PDA

View Full Version : Battlefleet Mediator (New Beginning)

Reshmar
Jun 10th, 2004, 12:30:50 AM
Bright light rushed into the consciousness of the Calamari Admirals Mind as his eyes opened for the first time in 3 weeks. He had been burnt and Badly injured in the final minutes before the Calamari Cruiser Artanis' death. Loaded into an escape pod after being injured , and jettisoned only seconds before the fatal blow which caused the explosion of the great ship was struck. Reshmar had been in a coma for the majority of his time since then.He had undergone two weeks of bacta treatments and a special Calamari type of reconstructive surgery to graft some skin to his fishlike body. Now in the dim glow of a calamari medical center He once again was awake.

Reshmar sat up to look around the room he had spent the last 5 days sleeping in. It was small but the air was moist and he could smell fresh Sea water near by. Confusion only lasted a moment as he realized where he was. His back ached from atrophy which was minor but had set in all the same.
The floor was cold under his flipper feet as he tried to apply weight to his lifeless legs. Holding onto his bunk he stood and allowed the feeling and strength to come back to his legs before trying to walk. Pain could be felt all through his body. The section of skin which had been grafted onto his body itched but was tolerable. He looked around the room once again then the full realization of everything hit him. There could be only one reason he was here. He had been injured in the battle. A battle he knew the forces he had could not win. But here he was on Calamari. The smell of the sea was unmistakable. He knew he was on Calamari. But how did her get here?

"Nurse!" Reshmar strained to yell but the word barely escaped his mouth. It was dry even in the extremely moist environment of Calamari. He cleared his throat then tried again.

"Nurse!" Reshmar spoke aloud but it was still soft and his voice cracked as he did so. He looked around on the side of the Bed he had been laying in. Now the taste of bacta began to overwhelm him as his taste returned and he became more cognizant. He hated Bacta. Most Calamari did. Bacta is horrific to a water dwelling organism. But he knew he had to have been injured badly for the physicians to use bacta on him so he passed it off as a necessity.

Across the bed he had just climbed out of was a call button. He worked his way around the bed constantlly using it to brace his as his legs worked to regain there strength. After what seemed like an hour he had made it to the other side of the bed. He pressed the call button and waited. Immediatlly a Calamari Doctor walked into the room fallowed by a Calamari Nurse and a Human Doctor. Reshmar looked at them as they entered with grim expectation.

"Doctor. What happened to my Crew? The Artanis. The Flame? I need to know what happened at Bestine."

The doctor took Reshmar by the arm and ask him to lay back on the bed long enough to check him. By this time Reshmars head was spinning with dizziness both from his weakened condition and from the questions which would not stop spinning through his mind.

"Admiral Reshmar Please lay down. You are far from ready to be up and around." The 2 doctors helped him back into the bed. He lay down and instantly the relaxation of not struggling to stand convinced Reshmar that what the doctor said was true.

"Tell me Doctor I need to know what happened. How long have I been out?" Reshmar closed his eyes and relaxed as the doctor gave him a shot of something which he said would help Reshmar with the pain. This was something Reshmar really needed to hear. the pain of the Skin graft and the remaining burns were starting to get stronger as he became more and more awake.

"Admiral we will tell you everything as soon as you have some more rest. You are weak and for now sleep is the best thing you can do. You are home and that is all which matters for now. Get some rest and when you wake up we will fill you in"

For a moment Reshmar started to argue. He wanted to know what had happened. Were his boys ok? The questions were haunting his mind but the in his weakened stat sleep was winning any battle he could fight against it. The light dimmed as his eyes closed and once again the dark silence of sleep held Admiral Reshmar.

Redic Scott
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:41:18 PM
Redic had some time off before missions, so he got an apartment near the hospital that Reshmar was in. He instructed the place to comm him when the admiral woke up, since Redic wished to be there to great his superior officer. The call woke him up in the middle of the night and Redic instantly put on his uniform, made sure he was presentable and took a taxi to the hospital.

Redic ran up the stairs and asked to see the admiral. After being admited and finding the room, Redic walked in to see Admiral Reshmar sleeping in his bed. Redic pulled up a chair and sat down to wait. He was sure the Admiral would want to be updated on everything that had happened.

Reshmar
Jun 11th, 2004, 02:20:14 PM
Reshmar awoke to the Same dimly lit room. As he lay the sound of breathing caught his attention. HE turned to see Captain Scott sitting in a chair beside his bed. He struggled to focus on the name. His sight still blurry from the medicine and sleep Reshmar Turned to look fully at Redic.

"Captain Scott. It is good to see you. Tell me, How is my Fleet?"

Redic Scott
Jun 11th, 2004, 09:41:36 PM
Redic smiled as he saw Reshmar wake up and moved over. He frowned a little as the admiral asked him about the battle.

"I'm glad your alright sir. Your fleet, sir, is heavily damaged and under going repairs. We lost a lot of good men and women, but we would have lost a lot more if Admiral Lion hadn't shown up with reinforcements to get us out. Pretty much after the Artanis exploded, the Flame took very heavy damage and I'm amazed it made it out like it did. The Guardian is pretty much in full operating order. The gunships took a beating, but they should be alright. As soon as everyone punched out from the Artanis, I went back and recovered most of the escaping crew. Some didn't make it, but the majority were recoved. You were in pretty bad shape sir, I'm glad you made it out alright."

Redic looked into the Admirals eyes with a stern face, "We'll get them back sir. They will pay for the lives that they have taken."

Reshmar
Jun 12th, 2004, 12:35:41 AM
Reshmar sat a listened to Captain Scott. Fire boiled up inside him as the tale of the battle went on and the thought of all the lives which had been lost on his watch. He could never forgive himself for losing so many in battle and he making it out alive. He would see that he Imperial Sovereignty paid for each of his lost crew members. And pay dearly.

Reshmar's senses were returning to him more and more now. His sight had cleared and the ringing in his head had all but stopped. HE knew he was not well enough to leave. And he knew the Doctors would not let him. But deep inside all he wanted to was get aboard the MOn Orishma and return to Bestine to exact the revenge which would be his.

"Captain Scott, I will be out of action for a few more days. I would go now and fight till I could fight no more but I know it would be a suicide. I will need a favor of you. The fleet is in shambles I assume. They need leadership until which time i can return to active duty. I am hereby giving you the rank of Fleet Commander. and handing command of the Mon Orishma over to you. I need a defensive perimeter set up around Calimari. I have a few thing I plan on getting done here which will draw the attention of the Imperial Sovereignty. I need to know nothing will get close enough to cause me any problems."

Reshmar paused. The words were coming out of him at a feverish pace. He had to slow down. His breathing was shallow and he was winded from talking.

"I will be here only as long as the doctors keep threatening to strap me down if I try to leave. The moment they stop I will be out of here and back in action."

Reshmar heard a chuckle from Redic and wanted to laugh himself but the pain from his wounds would not allow it.

"Another thing Redic. Go to Fleet command and requisition six Agave pickets and four Ferrets. Send the ferrets out and have them monitor Bestine. I want a full report of the in going and outgoing traffic on my desk when I get out of here."

