PDA

View Full Version : Underneath It All (Mr. Flux)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 20th, 2004, 07:20:10 PM
She stood at the door, wondering if this was really such a good thing. A Guardian inviting a Lpine to dinner? Idly, she figured stranger things could happen, but well, let's face it. Her luck with Guardians had never really been very good since first running into Mr. Dust years ago. What started then seemed to be a trend in "Kill s'Il" incidents - thankfully, as was evident, she was still very much alive.

And a little early, too. The invitation had said six; it was five minutes till, and admittedly, the Lupine was kind of hungry. She wasn't really sure what he'd had planned in the way of food - s'Il figured he'd just order some Bothan take-out, the two would talk about what had happened since they last saw eachother, and then she would leave. Pretty cut and dry.

And as such, she had simply chosen to wear her normal black tank and grey infantry trousers, leaving her hair down - nothing special or formal in the least. After all, it wasn't like he was about to spend time preparing a nice, fancy meal for a Lupine. He was a Guardian, after all.

Rocking back on her heels, s'Il cast a look to either side of the hallway she stood in. It was a nice place - more refined than the loft she called her own. She had to admit; Coco District certainly had diversity. Attention once more going to the door in front of her, the Lupine looked down at the invitation she held. It was handwritten, and very precise. The penmanship was leaps and bounds better than her own chickenscratch.

With a sigh, s'Il stuffed the paper into her back pocket, lifting a hand to lightly knock on the door.

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:01:57 AM
"Early Ms. s'ilancy?"

Came his small, raspy voice from behind her as he walked up to the restaurant. He was half shocked at her appearance, but his face did not show it. She must've thought this would be an informal dinner. However, it was to the contrary as a member of the restaraunt opened the door. He saw Flux, and recognizing a regular customer, greeted and spoke.

"Yes, the usual table, but tonight as you can see, I have it for two. Yes, thank you Armand."

He smiled from underneath his hat as he took it off, and placed it underneath his arm. His pale blue eyes watched her as he stood next to her, ready to begin walking.

"It'll be good to eat with someone with class, you know?"

He said just as he began to walk in the place.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 03:31:47 PM
His voice behind her had been a little startling, and s'Il jumped a little. She never could quite help it whenever she was around Flux; he had that effect on her for some reason.

Anyways.

It seemed she would be eating well tonight, and the Lupine took it in stride, albeit a little haltingly. She canted her head to the side, returning Mr. Flux's stare with one of her own - one brow lofted in a growing sense of mild amusement.

"Oh yes, class. Wouldn't have it any other way."

s'Il followed the Guardian then as they made their way through the establishment to the apparently regular table Flux was known to occupy.

"Come here often then... ?" she questioned, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her trousers as the approached the table.

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:08:53 PM
He pulled the chair out for her as he rounded the table. Menu's were placed there to be at their disposal, and he sat down with a smile. He still wore his usual attire, which was formal enough. People looked at Loklorien differently because of her attire, but inwardly he found it humorous.

"I like to get away from it all. I come here, and enjoy myself. It's peaceful, and the music is nice."

It was classical, instrumental. A live band, he smiled a bit as he picked up the menu..

"How's life?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:27:15 PM
Some of the stares she returned with her own, and the haughty looks were soon enough sent elsewhere. It was easy to see that s'Il was vastly different than the last time Flux had seen her; in some cases possibly disturbingly so - a sort of madness had descended upon her frame of mind in direct corollation to her Lupine blood. Her body had overcome the overall change splendidly, but over time a different sort of change had developed, and her now almost constant addled (and not a bit insane) state was a large testament to that fact.

Eternally satisfied with herself, the Lupine settled more comfortably in her seat.

"Life is life. I eat, sleep, and am merry."

Two glasses of water were set before each of them, and she paused for a few moments before reaching out to grasp it gently. "Haven't quite made it to the rape and plundering yet, but I suppose I'm on my way.

"And yourself, Mr. Flux?"

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:33:11 PM
"I've had my moments. Several things have happened on my patrols. I've butted heads with a lupine, but she's gone. So I guess everything is just wonderful, aside from the usual."

He looked up to her, sipping the water when he realized he said too much. But he looked up to the waiter as he ordered a pasta for himself, with more than the usual vegetables. A bit more meat..

He smiled a bit..

"After all, I'm a 'growing boy' "

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:48:10 PM
" 'Growing boy'," she murmered while thumbing idly through the menu, "How delightfully gruche."

When the waiter inquired as to what she wanted, s'Il smiled an almost sickly sweet smile as she ordered steak. Rare; bloody... no accompanying greens of any sort.

When their server bowed his way away from their table, the Lupine lofted a brow at the Guardian, allowing a small moment of silence to reign between the two before going on.

