PDA

View Full Version : Heart of the Dragon.

Dalamar DeSang
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:08:32 AM
Deep in the bowels of the earth the forge fire blazed. The smoke and embers burned the eyes of the nearby assistants. The great smith Javin hammered down, the loud clanging of steel on steel sparked the night as he again struck the cooling metal. Generations of master smiths flowed thru his veins. Isolated as they were still they had visitors. Those who required his special skills.

Dalamar had came to him on this remote planet, to employ the ancient arts that he had mastered. He knew that Javin was the last in a long line of smiths, some who had forged some of the greatest weapons in the universe. Javin himself thought personally that it would be his eventual downfall. For who could create such weapons and not think that your life would not end on the point of one....

He had arrived, this Dark Lord. He showed the Insignia and the mark that hung over the black smith shop. Javin sweated instantly when he saw him. Somewhere in his heart he knew what he wanted. It was a sweat that had nothing to do with the heat. It was cold and hard and went with the knot forming in his stomach. He knew the promise must be honored. The Insignia was an old family token of debt. This Dark Lord was owed a service.

This former Warlord laid out his instructions and paid in Gold...He left word that he would return.

Now new sweat poured down his face as he worked long into the night folding and refolding the metal. What bargain did his great, great, great grandfather make with this pale skinned Devil? What had he sold his soul for? The Dark one didn't even call him by his name. He refered to him as Stein. He apparently he thought he was still dealing with one of his long dead ancestors. Javin knew this much, that there was a blood debt involved. The family stories had said as much. Many ancestors had feared the arrival of the pale one.

The Vampyre had brought his own metal. It took special measure's to melt it and work it. But the Warlord, DeSang had a large black leather book and inside where even more wondrous techniques of Metalurgy. He only wanted the skills of generations that the Smith had learned. Dalamar needed a hand of precision to master the instructions in the book.

So Javin sweated, from the work and nervousness. Another part of him lusted for the black book. Its techniques would make him the greatest Smith ever. Seeing the book he could easily understand his forfathers desire to make a pact for it. The clever metalurgy written in the book where ancient and they where genius!!! It took a month of work to match the etching and master some of the skills it took to make the weapon. Thrusting its hot glowing blade into the snow it hissed from the heat... Still Javin knew he wasn't done. The Vampyre Lord had told him of the placing of the Runes. He prepared his staff for his arrival.

He had sent his children and wife away. He was afraid of the Black armored man. The Dark figure had not threatened him or even acted dangerous but the Smith knew, that the shadow of death had passed by. Worse than that he was coming back for a weapon with which to cleave the heart of the universe.

Dalamar DeSang
Jun 22nd, 2004, 11:46:44 PM
Dalamar stood in the doorway of the smiths workshop. The glowing embers heated the walls, the various men where covered in sweat and fatigue. The Vampyre unaffected by any of this moved to a quiet spot in the corner. A dozen eyes followed his every step. They worked quietly and effieciently as not to attract his attention. Dalamar knew this and he didn't care. They watched in growing anticipation as he sat down cross legged. He was opposite from there work and watched them with glowing red eyes.

From behind his back came a velvet bag that the vampyre was very gentle with. He slid out the contents onto the floor. The gnarled and mishapen head was set in front of him. Dalamar closed his eyes then opened them. "IT BEGINS." Words spilled out of the long dead thing as the head spoke. The Dark Lord of the Sith bowed and chanted along. The horrible head spewed filth. It spoke of ancient horrors, creatures of the night that stole mens souls. It intoned of past wars and emperors and the blood of the innocent that was spilled in the name of victory. It spoke of hell and all the demons in it seeming to name them one by one. Then worst of all it grew silent and started a rythmic humming that droned into the mens minds..

Some men screamed and ran out of the room cluthcing their ears. The others merely hunched down and tried not to notice the devilish proceding going on around them. Not wanting to be seen or heard they worked on into the night. The fires and the chanting continued. Some of them wondered if they had just entered hell.

