Jun 27th, 2004, 06:47:18 PM
YAY the Firefly movie!! :D

Mu Satach
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:11:21 PM
*boing* *boing* *boing*

:D

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:32:35 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/ New trailer!!!

I don't know if I miscounted or I'm misinformed, but the trailer refers to six rebels and I count eight. I'm assuming they're not counting River Tam, but where's Book?

edit: By checking the official site, I see that Shepherd Book IS in the movie, but it doesn't look like he's on Serenity any more. :\ And there is a preview screening of the movie DOWN THE STREET from my house, but it's all sold out! Why didn't I hear about this sooner!? :cry

Marcus v4
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:13:09 PM
I don't think Inara Whorry Hotpants is one of the rebels :)

Serena Laran
Jul 19th, 2005, 12:26:12 AM
You can't say Whorry Hotpants here.

B&!

And, you're probably right.

Mu Satach
Jul 20th, 2005, 03:04:45 PM
Seriously thinking about getting this t-shirt (http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/pvp/77da/).

Sanis Prent
Jul 20th, 2005, 04:24:59 PM
Why? I like star wars, and that's so infinitely nerdy that only 2 other people on earth will get it.

Mu Satach
Jul 20th, 2005, 05:31:09 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
that's so infinitely nerdy that only 2 other people on earth will get it.

Exactly! :D

I still love SW as much as ever, but the shirt cracks me up. :)

Serena Laran
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:29:51 PM
That shirt is great. I want to get it to wear to Serenity. :D

And if this doesn't spin off into a new series (oh please God!), then I'm praying for more movies.

Also! Check the SciFi channel on Friday at 8 for Firefly. They're airing all the original episodes in anticipation of the new movie. :D

I love it when 'old' series' get the SciFi channel treatment.

Mu Satach
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:44:10 PM
speaking of the Sci-Fi channel - I *think* I heard that a new trailer or something of the sort was going to be on during the 2nd part of "Serenity"

And in other news - New International Trailer is online. :D
http://www.uip.nl/Pictures/seren/trailer2.mov

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:23:25 PM
That trailer is great!

I can't wait until Sept. 30th :crack

Mu Satach
Jul 29th, 2005, 06:59:12 PM
New domestic trailer is up - somewhat similar to the international...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/trailer_2

:crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2005, 07:39:10 PM
"Do you want to run this ship?"
>"Yes."
"Well.... you can't."

I <3 Jayne >D

Mu Satach
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:49:55 PM
tee hee...

"I'll be in my bunk." >=}

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:35:00 PM
If wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:35:26 PM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
"I'll be in my bunk." >=}

LMAO

That line was priceless. :lol

Mu Satach
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:29:52 PM
"What'd ya all order a dead guy for?"

"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy... Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

Jayne has the best quotes ever.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:58:12 PM
:lol yes, and I can't wait to hear more from him.

Sanis Prent
Sep 29th, 2005, 07:35:06 AM
It's opening tomorrow :D

"Thats why I never kiss 'em on the mouth!"

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 30th, 2005, 07:44:17 AM
We're going to a 10:05 pm showing. :)

Blade Bacquin
Sep 30th, 2005, 10:27:48 AM
My question is where the heck did all these new fans come from?

I mean I watched the show when it orginally aired on fox and I was exstremely pe-od when it got canceled. I tried to tell people about the show and every one was like never heard of it. Now I'm seeing more and more people who like show then I did back when it was first showed. WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN HIDING?

(end rant)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:16:17 AM
Well 5 million isn't very much, for example over 30 million people watched the season premier of Lost. I doubt Firefly could have ever got that kind of following. 5 million viewers would have put the show in the mid 50's ratings wise, which is just average. However, I have no idea how this movie will do, I don't have much interest in it, never seen the tv show and very reluctant to see a movie based on maybe a rental down the road. I guess it could get its budget back and make a decent profit. Maybe it will get 50-60 million in the U.S.

Blade Bacquin
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:56:16 AM
well it seems it did well with the critics because it was rated pretty good. There figuring it will probably be the best new movie of this weekend.

