PDA

View Full Version : A casual stroll (open challenge, any Circle member welcome)

Lord Vali
Jul 12th, 2004, 05:05:18 PM
Things had been quiet with the Circle lately. After many of them had run off on some 'mission', things had seemed to die down. In this quietness, Vali had gotten bored. Although there were things he could have been doing, probably even things he should have been doing. The simple truth was, he needed a bit of action. He needed to keep his edges sharp and free of rust.

Quietly, Vali made his way down the streets of Iziz. While his appearance wasn't exactly 'low key' he had a few mental tricks up his sleeve to keep any real attention off of himself. It was a nice night out, and Dxun was bright in the sky. Nights like this tended to draw people out, and if Vali was lucky enough, he'd bump into one of the members of the Circle.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 12th, 2004, 07:43:42 PM
Lord Vali wasn't the only one restless in Iziz that night. Razielle was getting just a tad tired of the solitude. She had been in her element during the little jaunt to Kashyyk. She had been thrilled to participate in the abduction of one: Jax Tondry. But since then she had only gotten her kicks traversing arouind the wilds, taking down prey much bigger than herself.

It was no way for a Sith Knight to live.. Not at all. She longed for the violence of a challenging fight, for the chance to learn the Sith magic that Gav had dangled before her and then dissapeared with. Frustrated with the inability to attain either, she stormed out of the house and went to roam the streets.

She had just lured a young man to her and had made short work of savaging his throat, when a cold wind hit her back. It carried with it the feel of someone watching her, someone she had encountered in the darkened city streets before. Planting a bloody kiss on the cheek of the corpse, Razielle spun around and smiled into the night.

"Lord Vali! Come to make me clean up my mess again....?"

Lord Vali
Jul 14th, 2004, 03:29:02 AM
"Didn't your mommy teach you not to play with your food."

The sentence came from nowhere and everywhere at the same time, as Vali's deep gravelly voice rang through Razielle's head. Afterward, the night became still, with only the faintest of sounds coming from the busier part of the city. Razielle surely was expecting a surprise attack at this point, especially after there previous encounter. Instead, he dropped down in front of her, roughly thirty feet away.

"Why should I care about your mess now. If you want to make a spectacle of yourself, then be my guest."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:30:04 AM
Her eye's did dart around wondering where the attack would come from. She was oddly shocked when he just dropped to the street. Shoving the body away from her, Razielle smiled at Vali, almost affectionately, for she did love a good challenge. Especially if that person happened to be up for a good verbal spat as well, she didn't think she'd be dissapointed.

She turned slowly in a full circle, arms out in a showey gesture. When she stopped her circle, she planted her hands on her hips, looking rather smug.

"A spectacle, am I? I guess that would then make you a voyeur. Tell me, am I a good watch...?"

Lord Vali
Jul 15th, 2004, 04:40:09 AM
"Better than most, I'll say that much."

Slowly, Vali walked toward Razielle, though still intent to keep a fair amount of distance between them. Better to enjoy the moment than rush to the next, at least, that's what they say.

"In fact, I have something for you..."

Vali stopped stort, as if allowing Razielle to close the distance between the two, rather than approaching her threatening.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 15th, 2004, 09:26:30 AM
Clearly Razielle wasn't stupid. She had already been attacked by this guy once and new that he was no piece of cake. But that had been before she had been accepted fully into the Circle. If he was a member, surely he wouldn't do anything too hairbrained..? Yeah right, he was capable of just about anything..

On the other hand, she wasn't about to appear weak or intimidated by him either. Pride and vanity would not allow such things of her. With an inquisitive grin, Razielle cautiously stepped forward.

"Oh, really..? I do so love getting gifts from creepy phantomish-type men, especially on darkened city streets..."

Lord Vali
Jul 15th, 2004, 12:51:34 PM
Rather than shooting his mouth back, Vali's head drooped slightly, as if Razielle's words had actually wounded him. Looking away slightly, as to avoid eye contact, he slowly started to back away.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 15th, 2004, 05:52:39 PM
What was wrong with her? Razielle could have slapped herself. She was normally one with impeccable manners and here she was being as rude as any common street walker. Something about Lord Vali caused her to say the damndest things..Cursing softly under her breath, she shook her head sending her hair swishing back and forth.

"I'm sorry.. I don't know what possesed me to say that. " Stepping forward, she dropped her hands to her sides in a show of defeat, for now.

