PDA

View Full Version : What Lies Beneath Recopia (open)

Hurukan
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:39:03 AM
The people for Mallif Cove had, for as long as anyone could remember, been regarded as mad. Haranguing religious fanatics all, the people of the island spent the majority of their time pondering the infinite complexities of the universe. In times past, tourists had found the enclave quaint, and had visited the monasteries and parishes to catch a glimpse of the nomadic monks within. As time had passed, however, the novelty of the situation had worn off. Instead of instilling a feeling of nostalgia, the monks of Mallif Cove were an irritation. There constant bombardment of any frequency they could access with religious nonsense and propaganda, and tendency to talk the ear off anyone who they could grab hold off, had worn thin the patience of the mainland citizens.

What people did not realize was that the island had so much more to offer. At least, to someone who was well informed. The Cove itself was steeped in history and if you looked closely, and deep enough, there were many treasures waiting to be uncovered. Treasures, of course, in the form of priceless artefacts. The monks had many of these, locked away in caverns. The real prize was further beneath the ground, however. Deep down beneath the cloisters, through winding tunnels, beyond great stone doors, there was an invaluable treasure.

Six identical stasis pods. Each still active. Each holding a body. Sooner or later, someone would stumble upon them, purposefully or accidentally, and uncover what lay beneath Recopia – what was left of the ancient cult of the Seyugi.

Adraudia Basillie
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:45:48 PM
With cautious steps, Adraudia stepped down the ramp of her Sister's ship. Far from home she was from the familiarity of Dathomir, commanded by the will of Vicet's chosen, Sorsha. Humbled she was in her presence and honored to have direct contact with the Witch.

Xumire, a Dathomir Witch and Priestess of Vicet, spoke of how Sorsha had converted several of the Night Sisters to the true will of the galaxy. A story that even Adraudia didn't know in its entirety at the time Xumire had sought her out. Trusting in her old teacher, she easily fell helpless as a tendril of Vicet, a centipede if you will, burrowed through her ear and into her brain, converting Adraudia into the visage she was today. A loyal minion of the Dragon Goddess.

She pressed her palm against the underbelly of the ship for support and craned her neck around to look upon the island fully.

Not a single cloud was there to help shield Adraudia's eyes from the midday sun. It caused her to wince from their sensitivity. Everything was so vibrantly lush and green, unlike the sulfuric wasteland of an ocean that they had here that caused a most putrid aroma to fill her nostrils. The island itself had risen above the low noxious clouds but the smell could not be escaped. She felt the need to gag.

There was no attempt to cover her nose from the horrible scent. With a thought, her sense of smell began to decrease to the point where only her eyes watered. "I hate this place. It makes my head hurt."

Milivikal k'Vik
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:24:08 PM
Milivikal clung to the landing strut, emptying her stomach out. She had taken a canteen in case the walk was too long. She took a sip of water and spat it back out, washing the taste of bile away.

"Its the sulfur. Toxic, but not immediately deadly." She said with a nod, agreeing with the Dathomir Witch.

"Lets be done with this quickly." Over the journey, Adra had been quiet, but Mili hadn't been very talkative either. Mostly, they went over where to look.

She looked up, into the mists, spying a structure of some sort.

"Might want to ask the natives, but discreetly." Mili doubted it would work. If the religious propaganda gibberish was any indication, the populace wouldn't be very helpful.

Nonetheless, she started off twoard the structure.

Adraudia Basillie
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:43:32 PM
Adraudia nodded and followed suit. She wanted off this planet as soon as possible too. "The monks will be of no help. They will try and convert us to their ways. But, if you insist Chosen One."

She glanced backwards towards the ship and then steadied her gaze upon Milivikal. The woman was already quite pale to begin with, but she could swear the Siren had turned even more sickly in color since coming here. "Are you damaged? You do not look well.". As with Sorsha, Milivikal had been blessed to serve the Dragon Goddess and the thought of having her ill in anyway did not please her.

Milivikal k'Vik
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:22:34 PM
Emptying her stomach had helped with the nausea. Keeping the bile down was easier than breakfast.
"Not damaged" she waved a hand around "just the air being at odds with my first meal."

Adraudia and Milivikal looked completely out of place as they walked into the main plaza, an area surrounded with places of worship. In the middle, an unsual and complicated metal representation of the galaxy.

Monks and nuns in various darkly colored robes shuffled between the structures, which were anywhere from the size of a house to the size of a proper monument.

The pair surveyed the whole arangement from the steps of the largest temple. Milivikal crossed her arms. With a mental flick, the sound from the outside world dissapeared into an unnatural silence.

"I don't think there is anything on the surface." In thought, she rubbed a finger across her lips.

"I suspect that these monks have many of the treasures we seek." k'Vik said with a sigh.

Adraudia Basillie
May 1st, 2004, 02:53:43 PM
Adraudia became fascinated by the metal structure. She did not understand its purpose like Milivikal and thought it a sculpture that the monks had created. Unfortunately the Siren wasn't stopping and the Witch's attention returned to more important matters.

She scanned the area and came to the same conclusions that her Sister had voiced. It would mean having to deal with the monks directly who have been avoiding them since they arrived, thinking them for tourists. But now, "They will not give up such locations easily. Some will not even have the information we require." Milivikal wanted to do this discreetly, so Adraudia would have to keep her anger in check. For now...

Milivikal k'Vik
May 2nd, 2004, 05:29:36 PM
"You might be surprised how much you can get by just AaaaAasssssKKkkkkiiiinNnnnggg." Milivikal grinned. Many could be lead astray easily by the Siren's call. If not, she was adept in other methods of persuasion.

“Pick a monk.”

Adraudia Basillie
May 2nd, 2004, 05:57:14 PM
Adraudia did not understand, but understanding was not required, only obedience. She drew her attention away from the Siren to gaze upon the monks in the general vicinity. Some were alone, others talking in small groups, but the Witch got the sense that none of them were doing anything in particular.

