PDA

View Full Version : The Cruel Tutelage of Anbira (Loki, Buliwyf, and Rognan)

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:34:18 PM
The serene skies over the Yavin jungle echoed with a rumble. A lambda class shuttle swooped over the lush canopies low and slow, searching for a place to land. As the craft approached a pre-designated clearing, its wings trundled upwards toward the dorsal stabilizer, allowing the shuttle to float downwards on repulsors, until three landing skids pressed into the soft jungle soil. A hiss of pneumatics drew a durasteel gangplank downward from the shuttle's body.

Leaning back in his seat, Anbira smiled at the scene through the viewport. He disliked flying to a point, and it was good to get it over with and arrive at their destination. He glanced across from him at Loki, who sat in the co-pilot's seat, and not for show, either. The teenager was an accomplished navigator. Unlike his master, Loki was naturally interested in all such things. Small differences that Anbira appreciated for what they were.

"Well, we're here." He clasped an arm over the padawan's shoulder, and took on a serious tone. "Are you sure you want to go through with this? Once we start, we won't stop for six months."

Anbira was pleased that his youngest student was ready to continue his studies, but he wondered if Loki was prepared for the daunting physical requirements that would face him. Pardoning the cliche, it was time for the boy to become man.

Buliwyf
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:48:06 PM
The ride is uncomfortable for Buliwyf. It has nothing to do with the ship. Though not terribly familiar with them, he does not dislike them. The trips are usually peaceful... relaxing.

It is the anticipation. He never was very good with waiting. He had been looking forward to this training, relishing the opportunity to train with Master Anbira and his Padawan. When the ship finally touches down, he can barely contain himself. It is... unseemly... to appear so eager. Too childlike. But, try as he might, he cannot help but hurry while gathering his supplies and heading toward the hatch.

Loki Ahmrah
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:36:15 PM
“I understand.” Loki responded solemnly. His gaze met that of his master and it carried a look of firm resolve. From the blank uncertainty of what he was to be faced with over the following months came a thrill of excitement at the thought of finally being able to prove himself to his mentor and peers. A smile crept through his serious visage.

“I want to do this, master. I’m ready.”

A series of clicks followed as the padawan turned to the console before him and ran his finger over a number of switches. The engines cooled with a whine of relief and all went still within the vessel. Loki stood, along with his master, and readied his things for the journey ahead. Before leaving the ship he would return to the cockpit for a last routine check, stroke the navigation instruments and pat the control console until he rendezvoused with Anbira at the foot of the gangplank bearing a hefty rucksack.

“Are the others ready?”

AmazonBabe
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:01:22 PM
AB was leaving the shelter of the temple they had taken up residence as Loki stopped to stand beside Anbira at the base of their ship's gangplank.

They'd landed on one of the makeshift landing pads that stretched on one side of the temple, and weren't far from where she'd emerged.

She reached them, looking at Anbira's students with a smile, before finally looking at Anbira. She reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing gently.

"Welcome to Yavin, Anbira. I'm glad you and your Padawans made it safely."

She released his shoulder and gestured back to the large stone temple.

"Your rooms have been cleaned and prepared for you."

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:11:22 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
“Are the others ready?”

Anbira glanced back at the shuttle.

"Buliwyf seems eager enough. As for Rognan, I am sure he will be joining us soon. I don't intend to wait up, though. We have much work to do."

A familiar face approached from the refurbished temple.

"Thank you, Rie."

He smiles knowingly.

"However, I don't think we'll be doing much living in the temple proper on our stay."

He crossed thick arms over his chest.

"I intend to rough it."

AmazonBabe
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:49:26 PM
AB's smile grew wider as she raised an eyebrow. "Well, there's plenty of room here on Yavin to 'rough it'." To emphasize her words, she spread her arms in either direction, encompassing what jungle she could with her gesture.

"But if you ever want a roof over your head and a home cooked meal, you're more than welcome to join us in the temple."

She looked at Loki before looking back at Anbira. "Just be sure to leave a com channel open if you need to contact us or vice versa."

Buliwyf
Sep 11th, 2004, 10:27:57 PM
Buliwyf, after gathering his gear, moves next to Anbira. He hears the comment about "roughing it".

I would just like to say, Master Anbira, that I am very thankful for the chance to train under you. What is my first task?

Loki Ahmrah
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:12:10 PM
There she was, Master Rie Mystt; resembling some sort of goddess with her unearthly beauty. She burned brighter than the sun in the sky and was more exotic than any wild flower in the jungle. Though petite, Loki believed that if he dared to stare, those long slender legs would never end but it was hardly a sin they did for her perfect figure was also a feast for the eyes. Then her face, a thing of such unrivalled beauty that it took a great deal of will power from even a well-trained padawan not to become transfixed and enamoured. And the final touch, a crown blossoming with fiery red hair making Master Mystt, Rie, the most precious specimen in all of nature.

