PDA

View Full Version : Next battle of Bestine.

Pages : [1] 2

Reshmar
Jun 12th, 2004, 12:58:30 PM
Ok I think I have talked to just about everyone on this. The plan is to continue Bestine as a major planetary battle. I have talked with just about everyone about this and I think we have a basic idea worked out. The NR fleet is withdrawing. this will allow the SOV. to take full control of the defensive resources of Bestine. There will be a group of NR troops left on the planet. they will be fighting a far superior force and will have to withdraw and go into hiding on the planet .

With the Sov landing thousands of troops the remaining NR force will more then likely be spread out and in shambles.

Here is what I have talked to Tear , Tchort, and Scott about.

The first order of business is for the remaining forces to try to regroup. It will take at least a month for reinforcements to arrive. They need to regroup and start hit and run missions on the perimeter of the Imperial lines.

My plan is to first build 6 Mistryl vettes and sneak 12 squads of the new 3rd emergency response corps onto the planet to co-ordinate the landing of the main body of the division which will be sent in. after they get there. The troops on the planet will take down the planetary shield long enough to land the division.

A section of the battlegroup will engage the fleet with the aid of one of the new Interdictor field disrupter and draw it away from the planet long enough to send a 2nd group in from the opposite side of the planet which will land the division and then escape. The fleet engaging the Bestine fleet will then escape setting up the land battle.

OK thats where we stand now for comments and ideas.

Teleran Balades
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:19:40 PM
I've been talking to Lion about this to. We're planning to have a Mitryl and Spectre(both have been based off of the same ship from the Halo series of books) run into each other.

This should be interesting, Stealth vessels searching for each other is going to be fun, but difficult to RP.

Telan Desaria
Jun 14th, 2004, 04:25:02 PM
Good. I estimate that since the world is attacked abruptly there will be not enough time to evacuate all personnel. This I amk estimating leaves you with between 100,000 and 500,000 men, most of whom are non military and lacking discipline making things all the more interesting. Battles snue as the Empire hunts down these survivors while the Republic struggles to bring reinforcements and supplies to the embattled and besieged remainder.

I envision a main body fighting a stalingrad type action while the rest are in the rear and spread out, harrying the Imperial lines.

Yes?

Redic Scott
Jun 14th, 2004, 05:19:48 PM
Well actually, there will be no big battle yet. As stated at the battle, all Nr troops pulled out of the city and destroyed most of the bridges, power stations, airfields, port systems, warehouses. Basically anything that you can use for your military has been destroyed. The city has no comm centers anymore or power stations, or water and food facilities. The NR will only engage you in small unit fighting, pretty much hit and run tactics against your convoys and rear line units. Attacking your positions at night and killing as many as possible, them retreating away. I guess I will post starting underground training camps where the military will try and train civilians to fight, however the military itself will be running out of supplies after a while.

Pretty much there are only around 1400 trained NR soldiers left, with about 100 or so special operations capable teams. Around 50 heavy and light tanks are left and 40 mobile missile batteries. There are some anti-air systems and a the rest of the armor is personel carriers.

Telan Desaria
Jun 14th, 2004, 07:59:48 PM
Very good - but you have no aerial support whatsoever. You couldn't. With the Empire in firm control of the planet, we would notice any such activity and eliminate it.

I look forward to this indeed.

BUT I WANT MY STALINGRAD!!!

Redic Scott
Jun 14th, 2004, 09:05:22 PM
lol, you might have your wish when the reinforcements come in. Plus we don't need air support for most of the missions.

Jarek T'chort
Jun 15th, 2004, 06:23:49 AM
I doubt the civilians would be very inclined to like the NR much after you destroyed the food and water facilities. Great propaganda tool for us.

The Imperial Army would be mostly in the process of digging and preparing defensive positions in preperation of a large NR attack, which would be ideal for your plans, Redic. However I have countermeasures planned for such attacks.

Redic Scott
Jun 15th, 2004, 06:53:54 AM
The thing is though, is that the military got a lot of the people out of the city before that happened. There are a lot of people that will be willing to fight against you, they just wont be too well trained. The people inside were provided for and know the military did what it had to do.

This should be fun. We shall see how good those countermeasures are.

Malcolm Trippen
Jun 15th, 2004, 12:56:16 PM
Actually, with all due respect to Grand Admiral Desaria, there is a chance of them having air support. I suppose it wouldn't really be in response to their attacks, but I have four squadrons who are planning on making making life hell for your pilots, two of which are fairly elite A-Wing units. :D

That is, of course, assuming that I'm involved in this...I am, right?

Telan Desaria
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:13:53 PM
right. But A-wings wouldn't stand a chance against skies filled with Defender Vs. And they would be detected as soon as they move.

Alex
Jun 16th, 2004, 03:43:49 AM
Standing a chance isn't a problem. All my A-Wings would need to do is distract your fighters long enough to get them away from the ground troops. And also, no matter how much technology you throw at a fighter, it won't compensate for the inadiquate skills of Imperial pilots. My pilots, on the other hand, are pretty darn good. We might not be able to take a sky-full of Defenders, but we should be able to make ourselves into an annoyance. ;)

[/Malcolm]

Teleran Balades
Jun 16th, 2004, 04:05:17 AM
Ooo, the Grand Admiral's not going to like that crack.

The Soverignty doesn't rely on technology, but the skill of our soildiers, pilots, and officers. If you want a bout with someone about Tech go bother the Federacy.

Alex
Jun 16th, 2004, 04:14:33 AM
Been there, done that, got the cybernetic implant. :\

I was merely responding to the "Defender V" comment. If he'd said my pilots didn't stand a chance against the Sovereignty ones, because of their training. Thats different. But he was saying that an A-Wing is no match for a Defender V...*shrug* You can still kill a man holding a minigun, even if you've only got a pistol. Its a case of tactics and skill.

My two A-Wing squadrons are fairly elite anyway, and the two support squadrons of X-Wings aren't bad. So I might not be able to take on all of your fighters, but I can take on enough to grab your attention.

But yeah. Admirals...Halo Force is ready, and awaiting orders. What needs blowing up? :D

Travis North
Jun 16th, 2004, 05:15:00 AM
What did you say? I am gonna wipe the floor with ya. You never slander your enemy with so much confidence. He's askin' for it. Admiral I'd like to stay and provide planetary defense.

Alex
Jun 16th, 2004, 06:56:37 AM
I'm not saying I'm gonna smash you to pieces or anything. I'm just saying that, despite the fact that you've got uber-mega-TIEs or whatever the heck it is you're flying, I'm still going to be able to do enough to get your attention. Besides...*points at Desaria* he started it!

Telan Desaria
Jun 16th, 2004, 09:54:52 AM
HAHAHAH - - I was just letting you know what we use. They're really little more than Defenders updated with modern tech like new navicomputers, updated sensor packages and the like. The oly difference is that instead of twin ion cannon and two twin laser cannon it has two twin laser cannon and one light turbolaser for the added kick. Plus the usual missile complment.

I was just saying that you would have a tought time deploying. Not going tit for tat about fighter specs. Sorry for the confusion.

Note on the Auroras for this new thread. It uses Proton Warheads which are very different from proton torpedoes. Torpedoes have guidance systems, warheads do not. Instead, they have a higher yield and are more for saturation - lots of explosives on target. Torps are for precision fire - ie fighters.

Travis, for this Thread, you will receive news of your promotion on the retreat of the enemy and assume your new command - the Guards Fighter Wing.(Number posted elsewhere) They will arrive with the reinforcements. As such you will assume dual role - Colonel and commander of the Guards Wing and Acting Commander of all Fighter Corps Units on Bestine - - - Under Fleet jurisdiction, of course.

Mwuhahahahahaha

AND BTW - - I WANT MY STALINGRAD>>>>>>

Teleran Balades
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:04:02 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Note on the Auroras for this new thread. It uses Proton Warheads which are very different from proton torpedoes. Torpedoes have guidance systems, warheads do not. Instead, they have a higher yield and are more for saturation - lots of explosives on target. Torps are for precision fire - ie fighters.

Oops, my bad, I'll correct that in my post.

