PDA

View Full Version : Polar Opposites (Lorani)

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:17:38 AM
Morning had just broke, and a wake-up call had been sent to the sleeping quarters of one young Sith Apprentice. It was a summons, that she should come to the training grounds immeadiately. There, waiting, sat a man in a grey coat with a frown etched onto his face.

Lorani T'sava
Aug 17th, 2004, 12:04:29 PM
Lorani was far from being impressed about being woken up so early. She likes sleeping in, but a summons to the training grounds is something that she will listen to. It might mean a chance to do some training, something that she's been wanting for awhile.

As she enters the training grounds, she's stretching while in the middle of a yawn, still trying to wake up. She looks around and notices that Vega is the only other person there right now so she walks over to him, stifling another yawn.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 18th, 2004, 04:14:37 AM
His eyes lifted.

“What is your name, child, and why do you walk so carelessly and freely through the halls of Hell?”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:18:08 AM
"My names Lorani T'sava, and I walk so carelessly and freely through the halls of Hell because this is my home."

Lorani says this with pride in her voice.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 18th, 2004, 11:16:17 AM
“What vile thing poisoned your mind that would drive you to think of coming to call this, of all places, home? Did your father beat you, child? Did your mother abandon you? Were they both slain at the hands of some murderous psychopath?” he inquired, with idle curiosity. “Or is it simply that you believe yourself to be evil?”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:44:39 AM
"No vile thing has poisoned my mind to call this place home. As for my parents, I know not what has become of them because I was in an orphanage before I came here. As for my being evil, with luck I'll be able to show to the galaxy what I can do. I wish to make the girls that stole my toys tremble in fear when they realise who I am."

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:20:10 AM
“That’s what this is over? A few stolen toys?” Vega snorted a laugh.

“And do you honestly expect to be able to make a real mark, in that frail young body?”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:04:30 AM
Lorani narrows her eyes slightly.

"I may be young, but that by no means makes me frail. I'm betting half the members here are more frail then me.

I'll have you know that I can do damage in places where you could never dream of doing damage."

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 23rd, 2004, 02:46:56 AM
He burst out laughing. It was genuine amusement too, cutting and sharp, echoing through the dusty and previously still grounds. As the chuckle subsided, Vega shook his head. “We’ll see about that, child.”

He brought his fingertips to his chin in thought, then indicated a tree off to their left. It was old, gnarled and barely managing to stay alive when surrounded by such darkness. “Show me what you can do.”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 27th, 2004, 09:40:03 AM
Lorani looks at the tree and frowns slightly. She doesn't have much in the way of skills. After a moment, she smiles slightly and closes her eyes as she brings up her anger, and hatred, using those emotions to touch the Force. She then does her best to use the Force to make Vega believe that she's blowing up the tree though she's not very good at dealing with ppl's minds yet, yet alone one of a trained individual.

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:37:11 AM
Though it is clear that what Vega is seeing is an illusion, he allows his mind to be tricked for the time being, if only to see the quality of the image that the girl produces. “You disappoint me, child.” He rose to his feet, towering over Lorani, and asked in a condescending voice: “Do you know what telekinesis is?”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:23:36 AM
Lorani looks up at Vega as he stands up and towers over her, dropping the illusion.

"Yes, I do know what telekinesis is. It's the ability to move objects with your mind. A skill that I have yet to succeed at, no matter how hard I try."

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:09:14 AM
“Yet you have a basic understanding of illusions. What else can you do, girl? Or is that parlor trick your arsenal in its entirety?”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:24:38 AM
"I don't know what else I can do with the Force but I can crawl through small areas to get to places where I'm not supposed to be. Illusions are the only thing I've learned how to do with the Force."

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:06:18 AM
The Lupine’s eyes narrowed. “Have you the ability to project these illusions on yourself, to create a disguise of sorts?”

Lorani T'sava
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:50:37 AM
Lorani shrugs her shoulders slightyl.

"I don't know. I've never thought about it, or even tried."

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:08:49 AM
“It’s really quite simple. Instead of projecting the image ahead of you, onto something else, you focus it onto your own body. Try it.”

Lorani T'sava
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:26:31 AM
Lorani nods before bringing up her anger in order to touch the Force. When she does that, she goes to put an illusion around herself. She does her best to do a tree. The tree does appear, but she didn't make it big enough, or have it go all the way around so her arms are showing.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:51:02 AM
Vega chuckled at the rather odd looking branches that the tree had sprouted. “That is disguising you as a tree, yes, but only to someone standing directly in front of you. You have to imagine that the illusion is like a light almost, radiating from within you. It must shine in all directions.”

Lorani T'sava
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:04:16 PM
Lorani focuses more on her illusion to change it so that it goes all the way around her this time.

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 4th, 2004, 07:21:36 AM
Vega watches, somewhat hopeful that this time the illusion will completely surround the child. “It’s no easy skill. Even the best of Sith find illusions tricky. I think it would be best,” he continued, “if we focused on simpler tasks first, so that you gain a sound base knowledge of the Force before attempting to build on more complicated abilities.”

He dipped his hand into his coat pocket, and procured an old-fashioned lighter, meant for lighting stims and cigarras. “What you are going to learn to do is… to extinguish this flame.” The lighter sparked and a little flicker of fire danced inside of it. Vega, demonstrating, spread his hands apart. Then, motioning faintly towards the lighter, he caused the fire to die.

“How do you think I did that?” he asked.

Lorani T'sava
Sep 4th, 2004, 07:30:29 AM
Lorani watches with interest as Vega lights the lighter, and then extinguishes the flame. There is only one answer that she can come up with.

"You used the Force to extinguish the flame."

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:14:23 AM
“How? Think. There is more than one way that I could have done that.”

Lorani T'sava
Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:08:48 PM
"Maybe you could remove the oxygen from around the flame and keep the oxygen away."

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:30:18 AM
“Perhaps,” Vega nodded in approval, although that had not been the answer he had been looking for. “Another way to approach the task would be to try and use the Force as an extension of your own body – an aura, if you will… so that when you were within a certain distance of it, you could affect the flame without physically touching it.” Having said this, he watched to see Lorani’s reaction, wondering if the penny would drop.

Lorani T'sava
Nov 17th, 2004, 11:27:52 AM
"So basically, I could use the Force as an extension of myself, like another hand and put out the flame."

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:43:48 PM
“Precisely. No doubt you can imagine the countless situations this could be applied to… it is an invaluable skill to possess, not least of all, in combat, allowing you to strengthen attacks and also – obviously – attack from a distance.” He motioned to the lighter, reigniting the flame.

Lorani T'sava
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:10:25 AM
"But how exactly does a person do that though?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:22:17 AM
“Telekinesis. The same way that you extinguish the flame. The only difference is the strength with which the Force works through you. It’s quite simple really.”

Lorani T'sava
Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:54:18 AM
Lorani gets a slight frown on her face at the mention of telekinesis.

"And if the person is unable to use telekinesis or has an extremely difficult time with it, how else could a person do that?"

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 12th, 2005, 05:44:02 AM
Vega paused, then frowned slightly. “I’m afraid the only other way to augment your strength would be to increase the normal way – through physical training.”

Lorani T'sava
Feb 12th, 2005, 12:30:36 PM
Lorani nods her head slightly at this.

"Ok."