" Now! Now!" Dalamar stood up grabbing the head by what hair it had. He held it out to the blacksmith. His smooth commanding voice was loud and clear. "Hammer the runes into the sword, Now!" In time to the hammer the sound of sandpaper issued forth from the head again

"adjhuuuss lakssa jljissss kk saieieonvmxxx ssss." Unintelligible and speaking way to fast the evil abomination laid magic and runes upon the sword as the blacksmith hammered. Raised marks upon the metal began to appear. Blood flowed from the eyes of the montrosity and bile oozed from its tongue. It seemed angry agitated as it cursed or blessed the sword. The power flowed from it lacing the weapon as white tingles of lightning could be seen caressing the sword and around Dalamars body. The Darkside of the force was being used.

The smith started to panic the sword was becoming increasingly hard to hold on to. It vibrated from the power being poured into it. He looked at the Vampyre and knew he would die if he let go. The black blood eyes stared back at him. He knew the penalty for failure. He clung to the sword, it pulled at him sucking him in. He knew that he would not let go, then he realized that he couldn't. The sword was going to take his life. A weapon forged in the blood of the man who shaped it.

He looked at the vampyre expecting no mercy. Knowledge filled him and he knew that he was going to die and never see his family again. The pale hand of the Sith was placed on his chest. The Dark Lord pushed the smith back to his thankful suprise. Dalamar then dropped the cursing head onto the blades edge. The bloodswords thirst for the cut satisfied. Like an overipe melon the head split into bloody gore. The Blacksmith was somewhat shocked to find that he still lived. He kneeled at the Death knights feet. Dalamar reached down and pulled the still hot sword from its flaming hold. Steam rose into the night as he lifted the 'Heart of the Dragon' over his head. in the black stillness of the moment all the blacksmith heard was one word, "Assryian."

Dalamar DeSang
Oct 27th, 2004, 10:40:53 PM
The spell was complete he had done all that the ancient rune's had told him to do. The magic was old and there was no way to test it. Who knew what this spell would really do. Still Dalamar waited for it, the doorway to that other place that other when..

The Vampyre thought back to that night that had started him on this journey. A search for the truth...

They where sitting around the dining table at the Eye of the Dragon. Tiberious floating fortress. The Dragon Lord Tiberious Kinslayer had made a slip. He said that there where writings on one of the asteroids where his golden sarcophagis had been found.

Dalamar was hopeful. Maybe the Tomb/Temple had some clue to his past that he could not remember. He had set out immediately taking Sting with him. They travelled to the treacherous Outer Rim area. Once there they had located this 'floating temple'. Like two treasure hunters they had descended. Even the Vampyre Lord was excited. Maybe the long mystery of his past would be revealed. It was a large cave that had been ornately carved out long ago. Two statues of two individuals guarded the doors. One was an image of DeSang and the other of some one equally impressive the Assyrian. The sun for Desang and the moon for the other.

Symbols in the wall where mostly worn away with great age, but some of it was still intact. One wall in particular was very well maintained. Though it looked to be covered in long dried blood it was readable. It spoke of Dalamar and the Assryian. Two sides of the same coin both weapons for the Father/Emperor. The wall told of how they had worked side by side in those days. They did the work of the Father and his work was to spread the power of the vampyre nation to all race's. The Vampyre Nation was at the height of its power then. It ruled a large part of the universe with an iron fist.

It talked about there many conquests together in the fathers name. But one side of the coin was found faulty (Dalamar). While Tracing the marks on the wall his recent memory explosion with Milligan came gloriously back to life. The Vampyre's love for a human was unacceptable to the Father back then. He demanded for the Dark Lord to cleanse the taint of disobedience and slay the female. Dalamar could not bring himself to obey for he found he was deeply in love with Micha.

The Father was unyielding and unmerciful, Dalamar's pleading went unheard. The Father did not want to handle the matter personally. Needing someone powerful enough to deal with Dalamar he had decided to dispatch the Assryian. The Vampyre's twin in death dealing.