Then she spied a lone monk that was muttering to himself. He seemed to be in a hurry. A slender arm extended and pointed him out,"That one."

Milivikal k'Vik
May 2nd, 2004, 08:58:13 PM
Mili grinned the same way a tropical Ejikar lizard with prey below it's branch would. She was all shiny white teeth and inevitable doom.

"Excellent choice."

Milivkal was clad in a black and red patterend top with bare shoulders, and tight brown slacks.
http://panicked.org/swf/mili/v/pattern_suit.jpg
The woman stood out even more than her companion. A loose black jacket hid her lightsaber, and her daggers were snug in her boots.

They strode quickly to the monk Adraudia picked.

"Excuse me? Brother, perhaps you can help us." Her voice was sweet, innocent and naive.

The monk huffed. "Well, I am rather busy."

"Oh, I'm sorry to have troubled you, but I've been trying to inquire about joining your order."

"Well, well. Yes. Uhm." He was surprised, it was nearly unheard of for a traveler to make such a request. Mili began to cough.

"I wanted to speak to a priest, or maybe a bishop first. Could you arrange something?"

"Well umm, indeed. Lets get you two inside. Takes quite a bit to get used to the air and all."

Once inside the massive structure who's steps they were on moments before he asked their names.

"This is Adra, and I am Miliandra." Mili said, her voice was sweet and soft. Her body language made her seem a little empty headed.

"I'll be right back with the Father."
She smiled, but Adraudia remained stiff and distant.

Adraudia Basillie
May 3rd, 2004, 10:41:45 AM
Being indoors was much better. Her head began to clear and Adraudia allowed her sense of smell to return. She frowned, noticing that the sulfuric smell was subtle in the air still, but in no way was it so debilitating. She would manage.

She watched the Monk disappear down a corridor and glanced at Milivikal for a moment. Her ways were quite strange to Adraudia. The Witch wasn't used to such deception who always relied on physical intimidation to get what she wanted. Still, it was effective. She found that interesting and wondered how far this ruse would take them.

The pair didn't have to wait too long. The purpose of their arrival and that they were offworlders had gotten the attention of the Father quickly. He was dressed in immaculate green and white robes, quite the opposite of the musty looking brown ones that the monks wore. His face conveyed how pleased he was to meet them, but Adraudia could see within his eyes the suspicion. "Brother Theaon has informed me that you two wish to join our order."

Adraudia tried to relax her body posture to look more interested in what the Father had to say. "Yes, we have traveled far to seek your ... enlightenment." She tried her best to not force the words from her lips and be more sociable.

Milivikal k'Vik
May 3rd, 2004, 10:36:06 PM
"We read about your Order in our Religious Studies class a few years ago, and have been researching it for two yyeeAaRRrrrrrrss. Absolutely fascinating. I mean, with the Ritual of Urro's Machine, the Twelve Bells. Just wwOoonnndEeeeRRrous." That little reading beforehand had proved very useful.

"Well, I suppose that I could use new Accolytes. Niastra was always more adept with a mop than a mokkinor."

Milivkal's eyes lit up. The mokkinor was a ritualistic instrument the Mallif Cove Monks used during cerimonies.

"I play the ten string lute and keyboard. The mokkinor is a combination of a sort, right?"

The Father chuckled.

"We haven't had a true musician in many years." He gestured at a corridor to the side of the altar. "My office, if you Sisters would follow me. The pews are not the most comfortable place to hold a conversation."

Adraudia Basillie
May 4th, 2004, 04:07:47 PM
Adraudia couldn't believe it. Just like that they were accepted and any sense of suspicion that the Father had vanished due to Milivikal's charms.

The corridor they walked down was the same one that their monk guide had disappeared down when they arrived. "You will be more then impressed by my Sister's musical talents when you get a chance to hear her play and sing." Even though Milivikal had given an alias, Adraudia didn't feel comfortable calling her that. She felt it disrespectful and calling her Sister did not look odd in this setting.

"Of that, I have no doubt Adra."

The Father's office was the last door down the hallway and he opened the door for the two of them, "Please, come in."

They stepped inside to a comfortable size office. Hand painted pictures hugged the walls. More then likely created by the beings of the order, Adraudia thought. There were countless shelves of books and parchments that were neatly situated in their places.

"Have a seat."

There were two wooden chairs in front of the Father's desk and the Witch took a seat. She was just as stiff sitting as she was standing. At least her eyes held interest. The information in this room might be able to help her and Milivikal find the treasures they seek.

Hector von Giovanni
May 5th, 2004, 04:44:37 PM
There was a gentle knock on the door and the pink faced priest bellowed out, inviting the person wrapping at his door inside, there was a moments silence and then the door slid open. There stood at the entrance to the office a fresh looking young man clad in green robes similar to that of his superior, although neatly pressed was his attire the hem of his clothing in several different places, about the sleeves and collar, were creased. The young man hesitated, bowed nervously, stepped inside then bowed again. The elder seemed to sigh and face was riddled with disappointment.

“Father, I have been-- been sent to-- to-- to you by Brother Corbin.” His voice cracked and quivered as he attempted to maintain eye contact with his superior. The father stood and slowly made his way around the table and on cue, the youngster’s hands began fidgeting with the hem of his tunic. The elder stood in front of the taller man and stared him in the eye, the younger brother’s lower lip trembled for a second, then he righted himself.

“Not again, Brother Gadred.” The now red faced, plump priest hissed irritably. He shook his head and sighed. “What am I to do with you? I don’t know; just sit down, please.”

Gadred was shown to a free chair located next to the door and there he sat waiting for the father’s current meeting to come to an end. There he would sit in silence, fidgeting with his sleeves and collar in a vain attempt to straighten out the creases only to make his clothing more untidy and with a defeated whine he mopped his clammy, glistening brow and watched. For a moment, the two women took his interest; particularly the paler of the two; then snapping out of it, recalling his vows, he turned his attention back to the father.

Milivikal k'Vik
May 5th, 2004, 10:08:48 PM
Brother Gadred was a frighteningly good fraud. Gadred (doubtfully his actual name) was trained in something that required a great deal of body control. For someone so nervous, his breath and heart were even.

