving their religions that they don't realize they're essentially the same. Again a burst of laughter left him as he shuffled his body into a more comfortable position. There was much to be done tomorrow, and it seemed maybe the day would bring new advantageous encounters.

Rognan Dar
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:03:31 PM
Thinking about Shade's suggestion about the tree's, Rog nodded his head slowly as if contimplating a problem with it. But in the end he just looked back between Shade and the trees.

"Well, beggers can't be choosers. I dont know how well you sleep in a tree, but I know I have problems after a while. You dont, by chance, have any kind of heater or blankets with you? And do you want first watch or second?"

The thought of being caught by those 'cats' in his sleep was not a pleasent one. If keeping him alive, taking the whole thing a little to far maybe, ment to lose a few hours of sleep, then so be it. He didn't want to be just a splat of poop on the ground afterwards.

Shade Magus
Nov 6th, 2004, 08:18:53 PM
"I'll take first watch, and no I don't have a blanket or heater. I wasn't really thinking about them when I came down here," he said as he looked around for a second. "But you can use my cloak as a blanket. I should be able to keep myself warm, enough through the night."

He took off his cloak and tossed it to Rogan. He nodded to the dark skinned man as he climbed up into the tree. He himself, went and sat cross legged at the trunk of the tree. He crossed his arms across his chest and stretched out with the Force. The life around him, feeled his senses. Shade smiled for a second, drawing on the warmth of the life he felt around him through the Force. Then something cold passed through him and he felt an involuntary shiver run through his body..

What was that? The Jedi thought to himself as he reached out for the feeling again, but it eluded him. Strange...oh well, it is probably just your nerves Shade. A few cats get the jump on you and all of a sudden you think there is a conspiracy going on around here.

Slayn Cloak
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:26:16 PM
The night passed with little resistance, Slayn had slept comfortably in a small hole at the end of a tree trunk. He was defiantly enjoying his retreat and it seemed that today would be no exception.

After a light meal and a few long droughts of water Slayn headed off to the north, there's a temple there, one of many scattered throughout the forest and another reason the Ithors considered the planet sacred; the temples however aren't in the least related to their culture. Slayn felt however that it merited a visit, and possibly a great deal of attention. It appeared to be the largest of the four main temples in the region, if he was correct this planet would be of great use to him.

Rognan Dar
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:00:20 PM
Rognan took the cloak and just about to refuse the offer, insisting that he was going to be fine. But then thought better and took it. Its hard to sleep when your cold, and the rain that just passed by did not make the air any warmer. As Rognan slept, he had a small dream about the Jedi Order. In it he saw Vista running around, playing with Yarden. Then he saw Marga chasing after the two. It was a beatiful picture, the joy of his life. Then a dark cloud came over head. It blocked out the sun, then started to seep down through the order. The cloud and fog took the form of a hand that snatched up the three, then seemed to swollow uop the GJO.

Rognan woke up suddenly and almost fell off of a branch. He grabbed hold of whatever he could and steadied himself. This was not the first time he saw this dream. It was a nightmare that had taken hold of him ever since he got Vista back. Everything good that ever happened to him always seem to fall away from him. Darkness was always after the things he loved. Everything in his dream was something that had been threatened or even taken away from him for a time. And it only kept going, no matter what he did. This was not the time for having such a dream. But no more rest was going to help him right now. He slowly made his way to the lowest branch right above Shade. He then dangled down and dropped right infront of him. Shade looked like he was just about to pass out.

"Hey, you look like you could use some rest. I can't sleep anymore. To much on my mind. But if you want to go and catch a few z's then you should."

Shade Magus
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:48:01 PM
He nodded wearily. "I think that would be a good idea."

The Jedi stood up, but then sat back down. "But I think I'll just rest here for now. You going to be ok?"

Before he even got a chance to answer, Shade was already sleeping, leaning into dreamland.