Alex
Jun 16th, 2004, 12:58:47 PM
What's the posting order, btw? Basically, when do you want me to post, and what should I be doing?

Telan Desaria
Jun 16th, 2004, 03:25:02 PM
We will discern the posting order as the thread begins which may do so at any stage. I have no qualms with it beginning now or later.

Travis North
Jun 16th, 2004, 05:14:06 PM
4 squadron wouldn't be a big enough thorn to draw the attention of the fighter screen around the planet. You also have to note the capital ships in orbit.

Alex
Jun 16th, 2004, 10:00:56 PM
Fighter screen? Nuts. This is what happens when I miss staff briefings. -_-'

Jarek T'chort
Jun 17th, 2004, 03:52:25 AM
AND BTW - - I WANT MY STALINGRAD>>>>>>

The Imperial Army can oblige.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 17th, 2004, 07:27:01 AM
What, you like blowing cities apart, and fighting in really crap weather conditions? You Imperials are odd ones....

-K.

Teleran Balades
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:20:50 PM
Explosions are fun!

Telan Desaria
Jun 17th, 2004, 03:36:04 PM
Yes, we are.....

Reshmar
Jun 17th, 2004, 11:45:01 PM
Ok as for NR air power. IF there are any fighters on the surface of the planet which would be few and they should be hidden and stay that way till a reinforced counter attack can be effectively waged. I will be dropping in V-wings and some new stuff but only as support. I'm thinking of working up a new speeder type vehicle so alex send me a message. As for Stalingrad :) we will give you that and more. But the important thing that everyone needs to know and remember is in the end Bestine will remain a Sovereignty planet.

Also let us not forget the political side of this battle which will be running at the same time. The Sovereignty's political branch and the NR Senate will play a big part in this. The stand still of a battle will end with the withdrawal of all NR forces. But were gonna give them one heck of a fight till then. This will also be the testing thread for alot of new technology for the NRSF.

SO lets all have fun and remember to communicate. Bestine went great because we all talked about and worked out anything and everything before hand. I for one think this will be a great rp.

Alex
Jun 18th, 2004, 05:49:48 AM
I'm thinking of working up a new speeder type vehicle so alex send me a message.

Um...some weird, annoying guy with way too many ideas and screwy glasses on left me this data disk...said it had specs for a U-Wing on it or something...;)

I'll try and grab you on-line later, Admiral, and I'll get my sketches scanned...at least then you'll be able to see why its called a "U-Wing".

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 18th, 2004, 09:33:14 PM
Originally posted by Alex
Um...some weird, annoying guy with way too many ideas and screwy glasses on left me this data disk...

I did not.... :D Just kidding. (No, it's not me!)

Reshmar
Jun 21st, 2004, 03:09:16 PM
Back to Business.

First the NR has to get a Spec Opps Squad on BEstine to co-ordinate the forces there with the reinforcements coming. Here is where Lion and Blades can do there Stelth Vette THing.

The Mistryl needs to drop a Squad Of spec ops onto Bestine. They will work with the forces there and prepare for the main body of the reinforcment group.

After which Baldes and Lion can do there Stelth Corvette battle.

How does this sound so far?

Telan Desaria
Jun 21st, 2004, 03:20:05 PM
Begin as soon as possible and post links here.

Teleran Balades
Jun 21st, 2004, 05:06:56 PM
I'm still waiting on Lion to reply to my PMs.

Travis North
Jun 22nd, 2004, 06:27:33 PM
And can cause havoc on the planet with Tear.

TieFighterPilot181st
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:08:03 PM
Sorry I havent'y been around for a while. I've talked to Reshmar already and I've agreed to RP the 6 Mistryl Corvettes as an NPC kind of deal. I was wondering if we were using cap ships in this fight cause then I'd like to bring a couple of my new ship designs along to test em out.

Reshmar
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:31:47 PM
the first thing is to get a small group on the ground. This way they can co-ordinate with the forces there. I Think Teleran and lion worked out it would only be one Mistryl and One Of there New ships. maybe 5 of the Mistyls are destroyed on the way out and the duel between the last mistyl and the Sov boat can be kinda like a hunt for red October kind of thing. where you have the Sov boat hunting the Mistryl. The main thing is to get a small group of troops on the ground to set up for the main re-enforcement landing. When the main group comes in we will have more larger ships and you could use your new ones then.

TieFighterPilot181st
Jun 27th, 2004, 04:45:08 PM
I don't know about them destroying five, maybe a couple. I mean we have state of the art stealth technology, it wont be a walk in the park to find those.

Redic Scott
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:18:11 PM
What about most of the ships get out, but one of them has a hyperdrive malfunction so it has to evade the sov ships. I mean the ships will be really new and rushed into production, so something can happen.

Alex
Jun 27th, 2004, 10:30:13 PM
And that'd be a pretty decent test for your stealth tech.

**edit** Gah! I forgot to change my account again *hits self in the head*

Reshmar
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:41:02 PM
I was just giving a what if idea. Ok we for sure will take 6 mistryls in and drop some troops. lets start from there.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:21:43 AM
Originally posted by Alex
And that'd be a pretty decent test for your stealth tech.

**edit** Gah! I forgot to change my account again *hits self in the head*

That's why I only have one character for two jobs. :D

Kyle Raiden
Jun 28th, 2004, 11:01:00 AM
I have three characters, for two jobs. Confused? I know I am.

(Hah! Changed it this time. Not to the right person, though...:\)

TieFighterPilot181st
Jun 28th, 2004, 04:17:55 PM
Alright we'll whatever happnes I'll RP the 6 Mistryl/infliltration op. Then Ill RP as my fleet and carrier.
My fleet this time around will be: 2 Bellicose class frigates
and one Bulwark class guided missile cruiser

Redic Scott
Jun 28th, 2004, 07:20:13 PM
Can I help out in the infiltration thing, I mean commanding the forces. Since I created most of the equipment that will be used, I think I should be the one to rp it out since I know what it can and can't do and all that. TIE can post dropping me off and I can take over from that.

TieFighterPilot181st
Jun 28th, 2004, 07:27:19 PM
I'll RP the ships since those are my design but u can RP the infiltration squads.

Tear
Jun 29th, 2004, 03:44:21 PM
Hey Travis Tear is still mixing it up with darriann infront of the Ion Cannon/Planetary shield base. Just so you know:p

and before any troops are landed you Nr guys are gonna have to get through Tear and his troops to turn off the shield. Should be fun

Travis North
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:11:44 PM
Hurray for Zoidburg... I mean Darriann.

Travis North
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:12:23 PM
Now to plan my next move in space.

Tear
Jun 29th, 2004, 05:18:28 PM
Nooo plan next move for darriann so i can type something in that thead again.

Alex
Jun 29th, 2004, 06:28:04 PM
I need some help. (And darn it, I was logged in as the right account earlier. *sigh*). I wanna do a thread with some pre-deployment training (simulator stuff) with my fighter people, but I can't think of a title for the thread. I've got "defensive thong" stuck in my head (last time I'll ever be able to think of the term 'rear-guard' without laughing), and I can't get passed it. Any suggestions?

Telan Desaria
Jun 29th, 2004, 08:14:32 PM
When does this begin? I look forward to it?

Reshmar
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:47:10 AM
After the 4th. I have work till then non stop and Lion wont be back till after the 4th sometime.

Redic Scott
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:44:27 AM
well, just so you guys know, I'll be in europe from this friday to like the 18th of July. So plan around that.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:56:22 AM
I will be out from the 26th of July to the 1st or 2nd of August. Off to Vegas - and yes, I know I can't gamble (yet) :D

Teleran Balades
Jun 30th, 2004, 04:22:39 PM
Darn, I'll be out from July 18 to August 2.

Reshmar
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:21:52 AM
ok seem like the Second week in august will be the startup then. Anyone have anything going on after August 8th or so?

Tear
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:41:42 AM
I have to save the world around august..sorry.:rolleyes

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 1st, 2004, 12:20:20 PM
Originally posted by Reshmar
ok seem like the Second week in august will be the startup then. Anyone have anything going on after August 8th or so?

If something happens, you'll be one of the first to know.