Redic Scott
Jun 13th, 2004, 08:48:18 PM
Redic nodded, "Yes, sir, thank you, sir. I will do everything to have the force in full operating order. However, if I may, I would like to give everyone in the fleet a few days shore leave, to get them rested up and back in working order. As after any battle, some of the crews are tipsy and I feel that they should have some fun and relax after doing such a great job at Bestine. I want to send half the crews down and when they come back, send the others down. We'll start drilling and rebuilding at once though, first one half, then the other, and then in the end, I will combine them and see how they do."

Redic looked at Reshmar, "Is that alright sir? Also, don't try and speed your recovery, it might not be good for you. Take it easy for a while and then come back to us all healed. I will handle everything until your return. I promise everything will be in order and the fleet group will be ready for any threat."

Reshmar
Jun 18th, 2004, 01:21:46 AM
Reshmar nodded his head to let Scott know he agreed with his ideas and then closed his eyes. The throbbing was beginning to be unbearable. Blood forcing its way threw the gashes and the large knot on his head cause severe pain and Reshmar knew he was not in any condition to return to active status.

"I will do as the doctors say Mr. Scott. I have faith in your capabilities. I am sure you have everything under control. But now go. We need those ferrets in the Bestine area asap. Also I need a full rundown on Vessel Status. I am planing on decommissioning the Assault frigates. They do not have the punch to fight the new Imp Destroyers. Fill there slots with Majestics from the Yards. Also contact Admiral Lion and ask him what action the Senate plans to take in regards to Bestine. I will not sit by and let the politicians sweep this under the peaceful relations rug. I have every intention of returning and exacting some revenge."

Redic Scott
Jun 18th, 2004, 10:31:16 AM
Redic nodded and saluted the injured Admiral, "Everything will be done as you ask Admiral. The group will be rebuilt and it will be better than before. The next time we see the Imperials, they will be in for a surprise. Get some rest sir, you deserve it. I will see you later on."

Redic smiled and left the room briskly. He had much work to do and not that much time to do it in. As he walked he commed the Mon Orishma, now his flagship, to send down a shuttle to meet him. He looked around and saw military personel filling up the hospital rooms. There were so many injurned in the last engagement, that the hospital turned a whole wing into a military sections. Redic thought about all these people and anger grew in him at the senseless attack by the Imperial forces. It was unprovocked and brutal. These soldiers and Naval personel will have their revenge, Redic vowed to himself and to them.

Making his way to the rooftop landing pad, Redic saw that the shuttle was on deck and waiting for him. As he boarded, he was saluted by the pilot. Redic returned the salute and dropped down into the seat. Looking out the window, he could see the hospital shrink quickly and soon all around him was ocean. It looked so peaceful and beautiful. As they cleared the thin clouds, stars shone all around them and off toward the port side was cluster of lights, stationary and moving, appeared. Redic knew those were lights from the massive Shipyard facility orbiting the planet. Redic smiled because he knew what would start to happen.

The New Republic could not look away from this large engagement. They would declare war and soon all military facilities will be working overtime to produce the needed military machines and supplies. The New Republic military would respond in full force, but the new fleets will be a lot more powerful than the older ones that were guarding Bestine. The Imperials will be in for a rude awakening. They had woken up a large hibernating beast that would soon feed on their flesh.

Redic entered the Orishma's bridge and was surprised to see all the activity. Everyone was on station and working. "Captain has the bridge!" The XO called out.

Redic smiled and turned to the man, "That's Fleet Commander to you."

"Sorry, sir." The XO started to respond, but Redic laughed. "Don't worry about it. I'm just trying to lighten the mood."

He nodded and playfully slapped the XO's back. Redic lifted the ships comm link and turned it on, as well as the fleet wide communication system. "Listen up boys and girls, this is Acting Fleet Commander Redic Scott. Due to your outstanding performance in the Bestine system, I am awarding you all 4 day shore leave. Before each one of you gets too excited, only half of you are going at once. The ones going will be messaged via comm link. You will be randomly choisen, so don't try and suck up to your commanding officers.

"The ones staying onboard will take part in fleet excercises to keep our performance at the maximum. We will also be recieving some new vessels as replacements and some of you will need to be reaqainted with them. Do these new vessels and their new capabilities, we will also be exploring new tactics and formations. These will be busy days everyone, but that is what happens when one is at war.

"One all groups are through with their leave we will start join excercises. That's about it for now. Those leaving will be contected within the day so have fun and try and relax. Come back well rested. That is all, back to work people, and once again, you should all be proud of your actions and performance."

Redic put down the comm link and sat down in his command seat. He started reviewing the data on the screen and memorized the location of his ships. A few were in dry dock, undergoing repairs. The most heavily damaged ship, the Flame, was still over two weeks away from completion. His Guardian will be finished in just a few days, but as the admiral had said, it would soon be decommisioned.

Pressing a button on the seat, redic activated a sound proof barrier and then keyed in fleet command. He talked with the admiral in charge for about 20 minutes, but got them to send over six Agave pickets. He was also patched through to New Republic intellegance and requested them to transfer 4 ferret recon ships to his command. After some time, they also agreed to his request and allocated the ferrets to his command, but first made him promise to return them in full working order.

A warning sounded around the bridge just as Redic turned around, "Sir, ships coming in from hyperspace. They entered the system a few seconds ago, should be her in 10 minutes. Mass signiture is to low for a fleet. Date and time of arrival matchs that of 2 Majestic Class Heavy Cruisers that are supplementing Orishma task force."

Redic nodded and smiled, the rebuilding has begun.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 23rd, 2004, 03:03:16 PM
The Defender Star Destroyer Skyrider had departed the shipyards of S-53 some hours earlier and headed into lightspeed. The ship had just been refitted to Defender M-1 specifications and was on its way now to compliment the depleted New Republic fleet at Calamari.

The robed figure of the ship's captain stood erect, staring out the bridge viewports as the lines of hyperspace faded back into "real space". He found the effect of hyperspace quite stimulating.

"There's the fleet, Captain." The executive officer pointed to the badly bruised remnants of the Republic fleet. "Looks like the Sovereignty gave them a beating."

Kieran Devaneaux nodded. "So it would appear, Commander. So it would appear." He turned to face the comms officer. "Inform the fleet commander that the Defender Star Destroyer Skyrider has arrived as ordered."

Redic Scott
Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:38:54 PM
It had been just over a week since Redic had taken control of the remains of the Mon Orishma Task Force. In that time the fleet had greatly modernized itself with new ships and systems. The New Republic was hard at work producing newer and betters ships for the navy. Improvements weren't only for the navy either. Each ship was recieving newer tanks and other vehicles, as well as brand new armor exoskeleton combat suits for the army and navy troopers onboard.

Everyday the crews were training and drilling, learning to use new systems and how to operate as one combat unit. Target practice against drones was a daily excercise and the crews were many times better than when they started. After they had returned from their shore leave, the personel looked like different people. They were ready to get back to work and work hard to be the best they could be.

After all this time, Redic had finally been able to take some time off and go to his suit. He had slept for 8 hours for the first time in 2 weeks and it felt wonderful to him. He didn't even mind the comm link going off and waking him up. The person on the other end informed him that another NR Task Force had entered the system. Redic was looking forward to working with them since the file had said it was a brand new unit with a newly appointed captain in command.

"I'll be right there." Redic replied as he got up and proceeded to dress.

He stepped onto the bridge moments later and looked out the large view port, watching the black of space and the beauty of the shifting stars and their twinkle. To port, he noticed the Flame maneuvering into position. The ship was finally in full working order and was conducting operations with the fleet again. Off to the front and Starboard, Redic could see the approaching fleet and looked at the screen next to his command seat, studing the fleet's position.

