PDA

View Full Version : First step in the right direction ( Morgan)

Rhianna
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:15:50 AM
Being away from Coruscant had given Rhianna too much time to think. It had been a great diversion for her, becoming friends with Dasquian. It had helped immensley to clear her mind over the possibility that she had killed an innocent man. She would never know one way or the other, her heart told her that she had acted in the only way she could have to save the child, but something of a doubt lingered in her mind..

Well soon enough she wouldn't have time to dwell on her actions. She was going to arrive on Yavin any minute and as soon as her feet touched the ground she was going to seek out Master Evanar and see about some training to get her mind in a more positive set. Maybe she'd be really lucky and she'd be able to juggle a few different lessons and have absolutely no time for thought.

Smirking to herself, Rhianna gathered her small bag - containing only her gypsy gear, her now unused saber and a book on botany.. She had finally donned a light grey jumpsuit, in an effort to become more acclamated to her new Jedi lifestyle. She felt a tad stifled, but she would get used to it.

Stepping out of the transport and heading up into the temple, Rhianna took a deep breath and tried to let her feelings guide her in the right direction. She just hoped she didn't crash into anything!

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:26:30 PM
Morgan would have looked completely inconspicuous if he were shorter. The only indicators that he was a Jedi were the two lightsabers in thigh sheaths. A simple, light brown tunic, grey pants, and a thin grey coat would have made him dissapear in most any human spaceport.

He smiled and waved at the new arrival from the edge of the clearing. While there were landing lights, it was unpaved and grassy.

"Padawan Ravenloft?" he asked the approaching woman over the hiss of gasses from the transport.

Rhianna
Oct 25th, 2004, 01:03:57 PM
Rhianna shifted her bag on her shoulder and waved in acknowledgement. She was going to have to shout out a hello otherwise. Walking up to where her possible Master-to-be stood Rhianna gave him one of her most greatful smiles.

"Hello again, Master Evanar. Thank you again for approving my decision to come here. I already feel it will be great for me."

She resisted the urge to ask for a slew of training and duites. She didn't want to appear over eager. Instead she waited to see what he had to say.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:30:13 PM
Morgan nodded.

"Coruscant isn't for everyone. Sometimes it's just too much of everything, except for nature." he said, starting twoard the massive nearby temple that had been constructed by the Massassi long ago and gestured for her to follow.

"We'll get you settled in a room and then I'll show you around."

Rhianna
Oct 26th, 2004, 02:09:33 PM
Rhi smiled brightly and adjusted her bag on her shoulder again. "Okay. Lead on"

She couldn't seem to stop looking around at everything. Having spent the last few months on Coruscant and who knew how long before that in spaceports, she had never beheld so much..life in one area. It was enough to steal her breath away. She just couldn't keep from commenting on it, even if it made her seem like the chattering type.

"This place is so vast. I have never seen so many living things all heaped together. Its.. perfect. "

She tried to get a handle on her pleasure at being on Yavin. There would be plenty of time to sight see later.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 3rd, 2004, 10:24:33 PM
"It does have a certain charm."

The temple was only a hundred meters from the clearing, but the path wasn't perfectly straight. The pervasive temperate rainforest hid even a structure that was over 100 meters at the base and 50 meters high. A 7 meter high entrance was flanked by two steep stairs that led to the next terrace.

Inside, a long corridor led to a single massive chamber at the end. There were four seperate rooms to either side on the way.

Old military communications and tracking equipment littered the room. There were spots that had been cleared, and the room was begging to clear out some. There was a raised platform that was clear.

"This was once an Alliance base, about eighty years ago. They left in quite a hurry after the first Death Star was destroyed. This moon has a long, long history, even before the Alliance. It's very heavy equipment, so moving it has taken time. I'm trying to create an area to address everyone conviently."

At the back of the room were two side arches, which contained stairways to the next floor.

"We're all on the second floor. There are lots of empty rooms." Morgan gestured down the corridor. "Pick any one you like, so long as its empty.

Rhianna
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:23:10 AM
Nodding, Rhianna headed up the stairs. Heading down the hall, she unobtrusively peeked into room after room until she found one that seemed just right for her and had no signs of being lived in by anyone else.

She set her bag down on the bed and perched next to it. Looking around with a grin, she tried to imagine how much better the room would look after she dragged half of the outside jungle, in here. Not too bad...

"Very homey.." She flung herself back on the bed and laughed. Sittign up again, she was off running back down the hall and down the stairs to find Master Evanar. Spotting him, she walked up and nodded.

