PDA

View Full Version : First pictures of the Fantastic Four in costume

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:31:56 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6445

Thing looks great, plus we get the full-on Chilkis :D

Reed looks perfect, Johnny isn't blonde but that doesn't bother me. Alba I'm hopeful on.

I like the costumes :D

Salem Ave
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:37:42 AM
Jessica Alba hot damn!

Thing = wahey :thumbup

Darth McBain
Sep 21st, 2004, 11:40:04 AM
Ooh yeah - Jessica Alba is looking zesty there... :) They all look pretty good...

JMK
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:01:57 PM
So far so good. Thing looks better than I was expecting!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:16:16 PM
Still I am boycotting this movie, they casted a TV actor for Doom, that was horrible, the guy can't act. I am sorry I have no interest in this movie. I will take Batman over this in a hearbeat. Heck Batman will kick F4's butt.

JMK
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:27:42 PM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Batman wins in a heartbeat no matter how good F4 looks. I didn't know they had casted Doom, it's pretty disappointing that they cast a nobody.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:37:18 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Still I am boycotting this movie, they casted a TV actor for Doom, that was horrible, the guy can't act. I am sorry I have no interest in this movie. I will take Batman over this in a hearbeat. Heck Batman will kick F4's butt.

Julian McMahon plays a villain well. I'm not sure he has the presence to pull off the good Doctor, but I certainly wouldn't discredit him just because he isn't some big-name Hollywood star.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:40:34 PM
Well true but Doom should be played by a big actor, you need somebody with presense which I don't think he has. To me this movie is dead on arrival especially since it looks War of the Worlds will be coming out the same weekend.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:45:25 PM
Who knows, this performance might proove that McMahon can handle a role this big. At least one thing is certain- he'll do a better job than the guy in the last attempt to make a F4 movie.

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2004, 12:54:57 PM
Olé! :D

Zasz Grimm
Sep 22nd, 2004, 03:06:16 AM
I'm looking forward to McMahon's role as Doom. I think he plays a superb villain, and that he will pull this off well. I have faith in him. [/Cole from charmed fan]

And he's probably the only reason why I'm going to the movie. And i hope it beats out War of The Worlds. They should have never remade that movie...EVER. The original will always be the best.

Shawn
Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:44:50 AM
I sat here and tried to think of who would make a good Dr. Doom. It took me all of about 5 seconds to decide: Simon Templeman. No, seriously. Since Doom should be behind a mask the entire movie (or close to it), you need someone with a commanding voice, who's accustomed to conveying their character's emotions without the benefit of facial expressions. He could pull off playing the role of the Doctor pre-facial scarring, as well.

Ok, so I'm something of a fanboy. But I still think he'd be amazing in the part. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:42:30 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
I sat here and tried to think of who would make a good Dr. Doom. It took me all of about 5 seconds to decide: Simon Templeman. No, seriously. Since Doom should be behind a mask the entire movie (or close to it), you need someone with a commanding voice, who's accustomed to conveying their character's emotions without the benefit of facial expressions. He could pull off playing the role of the Doctor pre-facial scarring, as well.

Ok, so I'm something of a fanboy. But I still think he'd be amazing in the part. :)

Oh, if only, Shawn... if only.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:51:30 PM
Johnny's not blonde?!! o_O

I don't really like what they've done with Ben. Alba's hot enough to kick start a 747 so I've got no complaints there. Still, I'm just not that excited about this movie. I have no idea who the actor playing Doom is but I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Alan Rickman(sp?) doing it. "I'm going to count to 3 Mr. Richards...."

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:24:42 PM
I wanted Irons he would have been perfect, IMO. The rest of the cast don't thrill me. I just don't like Alba as actress and that Human torch guy has been in bad movies his whole carrer.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:48:48 PM
Well, at least Alba looks good as blonde. Also, the Thing needs the brow. Ben needs a big brow o' rock to look proper.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2004, 02:29:45 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Well, at least Alba looks good as blonde. Also, the Thing needs the brow. Ben needs a big brow o' rock to look proper.

So that's what he's missing! I knew there was something wrong.