Alex
Jul 1st, 2004, 01:36:15 PM
I have to sa...HEY! Tear stole my job!!! :cry

Nothing I know of yet. Let you know when I know more.

Darriann Sollak
Jul 1st, 2004, 02:57:33 PM
Gee that leaves me.

TieFighterPilot181st
Jul 1st, 2004, 03:35:50 PM
yeah im busy august 9th -14h

Reshmar
Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:53:03 AM
Ok no prblem. we will shot for AUG. 16 to start. I have alot of stuff to do before then anyway. Reshmar is taking a vacation before he starts overseeing the construction of the Rejuvenators

Reshmar
Jul 2nd, 2004, 02:53:53 AM
Also i have to find out how the Senate is going to fit In to all this.

Alex
Jul 2nd, 2004, 10:05:21 AM
Any chance of me getting an assignment for Halo Force prior to Bestine? Just a little skirmish somewhere, for me to get warmed up. My character (Malcolm Trippen) hasn't seen proper combat as part of the NRSF for a while, and we've got a lot of new ships that have crews that need to get used to them. Maybe I can take my ship on manoeuvres, and run into a little Imp patrol? Don't want anything too big...just shooting down a few TIEs, taking a few pot shots at a Capitol, and flying away. I can do it myself, but I wondered if anyone else wanted to play the Imps, or come give me orders, or something like that? It doesn't have to be with your main character...you can make one up for the purposes of that. Most of you are probably pretty tied up with Bestine anyway.

So, anyone interested in giving me a hand?

Reshmar
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:35:53 PM
DO a training mission aginst some Pirates. I cant RP them for now but thats an idea. Mabey One of the Sov Guys would do it. Post over there asking if they might be interested. DOnt lose any of our new ships now.

Travis North
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:52:41 AM
I'll do it, I need a Rebel anyways. This will just be a small attack on a forward scouting patrol in the Inner Rim near Gyndine. Nothing big just two Imperial Scout Craft (http://insd.swcombine.com/insd/sccrft.htm) and a squadron of Assault Gunboats (http://insd.swcombine.com/insd/gunboat.htm)

Malcolm Trippen
Jul 5th, 2004, 09:50:27 AM
Halo Force should be able to cope with that...24 A-Wings, 24 X-Wings, two Ranger-class Gunships, a Bothan Assault Cruiser and a Majestic. If you start a thread, I'll get myself over there.

Thanks.

Travis North
Jul 5th, 2004, 11:32:15 AM
Okay. I'll start it later today I'm working on something else atm.

TieFighterPilot181st
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:23:46 PM
Malcom you might want to cut down on some of the firepower there. Just one squadron of each type of fighters the Majestic and the gunships those other fighters and the Bothan make it too lopsided.

Reshmar
Jul 6th, 2004, 01:50:29 AM
Just work it as a long range Fighter Op. a fighter Squadron could pick up a signal on a long range probe. That would be a real test for your Squadrons.

Travis North
Jul 6th, 2004, 06:17:58 AM
No one travels the Galaxy with that much firepower unless they want to take down another cruiser. And I'm not willing to put up one of the Sovereignty's larger ships. Plus I don't have rank enough to do so yet.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 6th, 2004, 07:07:40 AM
What are you doing, raising a task force or a planetary assault fleet? Like Travis said, no one travels the Galaxy with that much firepower unless they're fixing for a big fight....what next, you'll want a Defender or something to go with it? (And NO, you are NOT getting mine, LOL)

Reshmar
Jul 6th, 2004, 09:13:08 AM
He is just wanting a training mission guys. something to do before we do the next Bestine phase. Thats why I recomended he just use his fighters. you have 8 assault boats and 2 patrol vessels. 2 Squadrons of fighters are more then a match for that. In the end the outcome dosnt matter its just a training mission.

Travis North
Jul 7th, 2004, 05:02:23 PM
I'm sorry I didn't start it yet. Went to build patio and a fence. And I can't start it yet because of a thunder storm. Soon though.

Senator Kensington
Jul 7th, 2004, 07:11:10 PM
I'd like to be involved with Bestine if it's possible. I think Reshmar said something about involving the Senate. If you want to, talk to me, Thareena, or Hesith.

This is my character's kind of thing. Warhawking :D

Travis North
Jul 7th, 2004, 07:37:05 PM
I really should get to work on my Senator.

Alex
Jul 8th, 2004, 12:51:05 PM
Sorry...what I said wasn't very clear. I was just stating what Halo Force had at its disposal...not what I intended to field in the thread. I was just saying that I can cope with the Imp forces without a problem. I'm not planning on sending my Starships against Travis...why the heck would I wanna steal the kills from my fighters? The sooner all of my pilots make ace, the better. :D

My A-Wing pilots (soon to be A2 pilots, I think) are fairly "elite". I think the remainder of Reshmar's A2 squadron are gonna end up forming the bulk of Seraph Squadron (meaning I can divert more skilled pilots into the X-Wings), or something like that.

My X-Wing pilots are pretty much newbies, save for one or two experienced pilots. They were formed to fill the two extra squadron spaces on the Bothan. As they're less skilled, they're gonna be kept mostly in reserve, where possible. The X-Wing is an excellent dogfighter, so it should be able to help keep the fighters off my Task Force (Hence their names "Vanguard" and "Rear-Guard" - they're there to defend the Asgard right now).

I'm assuming this will happen between the withdrawl from Bestine, and the NR's return, if thats ok...that way, I may well have gotten hold of the A2 pilots, and possibly their fighters by then. (How many survived...is 8 ok? That way, I can give them to two Dark Angel flights, and have Flight Three hold back with Seraph Squadron)

With that in mind, which situation seems more viable...1 or 2?

1. To give the rookie X-Wing pilots a bit more experience before they are taken to Bestine, and to help the newly incorporated A2 pilots (and to get the Dark Angel pilots used to their A2's), Halo Force is split in two. Dark Angel pairs up with Rear-Guard Squadron, and Seraph with Vanguard. The two pairs of squadrons head off on a series of parallel training missions...but Dark Angel and Vanguard run across an Imperial scout force.

or

2. To test out the performance of the new A2 fighters in Halo Force's posession, Dark Angel and Seraph squadrons set off on a routine training mission...but the Imperials spoil everything by showing their moldy, pustulated faces.

Although I like the word "pustulated", I prefer the idea of the first one. That way, Rear-Guard gets practice at strike support, backing up the A2s, while Vanguard can go on a recon training assignment, and practice being a scouting squadron...which fits with their name.

What do ya think?

PS. Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days - house got struck by lightning, fried the phone lines, wrecked our wireless network router, turned the DVD/VCR into scrap, and knocked out our TV arial. Everything was fully surge protected and everything...nearly £1000 ($1500) of damage. Not fun...especially as I was sat looking out of the window when the lightning struck about a meter away from me. That made me jump.

Teleran Balades
Jul 8th, 2004, 12:57:38 PM
[/QOUTE] Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days - house got struck by lightning, fried the phone lines, wrecked our wireless network router, turned the DVD/VCR into scrap, and knocked out our TV arial. Everything was fully surge protected and everything...nearly £1000 ($1500) of damage. Not fun...especially as I was sat looking out of the window when the lightning struck about a meter away from me. That made me jump. [/QUOTE]

Ouch, that sucks. Lightining striking a meter away would make freak the heck out of me.

Reshmar
Jul 8th, 2004, 11:16:35 PM
Dang it I missed

Travis North
Jul 9th, 2004, 07:01:43 AM
I know the feeling. I lost my wireless network the same way except it didn't hit my TV and stuff. Wireless radio is on a different tower, right behind my room. I jumped out of bad and tripped on the floor. The sky wasn't blue but more a red yellow glow when the lightning struck. It was cool, but freaky, and sad, no net for a week.

Alex
Jul 9th, 2004, 09:54:02 AM
I've just discovered the extent of the damage done to my computer. I think it must've re-set the bios or something. Clock speed is messed up. It registers that my RAM is there, but refuses to access it. So, my computer is freezing up a lot, and I can't go on any games. :cry

And it wasn't blue glow lightning. It was forked. I was sat watching it out of the window. It was kinda cool. :D

Malcolm Trippen
Jul 10th, 2004, 06:09:43 AM
Okay...I re-did the Halo Force info a bit. The RP we're gonna do, Travis, is the third mission listed in the operation history...at least, thats what it is from my perspective. We're patroling an area of space on a training mission, and we recieve a distress call, or something like that. Soon as we start, I'll link to it. Want me to start? I'm gonna post something in a mo with one of my other characters, but I'll be ready to post it after that.

