PDA

View Full Version : Vacation of Sorts (Open)

Vishan Korogoth
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:46:07 PM
Vishan swivelled the barstool around and rested his arms against the counter, half smiling and looking about the bar. It was nice being back on Coruscant for a short break since his training had taken him to Yavin. His master, Soolin, had taken a personal sabbatical and the Padawan had decided to visit the planet that changed his life. For years he traveled aimlessly throughout the galaxy with no direction. It was until the Force landed him here, at this bar, on this planet, that he had found the path he was to walk. Soolin had subtly nudged him in the direction of the Jedi. All Vishan had to do was wake up and realize where he was meant to be.

The months of training had been quite difficult, but also kind to him. His skin had tanned nicely and the physical workouts that Soolin had put him through and built up his muscle and stamina. His senses had become sharp, his reflexes swift... and that was before Vishan was taught anything through the Force. Soolin believed that to become fully attuned to what the Force offered you, your mind and body had to become pure in order to receive its gifts.

To further his training, he had even given up on alcohol. Tea was his new drink of choice and a cup of it was steaming behind him. One thing that hadn't changed was his attire. He still wore the same leather gear as always. Well, there was one slight difference. This time he had his blaster pistol at his right side and on the other, there hung a lightsabre. Now that he was a member of the Jedi Order, he was allowed to wear his weapons inside the bar.

That didn't really matter to him. He was just happy that Soolin didn't require any dress code. Was one of the things he liked about Soolin's training. It wasn't the clothes that made the Jedi. It was his heart.

Daerlayne
Oct 24th, 2004, 12:02:13 PM
He'd spent the past few weeks more or less on his own as far as exploring the grounds of the GJO, heard many stories, met some people, but there was still that lingering sense of not belonging. He couldn't put a finger on it, and it was likely just due to his years as being a street rat that kept him feeling that way. After all, not many would cross the street to say hello when you dwell in the lower city of Coruscant. No, most people stayed as far away from you as possible, in less they were trying to kill you.

For this reason, he wasn't too surprised that he was given more than a few glares and a bit of a hassle when trying to enter the Bar. He hadn't changed his attire from the usual, though he never had dressed like many that dwelled down there. He'd always tried to at least put off a more respectable appearance, as long as the credits allowed it.

After finally convincing those at the door that he was unarmed, and that he honestly did just want to come in, sit and relax a bit, they let him in. Though he could still feel a few pairs of eyes watching his every move. Someday, perhaps he could shake that proverbial monkey from his back. Someday.

But for now, he had a few other things to work out. Like Cassandra, who just now got finished accusing him of joining a cult. He'd explained high and low where he was and what he was doing and that the Jedi were not a cult, but she was scared and hated the fact that he was gone and well, she didn't listen. Perhaps someday she would understand what he was doing, what the Jedi were. Someday. For now, she considered them a cult. Typical.

On a brighter note, he had been able to tinker on a few speeders during his off-time, something to keep his mind occupied and something to make him feel normal. He hadn't felt that way for a while now, considering all the changes. He was still uncertain whether he was making the right choice in his current avenue of pursuit, but something in his heart told him that it was right. Until he could control his little 'outbursts,' he was a danger. Both to himself and those around him.

He'd never been in this place before, and thus letting his gaze roam around the interior, he found it best to make note of where things were. Namely alternate exits. A habit of his, but one that wasn't necessarily bad. Making sure to be out of the way, he continued to look around a bit, either deciding on where to sit or simply deciding on whether or not to stay.

Vishan Korogoth
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:11:02 PM
"Here you go, Vish."

He felt a plate being pushed against the side of his arm. Barkeep was trying to get his attention.

"Lunch as ordered."

Vishan turned around and took off the red and leather jacket he was wearing, setting it to the side on the counter.

"T'anks." His stomach growled approvingly at the smell of mixed vegetables and whipped potatoes. Vishan wasn't in the mood for meat and wanted a lighter lunch. "Smells good as usual. Nice ta know th' place ain't change much."

"True." The overweight human behind the counter was cleaning a glass, "Where's that pretty lady of yours you were hanging with before?"

A sour look was prominate upon his features. "Yeah well," he swallowed the food in his mouth and washed it down with a sip of tea. "Soolin ain't around right now. Not sure for how long either. She went on ah walkabout tha' her clan use ta do. She left me ta fend for myself for awhile, pleased wit how my trainin's progressed. Nice being back an' all. Get ta do t'ings on me own for awhile."

The barkeep leaned over the counter and looked Vishan squarely in the eye, not convinced at the tone of the Padawan's voice that he was actually happy with his current situation, "But you miss her. Right?"