For him to maintain his charrade, he would likely be dismissed from the room in short order.

Gadred is a dangerous man, Adraudia. The Dathomir Witch looked him over, immediately figuring out how to kill him.
He will leave soon, though. Patience.

k'Vik smiled pleasantly at the newcomer.

"Well, Father, Adra and I have lots of time. Brother Gadred seems to be in a hurry."

Adraudia Basillie
May 6th, 2004, 12:56:03 PM
Adraudia wanted to rip out Gadred's eyes out for the way he was looking at them, but when his true motives were revealed, it was Milivikal's order that stopped her from outright attacking him.

Her look of disgust was gone by the time the Father gazed upon her, "Yes, Father. It's no trouble at all." In Vicet's name she was sick of this pretense and it had barely begun.

Hector von Giovanni
May 7th, 2004, 01:42:17 PM
"Very well." The father sighed in defeat and stood once more, this time beckoning forth the young man. "Come to me, Brother Gadred."

Nervously, Gadred stood and clasped his hands tight before him in order to resist the urge to fidget with his clothing, again the two women took his interest although this time for different reasons; there was something about them, particularly this close, their skin tone was pale and unnatural. It would no doubt be embarrassing to be disciplined in front of the two newcomers. He cleared his throat and looked up.

"What to do with you, Brother? For your clumsiness and downright stupidity I'm afraid I'm going to have to send you to the lower levels for a week of disciplinary atonement with Sister Cadence. Your punishment will begin first thing tomorrow morning, until then you are to be confined to your quarters and you will spend the time in silent prayer asking forgiveness."

"Yes, Father. Thank you, sir." He answered pathetically, his head bowed so that he didn't have to show his face to the elder or the two women. Then after a bow he quickly turned on his heel and trudged out of the office like a scolded infant.

Milivikal k'Vik
May 10th, 2004, 11:57:27 AM
Mili faked a symphathetic glance at Gadred.

"Brother Gadred is far from our finest example of this Order, but he is rather persistent and obeident." The father walked to a tall cabinet, and rummaged around for a moment before pulling a lute free.

"I've kept a lute that was confiscated from a wayward brother. It is only a five string, though." He handed the instrument to Milivikal, who strummed it a few times, tuning it. She closed her eyes, and started to sing.

Yearning for days of yore my voice.
in elysian daydreamsmy voice
Burn with a fatal gloss my voice
a confounding mirror of soulsfocus upon it
Dance with the winterwinds focus upon it
in thy visions so sanguine my words which weave
Glance upon Stygian streams focus upon it
where lies hidden a pale secrecy focus upon it
you will obey me. Every word I say is critical for your life to continue. Survival, dear Father.

Hark... focus upon it
lures of the siren focus upon it
yearn for the days when blithe thou was
Information is what my companion and I require.
Sworn to a secrecy focus upon it
an arcanum devotee focus upon it
Mourning a life with thee listen
a descendance of watery argentine listen
Trance of thy frailty listen
endure the exsanguine listen
Glance beyond closed eyelids listen
the conundrum of all mysteries
What secrets of the past do you hide here? Leave your mind open to us. Pliant, unthinking and free.
Crossing in life... my heart tell me all
with silver in times... I'm weak tell me all
too weak... tell me all
Wan circling skies tell me all
secretes... silvering sorrow tell me all
Precious to me Aphelion tell me all
Thou are the fields where we wither still tell me all
Exhaust in thy waning world tell me all
My Aphelion tell me all
on a broken mirror tell me all
where the veils of night and day seems as one tell me all
May thy lids gather again tell me all
on a vast and frail crusade tell me all
Invigoration of pain pervation this time
tell me what lies beneath this island, what artifacts has your order hoarded?
Aphelion
In decadence I take thee by the hand tell me all
too frail... to gain the promised land tell me all
too frail... to take your pain away tell me all
too frail... a sequel of decay tell me all
May milleniums gather tell me all
on the mirage of desolated souls tell me all
far between departure and sorrow tell me all
I breed my afterthought tell me all
In thy hours of vast dejection's haunt... wane tell me all
An angel strays upon my door tell me all
so frail and lost within tell me all
To weep upon her days of yore tell me all
my decadent come in tell me all
Her stain and tears upon my floor tell me all
the sorrow that she brings tell me all
Devotion of a life outworn tell me all
in decadence come in tell me all
May thy lids desorb from emerald seas tell me all
a pending solitary tell me all
Though thy pain redeems, life it seems to be tell me all
a fragile sanctuary
Your mind is open to me, and your tounge free.

The priest's eyes were glazed as if he were drugged.

"You may ask the good father whatever you wish, Adraudia."

Adraudia Basillie
May 10th, 2004, 12:41:09 PM
"Finally." Her patience had become thin but in the end there was a payoff. Milivikal had mesmerized the Priest into a stupor and his mind was ripe for the picking.

"There are many artifacts your people are protecting. Do you know of them?" There was no point in continuing if this oaf was clueless to what his order was keeping safe.

"Yes." His reply was flat.

"Where are they hidden?"

"To ensure their safety, they were spread to different parts of the island, hidden underground in the caverns."

"We seek the Seyugi. Where is it?"

"I do not know where it is exactly. Such information was never given. I know it is hidden in the deepest part of the caverns."

Adraudia's voice held an edge of urgency to it seeing as they were so close to their prize. It was true that the Father did not know the specifics of the Seyugi's location, but he knew where they could start. "Which cavern are we to seek out?"

"To the north, near the sea, there is a small cavern that the monks use to shelter themselves when the weather turns poor while they fish. Once you reach the end you will find what you seek."

She glanced over at her Sister, satisfied, "I think we're done here."

Milivikal k'Vik
May 12th, 2004, 02:50:22 PM
Milivikal walked around the large desk, and leaned down. Her voice wove in and out, distorting and reforming, echoing and focusing.