"Don't go, ok..?"

Lord Vali
Jul 16th, 2004, 01:57:39 AM
From a distance, Vali was a monsterous character who would seem to tower over even the largest of people. Up close however, he didn't seem as large. Keeping his head slightly down, he stepped slightly forward again, slowly reaching out his gloved hand. His deep gravel voice hinted a bit vulnerability.

"You, don't think I'm a monster?"

Razielle Alastor
Jul 16th, 2004, 08:42:37 AM
"I'd say I was ahead in the game of becoming a monster.."

She gave him a little fanged grin. She may be having casual conversation with him now, but Razielle still didn't trust him. He may yet still try removing her head. Although she kept her tone light, the vampyre kept her eyes trained for the first sudden movement from her fellow Circle member.

"Monster is something more inside than out anyways, or so I've been told.."

Jared Mriad
Jul 18th, 2004, 11:41:54 PM
It was a nice evening for a ride, especially when the ride was a imported custom swoop bike that one just conveniently borrowed for the evening – depending on how that one liked or disliked the toy. And so far, Jared was enjoying his little ride through the streets. His brown eyes glinted through the transparent lenses of the custom sunglasses he wore and his hair buffeted furiously in the wind as he swooped through the night.

He flew around a corner, gunning the machine only to suddenly slam it into reverse and air-skid toward two very polite individuals. The machine between his legs rumbled for a moment as Jared sat hovering a few feet above and fifteen so away, looking off his side toward the two. He flipped a switch and slid a lever down to lower the swoop to rest lightly upon it's tracks, which then he flipped it to a death and sat quietly, staring blankly at the two dark spooky figures of the night.

"..."

Lord Vali
Jul 19th, 2004, 05:04:30 AM
Vali slowly found himself moving closer and closer to Razielle. He began to reach for her shoulder when he suddenly stopped and backed away a bit, as if startled. The wooden stake in his right hand found itself being tucked back inside his cloak as a man on a speeder came barreling around the corner. Instead of turning to look behind him, Vali pushed Razielle aside and broke into a run further into the alley.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 19th, 2004, 10:30:34 AM
His hand very nearly curled around her shoulder. Razielle was fairly certain that Vali wasn't the emotional type, but she didn't have any other guess at the moment what his motivations for such an act were. She didn't have time to ponder them either. As she was shoved aside, she looked down the street to see Jared perched rather dashingly on a swoop.

Razielle looked over her shoulder, somewhat deflated that Vali had run-off just when things were getting interesting. Turning back to Jared she headed towards him shaking a finger in almost a scolding manner.

"Now look what you've done! You scared him off.."

She knew very well that Vali wasn't scared, he was likely melded with the shadows and waiting, watching them to see what they would do. One or both of them could expect an attack and she had no idea if it would be her or not aftre their last conversation.

"I'd suggest a little stealth..." She headed for the side of the building, dug her claws in and paused only to toss one last comment over her shoulder.

"Jared....I'd get moving if I was you, I really would. I think you just started a brawl."

Jared Mriad
Jul 19th, 2004, 10:54:43 AM
“Started a brawl? What the hell... I haven't hit anybody yet!” Jared responded, slipping the swoops keys into his pocket as he dismounted and made his path out into the open street for a running force-enhanced jump for the opposite rooftop. Stealth was not his forte, plus, Jared had one bad streak of impatience that seemed to pop up whenever it chose to be a hassle.

'What sorta' brawl did I start this time?' He telepathed to the vampyre, stopping and turning to judge the leap. A frown crossed his face before he took two steps back and ran forward, dropping into a crouch about ten-so feet from the building and launching up into the air. It was enough to allow him to catch the ledge and haul himself up, 'I'm hoping I didn't catch you and a new boyfriend ready for the slaughter.'

Lord Vali
Jul 20th, 2004, 12:33:27 PM
Having sunk back into the shadows, Vali stood watching the two scatter. He waited until Jared had force jumped onto a nice high ledge before he decided to make his move. Quickly stepped back out in the open next to Jared's swoop. He was a bit dishearten to find the key was gone, which had effectively ruined plan A. Instead Vali had to resort to plan B, which consisted of him activating his right wrist blade, and planting it firmly into the to forward section of the swoop. Drawing back, he swung again, this time aiming for the front of the swoop, slightly severing the connecting rod that ran from the body to the nose.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 21st, 2004, 06:32:16 PM
"Very funny Mriad, he is not mine, I assure you."