A few hours later, he woke up, not exactly refreshed but good enough to go through a rigrous day of hiking. When he opened his eyes, the sun caught him and a hand went up almost instanteously.

"So have any fun?" He asked Rogan as he stood up and stretched.

Rognan Dar
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:59:58 PM
"Oh, not so much. Though, you should have heard yourself mumble in your sleep."

Rognan smiled at his joke. For Shade did not talk in his sleep, but it would be fun to see his reaction. During the night, he had been looking around close to their nap site, making sure that everything was alright and help his restlessness.

Shade Magus
Nov 12th, 2004, 01:02:42 AM
Shade looked shocked for a moment.

"Well I hope I didn't say anything to embarassing," he said as he walked around a few steps. He reached out with the Force to see if he could sense the strange feelings he had sensed last night, but nothing. Oh well, if it is something important I am sure I'll find out soon enough.

"So did you find anything last night or is it more hiking through the woods?"

Rognan Dar
Nov 12th, 2004, 08:02:22 PM
"Last night was a quiet as your sleeping. Hardly anything to be worried about and just as much going on. I didn't expect much to happen at night. Its when everything is awake and ready that I expect something to happen."

Rognan stretched out his senses and slowly began to feel the forest wait up.

"So it looks like its more hiking. Which way you want to go?"

Slayn Cloak
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:39:51 PM
Slayn pulled a door open and it roared as if protesting its reluctant movement from its settled position. Rust flaked off the iron hinges as other chunks of debris fell from the door itself. The air was moist and heavy, carrying with it the degrading smell of organics; decaying plant life and other forms of heaping filth. It was enough to disgust even the lowest of creatures, Slayn relied on his will to not turn away. He followed the corridor as it sloped downward, the ground seemed to be stone of some sort but there was organic material all around, and a very odd sensation had declared itself to him. It was a little strong at first and had come out of nowhere, like a slap in the face; but after the initial shock it was nothing to be weary of. The troubling thought however, came afterwards;

That was to strong to have been anything from this age. That was an ancient evil, not as powerful but how horrible a creature it must be.

Slayn could conceive of no being that was so terrible, all the sith masters where about as strong as this thing, but it was out right badness. It couldn't have been a person at all, no person like this would stay here, or for that matter go unnoticed for so long. Even Slayn had problems getting to the surface and the entire ithor council could do little to stop him. Slayn could feel this presence everywhere, it was all over this temple.

Let me see just what you are...

The Dark Jedi thought just before reaching out to this entity, not in a friendly manner but trying to dominate its consciousness. Slayn's power ripped into the mind of this creature, it was a little tuff at first but once he had control it was like any weaker mind.

"argh"

The pain Slayn then felt was unlike any he had ever felt. This creature was just that, some kind of beast. Its mind was completely empty and chaotic, nothing but noise and a dsier to kill. There was absolutely no purpose behind anything, no though, just pain.

"ehhnugruh..."

His head was in terrible pain, his mind felt completely numb, Slayn sat with his back to the wall.He needed to rest.

Shade Magus
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:51:33 PM
Shade looked around for a minute before pointing off to the south. "Let's head that way. And remember to keep your senses open to anything and everything."

Shade picked up his bag and started that way. For a few moments, the pair traveled in silence until he broke it. "So out of curiosity, what were you doing when you got my message?"

Rognan Dar
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:34:40 PM
Rognan turned to look at Shade to answer his question.

"Well...I wasn't doing to much. You know, just flying around, saving the galaxy. The same things we do each day." He smiled and continued to walk on.

Slayn Cloak
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:43:53 PM
After catching his breath the Dark Jedi pulled himself away from the wall he had slumped against. The creature that had taken residence in this temple was terribly evil. It had absolutely no consciousness and must had been some kind of beast. Just a small touch of the creatures mind had almost demented Slayn, and drew out a huge level of strength. Almost a half cycle of this planet had occurred since Slayn had set himself against this wall for support, and only now had he regained full composure.