"If you mention this conversation to anyone, your heart will stop." She hissed into the fat man's ear, and gave his chest a thump.

"The details from the last five minutes are hazy, are they not?"
"Hazy." The priest muttered in agreement.
"But you did send us to the south end of the isle."
"I sent you two south."
Looking for enlightenment.
"I gave you two an impossible task, and await what you will say when you return." The priest's eyes were unfocused and glassy.

Mili clapped once. It echoed impressively. The priest straightend immediately. He looked disoriented.

The Siren smiled.

"We're off to find englightment. Thank you, Father."

"Enlightenment? Yes. Good good. I'm sure I'll see the two of you soon."

"I'm sure you will." Mili's grin was predatory. She followed Adra out the door, leaving the fat man to himself. Mili wrapped an arm around Adra's shoulders.

"You see, Sister, there are unconventional methods that, while more consuming of time, meet our aims. And now, South, to enlightenment."

Adraudia Basillie
May 13th, 2004, 09:02:18 PM
A sincere smile finally graced her lips for the first time since coming to Mallif Cove, "Yes. I am beginning to understand that now. Patience just does not come easily for me."

The pair walked down the stairs of the temple and began to make there way out of the holy city. It was not large by any means and soon they were walking into open land. The land was flat enough to see perfectly straight in three directions but to the west there was a forest that obscured her view. Here Adraudia felt safe enough to inquire about their possible problem. "How much of a threat is Gadred to us, Sister?"

Milivikal k'Vik
May 15th, 2004, 04:38:53 PM
The farther they got from the small city, the more the air moved from foul and twoards absolutely intolerable. For the most part, Milivikal was breathing for her mouth.

"I do not think our false Brother was close during our interrogation." To that end, Milivikal shrugged.

"Gadred is one of many who has no pull. The preists are not smart enough to listen to him, I think." She contemplated this for a moment.

"Unless he acts on his own, I think we have nothing to fear from our inept Brother. If he were somewhere else, Gadred would be a grave concern. Here, thought is not a common occourence." Milivikal grinned. This should be a walk in the park.

Hector von Giovanni
May 15th, 2004, 05:37:58 PM
Brother Gadred had returned to his quarters as instructed by the elder and on his way he made sure not to make eye contact with anybody who walked by; Gadred was the type of person to show his shame and see it as an effort for atonement. Not many other brothers or sisters shared this view which singled Gadred out as something of an oddball addition to the order. Nevertheless the brother was insignificant enough to blend into the background and get lost amidst the sea of bright green robes.

"Finally!" He sighed heavily, the door now closed firm behind and stood in his quarters, the young man hissed painfully and rubbed his eyes aggressively. His now bloodshot eyes had already begun to stream stinging, salty tears and weary he headed for his cluttered worktop.

"Come on, where are you?" He groaned, digging deep into a drawer until with a relieved laugh the youngster pulled out a small bottle of clear liquid. It was a bottle of eye solution and as quickly as possible he unscrewed the lid and squeazed droplets of liquid onto each red eye. Falling silent, he closed his eyes tight and fell back onto his bed while he waited for the pain to end.

Adraudia Basillie
May 15th, 2004, 09:27:28 PM
What her Sister made sense, but Adraudia did not want to discount Gadred until they were far away from this planet with their prize secured.

Her headache had returned and even dulling her senses through the Force couldn't mask the toxic air. She felt lightheaded and growled at herself for being weak. Hopefully when they reached the cavern it would provide some shelter once again from this miserable island.

An hour later, Adraudia was about ready to vomit. Her eyes were watering and her face was lined in sweat, but not even once did she complain. For whatever reason, the sulfuric emission on the southern part of the island needed to be thicker. On the positive side, they were close. There were a couple of worn wooden docks that had fishing boats tied to them. The Witch noticed that there was one boat in the water a kilometer out. Two monks were fishing together and hadn't spotted the pair yet.

Milivikal k'Vik
May 20th, 2004, 08:39:37 PM
At the south end of the island, there wasn't much besides a mooring and a few smallish boats. A pair of monks sat, holding strange fishing devices.

Mili payed them little mind, and silenced her and Adraudia's footsteps. They slipped by unnoticed.

Just down the path, behind a high hedge, was a door. The structure sloped into the ground. Obviously, this was the enterance into the caverns. It was lightly scratched, but very flat. Milivikal stared at it for a good minute. She started to rap on the stones to look for some sort of control, but none were loose in the least. She frowned and reached under her jacket.

Milivikal was still uncomfortable with lightsabers, even if she had been trained out of her paranioa of the weapons.

psssssshhhffffkktt The red blade extended from the hilt. Mili adjusted the focus. She held the weapon away from her body, and leaned her ear against the door. The Siren gave it a few taps with her free hand in different locations.

She seemed somewhat satisfied after a moment. Mili grunted and plunged the lightersaber through the right side of the door, above her head and a few inches from the edge, and began to pull it downward.

Adraudia Basillie
May 23rd, 2004, 12:53:34 PM
Adraudia flinched, still not used to the idea of lightsabres. They had been introduced to her clan, but it was still foreign technology to the majority of the Witches. She was one of the few that Sorsha had trained in the use of the delicate weapon, but Adraudia had preferred not to bring it for this mission. It had yet to grow comfortable on her person.

What she didn't understand was why Milivikal was taking her time to cut the door open. The blade of a sabre could slice through almost anything. She wondered why such precision was required, but did not voice it. It was not her place to question such minor details.

She took a moment to glance around the area, making sure the noise hadn't attracted any attention. Satisfied, the Witch helped to pull the door open. The air was stale on the other side but thankfully the sulfuric odor was hardly present. It was quite tolerable.

Nothing particular was revealed immediately. Old footprints scattered about along with unfamiliar indigenous animal tracks. If there was anything else, neither of them could see it since it was pitch black passed where the light shined through. Adraudia climbed into the entrance way and looked around annoyed, not finding any source for light. "Did you bring any sort of light source? I have none."

