PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 29th, 2004, 07:06:36 PM
Anybody else been watching this? It comes on Wednesday nights at 8PM on ABC. Best new show of the season, IMO. It is about a plane crash that hits on a tropical island. There is about 48 survivors and they find out they aren't alone on the island. It is a great show I recommend watching it. The first two episdoes are shown again on Saturday night as a 2 hour movie. That sets it up great, IMO.

Jedieb
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:21:06 PM
Damn, I missed it. I really wanted to watch it. Damn Yankees! ;) I hope this thread is around Sat. so I can catch the repeat.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:22:42 AM
I look forward to this coming on UK TV, purely because Dominic Monaghan is one of the cast members :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:29:16 AM
OMG this show is so great. :D:thumbup I wish it was two hours every week, without commercials. Can't waaaaait for next week already.

jjwr
Sep 30th, 2004, 11:55:39 AM
I'll have to try and catch it on Saturday, this is definetly something I wanted to see.

Ryan Pode
Sep 30th, 2004, 04:31:50 PM
I was skeptical of it, but I saw it TiVo'd at someones house, and its not bad.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:47:06 PM
This is going to be playing on ABC on Wednesday night - the two hour pilot, that is. They're going to be re-running while they finish up the last 13 episodes for the rest of the year.

I have to say that this show has me practically on the edge of my seat while I'm watching it. I cried when I thought Charlie was dead - they really SOLD his death, I was sure he was - and I can't wait to see what's happened to Claire, and WHAT Locke and Boone have discovered!! I can't wait until mid-January!!!

Figrin D'an
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:07:34 PM
I've been watching it... it's a good show. I'm not real big on JJ Abrams' other major show, Alias, but I'm enjoying this one. It's proving to be a pretty good cast. I like how just about every show has had a focus on a different character thusfar.

I'm looking forward to watching the first episode again, because I'm sure there are a lot of little things that will now make sense, having seen more of the story.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:46:21 PM
Any theories on what's going on on the island?

mine:
It could be the end of the world, and Claire's baby is the anti-christ. Or maybe the "others" on the island like Baby Soup!

I've heard the rumor that Ethan is the French woman's son, although I don't know about that. She said that she'd killed the people who came with her, and he couldn't have been born on the island as he'd only be 16ish then.

But perhaps they worship the monster on the island and Claire is going to be a sacrifical offering!?

Figrin D'an
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:17:01 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Any theories on what's going on on the island?

mine:
It could be the end of the world, and Claire's baby is the anti-christ.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were something grandiose like that, not after watching some of the storylines Abrams has developed for Alias. I kind of hope it's not that, but we'll just have to wait and watch. I do agree that the "psychic" that Claire went to knew that the plane was going to crash, which is why he convinced her to go, knowing that she and her baby would either be killed, or they'd be stranded where she would be forced the raise the child, just as he demanded that she do. So, she's obviously a key component in all of this. How it ties in with Ethan's intentions, I don't know. Could be a lot of things.

I'm curious to learn more about Kate as well.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:31:13 AM
Yeah, like What the Heck did Kate Do!?

I keep thinking that she must of killed someone in self defense.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:45:07 PM
I know it is a great show. I think there are several others on the island. Ethan is just one, is he Alex?? I don't know. It is possible he was a boy make 5 or 6 when she brought him and now he is in his 20's. Yeah the last episode was incredible I thought Charlie was dead too. I am curious to see what Locke and Boone found I am not entierly sure what is.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:23:46 PM
I need to re-watch, because I don't remember her saying that Alex was her son. I thought Alex and some other guy were on the expedition with her, and she shot them both with the shotgun. Allegedly.

And Ethan looks like he's 35/40, not in his twenties. At least, to me.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2004, 10:53:17 PM
She said Alex is her child never specified a gender. He looks late 20's to me. Still he may not be Alex especially since she didn't say Alex is her son but child. We have no clue who Alex is.

Rutabaga
Dec 15th, 2004, 10:04:49 PM
I'm totally and completely hooked on this show...it's the first time in years I've watched a show that's been "appointment TV," and I haven't missed a moment yet.

The ending of the episode a couple weeks ago, when Hurley told Jack that someone in the group was not on the manifest, and therefore not on the plane, was the best ending of an episode yet, at least since the episode when we found out Locke had been a paraplegic before the crash. I literally let out a yelp when that happened, it's great stuff. :crack

Sayid is my favorite character so far, he's just incredibly fascinating. I'm going to have to watch the ep with him and the French woman again when they rerun it, since I actually got kind of lost in the conversation about Alex, her husband, and what exactly happened to all of them. Plus, what made that ep extra fun for me is that's the first time I've seen Mira Furlan in anything since Babylon 5. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 18th, 2005, 05:53:54 PM
Can someone please tell me what happened at the end of last Wednesday's episode? Our DVR cut off the last two minutes or so, and so the last thing I saw was Locke asking Boone why he didn't have any blood on his clothes if he was holding his step-sister while she died.

Figrin D'an
Jan 18th, 2005, 06:44:17 PM
Can someone please tell me what happened at the end of last Wednesday's episode? Our DVR cut off the last two minutes or so, and so the last thing I saw was Locke asking Boone why he didn't have any blood on his clothes if he was holding his step-sister while she died.