That was the last thing heard from Razielle before she scaled the wall of the building and disapeared entirely cloaked in the illusion of shadow that comes so easily to predators. It came even more easily to someone who could manipulate the very darkness of the Force to hide herself when needed.

She wasn't sure what exactly Lord Vali had planned, but it seemed he was going to put in an appearance before her at least. As he emerged down on the street, Razielle watched on with wry amusement.

Jared Mriad
Jul 21st, 2004, 08:48:24 PM
Amused may be others, but upon hearing the assault upon his nights acquirements, Jared turned upon heel and quickly strode to the building's edge – looking, no, glaring down upon the stranger as he damaged the swoop. He paid naught for the lovely mode of transport, but the concept of one destroying what was his made it all the more... angering and he found his hands straying down upon his belt to where his weapons rested inactive.

Inactive for the next minute. He was no idiot to surge into a frenzy upon an enemy he had no information or experience in facing - and the fact he held a similar weapon might've influenced the Warrior's choice to stay.

Lord Vali
Jul 22nd, 2004, 01:03:05 AM
Content that he had gained Jared's full attention, Vali retracted his claws. After giving a moments glance, he turned and broke into a run down the alley. Using a force enhanced leap , Vali lept up and grabbed the railing of a fire escape, and pulling himself up. Instead of going up, Vali put his foot through a nearby window and jumped in, disappearing into the darkness.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:27:32 AM
She really thought Vali was coming after her next when he leapt upward. That he chose a more evasive route of going through the building rather than up it intrigued her all the more. Leaving her sentinel of watching to see what Jared would do, Razielle traversed the rooftop to a skylight. With no cerimony at all, the vampyre jumped straight through the glass landing in the hallway, a lengthy drop down. That she landed on her feet was no luck, it was animalistic grace and agility.

Standing, she brushed the glass off her shoulders with a smirk and kicked a bit of it off the toe of her boot. It was dark as pitch within the buildings interior. She didn't sense the hum of any electrical lighting even being available. Most likely the place was abandoned, perfect for the three of them to have a game of cat and mouse. Razielle of course was no mouse...

Walking down the hall, nearly silently she took many twists and turns hunting down the other Knight. He offered her the most damage if she didn't find him before he found her. She put out her thoughts to him alone, loud enough for him to hear if he was in any sort of proximity and from the feel of her skin tensing at the back of her neck, he was..

Oh, Vali..? Come out, come out wherever you are..

Jared Mriad
Jul 24th, 2004, 04:19:32 AM
Jared had caught chase as Vali ran through the alley between, himself running along the rooftops until he disappeared from sight with the sound of shattering glass. Jared paused for a brief moment, then took three steps back. With a quick inhale, the warrior dashed and leapt off the building and caught onto the fire escape Vali had just used with a jolt.

He climbed the rungs enough to slip into the building, pausing at the window in a crouch with his right hand upon his saber's hilt. He swept out his free hand, calling upon the Force to sweep the glass fragments aside before he stepped in quietly..

Lord Vali
Jul 24th, 2004, 07:19:33 AM
The moment Razielle's little mental message was projected, a fist, following a steel blade, flew through the wall, missing the Vampyre's head by inches before drawing back in. On the other side of the wall, Vali's eyes shifted from red to green, then faded into darkness.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 25th, 2004, 02:37:34 PM
"Well... that was rare and sweet of you."

Her comment wasn't a sarcastic one either. Razielle knew the likelihood that Lord Vali had actually missed her head with his claws was slim. Rather, it was more probable that he was just toying with her seeing if she was going to rattle for him easily.

She wasn't.

Stepping over the rubble he had created, Razielle entered the room he had disappearted deeper into. Her fingers, claws of her own, tapped against the handle of her saber. She wasn't stupid, she'd been given her warning and would be prepared to defend the next blow.

Jared Mriad
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:42:05 AM
Jared wondered briefly on what he just got himself into by waking up this evening and stealing that beauty of a motor as he slowly advanced into the building. Shadow combat wasn't his game, nor was detecting another's signature for that matter, and that caused him to approach the first doorway cautiously. He peeked in and looked around a moment before he moved on, just at the same instance that Vali punched a new peephole ahead.