He stabbed at his food somberly, "Yeah. Ah do. A lot."

Daerlayne
Oct 29th, 2004, 07:43:56 PM
Ah, yes, an entire room full of people that he didn't know. Something that was becoming more common for him of late. At least on the streets he knew people, and better than that, they knew him. Then again, that was the reason for him getting away from the grounds a bit more, so that maybe he could meet some new people.

He didn't feel too comfortable, either, with the eyes that were still on him. As if they were sizing him up, or judging him. Either way, he didn't like it, but there was little that could be done at this point. Just to deal with it.

And so the young man makes his way further through the crowd and to an empty seat at the bar. He wouldn't stay long, but something to drink and perhaps a bit to eat would help. At least he would feel a bit more normal.

Vishan Korogoth
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:34:26 PM
"Yeah, I knew it. You're soft on her."

Vishan chuckled and slapped the countertop, "Now you've lost your mind. There's nuthin' o'tha' sort goin' on between us. We're jus' good friends. An' besides, she's my Master, man. Tha' jus' ain't right."

The bartender laughed and shook his head, "That's what everyone says at first."

"Bah, you're nuts."

"Uh huh. Now tell me you don't find her attractive."

The Padawan timed a mouthful of food to avoid that answer. The bartender simply shook his head and smiled, having his statement confirmed. "Well, I'll leave you to your meal. And don't worry. She'll be back."

As the barkeep walked off to fill another order, Vishan sighed, wondering if that were true. He had a weird sense that maybe Soolin wasn't coming back, for whatever reason. There were no guarantees in the universe. All Vishan could do was hope that the Force would bring his Master back to him.

Daerlayne
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:58:27 PM
If Daerlayne had been able to overhear the other conversation, it may have prompted him to go speak to the man. Then again, likely not. He wasn't the most out-going type in the world, considering that he generally didn't want to converse with those that surrounded him. Lately, though, with the newer crowd that he was around, he figured that should change.

But he didn't overhear it, and thus was left with his own thoughts about a different woman. A woman and his 'cult.' Those same thoughts are interrupted briefly as a server comes over, and Daerlayne gave his order and before much longer, a glass was placed before him. A simple smile and nod of thanks accompanied by the credits to pay for the drink were enough to get the server on her way again.

The young man did finally look around the room a bit more, searching for any sign of a familiar face, though came up empty. It was times like these that still made him question if his decision had been worth it. A long while he had lived in the GJO grounds, with little to show for it. Perhaps he had made a mistake in joining them. Perhaps he could have simply made do with his little outbursts, the same outbursts that prompted him to seek out the Jedi.

Just the same, at the worst he would find out that it was something else. Though that he doubted. They would not have admitted him if it was not the Force that he contained within him, even if he had no knowledge of how to use it or control it. It was simply a matter of patience - something that he did not particularly excel in - to wait until his training began, to learn how to control his abilities. And his emotions. And not to allow the two to battle within him.

For now, he waits.

Vishan Korogoth
Nov 11th, 2004, 12:44:05 PM
Vishan wasn't sure how long he had stopped eating his food. He found himself staring into his plate, unmoving. By how stiff his arm was from holding his fork, it had to have been stuck in that position for awhile now. He was rather digusted at himself for acting like this and flipped the fork onto the plate, pushing it aside. Soolin would have scolded him for brooding over her like this.

He arched his back and stretched his arms outwards to loosen himself up, feeling his muscles protest against the strain. A few cracks and pops made some of the tension release but he still felt the weight of his situation forcing him to hunch over the table again.

The barkeep returned back towards the side of counter and rolled his eyes at Vishan, taking away his dishes. "Want more tea?"

The Padawan shrugged out a yes. What he really needed was a way to refocus his efforts and return to training. Unfortunately, there were no Masters right now to take him under their wing until Soolin returned. Then there was the probelm of not really wanting another Master. He rather just wait it out, but what would he do with all of his free time besides make certain that the Temple's cargo ships and shuttles were in pristine condition. If he knew more people within the Temple, he might be able to do something with the other Padawans.

He hated this. He felt just as lost and directionless before Soolin found him. What was worse is that he wondered if he had attached himself to his Master so much that he would ever continue on with his training...

Daerlayne
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:53:53 PM
And then there was the flipside to that coin. An apparent padawan that had received no training at all and at present, could not even name one that might be considered his master. He stared a long moment into the glass that must have been water since it left little to no taste in his mouth when he drank it. Perhaps it was simply his mood taking away those simple pleasures in life.