"All set."

Morgan Evanar
Dec 12th, 2004, 08:09:40 PM
"Good." Morgan apraised her again.

"I'll admit flatly: Dasquain's comminique didn't have any real information about you. I'm working blind. Please tell me a bit about yourself."

Rhianna
Dec 25th, 2004, 10:07:40 AM
"Well there isn't really much to tell.."

Rhianna looked sheepish for a minute, trying to decide what would best describe her and what she was seeking on Yavin. She should probably tell him about the incident on Tatooine as well.. But she had only just arrived and didn't want a dark cloud hanging over her just yet, so she would save that little tidbit for another time.

"I'm an orphan. Since I was a little girl I travelled around spaceports with a woman named Gerda. I earned money by reading peoples fates in the lines of their hands. I have a knack for such things, knowing certain facts and events.. Anyways, Gerda passed away recently and I sold our stand in the last 'port. I used the sum to get to Coruscant for a new beginning. That's when I met Dasquian."

She grinned recollecting the day fondly. "He happened upon me outside the Temple. So..here I am."

Rhianna left out a great deal of events. But that was the summary. The Tatooine tale could wait.. And, the other factors that kept her with the Jedi, were somewhat personal..

Morgan Evanar
Dec 29th, 2004, 10:57:36 PM
His new Padawan wasn't being entirely truthful. This could be sorted after they were more comfortable with each other.
"Right then. I'm sure we'll manage to get into greater detail later. I'm a university dropout, computer science major with a specialization in security. I sliced freelance by bypassing security systems locally to gain hard access. I had a deal go sour that led me to the Jedi. I married Master Rie Mystt a few years ago." Morgan smiled.
"I'm sure we'll run across her later."

Morgan led Rhianna back outside, and into the forest a few hundred meters. A fallen tree made an ideal makeshift bench. He sat and she did the same.

"You mentioned that you had a knack for reading people's fates." He took off a glove, revealing the claws that lay flat against the back of his hand. The Jedi master placed his hand in front of her. His palm was slightly oversized, and the fingers a bit too long. It would have fit better on someone another tenth of a meter taller.
"You don't have to read my fate, but try and tell me something about myself."

Rhianna
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:21:20 PM
She supposed that it would only be a matter of time before her talents were put to the test. The Jedi had been kind to her, shown her kindness in a way that no one else had in her long years floating around spaceports. They hadn't made a mockery of her beliefs, nor had they treated her as a spectacle. She had even grown to understand a little of their ways.

What she had percieved as her "talent" was likely more attributed to how the Force manifested in her. It seemed different in all of them in some way or another. She had begun to think that with so many talented minds and fighters in her midst that her gifts were not a concern. Secretly she had been waiting for this chance to prove herself.

She nodded and held out her hands accepting his. She had seen many, many different hands, fingers, palms, digits and claws. To see that Master Evanar was a wee bit different genetically than herself was nothing out of the ordinary. Rhianna began almost immediately.

"Well.. first things first. Long fingers are a keen indication of the articulate. It would seem when the whim takes you that you can be very skilled with words - or perhaps in your case, the language or code slicing?"

Rhianna squinted a bit. Her eyesight wasn't poor, it was merely an old habbit, lending intensity to her readings. She found the more drama she added to her interpretations, the more money was tossed her way later. Realizing she no longer needed to do this she shook her head and continued. Her fingers traced the lines in his palm as she unfolded what she saw.

"I do hate to bring up the past and bad memories, but I must say you have a rather pronounced grid pattern on the padding beneath your thumb. This is an indication of troubled past, mostly with family. I see it again the way your heart line only follows it's path for a certain amount of time, then it takes a sharp turn upward and away from your past family. It changed it's course, as if you found a new one."

Tilting her head to the side, she examined the other lines on his palm. Telling him probably things he already knew about himself, but things she couldn't possibly have known. Certain markings across main lines, marked events that shaped who a person became, and more importantly where they lay along the lines told her when those things had occured.

She took a brief glance at his fate line and flinched. For some reason she didn't want to go on. She didn't feel it was right to pry any further into Master Evanar's life. His fate would be his own until he so chose to have it put into words. She really hoped he never asked her to go on..