"Skyrider welcome to Mon Calamari. I am Acting Fleet Commander Redic Scott. Take up position at Zero-Three-Nine Mark Forty. Also inform your Captain that I wish to meet with him."

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 23rd, 2004, 09:28:12 PM
"Acknowledged, Fleet Commander." The communications officer turned to his captain. "Captain, Acting Fleet Commander wishes to meet with you."

Kieran nodded. "Then I shall go at once. You have the bridge, Commander." The Jedi strode off the bridge and headed for the Skyrider's hangar bay, where his personally modified transport, the Corellian Engineering YT-2400 Devaneaux's Fury, was there waiting. He strode up the docking ramp and headed to the cockpit. He sat down in his chair and powered up the ship's systems, then guided the Fury smoothly out of the Skyrider's docking bay and headed for the Mon Orishma.

A moment later, the modified freighter landed on the flagship, and Kieran walked out of the craft to see a lieutenant saluting him. "Welcome aboard, Captain Devaneaux. Fleet Commander Scott will meet you on the bridge. Follow me, please."

"Thank you, Lieutenant." Kieran followed the lieutenant through to the bridge, where the Fleet Commander was sitting. He strode up smartly in front of him and stood at attention. "Captain Kieran Devaneaux, reporting as requested, sir."

Redic Scott
Jun 24th, 2004, 03:17:43 PM
Redic turned as Kieran came onto the bridge. He smile, "At ease Captain. Can I get you anything to drink?"

He turned back around after Kieran answered and studied the screens near him. "Tell me Captain, what were your other missions and what would you say are your strong points?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:37:34 AM
"Corellian ale, if you have it." Kieran was suddenly very nervous. He had been given his commission shortly before receiving orders to take command of Skyrider and rendezvous with the fleet at Calamari...but he breathed deeply and said, "I...just finished my command training mission, sir, before receiving orders to rendezvous with the fleet. My strong points are my ability to gauge how much of a response a threat requires, and what form that response will take."

Redic Scott
Jun 25th, 2004, 01:23:42 PM
Redic turned toward the man and grinned, "Drinking on duty captain?" He then nodded at an assistant and the other went off in search of the ale.

"I look forward to working with you Captain. Your files say are you very capable and we shall see that in time. For now we must prepare to reengage the Imperial forces and show them that the NR will not be bullied. We will training and practice until the times come to hand them a blow and it will be a major one at that."

As they talked, the assistant returned and offered Kieran a glass of ale.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 25th, 2004, 02:13:26 PM
"It's one of my few vices, even as a Jedi..." Kieran chuckled a bit. The assistant was quick, thankfully. "Thank you." He sipped the ale. Fine vintage, too. "Normally, I'd be drinking tea, but considering what I saw on the way in here, I figured a stiff drink would be in order." He was referring to the nearly massacred remains of the fleet.

Redic Scott
Jun 27th, 2004, 09:42:17 AM
Redic looked at the man curiously, "What was it that you saw on the way in?"

((OOC: the whole fleet is repaired or pretty much made up of brand new ships. So you couldn't have seen any damaged ships.)

Reshmar
Jun 27th, 2004, 02:38:07 PM
((OOC: the old DP20's, Neb B's, and Assualt Frigs would have been there and would still be damaged, they would be last on the list to repair / retire. so we can just say those are what he saw. )

Reshmar
Jul 7th, 2004, 01:37:07 PM
Reshmar Walked the hallway of the newly constructed shipyard orbiting Calamari. The massive structure was a testament to the ingenuity and technological achievements the New Republic had seen it the last decade. Giant arms and cranes reached out over the 12 Slipways before him. No ships had been built here yet. The yard still had some minor finishing out to do then construction would begin.

Reshmar turned as he heard someone approaching. An aid walked up swiftly saluted and handed him a data pad. "Admiral We have word from Fleet Commander Scott. He told me to tell you all vessels of the Task force are repaired and await orders."

Reshmar took the Datapad and gave the Ensign a nod. "At ease Ensign."

The man relaxed and stood waiting for further orders. Reshmar look over the data and handed the pad back to the awaiting Ensign. "Inform Fleet Commander Scott I will be Inspecting the fleet at 1400 hours standard tomorrow. You are excused "

The Ensign nodded and saluted once again. Reshmar returned the salute and watched the Ensign turn and walk away.

Reshmar could not shake the thought of his people dying. He had to fight at times to control his anger. He knew it was in the senates hands now. only they could send forces back to Bestine. he was stuck until then waiting for the word to go.

Redic Scott
Jul 20th, 2004, 09:48:03 AM
Redic sat on the bridge of the Justice and looked out across its vast hull. He had never commanded a ship this big outside of simulator trials. Staring out into space, one couldn't help but look a little down and admire the beauty of the new Rejuvenator Star Destroyer. The sleek hull was dotted with weapons batteries and sensor emplacements. Sometimes one could even make out the shield projectors and can't help but feel safe aboard something so massive and so heavily defended.

Redic knew, however, that once the battle started, every enemy ship would be on them, they would try and take out the large destroyer first, meaning that tactics needed to be used to shield the ship and give out more destruction then one would recieve. Of course his tactics would probably be the same, take out the larger ships first and then more on to the smaller ones.

Looking to the port and starboard of the Justice, Redic could see the light boucing off and the freshly painted hulls of the brand new Republic MKII Star Destroyers. One was on either side of the Justic and just behind the larger ships bow. Looking harder, one could see the smaller shapes of the other ships in his task force as the formation of 21 ships moved away from Mon Calamari and toward their exit vector. Behind them they were leaving a beautiful world, and a massive shipyard facility that was pumping out war to replace losses and strengthen the fleets already in service.

Redic looked down and found out that he was rubbing his new insignia once again. He would have to stop that, but he was still happy and amazed that he had been promoted. After the inspection by Admiral Reshmar, Redic was promoted to full Line Captain. His handling of the fleet in the absence of Reshmar, had shown that he was able to lead and handle a fleet in battle. With this promotion came a whole new fleet. With the latest ships in the New Republics arsenal.

"Sir, coordinates ploted, all ships ready to depart." The XO called out.

Redic nodded and smiled, "Very well XO." He paused and looked around the bridge at the faces, young and old. They were ready to do their job. He had trained them well and had to rely on them. "Alright Commander, take us out."

The man nodded turned toward the crews, calling out orders. In seconds the ship lerched and entered the tunnel of Hyperspace.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:43:02 PM
Kieran sat quietly in the small meditation chamber built on the Skyrider when his XO strode in. The Jedi's eyes opened. "Yes, Commander?"

"Sir, a message from your task force. They are requesting orders."

Kieran looked irritated. "Again? This is the fourth time in two hours. Tell them to stop with this nonsense. I haven't even gotten MY orders yet. When we do, then tell them what we've got, but tell them to wait until then."

"Yes, sir." As the commander left, Kieran strode up to join him. "Patience, Commander. We'll get our orders. Even a ship like this isn't too small for the fleet commander to miss."

Redic Scott
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:48:23 AM
Redic looked out the view port of his new flagship, the M-I Defender Class Guided Missile Destroyer renamed Justice. Naval command had ordered him to leave his Rejuvenator at the Fondor docks for completion and to take this ship into battle instead. With regrate, Redic had to once again transfer the crew to this new ship and once again conduct full fleet excercises. Their target practice had gone well and the crew was adjusting to the ship in record time.