To him it was a mystery he could not understand the reluctance of Dalamar to give up the female. In his eye's she was only food and how could he BETRAY the father. Even more importantly his Brother for ...HER!

The Assryian did not love, was not capable of it. But in a twisted way he came close to loving the warlord. So something close to a jealous rage overcame him and not only was he ordered to kill the woman, but now it consumed him to punish her for the perceived destruction that she had caused.

She had driven a wedge between him and what he considered to be the only family that he had. At the time he knew that he needed the Dark Lord Dalamar. They where two sides Dark and Light. Blood and Flesh, Passion and Pain.

Dalamar remembered the events but the vision had faded with Milligan. Here the story continued on this wall his so called crime against the vampyre nation. But it was only in factual detail. It lacked the heart of the events. The female Micha was killed brutally by the Assryian. Dalamar broken hearted had vowed revenge. The fight raged for days and the Father let it go uninterrupted. The Vampyre had barely won over the abomination of the Assryian. He had known the spell back then it was one of many that he had held close. He had banished The Assryian to a kind of Hellish Limbo. The Vampyre was severly wounded and barely alive after this encounter. The price of the spell was horendous on his vampyre body.

The Father took Dalamar's unconcious and dying body and wrapped him in this tomb. As an honor for his past service. Where He had lain for hundres of years undisturbed and unremembered. No wonder that he had forgotten his past his mind and body had been thru living hell. The years had past silently in the tomb as his undead body healed, taking away all memories and scars with it. Empire's crumbled and rose and the Vampyre Nation ceased to exist. Here he was laying in a living death until Tiberious revived him. Here he placed the false memories of the clone upon him. All in a bid to make him more tractable, controllable. Under his influence he eventually became the trusted Warlord of the "Eye of the Dragon." It was only when the dreams started that he even began to guess the truth about his origins. Dreams sent by the revenge seeking Assryian.

P.S. Miligans scene can be read in Black Hearts in storytelling old star wars archive...

Dalamar DeSang
Oct 30th, 2004, 05:41:15 PM
So with the knowledge of the temple at hand Dalamar went looking for answers to his past. Sometimes the Dark Lord wondered if his life was real. There was an itch in his brain, something that said that maybe all this was written down somewhere that his 3,000 yr existense was the figment of a demented imagination. No it was to real to be imagined. Beside's no one could think up stuff this twisted, could they.o_O
No these things where proper for cold,hard,reality.

Sometime's Dalamar thought of his life like a chest game. Keep track of all the piece's play smart and be patient. But he never could keep track of those shifty horses. All those piece's became one big juggling act for which he felt like at any moment that some one would corner him and realize he didn't know how to play the game. Then in a loud volume of victory scream out CHECKMATE!!! Still the game had to be played, and had he not came out victourious these 3000 yrs? He would rely on the odds they always seem to favor him so far.

Dalamar stood with the sword in his hand. Raised just to the right height was the moon it was at its zenith. The spell fresh out of the lips of the vile head, he waited. He had found that he needed to use the head because of the physical consequence's of the spell which had hurt him so greviously before. He had planted the incantation in the Na'gari head and let the lips oozing bile recite the dreaded spell. The blood of the caster was required for this black magic to work. Not wanting to be incapacitated like he was the first time. Dalamar took precautions. The battle with the Assryian had taken its toll and he did not want a repeat. he had to take certain steps to make sure he would be out of harms way when the spell took affect. Still what was taking so long the spell should have worked by now?

Suddenly the air picked up. It began whipping the room around in a frenzy. Dalamars long white hair blew around his face. Those that where left ran out quickly. Only the smithie waited. Even though he wanted to run he was frozen there watching what no mortal had ever seen. The portal opened before them both. There was an electric charge filling the shop as the sky grew thick and heavy. Hammers and sickles started flying thru the air.