He could've mistaken, but he observed as Razielle's silhouette moved through the hole and Jared make quiet haste to follow, stopping short and standing in said hole, peering into the opaque darkness.

Lord Vali
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:17:01 AM
Razielle had stepped into the room and started forward. Whether or not she realized, Vali hadn't disappeared. Not one bit. Instead he had simply crouched and hid himself in the shadows, waiting for her. Waiting for an exact moment where Razielle was in midstep, Vali rose and swung at her with a quick left, extending his claws at the same time.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:09:24 PM
She knew that Jared was just a few paces behind her. It didn't concern her. He was on his own tonight, as was she. What concerened her was the fact that she could sense the coming attack but couldn't see where it would come from. Razielle detedced no illusions, not force guise in proximity to her. That was what threw her off and almost caused her to get run through ala steel claws.

At the last second, Razielle didn't hesitate and used her already inplace step to tuck herself into low crouch, ducking the swipe. Her shoulder kept rolling forward with the inertia and slammed into Vali's midsection sending them both backward towards the rickety plaster wall. Her tackle was a strong one and they both went through the wall landing in a roll.

As she was the first one recovered, she rolled off her opponent and stood, ready for his next move. She had no idea if Jared was going to follow by means of their newly made door or not, but at least things were no longer dull around Iziz.

Jared Mriad
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:36:42 PM
Didn't these buildings have light fixtures, or something? Jared cursed under his breath, squinting his eyes to try to cut through the dark. He could sense movement, but he couldn't pinpoint them, and that made the warrior irritated. At the crash of mortar and sheet rock, Jared slid into the first room and toward the second, stopping in the shadows just short upon watching in the dim light as Vali rose. Seemed Razielle had a handle on the situation, but the warrior's hands kept close to his 'sabers.

Lord Vali
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:16:10 AM
Instead of trying to capitalize, Razielle rolled away, which was probably the best thing for her. Vali rolled away and stood, to ensure that he wouldn't recieve a nasty shot on his way up. Taking a moment to measure up his opponent, Vali dropped his readied combat stance and began to stalk toward Razielle.

His form didnt hint what his move would be, and seemed more intent to force some offense out of the Vampyre. Jared didn't seem to intent to join in, which was working out pretty well. If he was still around once Razielle was out of the picture, then it would be his turn.

Razielle Alastor
Aug 4th, 2004, 06:55:55 AM
In a mock showing of submission, Razielle backed away from Vali. Her eyes lowered, her violet eyes watched him from beneath her locks of dark hair. Her hands, behind her, wrapped around a large thick plank of wood. She didn't really expect to do any damage to him with it, but it would amuse her to no end when it became stuck on his... cutelry. His claws were handy, but if she didn't get them away from her soon, or take the easy out and draw her saber she was going to be sliced and diced.

He seemed to be atenmpting to bait her into making a rash move. After their last encounter she woulld have thought he'd have realized she didn't make them easily. But she'd play along with his little performance for him and see what he was up to.

Razielle moved to the side quickly, as if she would dart around him towards Jared. She had no intention thought of showing what she held behind her back, or of actually making it to the warrior. She skidded to a sudden halt, prepared to defend herself.

Jared Mriad
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:40:54 PM
Jared squinted as he peered through the dim lights, just about the only sources entering the room came from the window's from the lights of the street. It didn't take his eyes long for him to adjust enough to see outlines of Razielle and Vali, to then did he move into the combat zone. He stopped a few feet behind Razielle, keeping eye on the weapon in her hands with his peripherals, as not to alert Vali of his interest – that is, if he could see in the dark.

He unclipped one saber from it's holster, keeping it's hot end toward the floor as he bent a little and moved to the left of Razielle, keeping his best efforts to have a good mark on Vali.

(Absolutly sorry for such a long delay. :cry)

Lord Vali
Oct 25th, 2004, 02:30:56 PM
Vali stopped when he realized that Razielle wasn't going to attack. Jared was also slowly inching his way into the fight. Readjusting his strategy a bit, Vali began to step back. As he took his last step back, he began to fade a bit, as if he was becoming transparent. Although it was still clear as to where he was, there wasnt much detail after that.

After a few moments, Vali sprung forward, losing the illusion completely. While in midair, he retracted his claws and a beam of crimson light shot forward as the saber in his right hand ignited.