He had hoped that by seeking out the Jedi that he would feel a part of something, to gain guidance and a straighter path on which to follow through life. Thus far, he had only found emptiness. An emptiness that only got larger with each passing day. And sitting in this bar, each passing moment.

Vishan Korogoth
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:45:37 AM
Vishan shoved at the counter, suddenly standing up. This brooding of his was making him antsy. He didn't like the direction where his thoughts were heading, spiraling into despair. Such emotions were not befit a Jedi.

"Later, man." The Padawan flipped a few creds onto the counter and began to make his way to the door. He did notice that he attacted some attention from his behavior, but most shrugged it off and went back to their meals.

Daerlayne
Nov 21st, 2004, 08:58:18 PM
He was one of those that glanced over at Vishan and would have likely disregarded it just as easily until he caught an actual glimpse of the man. Recognized? Likely not but something wasn't entirely right. Still, Daerlayne simply reached for his glass to take another tasteless sip from it, muttering to himself. "Must be contagious..."

Of course, what Daerlayne didn't fully realize was the fact that he was able to pick up a bit on the Force that was centered around Vishan. For Daer, it was the same uneasy feeling that he got when he had encountered his own abilities unknowingly.

Vishan Korogoth
Nov 22nd, 2004, 05:50:21 PM
There were some mumbled good-byes heard as Vishan left, but his answer was only the door slamming.

He didn't make it to far away from the bar when he paused, shaking his head at himself for being an idiot. Soolin would definitely beat him senseless for acting so helpless.

Leaning on the side of the building, Vishan opened up one of the pockets in his jacket and pulled out a pack of cigs. It was a bad habit, one in which Soolin thought to rid him of, that started back when he was in the military academy back on Corellia. He tried quitting on and off throughout the years, but he always found himself going back to them. He lit the cigarette and took a long drag, staring up into the kilometers of speeders and ships. The sky was just as crowded as his thoughts, but no where near any direction.

Daerlayne
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:07:40 PM
Another tasteless swallow and the young Jedi hopeful slid the glass back across the bartop, eyeing the door once again. Granted, he didn't know the guy, but if they were both in a similar boat for moods, perhaps the man would be another that Daerlayne would find some common ground with. Couldn't hurt to try, after all.

Nodding his thanks to the server, Daer rose from his stool and made his way through the crowd towards the door. Pointedly, he ignored a couple stares that came his way, likely someone that recognized him from his underground days. Of course, there was no proof of anything that he did.

Reaching the door, he shoulders it open with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his pants. Glancing from one way to the other, he spots the ill-tempered patron and heads towards him, noting that odd sensation that was attributed to his sensitivity to the Force.

"Those'll kill you, y'know..."

Vishan Korogoth
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:58:26 PM
He was in the middle of another drag when a curious eye turned towards Deerlayne's way and Vishan pulled the cigarette away from his lips, "Yeah, considerin' things with me, yer prolly right."

A jet of smoke blew out the side of his mouth and wondered what was up with this kid, "Ah'm outside at least. No one can complain too much. 'Cept you, kid if yer 'ere ta do tha'."

Daerlayne
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:42:21 AM
"Me? Nah, not gonna matter to me either way what you do, barring you shooting me or something of that sort. Just might have to object to that."

His words were stated almost matter-of-factly, as if perhaps it really wouldn't have bothered him. Could just have been the mood. Who knows?

"Didn't mean to intrude on your day. You just seem to be in the same sort of temperament as I currently am, and I wondered if it was something in the drinks in that place. Ever have one of those days when you just don't feel like you belong where you are?"

Vishan Korogoth
Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:23:12 PM
"Ha... me shoot ya. Tha's funny." He patted his side-arm. "Girl never gets taken out unless it's warranted, friend."

Vishan nodded his head while listening to the kid. A lot of what he said was true and he flicked the cigarette away, exhaling the last puff of smoke from his lungs, "Not sure wha's buggin ya, buy yeah. Been one of those days. Been one of those days for quite some time for me, anyway at least."

Daerlayne
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:41:35 PM
"Moved away from my old one about three months ago, I've talked to three people since I've moved and yeah, my girlfriend thinks that I joined a cult. I think about sums up what's bugging me."

All was stated matter-of-factly, especially the bit about the cult. It would almost be amusing the lack of emotion in his voice as he stated it, the dry delivery.

"Tried getting something in there, but it all pretty much comes up tasteless. I imagine things'll look up eventually."