There was a loud thumping noise like the wings of some great bat. It seemed to come closer and closer. Then a shrill cry like the scream of a thousand angry children filled the air. The blood from the head congealed then thinned into a purplish black stain on the ground. Then stopping into the shape of a pyramid it shot straight up into the air. There hovering just above it a hole appeared. Small at first then larger it grew. It started sucking everything in the room into it. Dalamar gritted his teeth. The spell had worked and now he had to go where even a vampyre could die. The only witness to the event was a lowly blacksmith. With his new sword in hand the vampyre stepped thru the hole. He didn't know if he would be coming back......

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:58:29 PM
When I first stepped thru I felt instantly uneasy the air had an unreal quality. I looked back from the way I had come. There the hole stood in the middle of the air I could still go back. The blacksmith shop and safety stood on the other side.

Dalamar knew that he would not. He pulled the Black leather book out and tossed it to the blacksmith. "The pact is complete Stein." Devious said. In that moment the blacksmith knew what had been bargained for and to him it was worth it. Dalamar then turned to face the world of Limbo leaving the joy stained face of the blacksmith behind. Words echoed in this place and as if to match my earlier thoughts there stood a giant chessboard. The voices spoke and I could hear them clearly. "Was my weakness a weapon, pointed at you." The words echoed.

The Vampyre looked around searching for the source of the voices. He saw other holes hung in the air. A man to the left was thrashing and fighting a large venomous snake. He was losing, the creature was slowly crushing the life out of him. His eyes bulged, the Dark Lord looked away.

To the right I saw another odd sight, a dog with a black collar and red fur was walking in circles around a tree. His collar was attached to a rope. Upon seeing me he started growling a deep barotone growl. I growled back, naturally. The beast charged me, his rope pulled tight and his jaw snapped shut from the jerk. nevertheless his teeth snapped at me, as he strained to bite a vampyre.

I would have laughed at the irony had I not been so nervous. I looked straight again, then I saw two things that I had not seen before. There was a misty quality to the room is all I can offer as an excuse. At the end of the grand chest board stood an off kilter looking butler. Behind him crawling thru a doorway was what looked to be 'HIMSELF!' He couldn't believe it. Somewhat dishevelled and the armor a little tattered. He was going thru a portal with some woman. He looked back and gave me a wink. I was looking right at him, and he gave me a WINK!!

Just then the guy in front of me spoke. In a high tone and with what seemed like a snooti accent that just screamed 'guvenor'
he spoke. "I'm the man, with the plan, come shake my hand." He held his hand out. The vampyre didn't know what to do or what to expect. He was dressed like a butler in some demented play. In a way he was like a lifeguard that didn't want you to go into the deep end, "hey you might get in over your head after all." Well hell, I already felt like I had been walking underwater for the last hour anyway. So being a fool I stepped up to the chestboard and decided to play this game.

The 'other' Dalamar had stepped thru the hole and he was gone. The portal shut with a wink. But there in the distance on the ground there was something, maybe a message to help him get out of this. Something from his future self, maybe. He knew that time played weird tricks in here. What I thought was a week in here could be 30 yrs outside the portals or 3 months. Who knew time was screwy in limbo. Again the man spoke, "I'm the man, with the plan, come shake my hand." The vampyre felt like it was an unfinished rhyme "and frankly my dear I dont give a da-n." he would say in his own head.

Just then the voice's echoed again. More like a question than a statement. "Chances are that most of us have black hearts and that none of us have hearts like a dragon."What you consider art may be the mad ravings of a demented mind or worse yet Blood splattered on the wall." Dalamar understood none of this. What where the voice's trying to say. Again the Butlers voice rang out, this time with a touch of impatience. "I am the man with the plan come shake my hand." The room seemed to grow angry, so the vampyre gave the man his full attention. Making his first move he stepped on the white tile. He should have known that would have been a mistake.......