Boone looked at his cloths, and seeing that Locke was right (no blood), he got confused, saying that it had to have been real. Locke then pointed out his step-sister, who was nearby with another group of people, alive and well. Locke then revealed that he had given Boone an experience, not unlike the one he himself had, to free Boone from what was holding him back and eating away at him. Boone was pretty angry, but the conversation turned to the island, and how Locke felt that the "hatch" they found in the jungle was connected to the the "monster" and other occurances.

That's about it. In typical "Lost" style, it left the whole thing open ended, so every time we think we know something, it tosses some new questions at the audience.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:33:12 PM
Yeah very open ended. I still am not sure about Locke. At one minute I think he is a good guy the next bad up to know good. I have no idea where they are taking this character. Still a great show can't wait for tomorrow night

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:16:53 AM
Yeah I guess the kid almost gets eaten by a polar bear... *rubs hands together evilly* I'm so addicted to this show. ^_^;

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:50:44 PM
Okay my theory here I think the kid will be saved by Locke and his father will trust him. I think what is going on is a Lord of the Flies thing Locke being the crazy mad one in that book. And Jack the good kid. That is completly my theory so we will have to see what will happen.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:13:33 PM
I guess I should read Lord of the Flies. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:39:30 PM
Yeah there is defintely some of the book's themes in this show. Still I read the book anyway the book is a classic, IMO.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:43:20 PM
I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet. Can't wait to see it tonight. :D *huggles my DVR*

Edit: Ok so now Boone is like Locke's little 'yes' man? And Walt... makes things happen. So we have a demon baby in the hands of Them on the island, Claire has returned (I'm assuming she doesn't have the baby any more) and Walt makes things happen. I wish I still had the episode recorded where they shot the polar bear, because if Walt was reading that comic book (concentrating heavily on it, trying to decipher the Spanish) then ...we'd have some sort of a connection.

And next week is a re-run! Oh the inhumanity of it all!

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:47:37 AM
I know I hate next week is a re-run have to wait two weeks to find out what happened with Claire. With Walt that is an interesting development makes you wonder about the island more. About Boone yeah he is becoming creeper which makes me wonder more about Locke.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:13:08 PM
Okay for those not on the east coast this is a spoiler Boone is the one that died. The episode was a tear jerker especially with the birth of Claire's baby happening at the same time. Now things are going to get dicey with the way the previews looks, I think Locke is going to be hated by the rest of them, we will have to see what happens next.

Taala
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:16:33 PM
FRACKING SPOILER CODE AUGHHHHH!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:17:24 PM
Carr, you're officially on my "not cool" list. :verymad

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:21:16 PM
Agg I am so sorry I noticed it like five minutes after I posted it I am not sure how the heck I did that. I am incredibly sorry I spoiled it for anybody.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:59:25 PM
^_^; i forgive you. :) I would have fixed it myself except I didn't want to read more than I had already.

Jedieb
Apr 6th, 2005, 08:25:57 PM
Great episode tonight. I've missed a lot of these. This is a show made for DVD. As soon as that first season is available I'm getting it. I never thought this premise could work, but it's been one of the best shows of the season.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:37:59 PM
I am glad LD I am still very sorry for doing it, I wish I had noticed it sooner. That is the first time I had ever done that with spoilers. And yeah Jedieb it is strange how big this show has become. It is really something like 24, another cult hit, although that took 2 years to get the raitings it is has now (top 25 show). I think what helps Lost is the great character development it makes people more interested.

Rutabaga
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:45:42 PM
This show, along with Battlestar Galactica, is appointment television. Won't even answer the phone when either of these shows is on.

Tonight's episode was terrific...I've never been a big Boone fan, but I still found the whole drama behind his dying to be compelling, and the scene at the end where Shannon saw him was so well done it actually made me :cry . Knowing this show, though, we haven't seen the last of Boone, he'll be back in flashbacks, and no doubt he'll haunt the island the way Jack's father does sometimes. And the birth of Claire's baby was a nice counterpoint to Boone's death, and I can't help but wonder if she's going to end up naming the baby Boone o_O .

The preview for the rest of the season looks like things are definitely going to hit the boiling point very soon. Although I sure didn't like the looks of Locke falling backwards after being shot--Locke and Sayid are my favorite characters, and I really don't want to see anything happen to either of them. :\

My copy of the DVD set is already reserved at Amazon. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 11:03:56 PM
From what I have read Locke isn't going anywhere. I am not sure about the shooting part might just get wounded. They are suppose to answer some stuff involving the island, the monster and probably the Hatch. Not sure how much they will reveal though

Rutabaga
Apr 7th, 2005, 06:52:11 AM
Locke is ultimately too popular a character to jettison anytime soon, methinks...from what I've read at different places, he's one of the most popular characters overall, and I think there would be a riot if they killed him off.

Terry O'Quinn deserves an Emmy for the work he's done on this show, particularly after last week's episode with Locke's father.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2005, 11:48:13 AM
This episode was unbelieveably good. And horrible! But I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Hatch has made Locke invincible and able to heal people so that he can bring Boone back from the dead.

From the teaser for next week it looks like Locke shows up during the funeral for Boone. And then the mystery of his legs going numb again... will he be 'healed' again, or what?