Morgan Evanar
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:47:26 PM
Morgan shook his head and smiled as she withdrew.
"My adoptive parents and I don't talk much, and I'm not entire sure who my mother or my father are. From the look on your face I'm going to suppose you think there are some things there I shouldn't be proud of." He said in a way someone would tell someone else an interesting fact. "You're correct, though: on many fronts. I'm a mediocre slicer, but I speak five languages fluently, and can stumble through another four without diplomatic disaster."

"As a bit of a skeptic, I've never actually met a palm reader who knew what to do with me. 'Ahh, I've never seen one like you, this will be difficult.' So on and somesuch nonsense. But you're not a palm reader, Rhianna." The Jedi Master paused for a moment, withdrawing his hand. His padawan relaxed a bit.
"You've the gift to look into the past and the future with unusual clarity, even for an experinced Jedi. Most of us do, to some degree." Tensing slightly, and then relaxing again. Normal. Normal is good.

He traced one of the more prominent lines on his palm. "I'm guessing Gerda used patterns in palms to focus your abilites. Was she as adept at readings as you are?"

Rhianna
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:34:03 PM
Smiling fondly, Rhianna shook her head.

"No, not really. She taught me the basics and after that I took over. She was much better at handling the money then doing the readings. I've been doing them since I was a small child. My only regret is that it took me this long to find a practical use for my talents. "

That wasn't entirely true either. She regretted not being able to use her talents to be able to tell more about herself. Where she came from, who her family was. Why she had been left behind in a spaceport.. Perhaps she wasn't meant to know.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:11:58 PM
Morgan nodded, but it was clear he was trying to figure out some things in his head.

"It doesn't sound like your parents were around. You grew up with this woman, then." Rhianna's upbringing was a little unusual, but not unheard of. Morgan knew of a few slicers that grew up in freighters. Most lacked formal educations but knew how to work through a space port's security better than people who worked at the space port. His new padawan probably knew all about space ports, but more about people than his slicer aquantinces.

"I have some things I want to accomplish downstairs. I wasn't expecting the transport until late afternoon. You're free to acompany me, or, if you like, you can explore the area."Morgan handed Rhianna a comlink he grabbed while showing her what was to be the meeting hall.
"Either way, you'll need that eventually. There are a few ruins that aren't very stable, and some tracts of forrest that aren't ankle friendly."

Rhianna
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:59:51 AM
Chewing at her lip nervously, Rhianna admitted what up to this point had been her biggest secret. She had others now of course, but this one she had carried far longer.

"I wouldn't know my parents if they walked past. Its not a very grand beginning, but Gerda found me, half starved and crying in a trash pile behind the Ravenloft Cafe', hence my name. I couldn't have been anymore than four years old, that was sixteen years ago. "

Not wishing to dwell on her humble beginnings, she stood and began walking.

"I don't want to get in the way on my first day here Master Evanar. I'll wander around for a while and see if I can get a sense of direction, if that's ok?"

Morgan Evanar
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:18:51 PM
"I understand."

He rubbed his chin. Morgan didn't blab about his past very much, although most of the more veteran members of the Order were mostly aware of it, and it simply wasn't discussed often. When Rhianna told him where she had started, it was a dark, scary thing for her.

"Whichever makes you more comfortable. I've planned to let you wander for the next week, mostly. If you have a question, no matter how simple or stupid it may seem, don't hesitate to ask."

AmazonBabe
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:20:24 PM
The pair had already made it back to the temple and were chatting quietly when AB came onto the scene. She was carrying a medium sized pot which sported a large magenta tumpet-like flower with small yellow and light green dots spattered on it. It's stem was thick and dark green, with feather fronds sproting from the base where the dirt was. At the neck of the large flower were thin vines, light green in color, and very curled. It had a mild and pleasant sweet perfumy odor that could be smelled before AB had even become visible in the hallway.

She came up to the pair, smiling at Morgan before looking at Rhianna. "I see you made it here safely, and I hope Master Evanar here has shown you a sutiable room?"

At that moment, a small insect buzzed between the trio, flitting close to the sweet smelling flower. Unexpectedly, the curled vines shot out, showing they were quite long and nimble, catching the insect on it's sticky skin. As soon as the insect was caught, the vine moved the meal to the opening of the flower, where the long vine disappeared down the gullet. It was there for a moment before pulling free, no insect to be found.

AB chuckled at the surprised look on the Padawan, and the raised eyebrow from Morgan. By now he knew that AB liked to experiment and bring new forms of fawna into the galaxy with her botony skills. It probably still intrigued him never the less.