He brought the blade up across his body and landed with a downward diagonal slice aimed at Razielle.

Razielle Alastor
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:56:16 PM
As if in slow motion, Razielle took many factors into account. While Vali was still cloaked in illusion, the thought crossed her mind that Jared was at somewhat of a loss here. His mortal eye's were not going to be able to track Vali's movements the way her's could. He could easily lose sight of him and be in a dire spot.

Normally she wouldn't really give much consideration to that fact, but Razielle had just recently for a comraderie with Jared. He was also a student of Master Mortis and she didn't really wish to see him skewered on Vali's claws this night.

With no time at all to spare, Razielle dropped the wooden board in favor of a more stable weapon. Her own violet saber illuminated before her face and swung to meet the slash coming down at her right side. The hiss of the sabers meeting, combined with the force it took to deflect the blow shoved Razielle back a step into Jared.

Mriad teetered perilously close to the smashed in window of the room. There was a slight drop down to the ground below, but it was better than the being-skewered option.

Sorry Jared..

Razielle kicked out behind her and caught her ally under the chin knocking him backward through the window, From the sound of it he took some more glass with him...

Her attention went back to Vali.

Lord Vali
Oct 26th, 2004, 05:11:35 PM
As Razielle deflected Vali's shot away, he turned with her strike, putting a bit of extra force to snap her saber far enough away to allow him time to recover. As he finished his quick spin, Razielle was delivering a solid back kick to Jared's chin, sending him out a nearby window. When she did, it caused her to extend her arm slightly forward, in order to keep her balance. Without breaking his momentum, Vali whipped his leg forward, catching Razielle's wrist between it and a steel support, causing her to drop her saber.

Vali disengaged his saber as he kicked off of her wrist, and using the turning momentum to through a hard left hook at Razielle's chin.

Razielle Alastor
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:19:56 PM
Her eye's tried to track her fallen weapons movement on the floor. Razielle's gaze shifted in time to jerk her body hard to the left, narrowly avoiding having her head bashed into the wall. As it was Vali's fist connected with the spot where her face had been. The reverberations and splintering the shook the room.

Not about to be put in any worse of a spot than she already was, Razielle grinned and unsheathed her claws. They had danced to this number before, so she knew what to expect - he'd have his claws out to match, in a flash of silver. She'd just have to be faster. First off she went for his arms, shoving them both up and away from her, backing herself off the wall and into the center of the room again.

Her claws went in down in opposing directions then, slicing across his chest. To her great dissapointment she didn't penetrate his armor. No matter, she would. She just needed to find a more tender spot.

Lord Vali
Nov 5th, 2004, 11:00:21 AM
Razielle was faster than he was, but Vali wasn't without his own tricks. As Vali moved to attack, his motions began to blur, not from any kind of enhanced speed, but from a subtle trick being nestled into Razielle's mind. He began to move in, using his claws once more, mixing up quick high and low strikes to keep her on her toes.

Razielle Alastor
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:12:53 AM
Only by arching her body and lconstantly contorting away from those claws, did Razielle manage not to get herself bisected. She did not move fast enough to escape being wounded however. One swipe caught her hish across her ribcage.

Hissing at the pain, Razielle moved right into Lord Vali's movements and acted with them, rather than against them. This brought her right up close to him for the span of a heartbeat. Close enough that she could have bestowed him with a rather nasty bite to his throat if she had chosen. But that was simply too easy.

Turning her feet, Razielle swung around behind Vali's body and immediately took a swipe of her own, right across the small,of his back. She was rewarded with the scent of freshly spilled blood, warm from the exursion of the fight.

Lord Vali
Nov 28th, 2004, 08:39:15 PM
Letting out a roar of anger, with a tinge of pain, Vali immediately spun around, swinging his arm to hit her across the temple with a harsh backhand. Though she didnt have to worry a claw slicing her, her head was set for a nasty collision with the claw's steel housing.

Razielle Alastor
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:09:42 PM
Sadly, Razielle didn't see that one coming. The blow hit her in the side of the temple, splitting her pale skin and sending her backward. Her spine slammed into the wall and cracked the wood. Mometarily stunned she reached up to dab at the dark red blood, trickling down her cheek.

Lord Vali
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:12:01 PM
After making a solid connection with his left had, Vali continued the turn, sending a claw straight toward Razielle's stomach.