Milivikal k'Vik
May 24th, 2004, 10:14:26 PM
There was a crackle and a low hum from behind Adraudia. A gentle red glow painted the walls around them.

"This will have to suffice."

The air was stale, and the pace was slow. It was a relief from the toxic stink , and for that Milivikal was greatful.

Mili stopped abruptly after following the winding tunnel and a few passages. Distant footsteps echoed.

"The inner sanctum must be nearby. I hear them"

She took Adra's hand, leading her in silence.

Adraudia Basillie
May 25th, 2004, 11:07:34 AM
Milivikal led her until the first flicker of light was noticed. Faint shadows danced along the wall towards the far end of their current tunnel. Adraudia allowed her mind to venture towards the inner sanctum. She felt five minds clustered closed together. "There are five monks, Sister.

The Siren released her had and Adraudia pulled out a dagger. Both of them stalked closer to the entrance. Soon the muffled conversations heard became crystal clear. They weren't discussing anything particular and none of them were aware of their presence.

The Witch focused her mind to pinpoint their minds exactly. One was near the entryway, two were nestle together towards the back, the other two were spread out by themselves, away from the others.

She gripped the hilt of her dagger tightly. After all this waiting, Adraudia was going to spill blood. Her upper lip quivered in anticipation until Milivikal signaled for them to head in.

The monk near the entrance died first, unable to scream out as Adraudia plunged the dagger into the middle of his throat. When she pulled it out sideways, blood splattered up along the side of the wall. She pointed at the next monk that caught her attention. His neck snapped under the strength of the Witch's power.

Milivikal k'Vik
May 29th, 2004, 10:49:59 PM
A dagger whistled out of the darkness, and sliced into one of the monk's throat. He gurgled, grabbed at the weapon for a moment, and fell over.

One monk was yanked into the darkness by an invisible force. Pale eyes were visible for a moment. There was a muffled thump.

The Siren emerged from the darkness, her hands coated it blood. Milivikal's dagger hummed, and freed itself from the dead man's neck. It slapped against her palm.

The manfool with the vibrosword was hesitant. He roared and charged at Mili, who stared emotionless. He brought the blade down in an attempt to cleave her in half. She danced aside, her lightsaber flaring to life. The weapon was now a hilt, its once deadly blade hit the floor with a clang.

The saber retreated back into the handle, and Mili's leg extended. She brought it down into a vicious axe kick that smashed into the point where the man's neck met his body.

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 1st, 2004, 12:31:42 PM
Adraudia had finished off the second monk just in time to watch Milivikal face off against the last one standing. She was amazing to watch, almost mesmerized by her gracefulness. It did not overshadow how deadly the Siren was as evident by the crunch of bone and cartilage when the monk's throat was caved in by her boot. The Witch didn't realize she was smiling, more out of envy then from the carnage surrounding her.

She peeled her eyes away and looked about the room. It was quite different then the rocky cavern. The entire section was completely modern with technology unseen in the holy city. It made Adraudia's skin crawl but it made finding the doorway to their objective easy.

The Witch walked up to the chrome door behind Milivikal, watching her own reflection staring back at her. Her gloved had ran across the metal, noticing that it was a double door. She had thought it seamless but felt the small indentation of where the door would slide open. "Curious..." Her eyes continued across the doorway, spying a panel on the side and went to take a closer look. It was small and nothing on it made sense to her. She hated being inept when technology was involved and spoke in frustration, "I do not understand what needs to be done."

Milivikal k'Vik
Jun 8th, 2004, 10:04:16 PM
Milivikal vainly shook the monk a few times. She hadn't meant to kill him, and had wanted only to injure him very badly. It was evident from his mishappen neck that he wouldn't be able to tell her anything.

"Frell!" The corpse recivied another impressive kick that cracked several ribs.

"Not an ounce of armor on these miserable monks." She ranted, and then looked to Adra, who was occupied with a pannel on the wall.

"A key card lock." Milivikal explained to the Dathomir Witch, who was unfamiliar with most everything except repulsorlifts. The Siren returned to the group of corpses. Starting with the shoes, she stripped the deceased to his undergarments. Adraudia watched her curiously. Nothing of use was found.

"Strip the others."

A dagger aided her progress with the next corpse. She expertly sliced away clothing, and then sorted through his belongings. A rectangular piece of metal had non-basic scrawl on it. Milivikal was unfamiliar with the language.

"A key card." She held it up for Adraudia to examine, who found hers in a boot liner. In case of duplicity, Mili carefully cut apart the Monk's boots. There was not enough forethought to plant a fake key. Obscurity was supposed to be enough.

"Now slide the edge when I say to." Milivikal showed her how to without putting the cards in the scanner, and explained the difference between how to actually slide it, and what they were doing now. There was no point in chancing a simple misunderstanding that could lead to disasterous consequences.

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 9th, 2004, 09:12:54 PM
She paid full attention to Milivikal's explanation, going through the motions of what needed to be done with the key card. With a small nod of understanding, Adraudia turned towards the panel and waited for the command to proceed. In those few moments as the Siren walked to the other side of the door, she brought the key card eye level in fascination, turning it to and fro. She still wondered how sliding a thin piece of metal through two pieces of metal would make the doors open. Perhaps Adraudia would ask Milivikal later how it worked if she was permitted.

Milivikal asked if she was ready. Adraudia placed the key card as shown over the scanner. "Ready." Three counts of a second and the command was given. The pair slid the key cards at the same time properly.

The doors opened immediately, startling the Witch who almost cowered in fear. Her eyes moved slowly back and forth as the twin doors parted. Once they separated completely, a light turned on to reveal nothing but an empty hole in the wall.

This confused Adraudia greatly, who had begun to creep forward. "I don't understand." Tentatively, she placed a hand over the space where the right side of the door had disappeared and poked her head inside. The room could barely fit the now five dead monks comfortably. "There is nothing here." Her head snapped towards Milivikal in anger, "We were tricked!"