And Jinn, I was thinking that the baby might be names Boone as well. Of course, i'm slightly surprised the little guy doesn't have horns.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:52:22 PM
Well I am not sure what will happen with the Hatch, my theory has been the island has hosted scientists doing crazy experements, perhaps going back to WW2. Not sure if they are still on the island, but I bet their descendents are, and I think Ethan was one of them. That is just my theory, I am curious to see how that works. out. As for Locke I think he is safe not sure what is going to happen in the final hours.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:03:36 PM
I heard that the "answers to all our questions" does not include the reason why the flight crashed in the first place.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:15:20 PM
Well I am not surprised about that, I figure that is something they might not know for some time.

Figrin D'an
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:44:58 PM
The episode that has plagued me for quite a while is the one about Hurley and his mysterious good luck/bad luck numbers. I've found several interesting things about the series of numbers, but I'm not sure that any of them is the actual significance the show's creator was going for.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2005, 06:30:44 PM
Yeah, or Walt and him being able to 'make things happen' aka win at backgammon every single time, or cause birds to fly into windows because he was concentrating on them in a book. Too many unanswered questions!

I'd be surprised if we get anything more than just another tease about the numbers at this point. They seem to be a major plot point and I doubt they'll resolve that this season. Unless it just opens up another box full of questions for the viewers.

And let's not forget: Jack's MARRIED?? whaa??

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2005, 09:48:59 PM
Yeah that came out of nowhere I first though he was going to leave her at the altar. Now I guess we will find out what happens to their marrage later probably next season.

Rutabaga
Apr 8th, 2005, 10:58:18 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah that came out of nowhere I first though he was going to leave her at the altar. Now I guess we will find out what happens to their marrage later probably next season.

The scene at the altar was brilliantly done, when Jack was fumbling with his vows...I thought for sure he was leading up to saying, "I'm sorry, I just can't do this," then it led up to something totally opposite of what I was expecting. It was a terrific moment. :)

Figrin, about Hurley's numbers...there's a short article in the new TV Guide having some fun speculation that all those numbers were retired by the Yankees "in honor of Lou Gehrig, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Whitey Ford, Don Mattingly, and Jackie Robinson." One of the exec producers is a huge Yankees fan (I wiill forgive him for this, since the show is so damn good :)), but he said that this little factoid has absolutely nothing to do with the meaning behind the numbers.

I'm just irritated that we're going into reruns again and won't get a new episode until May 4th, bleh. But at least the season finale will be 2 hours long, and I'll be counting on one heck of a cliffhanger. It will be kind of hard for anyone to top Battlestar Galactica's cliffhanger season ender, but if any show has a chance to do it, Lost certainly does. :)

Rutabaga
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:41:27 PM
Here's a funny article for all you Lost fans:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2788

:lol

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Apr 11th, 2005, 10:21:09 PM
The link doesn't work for me :(

Rutabaga
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:28:09 AM
That's completely bizarre...that exact link works just fine at Rotten Tomatoes, I have no idea why it doesn't work here. :\

I'll try it again for the heck of it:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2788

If that doesn't work, go to SomethingAwful.com, click "search site," then put in "beginner's guide to lost," and it will give you a link to the article.

EDIT: Okay, looks like the link is working now in this post, dunno how to explain that one... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:12:42 AM
lol that was great. :D

http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5305 <--- I'd re post this, but I'm too lazy. I thought it's an interesting thought that the books that Saywer is reading could tie into the ultimate plot of the show. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:15:58 PM
http://www.asiansinmedia.org/news/article.php/television/914 Lost is coming to the UK during the summer. :)

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2005, 07:42:31 PM
Only one episode left cool episode tonight that french woman is creepy loved that line heh. So The Black Rock is a ship, that is cool, it looks like this island has been attracting different people over the years, somehow the Others are connected to this. It was really neat to see the raft set sail, I wonder what will happen to it? Overall a great episode, can't wait for the second part

Rutabaga
May 19th, 2005, 08:54:37 PM
Last night's episode was wonderful. Such terrific individual scenes...Jin breaking down crying and apologizing to Sun...Sawyer telling Jack about meeting Jack's father...Walt giving Vincent to Shannon...one of the best episodes of the season, for sure.

Two whole hours next week, holy cow, can't wait to see what cliff they'll leave us hanging off of. :rollin

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2005, 10:55:51 PM
So what do you all think of the finale? First Arnst goes out with a bang, I didn't see that coming. I think we learn more about the monster. I think it is a machine of some sort you can hear mechanicle rumblings. Then there is the Others, those wierd guys at the end got to be them or at least some of them. And they wanted Walt maybe all along, the question is why? And what happened to Sawyer I think he was only wounded but still. Man, what a cliffhanger. The only disapointment was the Hatch, they blow it open to find broken stairs, I guess we will have to wait till next season to find out what is down there.

Rutabaga
May 25th, 2005, 11:38:26 PM
Holy crap, that was one heck of a finale...2 terrific hours of television. No fair that we have to wait until September to see how things work out.