I should probably avoid trying to enter that thing's mind. What a horrible creature, completely without sentience and yet... so evil. I must learn more about this beast.

Just as Slayn had begun to think about this new opportunity he became aware of something coming down the corridor behind him. Slayn wasn't exactly in the mood for anyones nonsense but didn't have time to hide before a large Ithorian amerced from the low lit background of the hallway. The Ithorian's voice was deep and seemed assertive as he grumbled on in his native tongue. Slayn couldn't understand him as it was a more arcaic form of there language; thought it was of no consequence, Slayn wasn't in the mood.

Slayn spoke with authority and tore into the Ithorians mind, he doubted that it could understand basic, but it could still feel. Slayn pushed fear into the beings mind, filling it with a need for escape and reminder of mortality.

"This is death..."

He pushed all of his energy into the area filling it with the scent of power... it wasn't long before the Ithorian lost interest in conversation.

At this point Slayn realized he may have pushed a little to hard, and that this may actually draw more attention. Unfortunately this was unavoidable; he didn't see a reason to kill the Ithorian there was probably a reason for him to be on the surface.

Shade Magus
Nov 29th, 2004, 05:02:08 AM
Shade stopped dead in his tracks and turned to his left, motioning for Rogan to stop. There it was again, but did he imagine it that time?

"Did you feel that?"

OOC/ so sorry it has taken so long but I've been busy with some things...hope you guys can still bear with me :)

Rognan Dar
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:34:33 AM
Rognan stopped and looked at Shade. He did feel something. But with all the life and activity that was in the jungle, he did not notice it or think it very much different. But it was there. Something was.

"My senses are not as good as yours. What do you think it is?"

Shade Magus
Dec 11th, 2004, 10:27:42 AM
"I'm not sure, but it might be the answer to our problems down here. Let's go check it out," the Jedi said as he turned to move in the direction of the energy he was feeling.

Rognan Dar
Dec 11th, 2004, 02:37:05 PM
"After you," Rog said as he followed Shade. His feelings about this mission were only getting worse as they continued on. What might have been a easy explanation for the disapearences of the Ithorians, was now turned into some kind of plot, and that someone - or soemthing - evil was behind it all.

Shade Magus
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:15:38 PM
Shade and Rogan continued their trek deeper into the jungle. He pushed foilage out of the way as he walked. He might have made conversation with Rogan, but this disturbance he had felt had silenced any comments he would be making.

And hour later they came to a small clearing that lead to a temple. Shade stopped and looked it up and down. This is where is feelings where emmintating from, but from here it didn't look all that dangerous.

"Well I guess this is the place. I think we should try and find a way in. You go around one side and I'll follow the other side. Yell if you find anything ok?"

Rognan Dar
Dec 12th, 2004, 01:33:21 PM
"Or yell if I am in trouble? I got ya."

Rognan went off right away and started circling the temple to the left, disapearing behind the corner. There was not much to see about this temple. Clearly it was old and was not used much. The growth of plants and wildlife could been seen all over it. Vines grew up its side and spread everywhere. Its stone surface looked like it was once smooth. And, if the overgrowth was trimmed down, he was sure that it was quite a site to see.

As he circled around he could not find anything. Higher up there looked to be some sort of window. Or maybe it was just a opening. But it was high up, near the top of the temple. If that was the only way in then they could make it. But there had to be a better way in.

Slayn Cloak
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:31:23 PM
Slayn was deep withing the catacombs of this temple, part of him may have been trying to hide; but he had convinced himself that this was an important hunt. Unfortunately the Dark Jedi had no idea where he was, these tunnels could confuse anyone, and the creature wasn't exactly easy to hunt. The wake of its power could be felt everywhere, it was somewhat bewildering and made Slayn incapable of honing in on it.

There was something however, after him perhaps. He couldn't quite explain it, but there was something odd happening here...