She addressed Rhianna once more. "Actually, this was suppose to be a gift for you. It's quite harmless to us, but insects don't fair as well. I've begun a new batch of these lovely flowers to place in each room of the temple. While the thick stone walls do keep us cool from the jungle sun, we still get quite a variety of insects."

She looked at Morgan and smiled. "No more ichy bumps."

Rhianna
Jan 15th, 2005, 09:13:57 AM
Rhianna was speechless for a long moment. This was Master Mystt? She didn't know what she had expected, but Rhianna was nearly bowled over by the woman. She was possibly the prettiest female Rhi had ever seen. She look perfect in the middle of the jungle, like she belonged here, some rare flower that had exchanged stems for legs so it could wander about.

She nodded to the question about her having found somewhere suitable to sleep. Her room would be just fine for her. She didn't require much at all. Her attention was taken from Master Mystt, to the plant she carried. It held the padawan's attention as it seemed to be almost, cognizant. She was a firm believer in talking to plants to help them grow, but this went a tad beyond that. She half expected this one would talk back!

She watched in awe as it devoured the little insect. Listening to Master Mystt, she discovered that the little plant was for her and she smiled, finally finding her tongue.

"Thank you so much! I've just taken a recent interest in botany, myself. I will take very good care of this beauty. "

Morgan Evanar
Jan 17th, 2005, 11:46:54 AM
Morgan shook his head. "They bothered you more than me." He said, and gave his wife a kiss on the cheek.

"I'd be more worried about waking up with it on your bed, waiting for you to move." Morgan waved a finger in front of the plant, which seemed to watch, but was overall disinterested.

"Vibration and olfactor sensitive. The ones that were carbon sensitive liked eating mammals, too. Thing had rolled up to the foot of the bed like a dog at a fence. We now have a carniviorus plants in square containers rule." Rie blushed slightly.

"If you like, Rhianna, I can set it in your room so you can explore sooner."

AmazonBabe
Jan 17th, 2005, 04:34:50 PM
AB laughed at Morgans comment about the bugs bothering her more, leaning her cheek forward to allow him to place a peck there. "I should probably change my shampoo then. I think they like the sweet smell."

At the mention of the larger carnivorous breed she had created, AB cleared her throat. "Yes, well, I guess I did get a wee bit carried away with the plants to take care of the rodents." She smiled again. "At least we don't have a rodent problem anymore."

She held out the pot as Morgan took it, offering to place it in Rhianna's room. "I promise though that this one is only interested in insects. Tiny ones at that." Morgan took it, and she winked at him. "They also lack the tiny thorn-like teeth the snapping ones had."

She looked back at Rhianna. "Would you like me to show you the garden I have started with the help of Ryla?" She chuckled. "Obviously the jungle itself is like a huge garden to play in, but I like to arrange and create one of my own."

"Perhaps I can even help you with your studies in botany."

Rhianna
Jan 18th, 2005, 08:37:15 PM
"I think both things sound lovely. The garden and your help with my studies. "

Rhianna couldn't hide her blatant eagerness to plunge right into her new life. Aside from learning the require how-to's for being a Jedi, it seemed she would get to indulge her whims for the plant world as well. Everything just seemed to be falling into place for her.

And it maybe seemed that aside from Dasquian, she may have picked up a few more friends along the way as well.

"That is, if Master Evanar dosen't mind..?" She had already been given leave to go off on her own, but she thought it courteous to ask.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:24:23 AM
"Not at all." Morgan said with a smile.

"I'm going to go work on the meeting hall."

AmazonBabe
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:05:06 PM
AB blossomed with a large smile, always happy to share her findings and teachings with another interested in botany. "Excellent!"

She looked at Rhianna, gesturing for her to follow. "I'll take you first to the greenhouse I have created. It's small, but the best place for me to come up with some new variety of flora."

As the two red heads walked out, AB looked over her shoulder at Morgan. "We'll be back in for supper." She blew him a kiss before she rounded the corner.

Once in the hall, the two Jedi made their way down it, before turning into another hall, and then down a flight of stairs. The stairs led to another hall, this one shorter, which spilled them into a moderately sized room made of glass and attached to the side of the temple.

AB looked about as they entered the green house, taking in a breath of the warm humid air. "Morgan helped me build it, and Ryla helped me cultivate it with different species of plants we found in the jungle outside. I'm studying them to understand Yavin IV a little more. So much happened on this planet; it's full of wonderful memory, and dark pasts..."

Rhianna
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:42:15 AM
"It's beautiful.. Definately work to be proud of."