I guess it never clicked in my mind, but I have ground troops on two of my ships. The 10 Troopers on each Ranger are presumably security, but the Troopers on the Majestic and the Bothan, I assume, are partly there to use all of the repulsorlift vehicles and stuff that is listed on their specs. Which is pretty cool...I didn't think about ground stuff when I came up with the unit structure. However, I have spotted a problem. I can't find a shuttle compliment for the Majestic. The Bothan has six. The Majestic should have more, judging from the amount it has to deploy. I reckon that you could get everything from the Majestic into a Sentinel-class Landing Craft...that has a lot of internal carrying space. Is there an NR equivalent to that? If so, I'll list one each of those on the Majestic and the Bothan, and have the other shuttles as being for crew transport, and EV pilot retrieval and such.

Last question...any idea where I can find specs for the A2 and the Xjx (A-Wing and X-Wing)?

Reshmar
Jul 10th, 2004, 02:15:44 PM
I will post the stats for them tomarrow

Malcolm Trippen
Jul 12th, 2004, 03:11:35 PM
Cool. Thanks Resh. I've PM'd you the draft specs for the Halo variants...if they're ok, I'll start using them after Bestine.

Travis - started the thread. Hope its ok. <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=36352>First Flight</a>

Travis North
Jul 13th, 2004, 07:16:39 AM
Alright. I'll get on that ASAP.

Travis North
Jul 17th, 2004, 08:40:30 PM
Damn you Tear, your good. I'll have to think out my next move good.

Teleran Balades
Jul 19th, 2004, 02:38:16 PM
Jarek, Esalis, or Telan will have to take over for me. I'm gone for the next 16-18 days and haven't had much internet access for the last week.

Sorry to everyone. I'll try to get to full posting status as soon as possible.

Travis North
Jul 25th, 2004, 05:43:13 PM
I'm not feeling creative lately forgive me for not posting. I'm especially sorry to Malcolm. We finaly finished that patio fyi and just threw a huge BBQ. I plan to be lazy the rest of the week.

Darriann Sollak
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:17:50 PM
Okay Tear here's the plan. You can kill all the men at Ion Cannon but 2 out of 3. Me and one of my men get to live. Somehow we manage to survive. The people back at the shuttle somehow meet up with resistance. I haven't planned that out yet. I'm thinking of a way to save myself.

Tear
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:43:53 PM
The Empire does not negotiate with terrorists...rebel scum.

But if you want to try this on: The majority of your men are killed in the resulting explosion. But you, being the proud leader that you are, is up front at the head of the line as you crawl through the vents.

You and the man directly behind you manage to survive with only slight burns, ringing ears and probably a slight concussion. You survived because the men behind you probably would have inadvertently took the brunt of the explosion...Even though you all would probably have been incinerated but hey its fan fiction :P

After being incapicitated from the explosion you wake up in our custody as a prisoner of war. Leaving it up to the other rebel scum that will most likely be coming to take the ion cannon or destroy it to rescue you. Or you could try escape by yourself?

Hows that sound?

Travis North
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:33:15 PM
Excellent.

Reshmar
Jul 30th, 2004, 02:53:54 AM
We will not leave you behind. oh wait. ......... we were just going to blow the whole ion cannon up not capture it. Hum...... Pray!

Tear
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:25:30 AM
Hence the reason i captured him. Surely the Republic wouldnt destroy an installation knowing some of their men are inside?

for shame.:p

TieFighterPilot181st
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:34:57 PM
Dont' blow all the Ion cannons. THere has to be that on a freak accident blows up a Mistryl thus allowing the Imps to blanket the area with weapons area in an effort to destroy cloaked ships and then I can lose a couple of corvettes that way.

Travis North
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:43:50 PM
We all go to Amsterdam and Jamie's the only one that hooks up...

Originally posted by Tear
...for shame.:p

Okay I just had to post this. For those of you wondering what that means, watch Euro-trip.

Yay I'm saved... At the loss of 100 or so NR lives and valuable cloaking corvettes... I'm saved. I salute those brave men and women. Thank you.

Malcolm Trippen
Jul 30th, 2004, 10:46:03 PM
*thinks of some way to contribute to the thread, coz he feels left out*

Moo?

Telan Desaria
Jul 30th, 2004, 11:47:56 PM
<<<big bad Imperial

Contribution made

Tear
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:01:33 PM
Greetings Rebel scum.

In Wars Wake (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36500)

If you havent noticed this thread its basically another prep thread. All you republic guys are more then welcome to come participate in it.

Its basically an aftermath type thread describing troop morales and other events that are occuring after the battle. Its not really a combat thread save for maybe some torture that may occur..:angel

but yeah feel free to write about recoupering or getting your NR fleet prepped etc.

Travis North
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:00:14 PM
You can't break me. *Spits blood*

Alex
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:42:33 AM
Travis...dude...you look like crap!

Edit:

Tear...who's the dude in the sig, with the kick-ass armour?

Tear
Aug 3rd, 2004, 02:38:36 PM
That would be Tear:p ya know since the name "Tear" is next to em..and its Tears sig:rolleyes

*Whips out a tape of Celine Dion* Tell me everything you know Travis and i wont have to go this route..

Telan Desaria
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:47:53 PM
Colone Tear - - put down the highly contagious and very dangerous tape - - -he is one of ours.............

Alex
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:43:42 AM
Originally posted by Tear
That would be Tear:p ya know since the name "Tear" is next to em..and its Tears sig:rolleyes

:|

Can I post in that after/pre Bestine thread thing? I wanna go over and explain with hindsight what happened in the thread with me and Travis...just so you know what state I'm in for Bestine. I got a little knocked about. :\

Tear
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:35:57 PM
Sure thats what its there for

Teleran Balades
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:27:58 PM
Finally, I'm back from Canada. I'm ready to start posting again.

So, what's new?

Jarek T'chort
Aug 8th, 2004, 09:39:10 AM
I'd like the first thread to be finished. Just to describe the retreat, only needs maybe one post from everyone involved. The ground stuff is for the new thread.

Teleran Balades
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:47:26 PM
Lion or Tai, whoever is doing a stealth skirmish, I'm ready when you are. PM me when you'd like to get started

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:32:03 AM
I have the memory capacity of a small teaspoon. When is Bestine II staring?

Jacen Parami
Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:49:46 AM
*sighs* When will you pilots ever learn to write stuff like that down?

(and will I ever stop talking to myself? :D)

Reshmar
Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:53:20 PM
It was supposed to start yesterday. But I want to make sure everyone is ready.

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:55:22 PM
Ready when you are, boss.

-K.D.

Teleran Balades
Aug 23rd, 2004, 07:33:02 PM
I'm still lost. I haven't gotten a hold of Lion or Tai yet.

STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:09:26 PM
they are busy. Im thinkning of a way to work around the Mistryl RP
So you guys can save it for later.

Jacen Parami
Aug 24th, 2004, 06:36:47 AM
Halo Force is ready...are we moving to the staging grounds as a single unit, or are we gonna come in drips and drabs? If its the latter, I might as well post that now in the IWW thread...unless you want me to wait?

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 27th, 2004, 06:06:11 PM
I'm back now so I'll be posting a lot more often. I'm ready to do the RP, and my fleet will jump in whenever you need it Reshmar.

Reshmar
Aug 28th, 2004, 12:10:50 AM
ok are you still doing the Mistryl RP?

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 28th, 2004, 07:35:45 AM
yes, i still am.

Reshmar
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:37:42 AM
cool get with Terleran on that . I think he will be in it with you.

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:46:05 AM
Yep, I sent him a PM yesterday. Can you PM me a preliminary list of all NR assets involved in this operation? and do you know if Lion will be participating in this one or not?