I was literally on the edge of my seat when the little boat with what turned out to be The Others showed up in response to the flare. I was just about yelling along with Michael as the boat took off with Walt. As someone at Rotten Tomatoes said, this was a classic bait-and-switch thing...everyone was so concerned about little Aaron (and you just know that name isn't arbitrary, considering the title of this episode was "Exodus") that no one ever stopped to think that "the boy" that The Others were after was actually Walt. Yikes!

The flashback scenes were all great in this episode, especially Locke's and Jin's scenes. And the last extended flashback of everyone getting settled in for the flight was extremely bittersweet, everyone's last moments of normality and sanity before their worlds fell apart. :(

It sure seems as if the "monster" is something mechanical, but what's up with the dark shadow things? There's obviously more there than meets the eye....

My only minor complaint is that it was highly predictable that the episode ended with them looking into the hatch...interesting to see the broken ladder, though, and it still does whet our appetite to try to figure out over the summer just what the heck might be down there.

Oh, and "You've got some Arzt on you" was probably the best line in the episode. Hurley rules. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2005, 11:47:59 PM
I love Hurley!

and I KNEW they were after Walt. He's "special" after all. Loved the episode. TERIFFIC.

I hope Sawyer is all right. And I'm glad Arzt died, he was fricking annoying. :)

Rutabaga
May 26th, 2005, 10:26:43 PM
Okay, this is kinda clever: :)

http://www.oceanic-air.com/

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2005, 11:42:33 AM
:) That's great!

There's a web page for the band Driveshaft, too.

Rutabaga
May 28th, 2005, 05:28:24 PM
Tip for the Oceanic Air website...on the home page, where it says "travellers," and there's 6 boxes...put in the legendary numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42), and you'll get a seating chart for Flight 815. Just watch it, click around, and you'll start seeing some fun stuff happening. Sometimes character's seats will turn green, you click on 'em, and you get little treats for clicking on them. Also, click the row numbers in order (the same 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42), and you'll see a little trailer for season 2, then you'll get bumped to another website dedicated to the show. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2005, 01:59:11 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds22320.html

Channel 4 has finally set a date for the premiere of Lost in the UK. The cult show, which has already wrapped its first season in the States, will occupy the Desperate Housewives timeslot - Wednesdays at 10pm - from August 10. Also akin to Desperate Housewives, new episodes of Lost will premiere on E4 immediately after the Channel 4 episode ends.

Woohoo! :D

Jedieb
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:58:10 PM
The first season DVD is due out in Sept. I've got it on order from Amazon. I can't wait to see what kind of special features it's got.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:31:37 AM
August 10th, Channel 4, 10pm
UK folks, at last, Lost is here!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:45:12 PM
Did you see the crazy promo trailer they had for the brits?

Here, I have it hosted for a short amount of time:
http://extendedfam.net/ukpromo.mov

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:02:04 PM
I've seen quite a few different trailers.

The first one, it just had them all dancing about on the beach near a wreckage, the women being passed from man to man and such, their make-up running down their cheeks from crying.

The second was the same, with voices over the top saying things like "One of us is a murderer", "One of us is a liar", "All of us are lost".

The third, latest, one shows actual clips from the show, interspersed with the crazy dancing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:18:06 PM
The second one is that you describe is the one I have hosted. :) It's actually pretty cool, but very surreal.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:21:07 PM
I like the funky little dance that Dominic Monaghan does :D

TheHolo.Net
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:03:39 PM
Only a few more weeks until I can finally satiate my need for new Lost episodes!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:22:14 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I like the funky little dance that Dominic Monaghan does :D

I like anything he does. :D

Droo
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:38:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this premiere, too. On the 10th August, I believe. I can't wait, it looks really interesting and it's been highly recommended to me by lots of people.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:05:46 PM
Don't you dare miss it, Dru. It's so great. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:31:03 AM
I've watched the first three episodes now. Good stuff. Really keeps you guessing :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:37:53 PM
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEW SEASON OF <a href=http://lilaena.blogspot.com/2005/08/lost-icons.html>LOST!!</a>

aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!! :crack

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:09:29 AM
"DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO! :mad"

I wasn't expecting that!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2005, 01:41:00 AM
:D That's one of the best lines.

Shawn
Sep 9th, 2005, 10:57:45 PM
I just picked up Season 1 on DVD and started watching it a bit. It's not bad, but it's incredibly slow. I've watched 8 episodes so far, and there's been hardly any plot to speak of. Lots of character interaction, but there's only so long you can drag that out for. So far, it feels like it'd have been better condensed into a 2 hour movie. We'll see if it picks up later, though.

Edit: The more I watch of it, the less I like it. They just keep tossing in new mysteries, one after the other, without ever answering any of the old ones. None of them even have the appearance of being related to each other, so it's not even possible to really piece together what's going on so far. It's like the scriptwriters just try to come up with the wackiest stuff they can think of for each episode. I hope things start coming together soon.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 10th, 2005, 04:00:53 PM
Well I disagree that is why I like it, it has great character development. Lost is my second favorite show right now (I still prefer 24 a little bit), I think the mysteries grow, just wait till you get to the second half of the first season. Some great plot twists await.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 10th, 2005, 05:11:07 PM
Shawn if you watch it all and hate it, I will take that set off your hands for free. Just ship those DVDs to me and you'll never have to think of it again. :D