"Sir, Hammer Three Two Five just exited hyperspace and is reporting in."

"Roger that. Tell it where to land and inform the troops to start loading their equipment into the transport."

As he watched, the rounded transport descended toward fondor and toward the set up landing space. There it would be greeted by a force from the 3rd Corp.

"Jona, please contact Task Force Skyrider and tell them to meet us in the Fondor system."

The lady officer turned and started to relay the message.

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:55:59 PM
Striding onto the bridge, the Jedi looked at his XO. "Captain, we've received orders from the Justice," the XO reported. "They're ordering the task force to follow them to Fondor."

"Good. I told you you should be patient, Commander. Something will happen eventually." Kieran smiled. "Prepare the ship for hyperspace."

"Yes, sir."

Redic Scott
Aug 15th, 2004, 09:42:29 AM
Redic watched the massive Hammer transport lift off from the Fondor assembly area and move out into open space. Within moments the transport jumped out of the system toward another staging area. His fleet was forming around the flagship and engaging in excercises. At the edge of his zone were his fighter squadrons, moving as one to engage training drones and other targets. Other squadrons were fighting each other with low powered lasers and computer simulated torpedos.

The Justice Task Force was ready for battle, but a practice never hurt anyone. Redic was making sure everyone got a good mix of hard training and simulations with the right amount of sleep to keep his crews sharp. All that was left was the call to battle and the arrival of Skyrider Force.

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 19th, 2004, 10:25:07 AM
"Entering Fondor system, Captain."

"Bring us out of lightspeed."

The Skyrider and her accompanying ships came smoothly out of hyperspace as they approached the rendezvous point. "Get me Captain Scott. Inform him that Task Force Skyrider has arrived, and that its commander wishes to know if he has further orders."

Redic Scott
Aug 24th, 2004, 06:50:33 AM
Redic watched the Skyrider task force come out of hyperspace. His reinforcements would come in handy. He was already working out ways to use them to his adventage. As the new ships manuevered into position, Redic smiled when he recognized the hulls of his two previous gunships. They were fine craft and their crews were very experianced.

"Sir, recieving transmittion from the Skyrider. The Captain would like to know what his orders are."

Redic nodded and pushed a button on his chair, linking him with the comm system, "Captain Devaneaux, this is Line Captain Scott. I'm glad you could make it to fondor. For now I would like our ship to start training together. We all need to be good and ready before we get called on."

Jacob Evans
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:05:08 PM
*exiting Hyperspace in his X-Wing*

Unidentified vessel Identify yourself

"Acting Wing Commander Jacob Evans clearance Code: Alpha Zulu 6759 Beta"

Clearance Code Accepted. Dock in Bay 4 and report to the Bridge

"Confirmed Control"

*Docks and Reports to the Bridge in his flight suit he finds the C/O*

"Admiral? Acting Wing Commander Jacob Evans reproting as ordered and for duty."

Redic Scott
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:10:32 PM
Redic looked over the man as he stepped onto the bridge. This would be his ship's new wing leader. The man's file had been pretty impressive and Redic looked forward to seeing him in action. He was glad that HQ had sent someone of his caliber over to his ship. Redic hoped that the man would train his pilots well and take over from the leaving commander.

As the man approached and spoke, Redic frowned, "It's Line Captain, Commander. And where is your salute son? I run a relaxed ship, but you don't know me and I don't know you. Show respect for your superiors." Redic looks away and then back toward the man. "With that out of the way, welcome aboard the Justice. Your wing will be ready when you are and you may have your pick at your lead squardon. All my pilots are good and ready. Take care of them. Dinner is in the mess. Traing excercises are set for Thirteen hundred hours. Get some chow and rest. Dismissed."

Jacob Evans
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:26:18 PM
Hearing his C/O's Reprimand he salutes

"My appologies Sir. I presumed you were an Admrial by your position." he says as the salute is returned. "One other thing before I go sir... When am I due for my first Meeting?" he askes with genuine Couriosity

Redic Scott
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:56:00 PM
Redic looks at the man, "Don't let it happen again." With that he turns the salute and places his hand at the small of his back, watching the Wing Commander.

"Meetings will be called just before a mission is to take place. The next scheduled major training excerise is at 0600 the day after tomorrow. Get your squads ready commander. I want to see what they are capable off."

Jacob Evans
Aug 29th, 2004, 12:15:43 AM
Nodding he says "It won't sir"

Frowning he says "Two days... It will be done sir."

Saluting he turns away and starts to notice things he didn't before like how large the bridge was and the rank insignia he missed. Hyperspace messes me up after long periods of time. Heading for the Mess Hall he realizes he is still in his flight suit and decides to unpack. Heading for the Hanger he sees various Pilots and wonders who his Squadron Commanders are.

"Sir? Commander Evans?" Sighing he turns to acknowledge the voice and sees a Squad Commander "Yes?" he says somewhat irritably. "I'm Squadron Commander Melissa Cantrell, Leader of Blue Moon Squadron. I heard you were on-board and I wanted to meet you." She says rapidly. "Well we can talk later at the Interviews I have yet to unpack" he responds. "Yes Sir" She says as she Salutes which is returned by a Nod.

Continuing to the Hanger he gets his belongings and heads for his room with his R2 unit "Beeper" in tow he arrives at his Office/Quarters and he gets unpacked. "Beeper can you order some chow brought up?" Beep whistle hoot "Thanks."

*food Arives*

"Thank you." He closes the door This food smells great. He eats and goes to sleep after telling beeper to arrange meetings for the next day.

(OOC: Magic Fast forward button)

Beep Beep Beep "Ok Ok I'm up..." he gets out of bed and takes a shower.

Coming out of the bathroom in his Vest long sleeve shirt and slacks he fixes he rank insignia to his vests left breast and walks out to his office and starts to interview process.

(OOC: Another FF moment)

After he interviews them all he calls them into his office and announces the Setup. "Ok as you know I'm different. Thats not going to change. i have a slightly Different chain of command Here is how it goes:

1st Group: Headed By: Me and Deluxe Squad
Others: Westwood Squad; Stargate Squad

2nd Group: Headed by: Squad Commander Melissa Cantrell of Blue Moon Squad
Others: Red Sun Squad; Rebel Squad

"If you have a Problem tell your Group Leader they will tell me. You are Dismissed until 0600 tomorrow for training"

(OOC: Magc FF Button)

With everyone ready to launch he Radios the bridge "Captain Foxtrot Wing is Ready for launch."

Jacob Evans
Aug 29th, 2004, 01:18:55 PM
Control to Foxtrot Leader you are clear for Launch

"Confirmed Control" Switching over to the Wings Tactical Frequency. "Foxtrot wing Confirm Sim Weapons and Lower power Lasers report to Squad Leaders." the confirmations roll in. acctivating he Comm Unit "Foxtrot Wing is Go for launch. Launch by Groups" saying this he kicks in his repulsor lifts and throttles forward through the MAGCON field and out into space. When clear of the Ship he kicks in the thrusters and shoots out and comes about to face the ship as he watches the other group launch and wonders if this is what his C/O was doing when he was just a normal pilot.