"Now then. Butted heads with another Lupine?" s'Il busied herself with meticulously unfolding the napkin that was in front of her. "Strange - I'm the only one here on Coruscant last I checked. There aren't that many of us as things stand," a sweet smile as her tone of voice became more playful and their eyes met, "... what with the population control and all."

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 05:56:37 PM
"It was a short time after our own intial meeting."

He said softly to her with a smile, as he watched her eyes with his own pale blues. She has changed; he thought to himself. She wasn't as controlled as before. Subtle differences in her eyes.

"I feel I will meet her again. But that's not whats important- whats important is this meeting. It's good to see you."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 06:05:35 PM
She sat back, making herself comfortable. She blinked. "I'm glad to see me most of the time too - means I haven't been done in quite yet.

"But thank you - it's nice to know that someone actually does enjoy spending time with me."

The Lupine sipped at her drink again. "And it's nice to know that you're still out and about - not to mention still looking as young and healthy as ever. If I didn't have such a problem with the force, I'd probably see if I could get you to do that same number on me."

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:43:49 PM
"No."

His voice turned from normally cordial, to cold as ice- which was quite odd for the seemingly young guardian. He looked her over as he shook his head and began to explain.

"I wouldn't wish what happened to me. To anyone"

He eyed her slowly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:55:04 PM
Both brows went up then, and s'Il canted her head to the side to regard him with a seemingly surprised gaze.

"Subject a tad touchy, eh?"

The Lupine continued to watch the Guardian who sat across from her. "Well shoot mate, it's not like you could anyway. Like I said, I can't really handle the Force, so your little 'Fountain of Youth' trick is kinda worthless for me."

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:00:48 PM
He stood from his seat quickly as he yelled back at her.

"It's not a fountain of you s'ilancy!"

He said, leaving the normal Ms. out from her name. He slammed his fist down on the table as he sat back down. Their waiter was coming over, but he waived his hand, meaning he could handle it.

"It's a curse. A frellin' curse. You have no idea how I hate this body. I've watched childhood friends grow old and die. It's not perpetual youth, it's perpetual hell."

He calmed down as he moved a hand to run behind his bald head.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:04:01 PM
She remained stoic throughout his entire outburst - unaffected by all outward appearances, and leaning forward, the Lupine rested her elbows on the table.

"You need to get a girl, mate," she offered absently before taking another drink of her water.

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:08:35 PM
He visibly grit his teeth, his small jawline able to be seen on his face as he was indeed quite angry. He eyed her as those eyes glowed with lightning.

It was inherent. His body at times exhuberated more electricity when not using the force, and now that he was angry it was doing just that. But he calmed himself.

"Never refer to my state as a fountain of youth.. You have no idea what it is to be trapped inside of this...this shell for half a century."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:20:42 PM
s'Il waved a lazy hand at him. "Sit down; you're scaring everyone else."

Sitting back, the Lupine locked eyes with him. "Besides. I used 'Fountain of Youth' as a figure of speech." Her next words were noncommital, yet it was clear that she considered them to carry weight. "You'll die just like everyone else. I wouldn't worry too much about it."

Mr. Flux
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:30:59 PM
"If I get shot, or stabbed yes. I've consulted doctors. I'm, for the lack of a better word."

He watched her carefully.

"Immortal."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:41:22 PM
"Nerfdren," was her only snorted answer.

"You'll die just like everyone else. Either your mind will get so senile you'll just die of insanity, or whatever other reason.

"Please. You're starting to sound like a bad made-for-holo video."

The Lupine let out a sigh then, and she matched his stare with one of her own. It certainly was odd seeing him act like this. "You know, I know a few people who would kill to be in your situation. Look at it like this." A single finger went up. "One - you can do alot of things - more things than others in their lifetime could ever hope to do." Another finger. "And two - well, let's face it. You'd be the envy of twelve year olds everywhere with the women you could get; even though you're alot older than them."

s'Il shrugged. "Just stop being so pessimistic about it. Hell, even I'll be around for quite a while barring some untimely death at the hands of a Guardian or because of some stupid stunt gone wrong."

Mr. Flux
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:26:18 PM
"Guardians are the least of your problems, Ms. s'ilancy. As long as you be that person I met in the first place. And I suppose your right. But still, to live most of your life like this..."

He smiled to her just as their food was set down and he grasped hold of a fork, and began to eat the pasta, enjoying the meat, the cheesy noodles. He stared into it.