Jedieb
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:00:24 AM
I love this friggin' show!!!!!!! Because of my schedule I missed a few episodes here and there during the regular season. The DVD is just heaven. My wife never watched the show and I begged her to give it a try. We watched the first 2 episodes together. As usual, she was pissed at me for not doing enough around the house so she wouldn't admit she was hooked. She's a bit under the weather so she spent the day in bed. WATCHING ALL 6 DISCS!! She finished the finale tonight. I've been busting my hump all day so now I'm playing catch up. The woman should be ashamed of herself!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 11th, 2005, 01:16:12 AM
lol Mrs. Jedieb is cool. :D:thumbup

Rutabaga
Sep 11th, 2005, 10:43:30 AM
Hey, Shawn, I agree with Carr...the reason why you're not liking the show so far is the exact reason why I'm loving it. Good Lord, but how many Wednesdays at 9pm this past year did I end up going, YIKES!!! What's gonna happen next?!?!?! I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it sure as heck works like gangbusters for me.

I got my DVD set from Amazon on Friday, and I've watched most of the bonus disc stuff so far. Fun bloopers :D.

10 days to go until the season premiere, I almost can't stand it!!! ^_^; :eek :crack :)

BTW, after you watch the season premiere, stick around and watch the premiere of Invasion. I saw the first half hour or so of it at Comic Con, and it was terrific, it got a lot of applause when the lights came up. It seems like it will be the perfect companion piece to Lost. :thumbup

Shawn
Sep 11th, 2005, 11:16:17 AM
Mysteries are only interesting if they hold the promise of being answered eventually. I'm withholding further judgement until I finish the season, however.

Shawn
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:08:53 AM
Just finished watching S1, so now I can post my full thoughts.

It's not bad, and I'll be tuning in to S2, but I'm not really wowed by it or anything. Most of the characters are really good, but the overall plot is pretty thin. Like I said earlier: I feel they're stringing along the mysteries for far too long.

There is absolutely no chance of piecing together the clues and working things out for yourself, since everything is so nonsensical. I started keeping a list of all the mysteries about 1/3rd of the way through the season, and virtually none of them got answered or even addressed at any point.

I get the distinct impression that the writers are kind of making things up as they go along, with no real idea of how they're ever going to tie things together. If they can somehow put everything into one coherent storyline, I'll be a bit surprised.

It's not all bad, though. The relationship between Kate and Sawyer is really interesting; They hate each other, yet they're the only ones they each feel comfortable around. Locke is a fun character - I can relate to him. Jin has been really interesting, as well; I've gone from viewing him as a complete jerk to kind of sympathizing with him. Claire is very convincing playing an irrational woman.

And I'll admit: I want to see what happens next. :) The last couple of episodes were really good. It just feels like it's suffering from Robert Jordan syndrome at times. I think maybe we'll start to see some more answers in S2, though.

Going back and reading the spoilers now... you people have some wacky theories. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 12th, 2005, 09:05:15 AM
Well JJ Abrams claims that they have the whole show planned out. I just think a lot of the answers are hard to see.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:25:35 PM
As far as I know they have at least 5 years of story planned out so far. They're in it for the long haul.

And the teasers for season 2 are making me pull out my hair. Kate falls down the hatch - what!? The way the light flicks on reminds me of when Boone died - hope that isn't a natural response when the island gets BLOOD.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:37:00 PM
I keep spoiling myself without meaning to :( damn internet.

Shawn
Sep 12th, 2005, 01:53:11 PM
I'm not even looking at the promotional material for Season 2.
As far as I know they have at least 5 years of story planned out so far. I hope they don't plan to drag out the current mysteries that long, because this is exactly what I'm talking about: Robert Jordan syndrome.

The season finale, Exodus pt. 2, was actually really good. But IMO, these kinds of episodes should be coming on a regular basis, not just as the season finale.

It had 1 minor mystery answered ("What is the Black Rock?"), gave us some clues for 1 major mystery ("What is the creature in the Jungle?"), had some action, and showed the plot moving forward. These kinds of episodes should happen at least 4-5 times a season.

I like it well enough. It's not like there's anything else on basic TV. Now I just have to figure out what channel ABC is for me so I can catch the new eps. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 12th, 2005, 10:34:29 PM
Well anything episodic works that way. Rowling has the Potter books stretched out for 7 books so it is the same way there. As long as there is some end it is cool.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 12th, 2005, 11:13:37 PM
I'm sure they'll wrap up the hatch early this coming season, and then possibly the monster/security system by the end of the year. Not to mention the Others - I'm sure we'll get some revelations about them.

But I expect new mysteries to be introduced this season. And I could be wrong - the hatch might be dragged out longer, but it doesn't look like it, what with them blowing it open and going into it.

if you look close at some of the pictures from the teaser for the new season you can make out the word "Quarantine" (or something similar) written on the hatch. Inside I believe, on the part they blew off. Very interesting. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2005, 01:09:16 PM
On wednesday the 21st, make sure you tune in an hour before Lost starts - it looks like a recap/behind the scenes/something is playing at the 8 o'clock hour.

Rutabaga
Sep 17th, 2005, 08:19:10 AM
Watchedthe premiere of Threshold on CBS last night, and it looks like William Mapother, aka Ethan Rom on Lost, is making a habit of playing spooked-out weirdos. It was actually a little strange, because every time I saw him, all I could think of was Ethan. :p

Rutabaga
Sep 18th, 2005, 10:22:53 PM
Emmy! Emmy Emmy Emmy!