"Foxtrot, We will run through a few Scenarios today here is the First Line up:

1st Scenario: Blue Moon Vs. Red Sun; Roles: Red Sun will be attacking the Justice, Blue Moon you will defend.

2nd Scenario: Deluxe Vs. Rebel; Roles: Deluxe will attack, Rebel will defend.

3rd Scenario: Stargate Vs. Westwood; Stargate will attack Westwood will defend."

Catching his breath he thinks about how he should run the Training

"I will act as Control During the Scenarios unless i am in it then Commander Cantrell will act as Control.

"Victory is claimed by "Destroying" all of your Opponents. Blue Moon Head for the hanger but be ready to come out when i say so. Red Sun head for that moon and Get your plan together and Tell me when you are ready."

He stations himself and feels a bit nervous What if Captain Scott doesn't approve of my methods... I was lucky to get stationed with him... What if he sends me away because he doesn't like how i run things... He probably wont like how im using the Justice as an objective...

Red Sun Leader to Deluxe Leader: We are ready

"Confirmined, Begin your approach... i will hail you on your way in... Act as if you were actually a hostile"

Confirmined

"Approaching Craft identify yourself"

We are here to put an end to your actions

"Break off or we will launch."

Do what you want.

"Blue Moon Sqadron We have 12 Hostiles inbound in X-Wings intercept and defend the Justice Launch."

Confirmed Blue Moons Launching

(OOC: Cue the Awsome kick-<smallfont color=#9DE0F9>-Censored-</smallfont> cinimatic {i wish})

Blue Moons S-Foils to attack positions

The Red Suns open fire and take out one of the Moons right away and the Moons counter right away by launching a cordinated Torpedo Launch that takes out 3 of the Suns.

The Suns Break into trios and manage to take out 2 more Moons and the Moons take out 1 Sun in return. The Suns use a coordinated pincer attack and take out 4 more Moons. Moons launch another torpedo Barrage that take out 4 Suns.

Guns from the Justice lash out and take out 2 more Suns and the remaining Moons take out the last 2 suns.

"Scenario Over. Foxtrot leader to Bridge any feed back?" he says as he thinks Here it comes

KEY:
Blue text = Friendlies
Red Text = Un-Friendlies

Demon-Kieran
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:09:46 PM
((EEEEEP!!!!!! Dammit, I used the wrong character name. This is my Imperial C! Ack!))

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 29th, 2004, 07:11:29 PM
((Reposts with the right C))

"Captain, Line Captain Scott says we are to train with his ship, in order to be ready when we're called to the front lines."

"Acknowledge that. It would appear that the fighter commander is doing some training; deploy all five squadrons and inform them they are to train for battle conditions."

"What of us, sir?"

"We will wait, then when the Justice starts up, so will we."

Redic Scott
Aug 30th, 2004, 06:35:00 PM
The computers aboard the Justice followed the whole fight and were caluculating the best possible manuevers and faults with the excercises. This information went straight to Captain Scott's command chair and he was forced to read what happened again. Inside he felt sickened at what had just happened. The defending squad was more than half wiped out and in combate, they would be facing larger enemies. Turning off the monitor Redic lifted the comm and took a deep breathe.

"Foxtrot, this is Justice, what the heck happened other there. You got the job done, but you killed over half your squadron. Next time split into flights of 3 and attack from all sides, do not, repeat do not bunch up and make yourselves targets. Fly close and overlap shields. Use your defensive positions to their fullest. Also trust Justice gunners for help, try and get fighting within out fire and we'll help out. Try it again with the next squadrons. Justice out."

Redic went back to watching the screen again, hoping this time it would be better.

Jacob Evans
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:26:55 PM
"Foxtrot to Control we are being hailed by the Squadrons of the Skyrider, Should we continue as Planned or work out a inter-Ship training method?"

Foxtrot, Contact Skyrider Leader and work out a Training Plan.

unsure of what to do he tries to think of who runs the Skyrider Fighter Squads but draws a blank. "Beeper do you have data on Skyrider lead?" low whistle "I was afraid of that"

Switching on his comm-unit

"Confirmed Control. Foxtrot Leader to Foxtrot wing, Form up by Squads and run basic Manuvers" Switching Comm-Channels to an Open band "Foxtrot Leader to Skyrider Starfighter leader, Are you running Sims? If so wana have some fun?"

Kieran Devaneaux
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:39:32 PM
"Sure, Foxtrot Leader," came the voice of the flight commander. "Rumor has it we're getting sent out without the rest of the task force or somethin', so we're the ship's only line of defense. We could use some trainin'."

On the bridge of the Skyrider, Kieran was listening to everything, and he frowned at the mention of being deployed without the task force. He glanced at his XO. "What rumors?"

"Beats me, Captain. You know these fighter jocks; they hear everything."

Kieran nodded. "Perhaps...in the meantime, let's carry on."

Jacob Evans
Aug 30th, 2004, 07:54:59 PM
"Well then i guess we get to have some fun... By the Way can you give me some names of Squads so we can set up some runs and when we get out of here I'd like to meet up with you so we can talk tactics and the like with the captain's permission of course." Deployed with out the Taskforce? How could that be authorized? Changeing comm-channels he switches to the Foxtrot Frequency "Foxtrot we are going to be running some Training Runs with the Skyrider Squadrons, Try not to mess up like in that last run and keep in mind what the Captain Said." Switching the Comm unit back to the Open Band he waits for the others reply.

"Beeper Do you think its Possible for a ship to be Deplyed like that? with out the rest of the Task Force I mean?" Beep whistle whoot beep "Maybe but how likely is that?" Beep whistle "Yeah..."

Jacen Parami
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:04:52 PM
((OOC: Looks like you guys are having a party...can I join in?))

"You have got to be kidding me!"

"That is what I have heard," Commander Key'va purred, somehow managing to stand smartly at attention, yet still look comfortable.

Captain Parami sighed. "I hope you heard wrong, Commander."

The news troubled Jacen. They had yet to reach Fondor, but the new ship that had joined their group - the Bifrost - brought with it some troubling rumours. Her Commander, Annex Vallen, had only just left Fondor herself. She'd been one of the lucky survivors from the first Bestine battle - the Bifrost, a Sacheen, was her new ship. As well as a rather curious new crew, she brought with her rumours of the NR battle plans. The Bifrost, as well as the Majestic-class Midgard were destined to remain at Fondor, while the rest of Halo Force was deployed.

I don't like this, the Captain thought with a sigh. I don't like it one little bit.

"We're coming up on Fondor," a navigator called, dragging Jacen's attention back to the here and now.

He sighed, and rose from his seat. "Alright...lets get some answers. As soon as we revert, hail whoever is in charge. Request an audience on my behalf..." His voice trailed off, and he turned, shooting a slight nod at his XO. "I'll be in my ready room."

Kyle Raiden
Aug 30th, 2004, 10:44:44 PM
(( OOC: Sorry to post again...I was gonna put this somewhere else, but thought here would be more appropriate. ))

So, it has come to this. Kyle sighed, regarding himself in the mirror. His New Republic uniform looked out of place. It seemed wrong, somehow, to be wearing a Rebel uniform. However, times had changed. Kyle worked with the Republic now. Grabbing a pair of black gloves, and pulling them on, he stepped out the door.

"Good morning, Major," a passing crewman called. This brought a smile to Kyle's face. He'd always liked the rank 'Major', especially when combined with 'Raiden'. He just liked the sound. Now he was Major Raiden. The situation could have been worse.