Shade Magus
Dec 13th, 2004, 11:26:40 AM
Shade had rounded the second corner of his side of the temple, and still found no door near the ground. He continued scanning the side of the monument and then as he walked past the middle of this section he noticed an opening in the side. It was prehaps twice his height. Not far, but it would be tricky getting in there.

"Hey Rogan! I think I found something over here!" He yelled while taking a closer examination of the stone walls. Prehaps there was a way to climb up the temples. He ran his hands over the surface and noticed a few places to nestles his fingers in, but he'd rather wait for Rogan before trying to climb up and slipping.

Rognan Dar
Dec 13th, 2004, 07:55:22 PM
Rognan came jogging around the corner and made his way to Shade's side. He looked to where Shade was looking and examined it before commenting.

"Well, it looks sound enough. There was nothing on the other side and nothing that I could see while coming by on the backside. This looks to be the best way in for now."

Rognan could feel a presence inside the temple. Or maybe it was two, or three, or even half a dozen. The more he focused on it the more it seemed to change. It was not like it was a person as much as a feeling. A dark sense was coming from the temple. His senses were not enough to pick up much about it. But the feeling that Shade had first felt was now clearly percieved.

"You first?"

Shade Magus
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:32:54 AM
Shade took one last glance up before securing his bag around his waist.

"Sure...why not? But if I fall...catch me," he said with a smile. He put his hands up and searched for finger holds. Once he found them he pulled himself up and used his feet to look for foot holds. Once he found them he started the process all over again. A few minutes later he reached up and this time he was able to up his hands in the window. He pulled himself up onto the ledge. He smiled as he stood and brushed his hands off. "See nothing to it..ahh...ahhhhh"

While he had turned to talk to Rogan he had taken a small step back and fallen over the edge. He landed with a thud and tried to look around, but there was total darkness. He couldn't even see his hand in front of his face. No wonder he had fallen.

Rognan Dar
Dec 16th, 2004, 09:26:38 PM
Rognan watched as Shade made his way up. It looked fairly easy. The window was not up to high or he might have thought it easyer to get up by more...convienent methods. Once Shade was at the top and looking down, Rog went to the face of the wall and put his hand in the first hand hold. He was just about to give Shade a sneer at it being nothing when he was suddenly out of site.

"Shade?"

No reply. Sith-spit. Just when things were starting to look up. Rognan took a few steps back and looked up at the wall, right above the opening. He focus on that area and used the force to move him to that spot, a skill that he had been practicing when he had the time to develope it. He lifted off the ground and went through the air until his hand landed on the stonework above. He then let go of his grasp with the Force and landed, almost falling in as well.

"Shade? Are you there?"

Shade Magus
Dec 16th, 2004, 11:59:28 PM
The young man shook his head as he tried to get his eyes to focus. When he heard Rogan's voice he started. He had almost forgotten about his freind.

"Yeah, I'm down here. Watch that first step though. It can be tricky," he called up to his freind. His voice echoing slightly. "Here this should help, if you can see it."

Shade reached down and unclipped his lightsaber. He brought it up in front of him and activated the weapon. It's normally soft green glow seemed unnaturally bright in the darkness. It took his eyes a few moments to adjust to the new light.

Rognan Dar
Dec 17th, 2004, 12:33:43 AM
Rognan searched the darkness for his friend, yet he could not see him. And when he heard him reply, he was even more struck by how dark it was. He could hear him, it had to have been right below him, and he could feel his presense, which confirmed that he was below. But he would never nave thought that this place was so completely built without some kind of lighting system or even a few windows. Even the window he was standing in didn't give much light to the temple.

Then there was a sound, and a light sprang forth in the darkness. He could now see Shade clearly, but with a green glow now overcasting his face. He was even closer then he would have thought. He was expecting him to be as far as the outside floor. But he was closer. Maybe by a few feet, maybe more. He looked around the floor before jumping down.

"Are you alright?" Rog said as he helped Shade to his feet. "You know, you should be more careful when climbing through windows. Nothing good ever comes from it."