I'm very glad to see Lost won the Emmy for best drama series and best directing for a drama series, although I am a tad disappointed that Terry O'Quinn didn't win for best supporting actor in a drama. Hey, I love Shatner and all, but c'mon, people! :\

Ah, just found the full list at Lost-Media.com, total of 6 awards for the series, wheeeeeee!!! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:24:33 PM
So what did everybody think? Was very teasing there at the end. I liked learning more about Jack that was very cool. Man can't wait to see next week's episode.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:59:43 AM
Just to be safe - all in spoilers.

I enjoyed the fact that this season opened the same way the first season did - a close up on a man's eye. Not Jack this time though.

The part where Walt appeared to Shannon was amazing. Loved it! I think Walt is trying to communicate with the people back on the island, and managed to get through to Shannon because she was sleep deprived. MAYbe.

The hatch was surprising - someone's been living inside it? Desmond, who spoke to Jack about miracles right before Sarah (soon to be Jack's wife) was miraculously healed?

In true Lost fashion we get answers, but the answers lead to more complex questions. :) This season has started off great though.

Shawn
Sep 22nd, 2005, 02:49:24 AM
I enjoyed the fact that this season opened the same way the first season did - a close up on a man's eye. Not Jack this time though.Nearly half of the episodes in the first season opened up like that. :huh It just seemed to be following suit.

I liked the opening. I thought it was another flashback scene, possibly one of Sawyer's, right up until the blast.

A few bullet points:

- The guy living in the hatch brings up a ton of questions of the "How?" variety - How does he get his supplies? Air? Power? Running Water/Sewage? etc.

- I'm guessing the magnet Jack found is his generator.

- It's clear that the 'Quarantine' doesn't mean something being kept in. Otherwise, it would have been on the outside.

- Everything inside looks like it's from the 70's, so he's probably been in there at least that long.

- His medicine cabinet and jumpsuit both had a logo of some kind on them, in the shape of a Hexagon.

Not a bad episode.

Rutabaga
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:28:28 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville In true Lost fashion we get answers, but the answers lead to more complex questions. :) This season has started off great though. [/B]

I agree completely...wow. Great episode for sure.

It really is going to be interesting to get the backstory on Desmond and why he's there. Like Shawn said, he's obviously been there for a long, long time...super old computers, listening to the Mamas and the Papas, etc....but if he's been down there for so long, how did he get out to meet Jack? And of course, the main new question...what does it all mean? Did Desmond somehow arrange this all? Does it prove Locke's assertion that they were all brought there for a reason? Or is there something more to all of it? Yikes!

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:09:58 AM
I just watched Sawyer's flash-back episode. It's so frustrating not being up to date with all of you. Hopefully going to borrow the DVDs from a friend of mine, but even then I won't be able to see the next series for a while :(

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:44:20 AM
My wife and I have been completely spoiled by our DVD's.

"What, we have to suffer through commercials?! We have to wait a whole week to find out what happens next?! THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!"

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:58:23 AM
I think somebody else built the place, and Desmond somehow came to live there. I thought maybe he was part of an experement but am not sure. I figure next week we will learn more about it from him.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:01:47 PM
I hope we find out exactly what happened to Jack's marriage this season. Personally, I think she's dead. With Jack's luck, it'll be the result of the operation or the accident. Something else that he could torture himself with.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:52:15 PM
The symbol on Desmond's shirt has been speculated to be an i-ching or a bagua. http://www.buy-utah.com/images/graphics/bagua-map.jpg I'm not really sure what the significance of either are.

Desmond's injection vials had the Numbers on them and on his mural in the tunnel was the number 108, which is the sum of the Numbers. Also a drawing of an eye, the letter M, and the word SICK. Eye M Sick...?

Also I'm confused about his recording equipment - it all seemed to be cassette tapish, which is recorded magnetically. Wouldn't a large magnet mess that up?

Rutabaga
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:14:23 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
I hope we find out exactly what happened to Jack's marriage this season. Personally, I think she's dead. With Jack's luck, it'll be the result of the operation or the accident. Something else that he could torture himself with.

I agree with your speculation...I can't believe that the end of the marriage would be something as "simple" as a divorce.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:13:02 PM
For me, it's not that Jack couldn't possibly be divorced, it's that he certainly doesn't seem like the kind of man who would get a divorce after only 1 or 2 years of marriage. And it seems like that was the timeline hinted at during his flashback. The marriage doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Whatever caused his marrage to end, I think it'll end up being something extraordinary. Even it's a divorce, it must have been caused by something shocking.

I never noticed that the the number on the wall was the sum of the "numbers." Af first I thought they might have been the numbers themselves, but when I saw they weren't I just stopped looking at them so closely. I can't wait until next week. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE GUYS ON THE RAFT! :crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:07:42 PM
You guys should spoiler bits about season One for Jenny's sake. :)

Rutabaga
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:05:48 PM
Okay, I'm all primed for next week's episode already.

Jin speaking English??!?!?!?!!