It wasn't far to the bridge...nothing in the Bifrost's 375 meters was, really. A nice, gentle walk...enough to make you realise you'd walked somewhere, but not so far that it caused discomfort. Adopting his usual expression of mild enthusiastic amusement, he stepped up to his Captain, and cleared his throat.

"Ah, Major. Nice of you to join us." Kyle had already completed a fairly complex mental assessment of his superior. She, Annex Vallen, was a rather striking individual, with a keen intelect, a sharp wit, and looks that, in Kyle's experience at least, were bettered by only a select few...his former fiancee being one of them. However, being the strict professional that he was, any inappropriate thoughts had been catalogued, filed, and then had a rather large 'NO' stamped across them. Now, he could sit back and observe how awkwardly the Junior Officers acted around her...their nervousness was rather amusing.

His attention returning to the present, Kyle reinforced his smile. "My appologies, Commander. I was reading through some more reports on the Bestine encounter."

Commander Vallen let out a sigh, and cast a weary glance at her XO. "You do that far too often, Major."

"I used to work in Intelligence." Kyle relaxed his shoulders into a barely visible shrug. "Reading such files is what I do..." he paused, smiling a little. "I actually find it rather engaging."

"You need to find a hobby, Major," she replied, returning his smile. "Or a girlfriend."

"Is that an invitation, Captain?" Kyle asked, following the joke pattern they'd been through so many times before.

Annex chuckled, turning back towards the screen. "You wish."

"How long until Fondor?"

"Twelve minutes to realspace," a distant navigator called, before Annex could answer. Kyle smiled.

"Standard reversion proceedure, Major," she said, an air of formality flooding her voice. "One flight ready for immediate launch, the other two on stand-by." She paused for a moment, considering. "We shouldn't need them, but by the book is..."

"...by the book," Kyle concluded. "Understood Captain." Then, throwing her a salute, he turned back towards the corridor, and headed for the Hangar Bay, and his X-Wing.

Malcolm Trippen
Aug 30th, 2004, 11:22:14 PM
((OOC: Ok, so I can't sleep. Last one, promise. Just wanna complete the trio. :) ))

What does a Starfighter pilot do when he's not shooting stuff? If there was one question Malcolm had been asked more than any other during his retirement, it was that. For some reason, as soon as his former career as a New Republic pilot crept up, everyone wanted to know. What was it like in the pilot's lounge? Were there exotic dancers? Did you get a jacuzzi? It was all Skywalker's fault. He'd made being a pilot look easy. If he could be a pilot, defeat Darth Vader, help blow up two Death Stars, AND still have time to establish a new Jedi Order...since Skywalker, every kid from a backwater planet wanted to be a pilot. Everyone thought it would be easy. If it is... Trip let out a sigh. Why do rookies keep getting shot down all the time?

He paced along his new fighter, an A2. They'd been at Fondor nearly a day now, and already, their craft were aboard. Technicians were crawling all over them, drawing on years of A-Wing experience to squeeze every last bit of performance out of the A2s. Trip winced as his eyes passed over Angel Squadron's fighters. They looked rather forlorn, their Ion Cannons ripped out, to make space for a pair of Proton Torpedo launchers. It had been one of the things Trip had noticed during their last battle...the absense of missiles. Both Archangel and Angel Squadrons were supposed to have gotten A2s. Twenty-four fighters, and no missiles? That seemed like a bad idea. So, at the expense of some speed, and some manoeuvrability, half of Halo Force's A2s were getting Proton Torpedoes. With Seraph and Saint Squadrons too...that should make enough missiles to make up for Archangel's lack.

His fingers traced the outline of a TIE Defender, freshly painted on his hull. He counted up how many times he'd made it to ace, and wondered how many rookies could have made ace if he'd been the one shot down, not them. He sighed, and pushed off against the ship, curving his course towards the center of the bay.

"Its strangely perverse, isn't it?"

Trip turned, and spotted the head and shoulders of his Squadron Leader, floating over the hull of his A2. "Sorry Commander...I didn't see you there."

Yurvin Delso smiled. "I didn't expect you to." He nodded to the half-gutted A2s in the distance. "Strange, isn't it? How we're feeling pain on their behalf. Their just fighters. They're not even ours...not really. We haven't broken them in yet."

"These things can save our lives. There predecessors did. We replicate the connection...feel for these as we felt for the others...we're bonding. We are their pilot. There are our ship. Together, we are a team." Malcolm shrugged. "As long as none of us start reading them bed-time stories or anything, then affection towards these fighters is as justifiable as for a droid...perhaps even more so. These fighters have just as much personality as a droid. They can be just as infuriating, just as excentric, just as tempremental. But, at the end of the day, when we need them, they'll come through for us." Trip sighed. "We respect them. No one likes to see those they respect treated poorly."

"Either you're some kind of imposter, posing as the real Trip, or," Yurvin grinned. "I think you're getting wise in you're old age."

"And I think you're loosing your marbles." Trip chuckled. "Sir," he added, as an afterthought.

Yurvin shot one more mournful look into the distance, and sighed. "Things are going to be pretty hectic when we deploy. I suggest you...we...do as much relaxing as you can."

"Is that an order, sir?"

A twinkle appeared in the Commander's eyes. "You bet your flight-leading backside it is."

Trip saluted smartly. "Understood, sir. Relax...that's an order."

Yurvin tried to glare at Trip, but failed, and chuckled. "Go...have fun...flirt with Kitty...do whatever it is you young things do. I've got paperwork to avoid."

Malcolm nodded, understanding. "I'll see you in Briefing, sir."

"Trip?" Yurvin called as the Lieutenant turned and walked away.

"Yeah?"

"You got rid of the beard." Malcolm nodded. "It looks good. Makes you look like a totally different person."

"Um...thanks. I think." He frowned. "Did you just insult me?"

Yurvin grinned. "You'll never know."

Redic Scott
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:49:37 AM
Redic watched the screen as sensors around the Fondor system reported ships closing in through hyperspace. Everyone was ready and waiting by the time Halo Force emerged from their hyperspace tunnel. As the captain watched the ships appear, the screen in front of him instantly started showing IFF codes from all the vessals and giving him their names, commands, types, and assets. Redic was glad to have such a computer system, it made everything much easier.

"Getting friendly IFF signals." The sensor officer on the bridghe called out. "Halo Force emerging from hyperspace and forming up."

As he said this, the comm tech spoke up, "Sir, recieving transmition from the Ashgard. Captain Parami would like to meet with you."

Redic nodded to message and the man replied back to the Ashgard. "Ashgard, this is the Justice. Line Captain Scott will be awaiting Captain Parami. Welcome to Fondor boys and girls, enjoy your stay."

At that Redic couldn't help but smile. He sat down and though for a moment before picking up the comm and keying in the Halo force frequency. "Halo Force, this is Captain Scott. I would like to invite all over your superior officers to dinner tonight. We should get to know each other so that we may work closer together. Please come to the Justice at eighteen hundred hours. I will be waiting to meet with you."

With that done he keyed in Skyrider and ivited their Captain to the dinner as well.

Jacen Parami
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:59:58 PM
(( Joint post by me and...um...myself... ))

Jacen sighed. "This Captain Scott guy must really hate me," he muttered, tugging at the collar of his dress uniform. He shuffled uncomfortably, and tugged at the sleeves. "They never fit properly."

