PDA

View Full Version : Continuing on the Renewed Path

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 6th, 2004, 06:44:07 PM
Navaria was kneeling upon the floor of a small training room, eyes closed, presumingly meditating. There were soft cushions available, but the Knight had not opted for them. She often preferred this position for meditation out of habit and comfort. It was one of the very few traits that was still left over from Dalethria.

To her side was a book and datapad. Her outer brown cloak was hung on a hook upon the wall, leaving her lightsabre visible.

Andúril
Oct 7th, 2004, 12:52:26 AM
Andúril walked silently in the room.He noticed she was in meditation and stopped. After a while he bowed. 'You summoned me master,' he said.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:27:45 PM
"Yes," she replied quickly, her eyes continuing to remain close. "Please have a seat." As her pupil walked by her, Navaria opened her eyes and nodded out fo respect towards her student. "I've been catching up on your record. Seems you have been well trained at the art of sabre combat."

Andúril
Oct 8th, 2004, 01:04:43 AM
Andúril sat down by his master and took up a meditive position. "Yes," he replied. "Fighting with sabres has been a sort of past time with my family.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 10th, 2004, 04:07:39 PM
"Past time?" This was interesting. "Would you mind explaining further. please?"

Andúril
Oct 11th, 2004, 12:57:35 AM
"Well, in our society, combat training was seen as an essential part of warfare within the ruling family. The king would always ride to war, leading the people. Traditionally, the lightsabre was used as the weapon of choice, so my family were all trained in the art of using a lightsabre from a very young age."

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:32:40 PM
"It must be strange coming from such a background and finding yourself in a situation that treats the use of a lightsabre different. How has the transition been for you?"

Andúril
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:34:23 AM
"Relatively easy, actually. Though my planet was not one of the central systems, jedi did come there from time to time. In speaking with those I met I learned a little about their ways. Though I am still getting used to the change, of course."

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:03:38 AM
"It is good to hear that. Sometimes it can be hard for some. I'm also curious if your training with lightsabres included the knowledge on how to assemble one."

Andúril
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:24:38 AM
"It didn't, I'm afraid. We were only taught the combat side of things. We always used the ancient lightsabres that I was given by my father."

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:03:23 PM
"Ah, well then you're in luck." She brought forth the book next to her and held it out for Andúril to take. "Here inside lies the information for one to complete the construction of the a lightsabre. The parts can be found here at the Academy, it is up to you, and only you, to study, meditate and construct a sabre of your own. It is an essential part of a Padawan's training. Learning to use the weapon is just as important as knowing how the weapon works. In a way, through this process you build a rapport with it as the Force guides your hand in its creation."

Andúril
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:55:56 AM
"Thank you master," replied Andúril flicking through the pages and glancing at a few of them. "I have a question though. Would I be expected not to use the lightsabres that I currently own? Because they are an heirloom to my family, and I would feel odd leaving them unused."

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 24th, 2004, 11:04:47 AM
She shook her head, "No. That is enirely up to you, but at least you will have the necessary skills in keeping your heirlooms in good condition."

Andúril
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:26:04 AM
"Yes indeed. I have long regretted that I have not been able to keep them so well as I would have liked. When I was on Trinity my old teacher impressed it upon me most strongly."

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:13:27 PM
"Well, sometimes we regret lessons our teachers tried to impart upon us for many reasons. Usually it is because we don't think of its importance. Fortunately you've been given a second chance at this. Also, I cannot emphasize this enough, Andúril. If you run into troubles with your sabres, please don't hesitate to call me. In the end, you will be expected to create one on your own, but there are always bumps along the way at first."

Andúril
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:26:03 AM
"Thats an encouragement. Where do you think I should start?"

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:37:43 PM
"Begin creating your own sabre from scratch. Study the book carefully and when you are confident enough to begin construction, you can find all the materials needed to create the weapon inside the Temple."

Andúril
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:06:21 AM
"Thankyou Master. I shall go to study this directly."

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:47:49 PM
"You're welcome. That wasn't also why I summoned you here today. You can begin studying the book I gave you tonight. For now, I want you to clear your mind of questions and thoughts."

Andúril
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:54:57 PM
"Yes Master."

He kneeled down where he was and began to focus on the light, his thoughts diffusing into a haze around him.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:07:49 PM
"Now, as our last lesson, with your thoughts clear, the Force can freely enter you. Call upon it and focus. Immerse yourself into its power."