Teleran Balades
Aug 28th, 2004, 12:59:51 PM
All I need now is a finishing post for the first one.

Reshmar
Aug 29th, 2004, 01:32:02 AM
This is the list so far of forces going into Bestine
Lion will be using an NPC general to Rp An Armor Battallion of the 3 Corps.

Task Force Emancipator 2nd Division
Commanded by Colonel Yamagi

Bulwark Class guided missile ship: bulwark
Bellicose class frigate
Bellicose class frigate
Warrior Gunship
Warrior Gunship
573th Infiltration squadron Mistryl Corvettes
Orders: Jump In close to as Bestine as possible behind the Imperial Fleet. Engage orbital Defenses and aid in supressing the BEstine Fleet while 3 Corps lands

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taskforce Justice
Commanded By Line Captain Scott
Orders: Engage Imperial Fleet Lureing them away from BEstine.

Rejuvenator Star Destroyer
RepublicMK II Star Destroyer
Majestic Heavy Cruiser
Majestic Heavy Cruiser
Protector Frigate
Protector Frigate
Ranger Gunship
Ranger Gunship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Force Asgard
Commanded By Captain Parami
Orders: Escort Assault Group

Bothan Assault Cruiser
Majestic Heavy Cruiser
Scheen Escort
Ranger Gunship
Ranger Gunship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assault Group
Endurance Fleet Carrier (no fighters)
Endurance Fleet Carrier (no Fighters)
20 MT-191 Dropships
(all will be carring Carring 3 corps Division Bravo)

Hammer Transport: Newhaven
(Carrying 3 corps Division Alpha)

Liquidator Cruiser Bloodtide
Liquidator Cruiser Wave Serpent
Liquidator Cruiser Rip Tide
Liquidator Cruiser Manta Ray
Liquidator Cruiser Nautilus
Liquidator Cruiser Poseidon
(Carrying 3 corp Division Charlie)

Task Force Skyrider
Commanded By Captain Devaneaux
Orders: aid in the Escape of all vessel from the BEstine System after the Planetary Insertion has been completed.

Defender Class Star Destroyer
Majestic Class Heavy Cruiser
DP20 Gunship
DP20 Gunship

on loan from the 237th assualt Fleet
Restoration Class Interdictor Field Disruptor Cruiser "Mon Tespla"

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:06:13 AM
*waves*

As I understand it, in TF Asgard, my Majestic-class (which I re-named the Midgard, to be confusing :)) is getting left back at Fondor, with the (new) Bifrost and her squadron left behind in escort. ((Is that right? I'm not getting confused again, am I?))

My group comes with 48 Fighters - 24 XJX X-Wings, 12 A2/a A-Wings (a tiny bit faster than average, thanks to some tweaks), and 12 A2/b A-Wings (with Proton Torps rather than Ion Cannons - slower, but a little more oomph)...in case you were wonderin' what fighters were kicking about.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 29th, 2004, 06:54:48 AM
GAH! Jesus! I'm back! :D

Tomorrow, I post in the Senate thread, and we get the ball rolling. School has settled down, I'm back into my usual pattern of "do everything in study hall", and happy times are ahead!

Rawhide! :lol

Jaime Tomahawk
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:07:04 AM
good to have you back, sir.

WTF? I called some one sir????

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:32:38 AM
The sky must be falling.

And look! Flying pigs! :lol

Jacen Parami
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:40:36 AM
"You said you'd sleep with me when pigs fly, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Ever read Wraith Squadron?"

Travis North
Aug 29th, 2004, 08:14:09 AM
My single squadron shall mop thine floor with ye and smite thine NR for thinking of sending such a taskforce.

Reshmar
Aug 29th, 2004, 08:57:44 AM
Welcome BAck Boss MAn.

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 29th, 2004, 09:39:10 AM
yeah, its about time you got back.:D

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 29th, 2004, 04:35:30 PM
Indeed, I've been away waaaaaaay too long. My apologies. :D

I've just posted to the Senate Thread...we'll see how this evolves.

Teleran Balades
Aug 29th, 2004, 09:04:57 PM
Posted in the old thread. I'm ready whenever Tai is.

Welcome back Lion. I don't have anything as elaborate as Travis's smiting speech, but I'm in the same boat as him.

Travis North
Aug 29th, 2004, 11:27:39 PM
Out of my boat. Ye who has lost his edge. Your not so (Insert word for looking powerful here) now. This boat is mine and so is Zeltros. No stow aways or people who outrank me. Although you can take the life dingy.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:27:34 AM
May your battle-cry ring across the dark space of the universe:
YOU HAVE ATTACKED A FRIENDLY CRAFT!!

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 30th, 2004, 08:47:31 AM
Howdy, boss. Nice to see you - and nice to meet you, kinda sorta. :D

-K.D.

Jarek T'chort
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:11:00 AM
Hey Lion, glad to have you back.

If anyone else needs to post in the first thread, do so, but I think it's more or less complete now.

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:39:57 AM
Who's going to start the new thread. I guess that I could since the stealth insertion will be the first thing that happens before the battle.

Tear
Aug 30th, 2004, 12:14:37 PM
*Sits in his ion Cannon base*

I'll be waiting:cool

Travis North
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:07:41 PM
Muahahahah. When my rank is mine and I get a command ship it shall be the one I just created. Quick to the Imperial R&D forum. Except for the NR you can sit and wait in a room while everyone Ooohs and Awws over my new design which shall pummel thine crap out of any starfighter squadron it comes up against. Save the odd chance of a K-Wing scoring a few hits. Muahahahah.

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:15:32 AM
Is the thread, Bestine-In war's wake the actual thread for the second battle or is it just something else?

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:07:08 AM
Something else - an in-betweeny bit.

Reshmar
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:50:46 AM
its just a set up thread for the next battle more or less.

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:41:41 PM
Yeah...an in-betweeny bit. Like I just said. :D

TieFighterPilot181st
Aug 31st, 2004, 01:21:44 PM
Do i need to get into it cause i posted most of my prep on a separate thread in the storytelling thing.

Tear
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:11:18 PM
If you wanna develope your character more, feel free?

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:29:15 PM
There's a separate thread for all of the NR stuff getting together. I posted a bit in Bestine IWW, and some more there...but as long as you're stuff is around, that shouldn't be a problem.

TieFighterPilot181st
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:24:20 AM
Alright then, just to let everyone know I'll be starting the new Bestine thread with the Mistryl insertion later on today.

heres the link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36737

Redic Scott
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:04:03 PM
I'll post later on, I have some hw to finish up.

Tear
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:27:55 PM
Keep the combat in Bestines wake to a minimum guys. Its a character development/prep thread, not a combat one. Save it for the NR counter attack.

Ive already told Redic about it once already.

Jacen Parami
Sep 28th, 2004, 10:05:35 AM
Redic offered to help me out...Jarek suggested I go on a patrol, and maybe run into a little resistance...I decided getting shot down would be more fun. :)

Don't worry, combat will be kept to a minimum. This is just a little skirmish...hardly anyone involved. And these sort of things would happen if this situation were real, anyway. There won't be much combat either...a few bangs, and they'll all be dead. :D

[/Munro]

Tear
Sep 28th, 2004, 05:34:15 PM
Not if they were smart it wouldnt. If you were shot down the fleet above would know and send in a few fighters to secure the area. Soon as you get out they would bombard the area by orbit. That is if the fighters didnt chew them up first.

for shame rebels...for shame.

Christopher Munro
Sep 29th, 2004, 06:57:11 PM
Securing the area by fighter is dumb. For starters...trees. And don't say you're gonna shoot up the forest...coz that's even more dumb. I knew Starfighter jocks were stupid, but they're not gonna blow a big patch of jungle to hell just for one dropship of troops that are only there because we need to do a half-hour job to swap a stabalizer. We can patch it up, and get out ourselves. Heck, the fleet probably offered, or the base offered to send a pick-up, or something, and we said "Nah, its ok. We've got it covered."

Besides...we'll be done in 5 posts probably...its nothing major. Just some lambs for me to slaughter. *shrug*

And if you EVER suggest that a Starfighter pilot can do a job better than me and men can...:mad Thou insultest me. :(

:p

Tear
Sep 30th, 2004, 03:32:31 AM
Star fighters would secure the area. By flying over your position and checking for survivors.