Sanis Prent
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:42:49 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Well 5 million isn't very much, for example over 30 million people watched the season premier of Lost. I doubt Firefly could have ever got that kind of following. 5 million viewers would have put the show in the mid 50's ratings wise, which is just average. However, I have no idea how this movie will do, I don't have much interest in it, never seen the tv show and very reluctant to see a movie based on maybe a rental down the road. I guess it could get its budget back and make a decent profit. Maybe it will get 50-60 million in the U.S.

I'm sure if Lost switched time slots half a dozen times and was shown in out-of-order episodes then it would have a viewing of less than five million as well.

Blade Bacquin
Sep 30th, 2005, 01:16:37 PM
Yeah fox does that allot and they do kill allot of half desent shows because of it.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 30th, 2005, 02:57:41 PM
I am not sure if I agree. Lost was a big hit right away, I think it was in the top 10 first episode. The truth is it is very hard for sci-fi shows to work on TV. Most struggle in the ratings for various reasons. Sure Fox probably should have hung on to it longer, unless the cost per episode was ridiculous. They gave Sliders 3 seasons and it never had good raitings, although I imagine the cost per episode was lower. It is just tough for sci-fi to catch on broadcast television. Now cable is a diffferent matter, as shows such as Battlestar Galacata, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and the 4400 all show.

Blade Bacquin
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:39:04 PM
all though it is sad farscape only lasted four seasons it was a great show. Stargate sg-1 surprises me I love the show I swore it was going to get canceled after a season but it has lasted nine seasons. As for firefly Fox never gave it a chance and when they canceled it I was hoping Sci-fi would pick it up right away but they never did.

Sanis Prent
Sep 30th, 2005, 04:14:49 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I am not sure if I agree. Lost was a big hit right away, I think it was in the top 10 first episode. The truth is it is very hard for sci-fi shows to work on TV. Most struggle in the ratings for various reasons. Sure Fox probably should have hung on to it longer, unless the cost per episode was ridiculous. They gave Sliders 3 seasons and it never had good raitings, although I imagine the cost per episode was lower. It is just tough for sci-fi to catch on broadcast television. Now cable is a diffferent matter, as shows such as Battlestar Galacata, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, and the 4400 all show.

Lost also debuted with its pilot, a luxury Firefly didn't have. And it's essentially a mystical version of Survivor, so I think its pretty silly to try and draw a distinction.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 1st, 2005, 10:38:56 PM
Haha, holy crap Serenity was so awesome. Just got back from watching it again, second night in a row. Loved the acting especially; the actors were settled into their roles because of their work on the series and it showed.

People just don't give this show the credit it deserves. And Carr, you must see this in the theatres. A rental isn't gonna hack it for this movie.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:25:58 AM
This movie was amazing. Truly amazing. Really really great, and stands on its own two feet without the series. People who are discovering it through the movie will really enjoy getting to see the series after watching this moving.

however I am VERY VERY UPSET ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT!! 'I am a leaf on the wind - !' I don't know if I shall ever forgive Joss for doing that. However, it was still one of the best movies of the year, hands down.

Sanis Prent
Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:49:24 AM
Carr, don't go see this movie. In all actuality, I feel it may be lost on you.

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
This movie was amazing. Truly amazing. Really really great, and stands on its own two feet without the series. People who are discovering it through the movie will really enjoy getting to see the series after watching this moving.

however I am VERY VERY UPSET ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT!! 'I am a leaf on the wind - !' I don't know if I shall ever forgive Joss for doing that. However, it was still one of the best movies of the year, hands down.

Honestly, Wash's death wasn't too much out of bounds. I mean, I hate to lose a crewmember on Serenity at all, but if anybody has to die, it's either him or Zoe. They have the least to offer of any of the crew. With River finally discovering herself (and her usefulness to Serenity) it kind of closes the circle.

Still, I wish Zoe were dead instead. She was even less useful than Wash, and I found the whole "war buddies" schtick to be a little contrived.