Andúril
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:37:19 PM
Andúril looked more closely into the light again, feeling its energy flow into him. He became more and more closely attuned with it. He sensed life all around him, in himself, his Master, a young padawan down the hallway, and even in the very ground under him. He felt life everywhere.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:15:45 PM
"What you sense, do not think of them specifically. Think of all the life you feel as part of the whole within the Force. Let your mind wander freely through its power and expand it outwards, away from this room ... away from this structure. There are no limits."

Andúril
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:30:28 AM
He tried to diffuse the thoughts that were centering on particular things again. He had a little trouble, but gradually began to feel these things gradually disperse, as he focused on a few things all inter-connected through the force. He let his mind wander outward again, feeling the force as a whole, gradually encompassing all he felt into this model.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 11th, 2004, 12:31:27 PM
Where are you now, my Padawan?' He felt his Master's mind touch his gently. Her voice was soft and delicate. He felt at peace with her present and knew that she was only speaking to him through the Force, she was not intruding upon his thoughts, surface or otherwise. How far did you find yourself?

Andúril
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:43:54 PM
'Where am I? I do not know' he thought. Was it to himself, or was it to another. 'I am everywhere, and I am nowhere. There is no here, nor there. Past or present. There is only the force.'

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 14th, 2004, 11:07:00 AM
Continue to relax. Remain at peace within the Force. At times when a Jedi is immersed in its power like this, we can see things. Things of the past, of the present, and in rare occasions ... the future.

Andúril
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:05:41 PM
Yes... I can see... he paused for a long moment... My sister, shes smiling. My mother is there also... But whos this? A messanger, they are at war... troops moving, homes burning, they've come! No! What are they doing? Where are they taking her?! he opened his eyes suddenly, breathing heavily as he looked around him.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:59:57 PM
"Andúril." The calm voice of Navaria overshadowed her Padawan's irregular breathing. "Steady yourself... relax your breathing into a familiar rhythm and quiet your mind..."

Andúril
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:21:50 AM
Andúril slowly began to regulate his breathing, struggling to lose the images of his sister being taken away from his mind. Slowly he was able to focus on the light again, and clear his mind.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 21st, 2004, 12:22:48 AM
She felt his mind grow at ease steadily. The violence Navaria had sensed had faded away. "Now, tell me what you saw. When you're ready."

Andúril
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:56:03 AM
Andúil paused for a few moments in silence before he spoke. "I saw my homeworld. They are at war. My city was burning. They came to my home. My sister was bound, and they led her, and my mother away. I did not see my father."

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 25th, 2004, 09:22:39 PM
Her Padawan was still distressed by the news, all though hiding it well, "Can I safely assume that this event has yet to pass?"

Andúril
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:44:04 AM
He sighed. "No, its already happenned, which is why I am distressed about it. I never knew what happenning to my homeworld, aside from the scars that were left on that wasted land." his eyes softened as he were looking at a distant memory, a width of a shadow away.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 27th, 2004, 07:03:21 PM
"I apologise for misunderstanding your vision, it was why I asked." She lowered her voice which was now touched with concern. "You were ... never there when this happened?" Navaria was beginning to understand.

Andúril
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:28:39 AM
"No, I wasn't. I didn't know what happenned there. It was after I left there to join the Order." Sadness flickered in his eyes.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:42:13 PM
"I'm sorry that you could not be there." Navaria gave her Padawan a moment to collect his toughts before she questioned him, "What do you intend to do with this knowlegde?" Yes, it was a test, but an important one though Andúril's training was limited between her and his previous Master.

Andúril
Nov 29th, 2004, 10:45:17 AM
"What can I do? I don't really know anything, just flickers and shadows in the light. I just have to continue as best I can."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:14:28 PM
"Continue how, if I may ask?"

Andúril
Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:28:51 AM
"I don't know really. Continue with my life I guess. Thats one of the reasons why I came to the Order. This is one of the only places I felt right."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 3rd, 2004, 03:52:31 PM
"And I hope that I continue to guide you through your time here." She lowered her head for a moment, relaxing her body before looking upon her pupil once again, "You've done well today, though with time, your words just spoken shall hold more conviction as you grow in strenght with your abilities."

Andúril
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:45:36 AM
"Yes, I hope your right. Thankyou Master." He looked around him. He really did feel glad to be there at that moment in time. In a place of peace.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:00:11 AM
She smiled, "Well, then. Your mind is weary. You should rest, but before you go, do you have any questions for me?"

Andúril
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:52:15 PM
Andúril thought for a moment. "No, I don't think so, thankyou Master."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 7th, 2004, 08:44:56 PM
She pushed herself up to her feet, "Then, until our next training session..." Navaria bowed, "May the Force be with you."

Andúril
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:11:28 AM
"May the Force be with you Master," he replied, bowing. He then turned and left the room.