Yeah theres trees but they would communicate with the ground forces, that would be you. Its not dumb. The military has been doin it for years....calling in airsupport? They give coordinates to be bombed and the fighters bomb said coordinates.

Shooting up a forests and jungles is dumb? Thats retarded. Its probably happened in ever major conflict since WW2.

Heck, the fleet probably offered, or the base offered to send a pick-up, or something, and we said "Nah, its ok. We've got it covered."

Thats more feasible and after you lift off fleet would blast the area just to make sure.

And if you EVER suggest that a Starfighter pilot can do a job better than me and men can... Thou insultest me.

Dont give me a reason to then.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 30th, 2004, 06:17:09 AM
Tear has it right - NO battle can be won without decent air cover. No air cover means you just ask for the Imps to scream in with some TIE's and wreak havoc in the troops. Even if TIE's are shit in the atmosphere.

It's logical - if a ground site is offerign too much resistance to be taken by ground forces, you call in a gunship and blow the resistance to pieces. That was done in Iraq most effectively and I could repeat the stories my SAS neigbours told about the way gunships worked to support troops in Iraq. I see no reason this not be the case for the NR.

In fact, I'd not hesitate to question a person's sanity if they said otherwise.Air support is critical.

Jacen Parami
Sep 30th, 2004, 10:04:39 AM
This combat is happening in a forest. Think Vietnam. Air support in that case consisted of cutting down the trees. That, in this situation, would be overkill, especially seeing as the unit onboard is capable of defending the shuttle.

Because we'd already have reported back that all team members are present and accounted for, there'd be no need to send in search fighters.

We're in the middle of nowhere. There's no major resistance. Ok, maybe one or two fighters could have screamed overhead at some point or other...they could have done their survey of the area, and gone. It doesn't hurt sending out patrol parties of my own.

It was suggested that I send out patrols on foot. If Starfighters are capable of doing that...what is the point? This is a major battle. Its just a downed shuttle. 54 troops, out of the whole invasion force. Aircover would be overkill, in my opinion...especially since my character really doesn't like pilots...he'd rather do it on his own.

I was calling blowing up jungles when there is no need to dumb. Doing it may be a perfectly valid tactic, but not in this situation. The shuttle is transporting troops. They can handle themselves. They're patrolling the area. If we find something, then yeah, we may call in air support. But, we're in the middle of nowhere, and we're not expecting resistance. I was calling overkill dumb, not the actual tactic itself. You don't go decimating forests as a precaution. As a response, perhaps. But not as a precaution.

And the "Thou insultest me" bit was supposed to be a joke. My character hates Starfighter pilots. I was trying to lighten the tone. Sorry I didn't make that obvious enough.

I've just spotted something. You do realise that the downed shuttle is an Imperial shuttle, right? As far as I know, the fleet in orbit is Imperial. Why would they be shooting at their own troops? So the fleet above wouldn't be bombarding stuff. There's a rebel company coming through the forest. The Imp units are patrolling around to see what's out there. If we find anything, we'll radio support. Right now, we're not

This is getting blown totally out of proportion. I have a shuttle full of people. There's a platoon of people coming through the forest. The people on the shuttle are better trained. They're gonna win, anyway. We wouldn't be expecting resistance of this scale. My guys are just patrolling. We don't have air support, because Munro is a very "this is an Army matter" kind of guy. He's an army pilot, flying an army ship, with army personnel on it. If he could possibly help it, he'd keep the fleet out of it as much as possible. If it really matters that much, I'll edit my posts to include a "No thanks, we'll secure the area ourselves" conversation in there somewhere. But I was more bothered about getting to the non-boring parts than anything else. I didn't realise it'd be that important a point.

Tear
Sep 30th, 2004, 12:13:58 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Parami
This combat is happening in a forest. Think Vietnam. Air support in that case consisted of cutting down the trees.

Napalm. I think cutting down the trees would be a side effect to trying to get whats hiding under the trees. But im sure they called airsupport in just to clear the way so they might see whats in their path. Im not a vietnam buff. 54 troops is more then enough for resources like air support to be called upon.

Because we'd already have reported back that all team members are present and accounted for, there'd be no need to send in search fighters.

Again, thats the more feasible reason.

You don't go decimating forests as a precaution. As a response, perhaps. But not as a precaution.

You do realize your Imperial for this mission right? Blowing stuff up as a precaution is something we do. *cough* Alderaan*cough*

I've just spotted something. You do realise that the downed shuttle is an Imperial shuttle, right? As far as I know, the fleet in orbit is Imperial. Why would they be shooting at their own troops?

Sorta the point of Coordinates..communication with the fleet by the troops on the ground.

This is getting blown totally out of proportion.

Its not. You just said before that air support in this situation would be dumb or something. Realistically its not dumb. That was my only point. Im not saying you have to use air support in your posts or anything like that. It was just a point i made.

Alex
Sep 30th, 2004, 02:08:28 PM
Fine. Its not 'dumb'. Its just not appropriate for this situation.

It seemed like you were telling me I was wrong, is all.

TieFighterPilot181st
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:27:10 AM
where did everyone go, everything just kinda died here.:(

Alex
Oct 5th, 2004, 10:42:51 AM
My computer is broken. :(

I'm working on it, though. I have some nearly finished draft stuff for Bestine IWW and my Stratagem thread...I just need to fix the computer that they're drafted on. :\

Redic Scott
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:28:36 PM
yeah, I'm sooooo bored right now. Could I do something? do any imps wanna have a small border engagement or something? Or maybe someone can play a new pirate group?

Jarek T'chort
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:47:38 AM
Redic, since Munro won't be particpating anymore, you can take him out. Don't wipe the whole squad out, just maul the downed troopers and they'll retreat back across friendly lines.

Redic Scott
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:55:20 AM
Alrighty, thanx for telling me. Is there anyway I can rp taking some prisoners? or no?

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:55:33 AM
Uhhhh...what the hell happened to Jacen/Alex/Malcolm/? :lol

Jarek T'chort
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:06:17 AM
Redic - sure thing.

Lion - uhh.. I'm not sure, I think his temper got the better of him.

Good to see you back, too! Serena will be starting the diversion threads soon. :)

Telan Desaria
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:25:10 PM
On a note from an experienced tactician and actual combat officer -

In an environment such as this, aerial support IS NOT neccessary since Star Destroyers are orbiting above. Forward areas would call for support from their parent battalions, they to regiments, and onward to a battery commander in the warship. Thencely fire rains down into the world below.

That said, aerial support IS crucial if the orbital force is deployed forward to prevent any further intrusions into local space and out of range with its large guns - - though effective, they would prove innaccurate and would risk hitting as many friendly targets as enemy ones.

Teleran Balades
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:40:59 PM
I'll be around when I'm needed, I am extremly busy.

My schedule runs from about 5 am to 11/12ish during weekdays, and the weekends for the next 2 weeks are shot.

P.S. Yell at me if you need my to post. My guilt will take over and Ill do it

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:40:06 AM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Uhhhh...what the hell happened to Jacen/Alex/Malcolm/? :lol

Self Imploded.

Janson Star
Oct 8th, 2004, 02:24:29 PM
edited because of flame remark and due to the fact that this name was requested to be deleted- Navaria

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 8th, 2004, 10:31:29 PM
Erm...uh....

Bye, Alex. Sorry things didn't work out for you here.

The war should be on soon, I'm trying to shove this declaration through the Senate as fast as possible. :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 9th, 2004, 06:40:18 AM
As I said.... he self imploded.

Please hurry with the declaration.... waiting for some fun and games.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 9th, 2004, 06:54:05 AM
I suppose I could just mimic Tohmahawk, pull out my Saber, mince the entire committee, and declare myself acting Chief of State...but I'd probably be shot/overthrown ten minutes later.

...Not to mention that the real Chief of State isn't present in this meeting anyways. :lol

I'll try to hurry this up...I think we'll be through the debating soon.

Redic Scott
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:03:53 AM
so if he is gone who takes over halo force, or that unit none existant now?