Her words were sincere. As she looked around, Rhianna reaffirmed to herself that it had been a wise choice coming to Yavin. She took a few shy steps around leaning over to more closely examine some of the plants that had been carefully cultivated.

"Are these all Yavin natives, or did you bring some of them along from other places?"

AmazonBabe
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:02:18 PM
"100% Yavin natives. The only ones you will find that are not exactly natives are the ones I have created utilizing spores and DNA from the various flora here." She shrugged. "I guess you could consider them children of what grows on this planet."

She gestured towards one plant. It's leaves were round save for the tip which tappered into a sharp point. At the tip of the point was a thorn, small and unobtrusive to the look of the plant. The plant, as a whole was bright green in color, spotted throughout with light cream-colored specs, as if someone had taken a paint brush and lightly splattered it. "This one is a mix between that one," She pointed to a cream colored plant with long thin leaves, "And that one." She pointed to another with large broad leaves in a dark, almost black color.

She smiled. "You get interesting things when you experiment, and more times than not, those hybrids that are created end up being more beautiful then their parents."

Rhianna got close to look at the plant and AB put a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Just don't get close to the thorn. Seems the mixture of saps between the two plants created a poisonous thorn. Nothing fatal, but it does inflict a nasty rash located near where the thorn would prick you. Just a bit of an annoyance."

Rhianna
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:00:54 AM
"Wow! I don't know what to say. I'm a bit behind on the times from living in a junk heap of a space port for so long, but to be completely honest..? I didn't know it was possible to do the things you have shown me so far, and I somehow know that this is only the begining, right?"

Rhianna continued to wander examining the plants, each one seemed to make her more and more excited and eager to learn. "I've been doing some studying and it would seem my interests run towards cultivating plants and herbs for medicinal and herbal properties. I'm sure your blending of plant spieces would be a considerable jump on creating new medicines, poultices, infusions.. its really quite endless."

AmazonBabe
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:19:05 PM
AB smiled. "Indeed it is."

She looked around her in silence and then at Rhianna as she wondered through the greenhouse. "I think the schedule in training you will go something like this: Master Evanar will take care of Force basics and the like, while I can teach you the healing and medicinal abilities through the Force."

Rhianna
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:50:51 PM
Stopping and turning around, her chin dropped a notch in silent thanks. Rhianna glanced up and took a more serious attitude for a moment.

"I would be honored. When can I begin?"

AmazonBabe
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:06:09 PM
"Any time you're ready." She cocked her head slightly. "Of course, if you'd like to take some time alone to aquaint yourse;f with your new home, we caa most certainly start tomorrow."

She smiled. "Some rest after your trip probably wouldn't hurt either."

Rhianna
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:33:58 AM
"To be completely honest, all I have done lately is rest. I am more than eager to begin. Of course if you have other things to do, I understand. I can wander on my own.."

She stopped, both chattering and walking and sniffed at the air. There was a sticky sweet smell. She tried to locate the source but couldn't. Laughing she inquired of her hostess.

"Is there a peculiar smell in here all of the sudden..?"

AmazonBabe
Mar 7th, 2005, 12:17:23 PM
AB smiled, tapping her nose. "You have a good sense of smell, Rhianna."

She made her way to an unassuming, plain tree. It was perhaps a foot or two taler than her, with a thin brown trunk that srpouted into several branches at the top that hosted small dull green leaves. For all intents and purposes, it was very unnatractive... save for one detail. It's blooms.

The small flowers were bright, bright orange with pink centers, and let off a sweet perfume.

"What your smelling is coming from this tree here. It blooms once a year for about a week. The rest of the time it's very plain. You just happen to come on the week it decided to give us some pretty flowers." She turned to look at the Padawan. "The slight breeze in here from the vents must have wafted the sent towards you."

Rhianna
Mar 10th, 2005, 01:44:03 PM
"Wow, talk about good timing." Rhianna smiled.

The tree was very pretty but the blooms seemed quite strong to Rhianna's senses. Perhaps dried and blended with other blossoms to tone it down a bit it would more pleasing to her senses. Although that seemed hard to do when the tree only bloomed annually.

Aware that she had zoned out for a minute pondering the tree, Rhianna stifled a yawn. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to let my mind wander that way. I think you may be right, I think rest could be in order."

"How about you tell me when we can begin and I'll try to contain my eagerness until then..?"

AmazonBabe
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:33:28 PM
"Absolutely." AB smiled.

"Go get your rest. There will be plenty of time to learn and experiment."