Milivikal k'Vik
Jun 13th, 2004, 09:31:45 PM
k'Vik shook her head, and pulled Adraudia back into the elevator. The Dathomir Witch was dangerous but ignorant. Milivikal would have to explain.

"No. This is a lift. A replacement for stairs that uses repulsors or cables and counterweights. If you relax for a moment, you'll feel the slight change in gravity as we descend."

She pressed the bottom button. There were only two. Adraudia seemed to panic for a second, but Mili's glare put her back in line.

The doors opened. Low lighting, and a dusty floor greeted the Sisters Stale, still air irritated Milivikal's nose. Dust swirled up as the Siren walked. There was more maze to be walked.

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 24th, 2004, 11:15:18 PM
It was a horrible sensation. Stopping. Her stomach dropped towards the ground and she felt oddly lightheaded. The Witch came to the firm conclusion that she hated elevators.

Adraudia sniffed at the air while Milivikal departed the lift. The monks hadn't been down here in a long time. Their scents were very faint. Soon her nostrils began to be tickled by the dust that was kicked up by the Siren's feet. Adraudia panicked, "No stop!" Pale blue eyes admonished her, but this time she did not back down like before, "I did not mean to speak out of line, but the ground. The dust. You are disturbing possible tracks."

She walked out of the elevator, hunched over, all the while looking for any signs that the monk protectors had been here. When she passed Milivikal, Adraudia crouched upon all fours to examine the ground more closely and in greater detail. To an untrained eye, or even an amateur tracker, the countless traffic throughout the years, possibly even decades, would be difficult to distinguish with such little light. The problem did not lay in the fact that the tracks were weathered away. The stale air proved that the air was recycled in some technological manner that escaped Adraudia's mind. That meant the land had only been disturbed when the monks had created this place, though the Witch was suspicious that they were not the ones that actually hidden the Hurukan underneath the island.

Perhaps centuries of history had been stamped into the ground, and perhaps Adraudia was foolish in looking for current tracks. It wasn't going to deter the Witch. Milivikal and her could be lost within the catacombs for days, seeking out the correct tunnels that led them to their end prize. There was the Force, but it would do them no good until they were close enough to the Hurukan to sense it. She was trained by the best warriors of her clan before Sorsha found her. Not only could they fight, they were the best hunters in the land. Adraudia could track the tiniest of creatures, in the most foulest of weather that Dathomir could throw at her. All she needed was time.

"There!" Triumphantly, the Witch pointed out a set of tracks to Milivikal, which looked like a bunch of dust thrown together. It made little sense to the Siren. "There is no single set of tracks. There are many. The monks have not been here recently, which made it harder." She rose to her feet carefully, "But there is a constant pattern. Hard to see since the dust falls differently each time when they move down here."

She slowly stalked off in one direction, being mindful to not step near the cluster of tracks, "This way..."

Milivikal k'Vik
Jun 28th, 2004, 06:37:22 AM
She wanted to hit the Witch now. Her ignorance was starting to grate.

Mili looked into the dust, frowning. She had no idea how Adraudia was making sense out of the extremely faint prints.

She looked down at the dust as the Dathomir Witch explained what she was doing. k'Vik wasn't worried about getting back to the lift, since it had many accoustic cues that were difficult to replicate. Right now, finding the Hurukan was Adraudia's hands. She could find her way through the maze alone, but it seemed to be elaborate, and might take days to chart.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 5th, 2004, 03:30:08 PM
She could sense Milivikal's growing irritation with her. Adraudia was not happy with herself either for causing such displeasure, but she could make it up by finding the Hurukan. The Witch remained quiet but diligent with tracking the monks movements. It was all she could do now to please the Siren.

The Witch was actually surprised at how easy this was turning out to be. Most of the passageways were not used by the monks at all. There was hardly any backtracking, and the backtracking required was only caused by how difficult it was to distinguish the tracks. What could have taken more then a day was shortened to just a few hours. Something that Adraudia knew would please Vicet's chosen greatly.

Eventually the stone earth weaved into metal and Adraudia paused, standing to her full height. The hallway curved around the corner, and the Witch was positive that the room they had been searching for was not too far away. She did not sense the monks, only six sleeping minds. The Force did not warn her of any danger. The monks were probably confident that no one would have gotten this far and disregarded any further precautions.

Adraudia resumed moving forward, turning around the corner and stopping almost immediately. If the technology upstairs had merely confused her, down here simply boggled her mind. There were six stasis pods angled seventy degrees from the floor, attached to a terminal. It monitored the life signs inside and regulated the pods accordingly. The Witch understood enough that the Hurukan were being kept asleep by these machines because of what she sensed before. She looked towards Milivikal to see what was to be done next. There was no way Adraudia was going to be foolish and attempt to do anything down here without the Siren's instructions.

Milivikal k'Vik
Oct 1st, 2004, 08:37:31 PM
Finally.
Milivikal surveyed the room, and the stasis pods were in suprisingly good condition
"Well done."

Statis pods were seldom complex machines. Mili began the wake cycle on one of the machines. There was no sense in reviving everyone at once with such old equipment.

Hurukan
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:35:58 AM
The stasis pods were indeed simple, and this was due to their age. They had been constructed some time ago, and would have quite probably seemed primitive when compared to some of the technology the modern world had to offer. None the less, they did there job well – or at least, they had done. The cycle for the first of the chambers began smoothly, as the figure inside was slowly brought out of its sleep. The next would not go so efficiently, however.

A spray of electric sparks curled between two of the pods. The six bodies all began to convulse. The previous slick awakening process had ceased, and the first to wake was jarringly brought back to consciousness. Wires burnt out and connections severed. The five were given a brief glimpse of the coffins that they were enclosed, before they were shuffled out of the mortal coil. The single remaining Dervish was jolted again, this time with such force that his forehead cracked against the transparisteel above him and marked it with a hairline crack.

Adraudia Basillie
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:21:47 AM
Adraudia stood around in horror, not understanding what was wrong or why the slumbering Dervishs were dying before her eyes. She was useless

"Do something!!!" She yelled at Milivikal, without meaning too. Adraudia was in a panic when she heard the pod cracked and pressed her hands against in, trying to figure out something to do. "We have to get it out of there!"