Major Raiden chuckled, looking annoyingly comfortable in his uniform. But then, the second-in-command of both the Bifrost and Halo's Starfighter Forces, not to mention Squadron Leader of Dark Angel, and self-proclaimed Intelligence Officer of the Task Force...Jacen sighed. The guy never looked uncomfortable.

"I am hoping the food is good," muttered Yddrasil. The Quarren Captain of the Midgard hadn't quite mastered Basic grammar, but he always got his meaning across. The tendrils around his mouth twitched.

"One would hope," agreed Kell Farden, Commander of the Ask. "I'm sure that with the resources at his disposal, he's able to find a chef to cook up something edible."

"I hate rashion packs," Allendra Si'an of the Embla added, simply.

Yurvin Delso nodded towards the door as they all felt the lift begin to slow. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends..."

Jacen heaved yet another sigh. "Once more."

Commander Delso took the helm of the shuttle...Major Raiden took navigation. As the only two pilots among their group, it made sense. The three Commanders situated themselves in the back, arguing with each other over who's ship was better...the two Rangers, or the Sacheen. Yddrasil watched with what Jacen assumed was vague amusement. Captain Parami on the other hand, floated around awkwardly in the cockpit.

The term for how Jacen felt as the shuttle left the Asgard's bay was "wowed". He'd seen figures, read reports. He'd imagined the magnitude of the New Republic fleet. But actually seeing it...impressive was an understatement.

"Wow," Commander Delso said softly, echoing Jacen's opinion. "That's a lot of ships." He turned to Raiden and grinned. "I'm sure you could probably tell us exactly how many, huh?"

The Intelligence specialist nodded. "I could indeed."

A smile tugged at Jacen's lips, as he relaxed back into his chair. "Looks like the NR plans on giving the Empire hell." The smile grew. "I guess that could be fun."

The shuttle swooped round, dropping into line with what seemed like the epicenter of the NR Fleet. There, shining out against the blackness of space, floated a Defender M-I, support craft swarming around it. Jacen sighed, and felt suddenly small, his Task Force's importance put drastically in perspective. With ships like that, no wonder we're getting escort duties...

"The Justice has cleared us to land, Captain," Major Raiden called over his shoulder.

"Take us in," Jacen replied for a nod. As the mouth of the Justice's hangar bay prepared to swallow them, his voice dropped a few tones, and slipped into an accent from some cold, barren outer-rim world. "Guess who's coming to dinner..."

Jacob Evans
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:39:10 PM
OOC:

Huricane Frances is now at a CAT 4 stage but i expect it to hit CAT 5 before saturday when it makes land fall with florida...

Why am i tellin you this? Because it is supposed to land right where i live...

Lord Help us all...

Im trying to stay optimistice but this could end my affliation with this site for a week or... Forever...

Lord Help us all...

~Andrew D. Evans

Redic Scott
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:43:37 PM
Redic stood on the hanger bay floor and waited for the shuttle to arrive. He was dressed in his dress uniform and stood with his hands behind his back. Techs rushed around him to attend to their business. They had cleared away a section of the hanger to accomidate the shuttle that was on its way.

As redic watched, the shuttle grew in size until it was right outside the ship. The only thing seperating them was the thin Magnetic shield that kept the atmosphere inside the ship and the coldness and emptiness of space outside. Within moment the shuttle slowly crossed the barrier and as it touched down Redic walked toward it, watching the ramp lower.

Jacen Parami
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:15:47 PM
"Welcome to the Justice, campers," Jacen called over his shoulder, leading the way to the ramp. He felt awkward, the tight-fitting dress uniform restricting his movement. He peered down his body and sighed a little. At least it's slimming...

The bay was cold, as it always was. The mag-shield kept the air in, but not the heat. Space acted like a big heat-magnet, and stole all of it from Jacen within seconds. He resisted a shiver, and fought the childish grin creeping onto his face as his breath condensed in front of him.

Amidst the chaos of the bay, a dress uniform-clad figure stood waiting. Jacen made a p-line towards him (refusing to make a b- anything, since there was no b in his name), his staff following behind him. He stopped smartly and, recognising the Line Captain markings on the man's uniform, threw the officer a salute. "Captain Jacen Parami of the Asgard, sir...and these are my men." He paused, before adding "And women", after a slight scowl from Commander Vallen. "Its an honour, sir."

Redic Scott
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:31:29 PM
Redic watched them all descent and smiled as Jacen headed over. He looked over each and every member that came to dine tonight and recognized them all from the files he had reviewed before hand. Redic smiled at the salute and returned it. He could tell that the captain wasn't comfortable in his uniform and smiled.

"I am Captain Redic Scott. I would like to welcome you aboard the Justice. The ship that will lead the assault on bestine. I'm looking forward to hitting back, like I'm sure all of you are." Redic looked over at Commander Vallen and smiled, "I'm sure you're looking forward to it more than anyone else in your whole group."

He knew she was with them at Bestine when it fell. They were all hoping to go back soon and take the planet back, but this mission wasn't about that. It was about showing the Imperials that they didn't yet control the planet. All these men and women would soon be going to bestine, but how many would be comming back.

Forcing the thought out of his mind Redic looked at Jacen, "I want to make it clear that this dinner will be informal, you can undo the top of that uniform if you don't feel comfortable. This is just to get to know each other better."

He turned and pointed toward the blast door, "PLease, follow me."

Jacen Parami
Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:46:00 PM
"I'd look forward to it if I were going," Annex muttered, falling into step behind the others.

Jacen paused, and waited for her to catch up. Droping his voice to a low whisper, he placed a hand gently on her shoulder. "We'll hit them for you...don't worry."

She nodded. "Thank you, Captain."

Jacen held up a finger. "Informal."

Another nod, and a slight smile. "Alright."

Jacen quickened his pace, to catch up with LCapt Scott. "Fine ship you've got here," he observed, wondering what to say. "Makes my Bothan look a little on the small side."

Redic Scott
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:44:30 PM
Redic heard her comment and filed it. As he walked, he called back to Annex, "Commander Vallen, maybe we can change that if you really want to go. I might be able to make something happen for you."

He took them into a turbo lift and keyed in where they needed to go. He looked at Jacen beside him and smiled, "Yes, she's a fine ship. The first of her class. Your Bothan is a very effective ship as well. They are very power for their size and are only a little smaller than this ship."

The lift stopped and the doors opened quickly into a large briefing room with food set up on a long table. "Ah, we are hear. Please take your seats. Let us dine."