"Have you ever thought what it would be like, to have things different? I know it's trivial, but I've been thinking of leading a different life. A life that doesn't involve the hunting down and extermination of a specie, no matter if I care for it or not. To just leave it all behind, and be me. To become something greater.."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:55:22 PM
s'Il quirked an eyebrow, picking up her knife and fork in the process. "The same person I was when we first met... "

With a strange sense of ravenous abandon, the Lupine began attacking her steak. She listened as Flux spoke, waiting for him to finish before she herself started.

"A different life, eh. Anything in particular? Something a little more, oh I don't know - " a somewhat mischevious glint came to her eyes, " - less than legal?"

Mr. Flux
Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:31:43 PM
"I'd be the most hunted man in all of the universe. Our kind detests traitors."

He said with a smile at her suggestion, though it was obvious he thought about it for a quick moment.

"But what are you suggesting?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:46:13 PM
"I suggest nothing," she said with an innocent - albeit feigned - smile.

"Far be it from me to suggest a Guardian of all people turn 'rogue'. I don't need your brother hunting me down again, mind you, and if he ever found out that I had anything to do with you turning from the Guardian ways, I really don't think he'd be as nice to me as he was the last time. Which wasn't very nice in the first place."

s'Il winked at the 'boy' sitting across from her, enjoying her nearly raw steak very much.

Sitting back then, she brought her glass to her lips, taking a small sip. "The situations that I tend to get myself in with your lot as of late aren't exactly of the best sort, and it would be simply rotten if I was the one made responsible for turning a Guardian from the "path of righteousness" or whatever it is you guys call it."

Mr. Flux
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:32:38 PM
"Path of the lunatic."...

He said quietly, as he took a large bite of pasta. Almost too much for his little mouth, which lightly poked outwards like a hamsters as he was chewing. As he swallowed after what seemed to be an eternity of chewing, he spoke...

"Are you insinuating I become a smuggler? Mercenary? Put my...skills to good use after my early retirement?"

IT seemed as if he was actually thinking about it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 12:05:03 AM
s'Il paused in her meal, looking to Flux as he spoke. She blinked, simply staring at him with her metallic gaze as she watched him chew then swallow the gargantuan forkfull of pasta he'd shoved in his mouth. It was strange, to hear the voice of an experienced man, yet watch the body of a boy. It was striking to her, and the wheels in her head began to turn.

But, his last words brought her from her thoughts and the Lupine blinked again.

"Smuggler? Merc?

"No... I wasn't really thinking that... "

The tone in her voice was distant, her mind lightyears away, and taking another bite of her steak, she finished her thought.

"Maybe - can't you just live a normal life? I mean, away from the core and way out on the fringe?"

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 01:25:36 PM
"Normal life? Find a wife, raise a family...Have a kid.."

His voice singed with bitterness, as he lowered his head, playing with his food..

"I am a kid. I'll always be a kid."

If she was looking, she would see his eyes were..watering. He took a bite of his pasta again, chewed it rather quickly, as he finished, he wiped his eyes.

"Though, it would be nice...Getting away from it all."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:21:41 PM
A quick smile. "It would, wouldn't it."

She stopped eating for a moment, looking across the table to lock eyes with the Guardian.

"You're already doing things against the grain of your culture - I mean, look at us... now. Two sworn enemies; Guardian and Lupine, are sitting and enjoying a nice quiet meal together, sharing civil conversation with one another.

"I don't see it as all that terrible if you want to go away for a little bit. Or hell, even for the rest of your life."

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:28:28 PM
"You wouldn't. We turn our back's, we're labeled traitors. There is no leaving."

He looked at her, as he thought for a few moments..

"But I do deserve something else. I've lived this hell....." He had to correct that..."Life, for the past fifty plus years...Maybe I should go to some place out in the middle of nowhere. Get a home, start a business."

He smiled, looking like a giddy kid.

"Retire."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:47:00 PM
The Lupine grinned back at him, resting her elbows on the table while in the same motion plucking her glass from the table and lifting it to her lips and taking a sip.

Her grin turned conspiratorial then, as she set the glass down. "I have a house on Thyferra, you know. You could go there. Sure, it might be the capital-world of the Imperial Sovereignty, but I think it would be as safe a place as you can find for now."

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:59:44 PM
"Politics doesn't bother me. A world's a world."

He smiled to her, as he also sipped at his drink..

"Something to think about. Living with you..."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 05:12:18 PM
She snorted then, cracking a smile.

"To be honest," she started, leaning back in her seat, "I'm not all that interesting of a person.

"It's all a facade. I'm just a nutcase Lupine who mostly keeps to herself."

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 05:56:14 PM
"So says you."

He grinned, as he then went into further explanation..

"I've read about you enough to know better."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:27:38 PM
Her brows went up, and she kept the smile on her face.

"Oh? And what, pray tell, sort of things have you been reading about me?"