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 5th, 2005, 11:18:25 PM
I know I saw that
I think this was the most intense episode so far this season. We got some answers not sure exactly what is going on though. I think the Others and the Hatch are connected just don't know how. Also Michelle Rodriguez's character and the other people I bet aren't the others. I think they are survivors of the plane crash from the tail end who had a very different experience on the island.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 6th, 2005, 01:49:39 AM
You guys should spoiler bits about season One for Jenny's sake. :)

Yes please ^_^;

Just watched Claire's episode last night. Another :eek-worthy ending.

Droo
Oct 6th, 2005, 02:07:25 AM
Just watched Claire's episode last night. Another :eek-worthy ending.

Wait until you see the next episode! I caught it last night on E4 and I think it's my favourite episode so far.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2005, 11:50:58 PM
Raised By Another was one of the best episodes, but the next one (All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues ?) is fantastic as well.

But this season 2 is shaping up to be great. We're really getting to see another side of Jack - the jerk side of him. And Locke is looking more and more crazy to me, like a man who is grasping at his faith in SOMETHING to keep him sane. I was pretty annoyed when Locke made Jack push the button. It seemed like he was just trying to prove a point, and he's not really endearing himself to me. Actually, either is Jack. The only person I really liked in that part was Sayid because he just went in there and did what needed to be done, no unecessary questions asked.

The flashbacks really showed how obsessive John was, what with sitting outside his dad's house for YEARS. John Locke is not going to give up on his fascination with the island. I just want to know how he ended up in the wheelchair.

The Ana Lucia bit was the only part that I really didn't like - only because I was hoping Michelle wasn't being typecast and that we'd see a different side of her in this part. Looks like she's playing the bad girl again, what a surprise. However - she does it well, which is why she keeps getting those sort of parts. The people who kidnapped Michael, Jin, and Saywer all have to be the survivors from the tail of the plane, and they sent Michelle in there to find out about them. Once she figured that Sawyer was a convict with a gun (poor Sawyer, didn't he go through all that last season? :lol) she snagged it and got out of there quick.

The whole "there was an incident" bit in the film that Locke and Jack watched was creepy. And how can there be an electromagnetic area of an island naturally? (also the areas of science they were researching related directly to the polar bears and to Walt's psychic abilities.)

AND - in the first episode when Walt appears to Shannon he is mumbling something. Some people recorded it and played it backwards and it sounds like he's saying either "don't push the button, the button's bad" or "push the button, no button's bad" SOOoooo creeepy! Especially since he told Locke to leave the hatch alone.

One final note to echo Jinn Fizz - Jin speaks English!?!?!?! Everything IS going to change!

loved the episode. :D

Rutabaga
Oct 13th, 2005, 08:34:23 PM
Oh man, they teased us with the Jin speaking English thing! :lol

I liked last night's episode a lot, and I particularly loved the way it ended :).

Now, check this out....http://mrclucks.com/...make sure you keep watching the chicken ;).

Shawn
Oct 13th, 2005, 08:40:36 PM
Last night's was actually pretty good, despite not revolving around the plot at all.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:00:33 PM
Well it revolved around the plot in that we learned a little more about the Hatch, mainly about the wall and something being behind it. Sounds like some type of reactor at least that is what Saiyd thinks.

Shawn
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:49:44 PM
Yeah, I've thought that since the season premiere. :)
- I'm guessing the magnet Jack found is his generator.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:58:23 PM
True, still there is one thing it cleared up the mystery about the tail section of the plane. We know there are survivors from it. Not many left though, I am guessing because of the Others. I would like to know what that bunker thing they are in is though

Shawn
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:04:44 PM
Last episode, the orientation video implied that there were 6 facilities on the island. That is one of the others, and there's probably 4 more.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2005, 11:22:19 AM
Wow i missed the 6 other installations part of the Orientation video. Or, at least, that they were ALL on the island. I need to look up Dharma and see what it means. It probably means something. And that book that the reel was behind - the Turn of the Screw - that probably hints at something too.

The bit that Sayid said about Chernobyl was a little scary - perhaps there was a radioactive electromagnetic incident...?

Also, Hurley said that there was enough food to feed one man for three months - so where was Desmond getting all his food from for three years??

Shawn
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:28:30 PM
It's possible he was running out. That, or the magic Dharma fairy brought him more.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:50:55 PM
That's true I guess. However if all the food was leftover from the supplies that the guy who brought Desmond down had...why isn't the chocolate all white and bad? Magic? I guess we're back to the Dharma fairy theory. :)

Jedieb
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:15:03 PM
I was surprised to see Rose likes her some white chocolate. And why couldn't Jack have stumbled upon Kate a few seconds earlier? :cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:55:35 PM
Yeah the fact that Bernard is white was surprising, however, I should have guessed it because JJ Abrams loves to twist our expectations.

Rutabaga
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:20:51 PM
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot here, but still....

http://www.dharmainstitute.com

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:23:59 PM
Well, I think there is more to Desmond, I think he is lying. Which means somebody might be supplying him the food.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:05:08 AM
RE the latest episode shown in the UK:

I don't get what the deal is with the plane that Kate found inside that suitcase. She said it belonged to the make she loved/killed, but why is it significant?? Why a plane?

