PDA

View Full Version : Royal Intrigues(Invite only)

Shandri La
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:03:07 AM
Shandri is sitting in the lounge on the ship that she's on with Chelsea (her twin sister), Shanaria, Dasquian,, and several Omwatii guards. The purpose, why it's to overthrow her older half brother who's King on her homeworld. After he's removed from the throne, the she's going to get crowned Queen and Chelsea gets to be the Guardian of the Treasure.

As Queen, the traditions regarding the Guardian are going to go through some very drastic changes.

So far, she's spent most of the trip either in her room on the ship, or here in the lounge by herself. When she's been with her twin, they usually started fighting, and well Shanaria's been busy with the ship and the Omwatii guards. And she doesn't know what her Master has been doing.

After a moment, she rises abrutly and starts to pace. She does not want to do this at all. All she wants is to be a Jedi and not have to burden of rulership of an entire planet. But since when does that ever matter. All her life since becoming the Guardian, everbody has always decided for her what she has to do.

She stops her pacing by the window of the spaceship and looks outside and takes a deep breath. The King won't listen to their requests, no matter how much strength they have. He will be removed from power and then she'll be put in charge. She sighs slightly and continues to look out the window.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:18:31 AM
“Your mind is clouded.” Dasquian had made no attempt to enter silently, but suspected Shandri might have been so enraptured in her own worries and thoughts to notice him arrived. His face shows no real expression, though concern is evident in his voice. “Are you certain this is the course of action you wish to take?”

Shandri La
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:27:58 AM
Shandri turns around to face Dasquian as he speaks.

"I don't know Master. I just don't know of the other options. When my half-brother finds out that Chelsea is still alive, then either she or myself will be killed. I can't allow that. If it's her that's killed, I couldn't stand loosing her again. If it's me that's killed, it'll devastate Chelsea.

If we are lucky, my half-brother will change the rules and not follow his Father's orders about us and let both of us live. But that's not likely. But things will be better this way. The Guardian will be able to have a life of her own. She'll get to be a person, something which hasn't been so for as long as there have been the Guardians."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:35:33 AM
The Jedi Knight gave a thoughtful nod. “Do you know what the repercussions for the rest of the planet and its citizens will be?” he then asked. Ousting a monarch from their throne was sure to cause some tremors throughout Shandri’s homeworld. “Is it in the best interest of your people to do this, rather than simply in the interest of you and your sister?”

Shandri La
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:10:11 PM
"As long as it is a blood member of the royal family, there will be minimal problems. There will always be those that are completely loyal to my brother. There is no way of getting around that. Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure of what will happen. I don't want it to come to removing him from the throne. But if what I have heard is true, then things are only minimally better with him ruling right now then they were when the Sith were ruling.

And Master, it's not in my best interest to do this. All that I want is to be a Jedi. A keeper of peace and justice. But I've listened to the arguements of Shanaria and Chelsea and they do have a few good points. What I'd like is to let my sister be the Queen, but that can't be, at least not yet because the Guardian can only be the Guardian and it's always the first born daughter which means Chelsea.

If things are well on my homeworld, then all we need to do is convince my brother to let both Chelsea and myself live."

Chelsea La
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:16:56 PM
Chelsea walks into the cockpit of the ship where Shanaria is and sits down in an empty seat.

"Shanaria, what should we do if Shandri backs out of this. Every time I've seen her, her and I have started fighting and get no where at all. Why can't she see that what I did, I did for her own protection. Why does it seem like she hates me now?"

Shanaria Fabool
Sep 29th, 2004, 12:30:06 PM
Shanaria turns to face Chelsea.

"I think Shandri knows that this is for the better. I don't think she will back out. Likely she will just take the throne, make some changes, and the leave you in charge as a regent, so she would still be able to have her own life. I know if I was in her place that's what I would do.

I can see where she is comming from though, You made her suffer with the pain of loosing her twin, and forcing her into a job that you were trained for, when really you were not dead, living a life that you wanted. She is mad that you made her suffer for no reason other than to save her life.