Shawn
Sep 23rd, 2004, 02:52:35 AM
I saw an earlier picture of Ben where he didn't look completely rocky yet. It was explained that he was still in a transitional stage. Perhaps that's the case with the above photo.

Alba looks a little too "hot" to play the Invisible Woman, IMO. Sue doesn't look like a supermodel.

And the guy they got for Johnny is just wrong. He's supposed to be the cocky blonde teenager. In that pic, he looks older than Reed.

Still, I'll give it a chance. I hated the costumes for X-Men when I first saw them.

jjwr
Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:56:36 AM
Can't go wrong with Alba IMO.

Thing doesn't quite look right without the brow.

The other two....honestly I when I saw the pictures I thought the guy playing Johnny was Reed and vice versa. Johnny looks too old and looks scholoary, where Reed looks like the young guy.

Crystal
Sep 23rd, 2004, 08:37:32 AM
They updated the scans. They aren't as washed out and small now.

JMK
Sep 23rd, 2004, 09:18:58 AM
There's no way they weren't going to pick the hottest actress available for the role of Sue Storm. Why kill yourself with bad marketing before you even start shooting? I'm not saying I think she's a great choice, just trying to determine the marketing rationale behind her selection.

Shawn
Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:08:43 AM
Originally posted by JMK
There's no way they weren't going to pick the hottest actress available for the role of Sue Storm. Why kill yourself with bad marketing before you even start shooting? I'm not saying I think she's a great choice, just trying to determine the marketing rationale behind her selection. Yeah, I understand that. I just think she looks terrible for the role.

Just looked at the new pics. Ben's body looks really, really good. It looks like his arm is cracked, though?

The costumes look very nice. They're slick yet believable.

Jedieb
Sep 23rd, 2004, 03:23:33 PM
Also, the Thing needs the brow. Ben needs a big brow o' rock to look proper.
Couldn't put my finger on it, but that's one of things that kept bugging me. He's just not rocky enough. Some people were underwhelmed by early X-Men images, so the project certainly isn't doomed, no pun intended, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:21:29 PM
Somebody like Naomi Watts or Charlice Theron would have been great in this part. What worries me is all of these choices are the third and fourth choices. Rumors are the script is horrible, I have a feeling this film won't do well.

ReaperFett
Sep 23rd, 2004, 05:15:01 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
What worries me is all of these choices are the third and fourth choices.

Oh you did NOT just diss Chilkis as Thing!

:)

Shawn
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:01:50 PM
A little thread necromancy for some new pictures I came across. ;)

http://members.tripod.com/~Web_Shooter/fan4/fan4.htm

Pierce Tondry
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:14:14 PM
Wow, little did anyone know that Bruce Wayne is real, and that he owns a website dedicated to a movie about characters owned by franchise rivalling DC. :)

Razielle Alastor
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:38:06 PM
I sat here and tried to think of who would make a good Dr. Doom. It took me all of about 5 seconds to decide: Simon Templeman.

:hug

this is why I love you man... Kain in Latveria! woohoo!

Shawn
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:39:39 PM
Pardon me, but... AHAHAHAHA!! :lol Look what I found on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187635/

Scroll down to Dr. Doom.

Azumi Rae
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:01:11 PM
On a sort-of off-topic note - a friend of mine is an extra in this movie. He got $100 a day and all the food he could eat. Supposedly he's in a scene with "lots of action" :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:17:29 AM
Pardon me, but... AHAHAHAHA!! :lol Look what I found on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187635/

Scroll down to Dr. Doom.

must... see... movie!!!

Morgan Evanar
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:08:52 AM
WE ALL WIN. YES! Hooray!

Aw crap that is the cartoon.

Nevlonniel
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:54:24 AM
Originally posted by Shawn on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2004

Originally posted by Shawn on Monday, December 6, 2004

Scroll down to Dr. Doom.

:eek WOW! Good call, Shawn!!!

Maybe someone came here and saw what you'd written and put the idea to use! :uhoh

Shawn
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:06:54 PM
That listing is for the old cartoon from circa '94. So I suppose I was beaten to the punch. :) But it still means I had the right idea.

Lady Vader
Dec 7th, 2004, 01:26:57 PM
Ah, didn't see that part. But, yeah, you definitely had the right idea. :)