Vishan Korogoth
Dec 7th, 2004, 08:51:30 PM
Vishan narrowed his eyes and wondered what the hell the kid was talking about. "Wha'?" He gave the kid a wayward look like a father would give his son when he said something out of character. "Wha' do ya mean a cult?" Then it hit him. "Th' Jedi? Are ya talkin' about th' Jedi? Ah mean, Ah don't t'ink they're tha' bad bu' some o'them give me th' creeps. Why Ah train on Yavin mostly."

Daerlayne
Dec 18th, 2004, 12:49:18 PM
"I haven't started much training yet, myself. Only talked to a few people so far. I thought it would be a good idea to join...find some answers to a couple of questions, but I'm finding myself with more questions and no answers at all. Kinda frustrating, you know?"

And it was, something that he had not really anticipated, but such was life. Was he having second thoughts? Absolutely. Would he change his mind and leave? Who knows.

"So, why are you back here if you train on Yavin? On break or something?"

Vishan Korogoth
Dec 19th, 2004, 04:47:37 PM
"Eh, my Master's on sabatical. Kinda left ta fend for myself till she gets back. " Or if she gets back... He added silently to himself. "Kinda got bored on Yavin an' wanted ta come back ta th' big city for some rest an' fun. Problem is...Ah either find more trouble or do nuthin' bu' fix ships all day. Haven't done any trainin' since comin' here so Ah hear ya loud an' clear on tha' friend."

Daerlayne
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:09:01 PM
"I haven't done much of anything yet. The only other person here that I've talked to shipped off to some other planet to continue training. I may end up down working on repairing speeders if I manage to stick around long enough."

Which wasn't seeming very likely at this point since this one didn't seem to be in any better position than him. Even after training they're dropped like bad habits, it seems. Not something that was really gaining points for Daerlayne. Not by far.

Vishan Korogoth
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:34:34 PM
"Yeah well, Ah know how ya feel. Jus' my Master had some personal t'ings ta attend to. Was part of her clan an' Ah respect tha' considerin' she's th' only one left alive of it."

Then he laughed a bit. "Hey, Ah could always use an extra set of hands down in th' hangers." Vishan elbowed the kid playfully on the shoulder to lighten his sour puss face.

Daerlayne
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:08:33 PM
"Perhaps. I imagine that I still have a few things to decide in the coming days."

Or minutes, he added mentally. This wasn't exactly giving him any rays of sunshine supporting his decision. He doubted that he would find anything...any sort of enlightenment anytime real soon.

Vishan Korogoth
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:59:30 PM
"Really?" Vishan casted a curious glance down at Daerlayne. "Ya dun sound like ya need ta make up your mind."

Daerlayne
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:16:07 PM
"Maybe I don't in theory. Perhaps it's simply a matter of convincing my entire body of the decision that my mind has made. I guess I just thought it would be more involved to be here, not all this time simply wandering and waiting."

Seemed fair enough. He was a rather impatient sort, always had been. It could be that his expectations for this were different. Maybe a bit too high. One thing was certain, and that was that in his mind, the sacrifice he was making was not worth it. Perhaps a phase, but this was getting rather lengthy.

Vishan Korogoth
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:15:50 PM
"Well, gotta do what's right for yerself." He shrugged, "Really all one can do an' if bein' here is keepin' ya down, well ... either ya do somethin' about it an' make it work, or ya move on. Gotta be your decision tho."

Now as wise as those words that came out of his mouth, he started to wonder if he should heed them as well. Maybe he should stop being so complacent and go out and find Soolin.

Daerlayne
Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:34:16 PM
He agreed completely with the man, though having listened to the rest of the conversation, wondered if this was one of those 'do as I say, not as I do' sort of things. Either way, it was helping Daerlayne come to a decision. He could always get his job back down at the docks, perhaps be able to save up enough credits to get them off of this planet. He didn't know where he'd go, where him and Cassandra might be better off, but at this point, anything was better than here.

"You work on speeders down there or you work on bigger stuff? At the hangars, I mean."

Working on the speeders thus far had been the only thing keeping him around. Perhaps if he learned enough he would be able to get a better job elsewhere, one that actually paid him. Then, perhaps he could leave.

Vishan Korogoth
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:48:44 AM
"Huh?" Vishan hadn't realized that his thoughts had consumed so much that he forgot he wasn't alone. "Oh right. Well, dependin' on wha' they need, yeah. Mostly speeders an' stuff like tha'. If their shorthanded, Ah always dun mind helpin' out with th' bigger stuff. Usually refuelin' an' simple maintance."

He threw the kid a grin, "Wan' me to put in ah good word for ya? Haven't been doin' it for tha' long bu' Ah gots some pull after doin' the manager a huge favor recently."