PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode III Meet-Up Thread

Eve
Aug 15th, 2004, 12:06:21 PM
This post shall serve as the official notice/thread for any and all...
Episode III Meet-Ups

There will be no replies to this thread as it will be closed. If you want to join a specific meet-up, offer another meet-up location, or offer information and updates for this thread, either post in this thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36533), or PM Lilaena DeVille/Holly.

To PM LD, click here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=283).

Episode III Release Date is May 19, 2005

<HR>MEET UP ONE: LAS VEGAS<HR>
Dates (Tentative): Arrive Wednesday, May 18th, Depart Saturday, May 21st
General Location: Hotel TBA
Room Booking: It is suggested you see a travel agent in your home town to book a flight and accomodations.
Members Attending: In alphabetical order by member name...
+ Cardinal Aiyalin and Hubby
+ Charley
+ Fett
+ Figrin
+ Lilaena DeVille and Hubby
+ Mu Satach
+ Pierce Tondry
+ Shade Magus
+ Slayn Cloak

<HR>MEET UP TWO: LOS ANGELES<HR>
Dates (Tentative): TBA
General Location: Hotel TBA
+ LV and Hubby (possibly flexing to Vegas)
+ LD and Hubby (flexing to Las Vegas after the midnight show in LA)

Extra Info: LD is putting together T-Shirts for all attending members. Shirts are expected to be $10 each.

Updated 9/07/04

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:15:35 PM
As has been pointed out to me - this is severely outdated.

Anyone care to update their plans, or lack of plans? As far as my own plans go - after buying my house in November, I don't think I'll have traveling money to go out of state. I'll be more than willing/happy/estatic to meet up with people here in Portland, OR, however.

AmazonBabe
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:28:00 PM
Ok, so i guess you driving down to CA is not gonna happen? :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:19:39 PM
no probably not :(

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:50:28 PM
Since the plans for Vegas instantly died on me, I'm tentatively planning on going to Los Angeles now.

However, with people abandoning ship on that one as well (LD and Morg), I can't say I'm 100% on that one either.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:06:01 PM
I'm going to be hiking Hadrian's wall the month before, so this is 99% likely to be set aside.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:11:23 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I'm going to be hiking Hadrian's wall the month before, so this is 99% likely to be set aside.

woahWoahWOAH. Hadrian's wall where?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:19:53 PM
In England, first week of May, I think.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:47:52 PM
ooooh I AM JEALOUS.

I got left behind when my family went to Hadrians Wall. :( Not that I would have enjoyed it anyway, because I was only 3 or 4.

And I'm still trying to come down in May to CA, but it's a little iffy now. Updates when available.

*my damn cat keeps using my arms as a jumping off spot for attacking my monitor.*

Pierce Tondry
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:34:01 PM
Funds aren't currently available and I can't be sure they will be. Better take me off the list. Do let me know if something happens later in the summer though.

AmazonBabe
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:19:36 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
Since the plans for Vegas instantly died on me, I'm tentatively planning on going to Los Angeles now.

However, with people abandoning ship on that one as well (LD and Morg), I can't say I'm 100% on that one either.

Gee, what am I? Chop liver? :(

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
And I'm still trying to come down in May to CA, but it's a little iffy now. Updates when available.

*my damn cat keeps using my arms as a jumping off spot for attacking my monitor.*

*crosses fingers* Hope you can make it. :)

Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
Funds aren't currently available and I can't be sure they will be. Better take me off the list.

Oh sure, likely excuse. :p :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:46:29 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
In England, first week of May, I think.

I live in Wallsend, named thus because it is the original end of - you guessed it - Hadrian's Wall! :o You are going to be... an hour or so away from me, at most.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:56:01 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Gee, what am I? Chop liver? :(

No offense, but I would've much rather gone to Vegas. I know I'll have a good time in LA, but I've never been to Vegas and I've always wanted to. I'll figure out what I'm doing soon. It currently depends on whether I have enough vacation time for this as well as seeing a friend of mine who's visiting me from Germany.

Lady Vader
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:05:10 PM
No offense taken. :)

I've never been to Vegas either, but I can keep on waiting for it. :)

Shade Magus
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:41:26 PM
After running a few numbers and stuff like that. Sadly I wouldn't be able to go to Vegas, but if there is somewhat of a meeting in LA I would definitely go to that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:28:28 PM
We've been throwing out ideas here in my house from everything from Disneyworld to Disneyland, from Vegas to Canada. We'll probably end up here, in Oregon. :)

Eve
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:57:51 PM
I quit my old job in November and got a new one in December, which is requiring me to get licensed in some things. Needless to say, I am studying much and working my behind off. I can't be taking any time off for a while.

You guys have fun wherever you go.

General Dan
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:41:07 AM
Right now, we may or may not be going to Los Angeles. I know that time, money, and whatnot will be scarce for s'Il and myself, so we aren't 100% on LA at the moment. We may organize something a bit more local, so we can afford it and such.

Mitch
Jan 27th, 2005, 01:57:44 AM
Well, I've learned that I won't be able to attend the get-together, as I will be in Santa Mesa, California during that whole time at CaliFur 1, a decent sized art convention peddling my wares.

Should anybody get bored and decide to come down and see me, that would be great, but otherwise, I'll have to catch you all later. Darn convention just haaaaaad to fall on that weekend.