Reshmar
Sep 3rd, 2004, 02:01:08 AM
Reshmar’s shuttle moved slowly towards the massive Shipyard. Before him forty Kilometers of durasteal lay spread out like a city with Slip way after slipway. Towards the far center a massive structure had been constructed around a group of the four inner most Slipways. Here the Newest Weapon of the Republic would be forged. Last time Reshmar had visited Cal 12 was to inspect the Massive 8 kilometer by 4 kilometer Structure where the new ships would be built.
He had been busy working with Republic inelegance on the plans for the Next battle of Bestine and had been away from Calamari for 3 weeks now. With the Bestine battle plan accepted, and the command being in General Forlon's hands he had time to visit Cal 12 for an Inspection.
The massive structure loomed before him like a massive beats made of meter and wire frame. All around massive hoists moved chunks of metal and supplies into the docking ports and unloaded the constant stream of Transports coming and going from Cal 12. All together 42,000 Workers labored around the clock building the first two Republics Command vessels.
Reshmar sat as his shuttle slowly moved into the Hanger and gently sat down. One of his aids stood and walked to the Hatchway. Before he exited he looked back to Reshmar and nodded. Reshmar was not in any danger but Republic High Command had concerns about rumored attempts on his life and on the facility building the 2 Mediator Cruisers. His aid was just fallowing orders from the chief of state. Orders Reshmar could not over ride.
Reshmar stepped onto the Floor of the hanger. All around him were Worker droids and manned Repulsor lifts moving and unloading equipment. HE had never seen anything like it. The massive amount of people on this program alarmed him but with the security provided he knew nothing would go wrong. A short Calamari Male walked to him. The Lead Forman smiled and waved a flippered hand at Reshmar motioning for him to join him at the lifts. Reshmar knew the Forman. He had been the lead foreman on the Mon Orishma Build and Reshmar had requested him personally to work on the Mediator Project.
Reshmar walked to the Lift and nodded to Torsba. The volume of the equipment was deafening and he had to wait for the Lift to seal and the noise to be blocked before he could hear anything Torsba said to him. As the door slide shut it was all clear and silent except for Torsba voice.

"SO Admiral you have come to see your new toy. We are a full week ahead of schedule and should have construction complete by the end of next month."

Reshmar nodded and smiled at the Forman while he continued to go on about any and everything which had happened or was planned for the facility. Reshmar was interested but he was not here to go over the stations progress reports or grade the facility on performance. He was here to see the Mediator. It was plan and simple. All he was interested in was his Command Ship.
As the Lift mover down into the Construction bay Reshmar was astound to see the progress the Facility had made. Before him, 2 giant Beasts, the Mediator and her sister sat. Hulls almost complete and stretching across the full width of the yards below. From behind He heard Torsba talking about preparations to begin building the reactor cores and finishing out the interior next before installing the systems. Reshmar blocked it from his mind and looked upon the beasts below. A noise from behind him bolted him from his deep concentration as the lift stopped and the doors slid open.

“Here we are Admiral the observation Deck."

Torsba waited for Reshmar to exit the lift then feel in beside him as they walked towards the observation platform.

"So Torsba has there been any difficulties with the modular compartment lay out?"

Reshmar ask as Calamari walked the corridors of Cal 12.

"Oh no Admiral the modular interior braces fit in well and the blast walls went up last week. This ship is by far the toughest I have built."

Reshmar smiled. The New Mediators were the apex of calamari design. Built as a battle cruiser nut with the command ship role in mind the Mediators could take insane amounts of punishment before the damage became critical to the ship. Reshmar stopped as the hall opened up into a giant observation platform.

"Have you heard from SEAL on the new Shielding system?"
Torsba walked up beside Reshmar and replied.

"Yes Admiral. They will be delivering the power generators the week after next and the projectors should be in middle of next month. They will be the last system to go in. the complexity of them requires all of the systems to be operative so we can wire in the redundancy circuits."

Reshmar Nodded.

"Very Well Torsba. Your crew is doing excellent work. I think I will just stand here awhile and watch. I will meet you in your office in an hour. Thank you for the tour."

Torsba nodded and smiled as he left Reshmar standing on the observation deck. HE Knew the admiral was pleased with the progress he needed no more proof but the look in his eyes as he first saw the giant cruiser. Reshmar looked out onto the two massive ships and watched as welds were made and hull plating was put into place. The massive giants would soon be ready and his new flagship would be the most advanced vessel in the fleet. This tool would allow him to take the fight to the Sovereignty. And to fight them and beat them for all the lives he had lost at Bestine.

Redic Scott
Sep 15th, 2004, 08:05:57 PM
In a second, real space split and formed together again. In that time period the Justice Task Force along with Skyrider group dropped out of hyperspace and slowed down. The ships slowed and floated in space. They were using only passive sensors and had all lights off. This was their secret staging area only a few short jumps from Bestine and they didnt want anyone finding them, although it would be a miracle if a ship just happened to be in this empty region of space.

As the fleet floated, ready for battle and to be called on at any notice, Redic stood at the bridge of the lead ship. Looking out from the bridge, Redic looked over the span of the Rejuvenator, as the massive hull stretched out in from of him. To the starboard and port were other ships in his group. This was the part he hated, the waiting part. He knew they were ready, but he had to wait for orders.

Redic turned around and walked back toward the command seat. Looking at the crew on the sides of him. Everyone was busy worked and he proud of them. He just hopped they were ready to witness war first hand.

Redic Scott
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:44:01 PM
"Keep her steady Tango Four. Close in slowly." Came in the clear voice of Tango Leader. The sound perferated around the command bridge of the Justice, mixing with the sounds from other training missions going on around the fleet group. For the past week the Task Force had been training hard and they had gotten everything down to where its all automatic. However some of the newer pilots were taking a bit longer to teach.

"That's too far Tango Four, pull up, pull up!!" There was a pause.
"Alrighty, enough for today. Flight Control...this Tango Lead with one. We're coming in."

"Roger that Tango Lead. Your cleared for landing, bring her home."

The mic clicked twice, meaning that the order was recieved and acknowledged. On the massive sensor holo, the two fighters closed onto the Justice.

Line Captain Redic Scott sat in his command seat, looking down into a data pad. He was doing something had become routine, looking over fleet reports from every officer in the fleet. Everyday new reports were submitted and everyday they were read. Redic sighed and paused, looking out into the vastness of space. They had been here for weeks and nothing happened.

What are those Senators doing? If we don't attack soon, we have no hope of succeeding. They Imperials know we'll come and are already fortifying heavily.

In his hands was the latest NRI report, showing pictures and sensor imagines/reading of Bespin and the Imperial fleet around it. The ferret recon drones were doing their jobs wonderfully and because of them, the positions of every imperial ship had been mapped out. Everytime they repositioned, plans were updated. To make things worse, the Imperials had brought in two massive Centurion Class Destroyers and a huge repair station.

What the NR fleet had, was surprise. The surprise would come in more than one way though. In addition to attacking when they liked, Captain Scott's Task Force also had ships that the Imperials had never seen before. Redic knew the Rejuvinator would be a big surprised to the Imperials once it emerged into Bespin Space.

As soon as Redic looked back down to finish the report, a red light on the bridge started flashing.

"Sir!! Incoming Message from Fleet Command."

"Relay it to my datapad."

The screen changed and the symbols started to decode until it was filled with letters and the message was complete. As Redic read it, relief washed over him. Finally a resolve was taken.

He lifted the comm stood up. "Attention, everyone Attention. This is Captain Scott to all personel. I know you are all sick and tired of just sitting here and waited to called on, but that time as just come. Fleet Command has informed me that our operation is now underway. All personel return to your ship and prepare for hyperspace. We'll be emerging into a combat zone so stay sharp. Its time for us to show the Imperials what happens when you take something that isn't yours. They have attacked our territory and have taken our land. It is time for us to hit them back. God speed and May the force be with us."

As soon the comm was put down, every officer started racing to do their tasks. Fighters were called in, ships were directed into formation, ammunition was taken from storage. and all system were checked and rechecked. Within the hour all of Task Force Justice was ready for war. The final count down was initiated and as Redic stood at the front of the bridge, looking out, the task force jumped into hyperspace.