Milivikal k'Vik
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:32:19 PM
k'Vik's eyes went wide. She scrambled around the console, but the stench of melted electronics told her it would be pointless. A dagger floated up from her boot sheath. Mili placed one hand on the transparisteel, waited a moment, and then smashed the butt of the weapon into the crack, which split all of the way down the tube. Another blow sent spidering cracks all through.

Broken transparisteel cascaded over the ancient, who was again jolted as Mili reached to pull it's body from the stasis pod.

Hurukan
Oct 12th, 2004, 08:08:05 AM
Though the Seyugi wore armor, the body weighed surprisingly little and was pulled from its chamber with little effort. Various needles, nozzles and nodes tore free of its body as it entered fresh air for the first time in an eon. Liberated, it fell into Milivikal, completely limp, as its brothers-in-arms lay in a cold, dead sleep. The sound of a warning siren permeated the silence, alerting any present to the fact that the stasis system had failed, and that immediate medical aide was necessary to save the lives of any still-living specimens.

Adraudia Basillie
Oct 14th, 2004, 04:46:16 PM
There were sirens going off from somewhere. Adraudia could not make out where they were coming from, just that it was surrounding her. Was it the monks? Where they finally catching up to the two of them.

No. No it wasn't. The danger was immediate and pressing.

Her mouth gaped opened, her eyes wide in helplessness, sensing the rest of the hibernating minds growing dull. "They're dying. All of them." She was useless. Adraudia hated admitting it again to herself but she was useless. How could she help when she didn't understand the cause of what occurred. Why did Sorsha send her with Milivikal when her abilities could not help the Siren now.

Milivikal k'Vik
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:08:25 PM
k'Vik lowered the Seyugi to the ground. She could hear that he wasn't breathing. Milivikal scowled as the alarms wailed.

"Take his armor off!" The Siren ordered while stomping off to one of the other glass chambers. A piercing shriek echoed through the complex as Mili destroyed the transparisteel with one blow.

Uncerimoniously, she tore the ancient from the stasis pod. She looked at the body for a moment and dropped it to the floor, disgusted.

"Some of them have been dead!" Adraudia had managed to remove most of the upper armor.

Mili's saber ripped open the console. She reached in, and pulled out a super-conducting cable. k'Vik pulled out as much as possible, lopped the end off, and jabbed the Seyugi in the chest with it.

Hurukan
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:24:48 AM
The frayed end of the cable connected with the now bare chest of the assassin, whose body convulsed and shook with the force of the energy now coursing through it. It twitched and spasmed for a brief second, after contact had been broken, before becoming motionless once more. The body on the floor moved seconds later, its chest rising as though wretched upwards by some unseen hand. The Seyugi coughed and gurgled, as flood of some kind spluttered from its mouth.

Adraudia Basillie
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:57:01 PM
Adraudia crouched to all fours upon the floor, apprehensive about the current situation. In it's current state, the Seyugi might attack either of them out of self preservation, if it didn't die out right.

She titled her head to the side to try and make sense with what was wrong with him. His current condition had to caused by being taken out of his status so suddenly. There was no preparation and he was not meant to wake up at this time.

"What can I do to assist you, Chosen One?" The Witch did not want her ineptness to worsen the Seyugi further.

Hurukan
Nov 5th, 2004, 12:56:22 PM
If it had possessed strength enough, the Seyugi would have taken the witch by the throat. In its current state, however, it could do no such thing. It’s vision blurred, it saw only the vague outline of the figure above it. Again, it coughed up something that looked like a mix between blood and some kind of preservation fluid.

Milivikal k'Vik
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:05:01 PM
Hurukan might have been a threat, had he not been so weak from stasis. k'Vik pulled the Dervish to his feet.

She smiled slighty.
"Your stasis pods were flawed. It seems you are the only one to have survived."

"It is time for us to take the Seyugi and leave, Adraudia."

Adraudia Basillie
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:04:14 AM
The Witch slinked up to her feet, "As you command, Chosen One."

She went on ahead, checking the entrance to sense if any of the monks have made it down the tunnels. As far as her mind could reach, Adraudia heard, nor sensed, any signs of the enemy. She looked towards k'Vik, giving the all clear.

Hurukan
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:06:05 PM
“It seems you are the only one to have survived.” Neither feeling nor showing emotion, the Dervish looked upon the five bodies – almost identical to his own – without remorse. They had not died an honourable death, but he would make good on their lives in what time he had left. Still struggling to maintain his balance, he looked into the faces of the two who had apparently rescued him and nodded stoically as they began their escape from the tomb of the Seyugi.

Milivikal k'Vik
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:52:52 PM
The ascent back to the surface was uneventful. No one had expected anyone to remember the Dervishes, much less seek one out. Even more doubtful was their preservation. The monks did not truly understand what they sat on top of, only that they were important.

Like a rare but unknown art piece, they had been snatched for minimal payment.

Light was glimpsed, and voices heard. Someone had noticed, after all. Milivikal grinned.

"I hear voices ahead, Witch."

Adraudia Basillie
Nov 25th, 2004, 07:28:18 PM
Adraudia had picked up on the monks as well, and so far they were unaware of their presence. "They are still a bit aways. Let them come in and meet their deaths.

She readied a dagger within her hand and grinned for the desire to shed blood again was eminent

Hurukan
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:54:59 AM
Hurukan narrowed his eyes. The sound of the monks advancing footsteps and far off shouts could be heard through the tunnels. Something triggered in the Dervishes mind. No active cognition was necessary for a slim cylinder to slip into his palm. The feeling of the metal against his bare skin was all too familiar. In spite of his weakened state, the Seyugi was still prey to his instincts, and at the sight of Adraudia drawing a weapon had become immediately on guard against any threat.

Milivikal k'Vik
Dec 25th, 2004, 09:49:54 PM
Milivikal's head tilted while the creature inside chittered. Her body convulsed slightly.