(Just learned that Santa Mesa is about an hour south of LA, and may be able to swing some time to come up after all)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:00:59 AM
Well Morg is going to be in my area in the UK around this time, so if any other UK types want to venture up north (Sieken I'm lookingat you :p), come on by.

AmazonBabe
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:08:16 AM
Well, whatever and whoever decides to come up to LA, just let me know.

I'll be in LA for opening night.

Senator Thareena
Jan 27th, 2005, 01:34:45 PM
dang it not even Mitch will be in my area anymore!

...anyone know what happened to Ryla??

Yurza Magus
Jan 28th, 2005, 06:22:30 PM
Well I'll be in the LA area, well actually in the Santa Barbara area, so if there is something in the LA area I'd be happy to tag along.

AmazonBabe
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:03:47 PM
The only requirement is that you dress in costume (ok, not really, but it'd be fun). :p

Once the date draws nearer, more details will be made available as to what's happening here in LA. I should have some solid facts (i.e. which theater, when to line up, etc) by March or April.

Kathrine
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:24:48 PM
Outstanding. Now the only thing I need to do is find out which character to dress as.

Syriande Blue
Feb 7th, 2005, 01:31:47 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Well Morg is going to be in my area in the UK around this time, so if any other UK types want to venture up north (Sieken I'm lookingat you :p), come on by.

Might do, might do :-p

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:40:56 PM
Hey - we're going to be going to Disneyworld in May of 2006, and anyone who wants to tag-a-long is welcome. Star Wars weekends at MGM Studios, bebe. :cool

We'll be staying at the Pop Century Resort (most likely) but I won't be able to start reserving rooms until it gets a bit closer. I'm totally excited though!

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:34:07 PM
It is increasingly likely that I will not be going, to any venue at which a get-together is taking place. Unless certain things happen in the near future, I'm going to have to opt out.

Nevlonniel
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:41:11 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Hey - we're going to be going to Disneyworld in May of 2006, and anyone who wants to tag-a-long is welcome. Star Wars weekends at MGM Studios, bebe. :cool

Star Wars Weekends are cooool! I went to one and got to meet Billy D Williams!

Maybe I can convince Joe to go to Dworld in a year with you guys. :)

Lady Vader
Apr 5th, 2005, 12:40:21 PM
NEW UPDATE! 4/5/2005

Ok, people, listen up! I promised you some updates come April, so here they are!

Star Wars Ep 3 release date: 5/19/2005 (Thursday)

We will be seeing Ep 3 at the AMC 20 at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance

AMC Rolling Hills 20 (http://www.moviewatcher.com/theatres/theatre_information.jsp?unit=242)
2591 Airport Drive
Torrance, CA 90505
Rolling Hills Plaza Crenshaw and P.C.H.
Showtimes: 310-289-4AMC (4262)
Guest Services: 877-262-4450

For those coming from out of town, please let me know with plenty of time so I can either provide you housing at my apartment (I will be able to house only so many), or direct you to a suitable place to stay near the theater.

If the theater follows the same pattern as the last two prequel movies, the tickets will go on pre-sale exactly one week in advance. I will be more than happy to get the tickets for those that say they are going to show up (a seperate line to line up in in the wee hours of the morning before the ticket booths open... to which I will happily stand in... and then laugh as I approach the kiosks and use my CC to buy tickets while those with cash wait... yes, I'm evil). I will expect reimbursement, though.

We will be lining up 24 hours in advance of the midnight screening (no, we are not devout, we're just crazy). That means loitering in the parking lot at around midnight on 5/18, waiting for the last show to let out. If they follow the rules like last time, they won't be putting up the lining up poles until the last show is let out.

Once we see those poles go up, we line up (last time they had something like 4 or 6 simultaneous midnight screenings, so, if memory serves correctly, lining up at any of the midnight poles will suffice. However, best to line up on the side that will be hit less hard by the afternoon sun.

We will be taking shifts staying in the line, to allow for people to get up, move around, go eat, take showers, sleep, etc etc.

I will be gathering chairs, mats, blankets, pillows, and possibly a tent-like structure so that we are comfortable during the day.

We will be dressing in costume when the evening roles around. Those that will be wearing costume will most likely depart the line at about 6pm (leaving some in their place) to go change and such. After 6pm is when things get fun as more ppl begin to show up in costume. Hell, last time we had a Sith vs Jedi lightsaber fight. The Sith outnumbered the Jedi. >D

Once the doors open to the theaters and begin to let in the throngs of fanatics 9us included) we will move into the theater. Some of us will go one direction while the others go in another, thus splitting the party to allow us to take over the best row in the house from both side (yes, I['ve done this before... I am a master at monopolizing the best seats in the house). However, there will be others that will most likely do this, so feel free to let the elbows loose (with the occassional "sorry" if an elbow gets too excited).

Once seated and in place, we can then go in groups to the consession stand to get goodies. I personally will be buying goodies in advance at the local drug store as they are several $$ cheaper than at the consesion stand.

Then, once the movie begins, all is hushed and eyes are transfixed on the screen, the begining fanfare and scrolling words captivating our very being, as the last Star Wars movie to be made it displayed before our eyes. It will be a moment long remembered, I assure you.

AmazonBabe
Apr 18th, 2005, 01:01:07 PM
UPDATe to the update!

I just got word from one of my co-workers that she wants to join us for the "first-in-line extravaganza" and has even offered to bring her RV for our relaxation enjoyment (complete with potty and fridge!).

This just gets better and better. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:08:17 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38212 <-- in the Star Wars forum.