PDA

View Full Version : Not your average glow-stick (Telexia)

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:32:34 PM
Wei Wu Wei stood, as he always did before saber lessons, in the middle of the room with a saber in his hand. With a press of a button, it sprang to life and a beam of sea green light shot out of the handle.

The Knight slashed hoizontally. It was a quick strike, not at all meant to do more than scratch. Then he cut vertically. The attack was more forceful this time.

The weapon spun in his hand, blocking left, low, high, and coming down on an invisible opponent's head.

It was always good to warm up before teaching. What good would his lesson be otherwise?

Telexia would be arriving soon. "Soon we shall pick up on your training where we left off."

Telexia Xio
Oct 12th, 2004, 11:15:16 AM
Telexia is happy. She's getting training in the Force. She's got a wonderful Master and wonderful friends. And she's very much alive. That's always a good way to start the day. And today is going to get even better.

She's currently standing outside the door of the training room which she's going to be learning in today. She takes a deep breath before opening the door and stepping into the room.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 12th, 2004, 12:21:59 PM
The teacher shut down his saber as Telexia entered the room.

"Good morning, Padawan. Today we go over combat basics with the lightsabers. You'll be learning Form I today, and later on if you want you can learn other lightsaber forms."

Wei reached for his belt and unclipped a lightsaber from it. "Today you will be using a practice saber. It acts just like a normal lightsaber, only it does not cut."

He tossed it to Telexia. the handle was longer than the normal lightsaber to make room for the forcefield technology involved in the creation of the practice saber's blade.

"Now, activate your saber and stand in front of me."

Telexia Xio
Oct 13th, 2004, 10:12:40 AM
"Good Morning Master."

Telexia catches the training saber and looks at it for a moment. She then activates it and stands infront of Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 13th, 2004, 10:30:09 AM
"Firstly, we'll go over the basic stance."

The teacher took up the body posture and held his lightsaber in front of him.

"Feet about shoulder width apart, dominant foot out in front, toes pointing forward. Your toes should also be pointing forward on your rear foot as well. Keep your knees bent. Now, hold the saber in both hands for now, keeping your dominant hand higher on the hilt than the other. The tip of the blade should line up with your opponent's nose."

Wei, being left-handed, kept his left foot in front and his left hand higher than his right hand. The saber tilted away from his body at about a 45 degree angle and from his point of view, just managed to block out her nose.

"This is just a basic stance. There's not much to it, but that's what makes it basic. You'll learn several other postures if you choose to pursue the other lightsaber forms. Now, let's see you take up your stance."

Telexia Xio
Oct 13th, 2004, 10:42:46 AM
Telexia listens to the instructions and then goes to follow them. Her right foot is forward, knees bent, right hand higher on the handle. The blade at about a 45 degree angle from her body.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 13th, 2004, 12:24:44 PM
Wei relaxes out of his stance and circles the Padawan, checking to make sure everything is like it should be. "Very good job."

He resumed his fighting posture in frnot of her. "Now, let's go over blocking systems."

Wei turned around so his back was to her. "Just mimic me."

It was a simple 6 move blocking system: His saber moved up and to the right, up and to the left, middle right, middle left, down and right, and lastly, down and left.

"Always try to angle your saber in such a way that the opponent's weapon slides off yours and out of harm's way. The idea is to use your opponent's energy to not only stop the attack, but redirect it."

Telexia Xio
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:55:47 AM
Telexia nods her head slightly as she goes to mimic Wei, up and to the right, up and to the left, middle right, middle left, down and right, and lastly, down and left.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:01:58 AM
Wei nodded. "Good. Now, there are times when your opponent won't try to cut you. Instead, he or she will try to stab you. Remember to step out of the way, and knock the opponent's weapon to the side."

He closed a little with Telexia. "Stab at me, and watch what I do."

Telexia Xio
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:50:18 AM
Telexia frowns slightly but goes to stab at Wei, not putting alot of effort behind the stab though.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:47:39 PM
Wei took his stance and moved forward into the attack, smacking his blade against Telexia's so her saber moved away from him.

"Notice how I greeted your attack, and also see how my saber hasn't moved. Now I can follow up with a quick attack. It does not help to hit the opponent's weapon away if your weapon is displaced as much as the adversary's."

The teacher stepped backward. "Now, when you get settled, let me know. Then it will be your turn to try."

Telexia Xio
Nov 17th, 2004, 11:30:42 AM
Telexia nods after a moment to let Wei know that she's ready.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 17th, 2004, 11:37:31 AM
Wei thrusted the tip of the blade at her midsection in a slow, crisp motion. Telexia had time to wrap her mind around what she was doing.

Telexia Xio
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:51:52 AM
Telexia notes that Wei is thrusting with his lightsaber, but she freezes, not moving her training saber to block and doesn't move out of the way.

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 15th, 2004, 04:52:55 PM
Wei did not move his saber an inch. Instead he pulled back, poking her lightly in the stomach with the tip of the practice saber's forcefield blade.

"Good thing these sabers do not cut or pierce. You would be dead right now. So what happened? You tensed up and didn't move a muscle."

Telexia Xio
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:17:08 PM
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freeze up like that. I don't know why I did though."

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:13:24 PM
"Well, let's try it again. Ready?" Wei asked her.

Telexia Xio
May 18th, 2005, 07:20:56 PM
Telexia nods her head slightly.

"I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be."

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 09:26:32 PM
Wei drew back slowly like he did the last time, giving his Padawan plenty of time to react to the practice weapon.

Telexia Xio
May 18th, 2005, 09:43:47 PM
Telexia, as Wei draws back, drops the training saber, a look of horror appears on her face as her eyes grow distant. She slowly turns around as if she's looking around her, but not seeing what is there. Setana, her homeworld, the sun rises, lifting the darkness left by the night. In the light, destruction is revealed. Mass graves have been dug and the dead buried there. Ashes still smolder from the fires that ravaged the city, her hometown. Faces appear and disappear, some remain, but faint. As she turns around, she sees the extent of the destruction. Children hungry and cold and have no parents. Some dead still lay around.

She drops to her knees, tears streaming down her face as the vision fades from her sight.

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 09:51:41 PM
Wei dropped his saber and ran a hand through his hair. "More visions," he muttered. Wei couldn't think of a single training session that had ever run smoothly while training his particular Padawan.

"Whoever is giving you these nightmares needs to quit," Wei thought and kneeled to check on Telexia.

"What's the matter, girl? What happened? What did you see this time?" Wei asked, sounding concerned.

Telexia Xio
May 18th, 2005, 10:00:09 PM
Telexia takes a couple of deep breaths before she starts talking.

"My homeworld, specifically, my hometown. It's gone. If not now, then soon. Most of them are gone, killed. There was a fire."