Rutabaga
Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:53:50 AM

I don't get what the deal is with the plane that Kate found inside that suitcase. She said it belonged to the make she loved/killed, but why is it significant?? Why a plane?

You'll find out later...there's another Kate flashback episode which explains the whole thing.

Personally, I'm not a big Kate fan, I find her and her background stories to be not all that interesting. >_<

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:22:17 AM
I like her and am curious what she is accused of doing that made her wanted.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:59:40 AM

It's mysteeeeeeerious! *waggles fingers in the air* :eek

At this point in the show you just have no idea why it's significant, but you DO know that it's something that someone she loved owned and she KILLED THEM!!!!

Rutabaga
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:48:12 AM
Well, we got stuck with a rerun this past Wednesday and apparently won't have another new episode until November 9th, so here's something to tide you over...prepare to laugh! :D :D :D

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lost

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:12:33 PM
This time I won't screw up the spoiler tags.
So looks like Shannon was it. I wasn't shocked really, I figured it be her when the focused the episode so much on her. And my other candidate, Sun, wasn't even in the episode. It was shocking how it happened. That Ana did it, of course I don't think she intended to shoot her, she thought it was the Others coming towards them. She was obiviously under a lot of distress, from what ever the Others did to them. Now that I am curious about and will be glad to see that episode next week

Rutabaga
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:07:01 AM
I'd managed to avoid spoilers before this episode, because I wanted to be surprised about who died. I wasn't totally surprised that it's apparently Shannon, and I'm not all the upset about it. I never could stand her. Eeeeewww, and with her and Sayid bumping uglies tonight, ugh. What did shock me, though, was that Ana Lucia pulled the trigger. That's going to lead to a lot of anger and distrust between the two tribes, no doubt. Especially between Sayid and Ana.

One thing I did know about beforehand, though, was how Shannon's father died. I'd read about it in a couple of magazines, and it's just another example of how carefully they're weaving everyone's stories together. What actually happened in the episode was very subtle, though, so I hope everyone caught on to what exactly had happened, and what the circumstances of his death were.

And yeah, next week's episode looks great :).

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2005, 09:59:41 AM
I figured it out after we heard that Sarah had run into a Mr. Rutherford and killed him. And Boone's mom is a biznatch! I felt so bad for Shannon - they finally made her into a sympathetic character and then they gut shoot her. Bad Lost! :cry

Next week should be fantastic! :D

Crystal
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:26:46 PM
They tried to make us care about Shannon too much in this episode. I knew it was her not long into it. I've never liked her and wanted her to die from the start. So I rejoice! Yeah all that stuff is horrible and tragic.. OH NO poor rich girl now has no money blahblah but I hated her too much to care. I feel bad for Sayid, though.

I hope Sawyer is alright. He's a jerk but somehow I like him better than Shannon :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:22:52 PM
Yeah I am take Sawyer over Shannon in a heart beat. I feel bad for Sayid as well and yeah I suspect there to be some bad blood between Ana and him.

Rutabaga
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:05:41 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah I am take Sawyer over Shannon in a heart beat. I feel bad for Sayid as well and yeah I suspect there to be some bad blood between Ana and him.

I agree as well about taking Sawyer over Shannon any day. I wasn't all that much of a fan of Sawyer during the first season, but he's really started to grow on me this season. They tried to fool people into thinking that Sawyer would be the one to die, but I didn't buy it for a second.

I've seen more than one person complain about Shannon finally being made to look sympathetic, only to have her be killed at the end of episode...while I agree to an extent, yes, I did feel kinda bad for her at points, I still can't forget what she turned into after that. Swindling men for money, then of course the way she took advantage of Boone in more ways than one. Boone was no sweetheart either, but still.... Overall, though, I really won't miss Shannon at all. She always irritated me to no end. But her death does leave one other lingering question...who's gonna take care of Vincent now? :D

And I really like Sayid, I've liked him since the first episode. So I do feel sorry for him, having Shannon collapse and die in his arms moments after he told her he loved her. Like I saw at MSN, Sayid's probably gonna have to think twice about ever getting involved with a woman, because the two times we've seen it in the show, it's turned into a disaster. But I am looking forward to seeing how he deals with Ana-Lucia after all this...they did make a point to remind us that he's also carrying a gun at all times, so...who knows?

As for what's coming up, either next week or the week after, I'm looking forward to 2 reunions: Rose and Bernard, and Sun and Jin. I bet I'll be bawling like a baby during both of those :).

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 10th, 2005, 08:24:49 PM
Can't really feel too bad for Shannon, after all Walt WAS shushing her!!

Can you imagine Michael's psychotic reaction when Sayid tells him that they saw Walt in the jungle??

Rutabaga
Nov 10th, 2005, 08:32:20 PM
Can't really feel too bad for Shannon, after all Walt WAS shushing her!!

Ha, true! ;)

BTW, in case anyone's interested, I did find a blurb at Lost-Media.com that reveals what Walt was saying in his backwards-speak in last night's episode:

"They're coming, and they're close."

Now that's kinda interesting...was he talking about the obvious thing, Ana-Lucia and her gang were coming, or was he saying that The Others were coming? Aye carumba, how this show sometimes makes us overthink things ;).

Oh, and btw, isn't it going to be a trip when Locke and Mr. Eko meet up? :lol