Telan Desaria
Oct 9th, 2004, 06:08:02 PM
If you eliminate the leading NR hierarhcy Lion, the Empire will support you.

LION FOR DIKTAT!!!!!

Karl Valten
Oct 9th, 2004, 06:10:03 PM
Diktat? Heck make him emperor....Oh wait, that's going to be Anar. Nevermind.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:47:10 AM
Originally posted by Redic Scott
so if he is gone who takes over halo force, or that unit none existant now?

As far as I'm concerned...... I really dont care. I'd rather have a different approach to the special unit, a unified approach that everyone discusses and agrees on, instead of a flying solo. It's time that we of the NR really sat down and developed something a bit different and every bit as fearsome as the NRSF was at it's height.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 10th, 2004, 06:08:03 AM
Originally posted by Karl Valten
Diktat? Heck make him emperor....Oh wait, that's going to be Anar. Nevermind.

No it's not.

Redic Scott
Oct 10th, 2004, 08:01:43 AM
Oh, I totally agree with you. I was just wondering what would happen to it. If I take it over it'll be part of a whole and wont be doing stuff by itself. All missions will be coordinated and approved by military command and backup will always be there in case something happens. Post your ideas in our command threads and we'll look at them, I'm sure you have a great ideas that will help us.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:27:36 AM
I'd prefer to dump Halo Force, or make it a passing mention from now on...there are too many memories associated with that unit, and to be truthful, we can fill the gap easily.

It's sad to lose a member of the New Republic, but Alex had to go. He was distrupting our ability to function, and smudging our reputation.

Unfortunately. :lol

Redic Scott
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:51:13 AM
lol, Alrighty, I have no prob dumping it. We just have to make a new escorting unit for our landing transports.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 11th, 2004, 06:48:54 AM
Oh, we can do that. Now, my question would be - resurrect the NRSF properly with everyone onboard, or create something really new? I know the NRSF has that fearsome ring about it.

Wait, this needs a new thread.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:59:06 AM
Yes, it does need a new thread. I feel the NRSF has always been symbolic of the New Republic as a whole.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:23:15 AM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Yes, it does need a new thread. I feel the NRSF has always been symbolic of the New Republic as a whole.

Absolutly. Becuase it's one of the few things that was able to scare the living shit out of the Imps and the Sith.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:41:32 AM
Besides, of course, Lion's Taskforce Implacable if I ever get to drive the entire thing into a system at once. In the fanfiction I'm writing, it's surreal. :lol

Telan Desaria
Oct 12th, 2004, 10:02:33 PM
Indeed.

NRSF doesnt inspire fear in the new Empire, it inspires awe. Dont forget you're dealing with us, not Viscera. We admire its bravery and salute its fallen. We dig graves and perform services for our gallant enemies.

But on that note - - - -why don't we have an elite unit??

Wait - -we do. the Imperial Guard.

Muwhahah..

I can't wait until Bestine starts. My Centurions are growing cobwebs. Do you know what it's like to dust off a quad mount heavy turbolaser?????

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 13th, 2004, 02:53:58 AM
I imagine dusting off a turbolaser is dangerous. Slip and hit the wrong switch, and you can kiss your appendages goodbye.

I hope this thing gets rolling soon, I'm getting antsy. Ah well...Senate's almost done. :D

TieFighterPilot181st
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:55:52 PM
i hope it starts soon too, but not too soon because i have midterms this week. ugghhhh.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:41:24 AM
Midterm? :lol

I really miss Athenian...but I wouldn't want to be there right now. ^_^;

Tiberius Anar
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:52:30 PM
Sorry about our sloth in the senate. We will get there soon.

Teleran Balades
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:17:36 PM
Woo, good, I had my last soccer game and marching band is done this weekend, the only thing I have bogging me down now is hockey.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:42:36 AM
Knock out some teeth, Teleran! :D

...hold on...

Jyanis Scorpion
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:54:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiberius Anar
Sorry about our sloth in the senate. We will get there soon.

Hey, at least the speed is realistic. :D

Travis North
Oct 27th, 2004, 06:47:28 PM
*Hides*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:14:08 PM
I vote that we fast fwd to the vote. :):thumbup

all in favor say AYE! It's not like we're going to vote against the war.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:33:27 AM
Of course, Lion'll probably be reamed when he gets back from this offensive with half of his fleet gone and Bestine still in Imperial hands...but still. :lol

I can probably swing the Senate with an impassioned speech. ^_^;

Telan Desaria
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:43:16 AM
As per the OOC forum thread - I will no longer be participating. It is due to public opinion. Lion - - you responded and doubted my words. You of all people - - we share a position and have had no insidious dealings - - I would have felt less rotten had you spoken to me.

The Centurions will remain.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:01:22 PM
I haven't been keeping track of things but when this battle thing actually starts someone tell me.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:41:14 AM
It should be go within a couple of days...all we need is for the Senate to vote. :D

Tiberius Anar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 03:46:32 AM
Working on it.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:37:01 AM
Maybe if we bite them they will leak blood! :D

Er...I mean...go faster! ^_^;

Alexi Hesith
Nov 2nd, 2004, 04:29:01 PM
*Hides behind bodyguards and eyes Lion suspiciously*

Will be moving on tomorrow.

Telan Desaria
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:20:16 PM
Please - - - hurry. My men grow anxious

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:54:35 PM
Yeah. Ive had a hard time controlling the blood thirstiness. I ended up taking it out on China in the seceurity council of Model UN where we voted except for China for a massive US nuclear strike and German ground invasion.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 6th, 2004, 09:39:19 PM
Wait...

Really? Awesome!

But why Germany? :lol

EDIT: And wait a second...I'm in China. Divert those nukes from Beijing ASAP! ^_^;

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 6th, 2004, 10:05:22 PM
Well he voluntered the use of the Bundeswher. Basically the delegate from China pissed everyone off so we brought up the resolution to wipe him off the face of the earth. One of the senior girls at Athenian who went who was pakistan was like its not your culture we don;t like. In fact we'll take your art and put it in our museums but we still need to nuke you. And then China was all like well i regret to inform that my government has said that Chinese military forces are now occupying Islamabad. And then I reply, well i regret to inform China that the State Department has told me that Beijing doesnt exist anymore and is one big radioactive parking lot.

Tiberius Anar
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:46:09 AM
Laughs uproarously.

Telan Desaria
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:40:28 PM
Of Course - - WHY not

The Wehrmacht dispatched sixty three million Russians to only 5.73 million Germans., Thats is a loss ratio of over 12 to one. I will take those odds anyday.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:00:27 PM
Yes, the Wehrmacht, all the atrocities aside was one of the best armies that has ever existed in the history of man. It was a common myth that the German soldier was never rattled, even at the gates of Berlin.

Teleran Balades
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:43:40 PM
Switzerland could kick all of your arses. :hat

Senator Lorain
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:13:18 PM
is that why they dreaded going to the eastern front? ;) . but yes, they were very well trained. However I have no idea where that huge number came from. Every book has the number of russians killed, military and civilian at around 29 million. However the number is contested and it was probably around 32. nowhere near the 63 million lol. That number is just insane. Maybe Germany wishs, they killed that many, but they didn't. Unless you want to include the total number or people killed form all the countries fighting the germans and the horrible number of my people (the jews) that were slaughtered. but that probably still doesn't reach 63 mil. just wanted to point that out. lol. But, yeah, the russians got their butts handed to them. however it doesn't help that your best generals are killed right before the war started from orders by stalin...

Tiberius Anar
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:01:22 AM
Paranoia: the politician's friend.