Having Shandri under the protection of Omwat will likely be what gives us the upper hand. I will do my part under the Laws of My people. She is in our protection. Your living, with her under the current laws, meens that she is to be killed. If they go to kill you instead of her inorder to avoid troubles with Omwat's military, we will still be able to stop them, since your death will cause her more harm then if they killed her."

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:12:10 PM
“We can only hope that your brother will be as benevolent as you suggest, then,” Dasquian replied, nodding slightly. As much as he wanted to ensure the safety of Shandri and her sister, he was always conscious of the greater consequences that the actions of the Jedi had. Even though many believed they were acting in the interests of the Republic, it was all too easy for a member of the Order to assume a diplomatic power that they did not in fact have.

Shandri La
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:09:22 PM
Shandri nods her head slightly, praying that he will be that nice.

"Do you think what my sister did was fair? Letting me believe that she was dead?"

Chelsea La
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:15:26 PM
"I hope you're right Shanaria. I really hope that you're right.

Question, about how much longer until we come out of hyperspace?"

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:09:34 AM
Shanaria was about to answer Chelsea's question when the nav computer starts to beep at her to exit Hyperspace. As Shanaria goes to pull them out, she says,

"Look like we are there. Could you go back and tell the other?"

Chelsea La
Oct 13th, 2004, 10:16:04 AM
"Sure."

Chelsea stands up and exits the cockpit, making her way through the ship to the lounge where Shandri has been spending most of her time. She takes a deep breath, determined to keep her calm this time, she opens the door.

"We're just coming out of hyperspace now."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 24th, 2004, 04:17:54 AM
“While I won’t condone her lying, sometimes these things are needed. As you know, the Force works in mysterious ways. Though we may not immediately see the necessity for something, it is possible that in time its purpose will become clear.” At that time the door opened and Chelsea entered. She spoke and Dasquian nodded. “We’d best gather other things then,” he continued, looking between the twin sisters. From his own conflicts with his brother, Aaron, Dasquian understood all too well the tension between the pair.

Shandri La
Oct 27th, 2004, 11:13:37 AM
Shandri looks at her twin sister and frowns, not overly happy to see her right now, though she nods at what her twin sister says.

Chelsea La
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:24:00 PM
"Look Shandri, I know you aren't happy with me right now, I'm not happy with me right now either. But we need to do this so we both can live. And I hope that in time, you will forgive me for what I did, but I believed I was doing what was right in order to keep you safe, just as you would have done what you thought right in order to keep me safe."

Chelsea says before she turns and heads back up to the cockpit.

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:48:56 PM
Shanaria is just finishing pulling the ship out of hyperspace when Chelsea steps back into the cockpit. She looks over her shoulder back at her.

"So, how did things go back there?"

She turns her attention back to flying the ship, aiming the ship at the planet's Spaceport.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:41:15 PM
“She was trying to keep you safe,” Dasquian repeated. “An ill-executed but well-meaning gesture, one that she seems to have learned from.” Nodding as he voiced his thoughts, the Jedi Knight set up gathering what few belongings he brought with him. The ship was plunging into the planets atmosphere, trembling as it descended towards the spaceport.

Shandri La
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:57:46 AM
"I know, but it's difficult. She's left me thinking she's dead for who knows how long, and then she just pops up, expecting me to be ok with it.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my things away and then I'll be back here."

Shandri says as she stands up, exits the lounge to head to her room where she packs her few things before going back to the lounge and resumes her seat.

Chelsea La
Feb 8th, 2005, 12:10:37 PM
"Things could have gone beter, but things could have gone way worse. At least she didn't try and kill me."

Chelsea says as she sits herself down in her seat again.

Shanaria Fabool
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:36:02 PM
"Well at least we have some saving graces."

Shanaria goes to bring the ship down to the landing field they were directed to.

"So Here we are. I guess we go to the palace from here."