“Greetings Master Mystt.”

She had been Loki’s first crush, ever since the day he first met and told her how pretty he found her name. That was the day he and a group of Jedi boarded Sanis Prent’s ship and headed off to dispose of the infamous Laenos Lith. And he remembered it like it were yesterday, he was eight then and nine years later, her beauty hadn’t faded in the slightest. He smiled.

“A pleasure to see you again.”

Suddenly, the padawan’s attention was drawn to the newly arrived Buliwyf. Loki turned and gave him a curt nod before turning his attention back to Rie. There would be plenty get-to-know-you time to be had later anyway.

Anbira Hicchoru
Sep 15th, 2004, 10:46:14 PM
Anbira smiled at Loki's puppy-love mannerisms as he addressed Rie. The boy was growing up. He'd get plenty used to such awkward times.

He glanced back to his other, towering student, who wasn't interested in such pleasantries. He was ready to go to work. Anbira appreciated that.

"Your first task is to wait."

That seemed to be an impossible thing to ask of the barbarian. Anbira clapped an arm on his shoulder.

"At least until Rognan Dar arrives. We travel together."

He turned back to Rie, and paused...changing gears a bit.

"I suppose we can afford ourselves at least one good home-cooked meal, for the road anyway."

Rognan Dar
Sep 23rd, 2004, 05:32:06 PM
Through the long ride Rognan had been alone with his thoughts. He was wondering what Anbira had planned for him. He hoped that there meeting in the Training Grounds would have givin him more to learn on. But as it was, he was more left in suspence to what it was. And wanting to learn more about TK brought him on this ship. He truly wanted to learn all he could about it. Even if it ment to beat it out on Yavin.

Coming down the ramp Rognan saw Anbira standing next to his padawans. He also recognized AB greeting them. It had been some time since he saw her or others that went with her to Yavin. Walking up with a travelers sack over his should he stopped next to the group and gave Anbira a nod to let him know he was ready. He also nodded to the padawans and AB in greetings.

AmazonBabe
Sep 24th, 2004, 06:45:29 PM
AB smiled at Loki's greeting. His fondness of her was refreshing and, quite frankly, cute.

"It's good to see you again as well, Padawan Ahmrah." She looked as the other two Padawans came to join them. "As well as the rest of you."

She looked back at Anbira. "Well, looks like you've got your work cut out for you. I'll see to it that Morgan and Ryla know you have arrived."

She turned her head to look at the trio of Padawans standing silently by. "You boys behave...," She then looked back at Anbira. "And try not to get into too much trouble."

With a last smile, she turned and began walking back to the large stone temple where they had taken up residence in.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:00:06 PM
As Rie set off, Loki took an enthusiastic step forward to follow her back to the temple then stopped dead in his tracks. Knowing it was impossible now not to look daft, he turned sharply on his heel and faced the others. He wore an apologetic look as he addressed his mentor and long-time father figure.

"Well master, are we going to be heading straight to the temple or is there some training to be done first?"

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:40:44 PM
"Well, now that we're all together, I don't see any point in waiting any longer."

Adjusting the rucksack he carried over a shoulder, Anbira looked to the group's left, toward a rolling mountain range covered in trees.

"We're going that way. I hope you're wearing comfortable shoes."

With that, they were on their way. The path Anbira had taken would lead them away from the temple considerably, venturing deep into the twisting expanses of the Yavin mountain rainforests.

Rognan Dar
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:56:16 PM
Rognan was happy to get going. He had thought about this moment for quite a while and was now sure that he was ready for the challenge. He didn't get out of system all that much and this was a good change of enviroment. He took in a deep breath of the sweet forest air and followed Anbira, not knowing what to really expect from this adventure.

Buliwyf
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:36:52 PM
Though no task had yet been assigned, Buliwyf is glad to be moving... to be going somewhere. The path is somewhat ragged, but is no worse than the rocky land of his home. He hitches his pack up a bit higher, adjusting it around the massive broadsword on his back. He follows the Jedi Master in the lead, anxious about what awaits.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:21:22 AM
Loki glanced at his boots, standard Jedi footwear, brown leather; they were sufficient for the job as were the rest of his clothes. The terrain passed effortlessly underneath his feet as their trek brought them to a steady incline. Grey rock mingled with tough soil, providing plenty of grip for their ascent until the group reached the green shrubbery lining the outskirts of the forest.

"You look like you've done this sort of thing loads of times before, Buliwyf. Have you had much experience in hiking?"

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:04:15 PM
:(