Kensington is going to post shortly.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:44:34 AM
The concept of Blitzkrieg is one that still makes my mouth water. A pity that Germany's Navy didn't work too well in WW2 (asides from the U-Boats), or they might have secured the UK before they had to deal with that nasty Battle of Britain. :lol

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:20:54 AM
I dont think the German surface Navy of WWII really qualified as a navy since a: either its major surface combatants were sunk early in the war, b: because they stayed in port until the RAF bombed the shit out of them.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:49:46 PM
Originally posted by TieFighterPilot181st
And then I reply, well i regret to inform China that the State Department has told me that Beijing doesnt exist anymore and is one big radioactive parking lot.
These lines are excellent. lol.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 9th, 2004, 05:50:58 PM
I should change the words under my username to something along that line. "Turning city after city into radioactive parking lots. Courtesy of the New Republic Starfighter Corps." or something like that.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 10th, 2004, 02:59:22 AM
Unfortunately, the NR Starfighter Corps uses proton torpedoes, not city-crushing nukes. Motion to change that, anybody? :lol

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:50:15 PM
motion seconded. :D

Jarek T'chort
Nov 11th, 2004, 09:19:29 AM
In future any Senate threads should be done parallel to the battle threads. This has taken way too long.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:44:02 AM
sadly, it is realistic. as a universal rule, senates take forever to decide something, especially when its something important.

Telan Desaria
Nov 11th, 2004, 10:58:40 AM
The number of russian casualties is often quoted around sixty million when one factors in the Stalinistic purges and the massive number sent to the gulag. Also - -right behind the Russian front line was the NKVD who killed as many as we did.

The German Surface fleet during the war did well until Admiral Donitz took over - he had a passion for submarines and that overruled the useage of the surface forces. IF they had been used properly, things would have been different. Convoys only needed to be interdicted in the straits of murmansk - - - you will remember the few sorties of the cruisers accompanying the Tirpitz against those convoys were merciless. The greatest number of tanks put of action was in convoy m39 since eighty percent was sent to the bottom of the arctic.

Can we start now please????

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 13th, 2004, 09:41:01 AM
Honestly, Telan, I agree with you. If there's no objections, and it's almost certain that the battle plan will be accepted by the Senate, we should start as soon as possible. This has indeed taken too long...planning was done a month ago.

As for Admiral Donitz...well, the U-Boats were doing rather well until we started arming merchantmen and constructing flight decks on the bigger vessels. They just took too long to change tactics.

Telan Desaria
Nov 14th, 2004, 01:13:44 AM
Indeed. Let us know when, make your move, and hopefully we will jumpstart things again

Alexi Hesith
Nov 14th, 2004, 02:14:49 PM
The Senate thread is waiting for Senator Kensington who is unable to post for RL reasons. I would ask you to be patient (which is asking a lot I know given the time that has already lapsed) and hold on until we are done. Obviously I can't stop you doing anything, but in the interests of good rping and coherent storytelling I would ask you to wait.

Kieran Devaneaux
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:01:01 PM
Have I missed something? :)

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:27:35 AM
My apologies, then. I did not know why Senator Kensington was delayed. In that case, we should probably hold off for at least a bit longer.

Everybody, I'm sorry about this. ^_^;

Telan Desaria
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:47:54 AM
I was not aware either. We will wait. Jarek is completeing the occupation of Riflor and the with the Solaarian introduction now complete, that war can be put in full swing also. We will remain occupied.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:15:04 AM
Excellent, Telan.

This reminds me...NR members, we need to start thinking of proposals for other RPs besides the main Bestine storyline. We probably should have gotten on this a bit earlier, but I didn't think we'd have this much of a lull in-between RPs. The Imps are doing a whole bunch of side thingies, and I think we need to do some of our own.

I know that Redic is doing an RP against a pirate force, which is exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of. If enough people agree, I think we should open a "Suggestions for RPs" thread in one of the other subforums.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:06:53 PM
Alright, I did that in the High Command forum. Just wondering has anyone seen Reshmar lately? or anyone else from the NR for that matter.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:52:32 AM
Not lately. I've got a feeling that they check in every once in a while, and Redic PMed me not too long ago. As soon as the RP starts, they will come.

Reshmar
Nov 24th, 2004, 02:12:25 PM
sorry im not around guys. Work is crazy. I had a manager die and am in the process of training a new one and still working on training the crew of the new store. things are a bit crazy here. Plus my comp died :( oh well Ill be back asap but it looks like in not missing much anyway. :) Take care and happy thanksgiving for those in the U.S.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 24th, 2004, 06:51:31 PM
accidentally hit the post button twice.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 24th, 2004, 06:51:41 PM
Well at least everyones still here. i guess I'll take the old starfighter out for a couple of practice runs as i haven't been doing much of that lately. (Accidentally trips the trigger on the lasers and melts a hole in the hangar bay wall). Yep, haven't practiced in a while.....

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 25th, 2004, 07:57:25 AM
Hehehehe. Tie, stop punching holes in your flagship. :lol

Resh: You had a manager die?!?! How the hell did that happen? My condolences. ^_^;

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Telan Desaria
Nov 25th, 2004, 10:19:50 PM
He overworked him.

I wish all a happy holiday season - may your victories be glorious and your deaths honourable.

Yes, I am part Klingon.

How goes Bestine? What is that - - someone told me it was a planet we were attacking!!!!! I said no - - - - - we havent attacked anyone for a long time......

Im getting military amnesia. I think our forces on that world have died from boredom. I can see the recruiting slogans now. (Join the Imperial Army - - - Invade Foreign Worlds and Wait....)

Jarek T'chort
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:19:43 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
He overworked him.

I wish all a happy holiday season - may your victories be glorious and your deaths honourable.

Yes, I am part Klingon.

How goes Bestine? What is that - - someone told me it was a planet we were attacking!!!!! I said no - - - - - we havent attacked anyone for a long time......

Im getting military amnesia. I think our forces on that world have died from boredom. I can see the recruiting slogans now. (Join the Imperial Army - - - Invade Foreign Worlds and Wait....)
haha.

Well some of us do have other campaigns coming along!

Good to see you Resh.

Telan Desaria
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:40:25 PM
Yes - -you are the exception. Why else do you think you are my right-hand-man/second in command?

Jarek T'chort
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:51:40 AM
True.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:27:14 AM
Well, this is getting off to a late start. We were supposed to have this thing wrapped up by Thanksgiving. ^_^;

I'm starting to feel like John Romero when he headed Daikatana. :lol

Reshmar
Nov 29th, 2004, 11:08:55 AM
I say I will be back in 2 weeks but thats a very very early estimate. Wish me luck. :lol

Mabey then I can abuse some Imperials.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 30th, 2004, 10:53:58 AM
Just wondering is General Tomahawk still going to participate because Marcus said he was leaving the forums.

Telan Desaria
Nov 30th, 2004, 02:46:19 PM
Well - - since things are not shaping up at all, we could start a new offensive, this one taking place i conjunction with the Bestine offensive. This one could be a feignt against some heavily fortified system designed to draw off your reinforcements. Ill rp the attack nd you can defend.

Thoughts/??? It will give us something to do

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 30th, 2004, 05:43:45 PM
I'd be open to that, but I've gotta go to school.

Discussion soon. ^_^;

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 30th, 2004, 06:20:46 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely be willing to do that. DO you have any target suggestions?

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:14:08 AM
Well, this is fun. ^_^;

Has the Senate moved lately, lol?

Telan Desaria
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:04:45 AM
no - they have not.

Alexi Hesith
Dec 7th, 2004, 01:34:43 PM
We are still waiting on Kensington. I assume that he is in deadline central- like me. Once the holidays get going I am sure he will post.

I thank you for your patience, on his behalf as well as for myself.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:39:30 PM
It's okay, Hesith. Thanks for the update.

It looks like we'll get this other RP going as a filler anyways. It might enhance the Bestine thread as well, so I don't really have a problem with the waiting. :)

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:21:15 PM
What other RP?

Redic Scott
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:08:41 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37436

That one.

Telan Desaria
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:27:25 PM
My other evil machinations....muywhahahaha

Telan Desaria
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:27:30 PM
My other evil machinations....muywhahahaha

YOU HAVE BEEN FLANKED

Redic Scott
Dec 10th, 2004, 01:58:37 PM
hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have finals next week so this weekend I wont be on a lot as well as the beginging of next week. On the 18th, though, I'm going away on a cruise, so I probably wont be on either untill 7 days after that.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:45:30 PM
Good luck with the finals Redic.

I bumped the Bestine - In Wars Wake thread, it would be good if someone from the NR could post about waiting for the Senate - something along those lines.

Telan Desaria
Dec 10th, 2004, 04:58:26 PM
And the Imperials shall inherit the earth.