Now what makes me angry is having Shepherd Book die. Not only is his character far more interesting than either Wash or Zoe, but there still remains that HUGE plot gap of "exactly how the hell is Book so connected with the inner-workings of the Alliance". Me and s'Il think he was also once an Operative, but perhaps it's one of those things best left unsaid.

Oh and Mal/Inara LOL just hit the sack already enough with the teasing.

Fantastic movie, all said. Next to Episode 3, my favorite of the year so far.

Also, did other people notice that all of the "ship sounds" were bytes taken directly from Skywalker Sound - specifically from the Star Wars vault?

Sanis Prent
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:15:09 AM
I am suprised that there hasn't been a single post to this thread in a week :mad

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2005, 11:20:46 AM
It only came out over here on Friday. Haven't had the chance to go see it yet, since I am all flu-ridden.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:35:25 PM
I wanted to take my sister to it this coming week but she wants to see it with her familia instead. Grrr.

I heard it's doing poorly at the box office though - which is a shame. Hopefully it'll be a movie that benefits from good WOM.

Sanis Prent
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:57:03 PM
It won't. All of the Firefly diehards will see it and nobody else.

Sanis Prent
Oct 9th, 2005, 06:26:29 PM
I also have to say, I really really really want that T-shirt that Jayne is wearing when River knocks him out on Serenity. Some cartoony pistol with Chinese(?) kanji all over it. Sweet.

That + a Jayne ski cap will be great.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 12th, 2005, 03:10:27 AM
Saw it last night. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I known more of the backstory, but it was a good movement none the less. Very funny, some good action. Space cowboys :D:thumbup

Mu Satach
Oct 25th, 2005, 07:27:48 PM
I hate Joss now. :mad *sigh* and I love him too...

*That* was one heck of a ride. :)
I can't say I've ever left a theater feeling quite like that before.
seriously, the last time I felt like that (elated and completely pished off at the same time) was walking out of ESB when I was a kid, but damn!!! There was at least the frackin hope Han was alive and the gang would rescue him. *sigh* Logically I completely understand the choices. I mean after that I wasn't quite sure who next was going to be on the chopping block. I'm just going to miss the hell out of those characters.

And I agree the theory that perhaps Book was once an operative himself.

damn... *sigh*

Going to try and catch this again this coming weekend before it leaves the big screens as I can't bear seeing all the ships & action on a small screen.

"To Hell with this. I'm gonna live!"

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:16:52 PM
http://www.markwill.com/comiccon.html

Video here of Adam Baldwin at the Dallas Comic Con, talking about Serenity. It's fantastic. :D

Morgan Evanar
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:00:54 PM
Damn that was good. I'm sad we don't get more adventures though :(

Dear Sci-Fi,
Please fund Firefly, Farscape and Battlestar Galatica. You would be an unstoppable juggernaut.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:21:52 PM
Are they not carrying BSG for next season!?!? :eek

Marceloi
Oct 30th, 2005, 11:41:19 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Damn that was good. I'm sad we don't get more adventures though :(

Dear Sci-Fi,
Please fund Firefly and Battlestar Galatica. You would be an unstoppable juggernaut.

I just picked up the Firefly DVD pack and I now have to echo sentiments.... except FFS someone bring BG to Australia! It sucks the only option is illegal download. And the other differnece is that Farscape sucks so no loss from my POV.

I really need to catch Serenity this week.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 31st, 2005, 11:16:01 AM
No they're funding BG, I just want it ALL. I'm greedy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2005, 12:19:30 PM
bad Morgan! You made me have a heart attack. :mad

:)

Crusader
Dec 1st, 2009, 06:19:37 PM
Caught myself singing the Ballad of Serenity today...I miss this show although I started watching it after I had seen Serenity.

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me

Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

RIP Firefly

Droo
Dec 2nd, 2009, 12:32:26 AM
And here I thought there was some exciting news... :grumble

Crusader
Dec 2nd, 2009, 01:53:36 AM
Sorry Droo. I just felt the urge to do some thread necromancy.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 2nd, 2009, 05:34:57 PM
Sorry Droo. I just felt the urge to do some thread necromancy.

Please dont.