Razielle Alastor
Dec 11th, 2004, 04:42:34 PM
There was no time to get out of the way, it wasn't a matter of not getting hit, it was now a matter of diverting the damage. Razielletried to drop out of range, but it didn't stop a single claw from piercing her through the upper side of her chest, below her clavicle. The claw went straight through her small frame, and ripped out through her back imbedding deep into the wall behind her.

She blinked a couple times, truely baffled that she let herself get impaled by Lord Vali. He would likely gloat about it before he killed her. She had just started to like the guy too... It was a pity he was such a snake. Salem was going to be irate...

It was funny, the useless drivel that passed through one's head while they gushed blood. Her's was pumping out quickly, running down the sliver still in her chest and down onto Vali's hands. Her head tilted back against the wall for support, she gazed up at him and weighed her options, carefully.

They were few.

Lord Vali
Dec 11th, 2004, 07:52:12 PM
Vali canted his head slightly to the side as he looked at Razielle, impaled on one of his claws. Though his helmet hid it, he was actually as surprised as she was . He may not have been trying to miss, but he certainly didn't have his hopes on it connecting. Maybe that was the reason it connected in the first place.

Either way, as much as he regretted to do so, if she couldn't survive his assualt, then he couldn't show mercy. He began to draw his arm back to deliver a killing strike, one which would have decapitated her. However, even more surprising to him was that he couldnt draw back! The blade had embedded itself into the wall behind Razielle deeply. He jerked backward a few times only to realize that the claw wasn't coming loose.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, Vali brought his left arm back, extending the blade out, ready to deliver his final strike.

Razielle Alastor
Dec 15th, 2004, 06:26:35 PM
Call it a predator's self preservation. Call it fight or flight syndrome kicking in from adrenaline. Call it what you would. Razielle was not ready to meet her maker just now and certainly not by Vali's hand. Before the blow struck her, she caught his wrist in a grip tighter than a vice and dragged him forward. She could get out of this, but not as she was now. She needed to replace what was quickly ebbing away.

Almost in slow motion, she bared her fangs and went after his throat. Normally she took her time with these things, settling an illusion about her prey. Generally a pretty one, where she appeared angelic and benevolent to cease their struggles. She had no time for that now. But.. for some reason she had no desire to unleash her full monstrosity either.

Her teeth sank in with a squish, she was careful not to rend his flesh as she drank quickly. Most people, once they recoevered from the initial shock, found the bite of a vampyre to be a pleasant thing. Razielle inhaled the scent of fresh blood as she drank and it carried with it knowledge. She blinked several times, sure that she was mistaken.

Glaring hatefully, she ripped her teeth back out from his skin. With her last bit of energy, she grabbed onto the claw still in her chest and lifted her feet, kicking Vali back and away from her. The claw ripped free with her and Razielle tipped backward, crashing through the weakened wall and falling to the street below, not far from where Jared must have landed.

She could only hope that he would still be lurking about and willing to drag her back to her lodgings in the city. She glanced back up at the window and hissed at Vali, or more specifically the man behind Vali.

Oh you have it coming..

Jared Mriad
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:41:11 PM
Kicked...

She...

That...

UP!

Jared's eyes snapped open instantly, the black pupil dilating several times before he could focus properly. It smelled, something smelled... trash, and something even more metallic scented than the refuse he landed in. Numb, the warrior pulled himself out of the dumpster and fell to the flooring below, grunting as his injuries were jarred.

“God...”

He picked himself up slowly, grunting as several joints and segments cracked in protest and his muscles howled in shock. He turned and looked up at the floor from which he fell from, a good story-plus drop into a packed refuse dumpster, no wonder he didn't break any bones from the fall. He snarled, spitting blood into the pavement before looking up – just in time to watch Razielle plummet from the height and hit the pavement. If Jared wasn't in a mindset to tear her leg off and beat her senseless with it, he would've laughed.

Not now, not here. That smell was back, but it wasn't the smell of ones like himself, it was other's. The glistening of midnight reflected off the wound in her chest, and Jared snarled inwardly, cursing every god in every colorful word he could think of. Limping heavily on his left leg, the warrior hobbled over to the downed vamp and wordlessly grabbed her vest collar, intending to drag her backstabbing and cheating carcass into hiding – he wasn't fit to fight, nor in the mood, and Razielle certainly didn't seem better to fair.

“Bitch.. *cough*”