"Mmmmmmmmm. Nay, Sister-Witch, we shall bring death to them. Cattle pretending to be apex predators are just cattle. When do you think they last raised a weapon to kill." k'Vik's daggers hummed to a shriek. Her pale eyes flashed at the Witch, and she dashed down the rest of the corridor, out into the light.

"Your Siren has come for you, simple men. You will throw yourself upon my rocks, and pierce your own hearts with your folly!" Mili's voice was sickly sweet. A gurgle and thud echoed back to Adraudia and Hurukan, punctuated by a loud crack shortly after. A man's scream jumped two octives, and Milivikal k'Vik, Vicet's Siren, grinned.

Adraudia Basillie
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:33:35 AM
She was not pleased. Adraudia had wanted to shed blood, but the chitter inside her head had stayed her hand. Vicet's will was to be carried out and the Witch would obey.

Sounds of death echoed back towards her ears and it was one of the most beautiful sounds that she had ever heard. Adraudia allowed herself a moments pause to revel in it before turning towards Hurukan with a grin, "Our path is clear. We may leave this disgusting place now."

Hurukan
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:24:54 PM
Unlike the Witch, the Seyugi did not find the screams music to his ears. Yet, he was not appalled by them. He lingered a moment longer in the dank tunnel, looking back to where they had come from… toward his sleeping brothers. There was little honour among the Seyugi, but Hurukan felt some inexplicable sense of duty to them. As though they should dispose of the bodies, lest wanderers find and profane them somehow. The thought was dismissed as quickly as it was entertained, however, as the Witch gave clearance for their departure. Soundless as ever, he followed in their footsteps – to where? Only the Force knew.

Milivikal k'Vik
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:42:08 PM
Milivikal was replacing her jacket as they emerged from the darkness. She flicked her hair to free it from the collar. As her adrenaline faded, Mili fought the urge to wretch. The foul stench was in full force.

"Let us leave this vile place, and depart for one slightly less so."

Adraudia Basillie
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:04:20 PM
She reached out her arms to help Milivikal, but put them down, thinking better of it. "Yes. I despised this place the moment we arrived."

The Witch looked to Hurukan with a curious stare, "Are you as well? You've been locked away for so long."

Hurukan
Jan 15th, 2005, 05:17:24 AM
Out in the light of day, Hurukan shielded his eyes. Everything was bright and painful, though the smell did not bother him. For the first time in unknown years, the Dervish spoke. His voice was bass and had a metallic edge to it, harsh and rasping – no doubt due to its time in disuse. “Where are you taking me?”

Milivikal k'Vik
Jan 17th, 2005, 12:30:08 PM
"The miserable wasteland of Ch'hodos. It smells of perfume compared to this latrine. Stupid Sith witch."

"It is a rocky, with little to see or do but brood. In times long past it was an orgy of power, but now it is abandonded."

"Out of the swamp and into the dustbowl. So, creature of legend, how do you feel?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jan 20th, 2005, 03:57:33 PM
Adraudia remained silent as the trio made their way back to Milivikal's ship, interesting in hearing what Hurukan had to say now that he was awake and more aware of what was going on around him.

Hurukan
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:16:54 PM
Creature of legend. So, the stories of the Seyugi were still told, it seemed. However long they had remained in sleep – and by how Hurukan felt, he would have guessed it was a long time – it had not been long enough for the people of the galaxy to forgot the Dervish death cult. “Confused. Who are you and why are you taking me to this… Ch’hodos?”

Milivikal k'Vik
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:03:42 PM
Mili grinned a carnivore smile. Her white teeth shone.

"My sisters have want of your services. No one has seen or heard of your kind in over a millena. The fearsome Seyugi hunt heads again. We will reaquaint you with the modern era first, but one does not teach someone to breathe in space by shoving them out of the airlock, eh? So you will come to Ch'hodos and learn without threat of the new." Her face hardend.

"Setting you into the Galaxy in your current state would be a terrible waste. Overcoming stasis must come first. My ship is on the other side of the settlement."

Adraudia Basillie
Jan 29th, 2005, 11:03:07 AM
Adraudia had sped up her stride, walking in front of both Milivikal and Seyugi, leading them around the settlement to avoid the entire populace of the settlement. The Witch wanted to make sure that the pair's conversation was not disturbed and kept a watchful eye and a clear mind incase of intrusions.

Hurukan
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:00:09 AM
Fortunately for the trio, the monks were not particular inquisitive. They had strict daily routines to keep to and didn’t so much as lift an eye to the visitors. In actual fact, even if one had stolen a peek at the three, it would have been unlikely that any fuss was made. Only the highest ranking of the brotherhood had ever actually seen the Seyugi, with most having heard vague rumors, mostly consisting of their monstrous appearances and how they would devour the living flesh of anyone who disturbed their slumber.

“What makes your sisters think that I will want to serve their purpose?” the Dervish inquired, looking between his two pale guardians.

Milivikal k'Vik
Feb 5th, 2005, 06:08:46 PM
"We could leave you here." k'Vik's voice frosted oceans.k'Vik's voice frosted oceans, colder than steel floating in deep space.
"Your services will be required, Seyugi. Our mistress has asked us to find one of your kind, and we have. You perform as asked and you will be rewarded. Do not and my Sisters will find another of your kind. They are rare but not impossible to find."

"Seguyi, what is it you want?"

Hurukan
Feb 12th, 2005, 05:56:54 AM
It dawned on the Dervish that while he has slept, the world had moved on. It would be prudent for him to wait to demand his payment until he had learned more of these changed customs, so that he was not swindled by these Sisters. “We will discuss such things when we return to your dustbowl.”

Adraudia Basillie
Feb 12th, 2005, 09:51:25 AM
"Ch'hodos." The Witch finally spoke up as the trio made it back to the Siren's ship. She did not like the Seguyi's tone as he spoke of their home. A home chosen by Vicet. It irritated her so much that it had caused her to speak out of place."Our dustbowl is called Ch'hodos."