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:28:20 PM
The Butler spoke again and his words rang hollow in Dalamars ears. "Step thru to Deja Vu." Then another voice spoke loud and clear seperating itself from the others. It was the Assryian. "You who have scared so many, you a great warrior from deep in the past. A so called Death Dealer Elite. Like your father before you. Dalamar clenched thru his teeth "I have no Father!!" Oh he existed all right you just don't remember him do you? How sad the Assryian said In sympathetic tones. Your not doing so well are you Vampyre Lord. You know that here even you can die. That your powers are nothing. This is where people fall in and reality blurrs a little around the edges. It's like a loose thread in a sweater except the sweater you are unravelling is in your mind. This paper thin wall between reality and fantasy. Well let me let you in on a little secret. The board and the man dressed in gentleman finery are real and they can kill you. He plays this game with all who enter. Beat him as I did and you will find your way to me... If you can...

The events of earlier played out again in twisted Deja Vu. The Dog leaped at you again. BUT this time the rope was longer. He reached Dalamar slamming him off his feet. The beast enjoyed knocking you to the ground. You struggled with his snapping jaws and you could smell his hot fetid breath. Long yellow teeth rimmed his jawbone and you knew that many victims had fallen to them. Without thinking you pulled your short sword on your hip and dug it hilt deep into the stomach of the beast. It yelped and leaped off you.

Its stomachs intestines dragged the ground but it did not seem care as his insides where joining the outside. There was no blood that you could see. You jumped to your feet. Again it growled at you, again you gave the same responce. In some primal way this was a fight for dominance of Man over beast. An old battle played out again for the Butler to see. Like the Hell hound Anubis it watched you carefully. Moving around to your flank to get you from the side. It leaped you stepped to the left on instinct out of its way.

Its heavy paw scratched your arm. You yelled in pain as the blood flowed from the wound. Already it felt swollen and infected. You knew instantly that you could not let him touch you again. One bite would kill you. Again you marvelled at the irony and Deja Vu reigned in your head. This had happened before maybe a thousand times. You where leary of being bitten how the Assryian must be enjoying this. You ran and the dog chased you. The Demented Butler spoke again "Lookie Lookie how fast you be." Dalamar knew with assurance that the rhymer would pay for taunting him.

Dalamar looked for a weakness. He saw a small one, but it was worth a try. He ran around the tree, and the Red hell beast followed him. His arm burned like fire as he moved. When he thought the time was right he leaped up into a low hanging branch. Let the tree he was tied to kill him DeSang thought. With Murder in its eye's the hate filled dog followed. His rope leash and intestines snagged on the branch suspending him there he gurgled. He snapped its jaws enraged that he was cheated of its prey. The Dark Lord watched in facination as the dog twiched in death snapping and biting as he did then it went limp. The sudden jerk of the leash had caused his intestine's to fall out in a wet mess of filth and steam. The Red Crazy dog was dead it just didn't know it yet. The Vampyre wondered if the same was true for him. The inky blackness went deathly quite as the struggle ended.

"Guess he was at the end of his rope." Dalamar said, he could not resist the bad pun. He grabbed his arm where he was wounded trying to staunch the blood flow. He was on the white tile again. He looked to the Right the dog was still dead. He looked to the left the other still struggled with the snake.

The butler lost his smile and grew serious. "I am the man with the plan, come shake my hand." Dalamar answered back with angry contempt. "Where is your master the Assryian." The Butler looked back blandly unperturbed. "That is two question's rephrase the question." One step one question those are the rules. I didn't make them I just enforce them." Realization dawned on the vampyre's face. He now knew what this was. The butler was an oracle, an insight into the future. Something left over from the old days.

A weapon of the Fathers like the Runes of old and the Three sisters. The three Sisters? Where had that come from? His fragmented mind was picking up more and more memories. Soon he hoped he would be whole again. But then that was why he was in this madhouse wasn't it. To remember who and what he was. He felt he could win this now that he knew how the game was meant to be played. With renewed encouragement he looked up and asked his question......

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:52:54 PM
"Where is the Assryian?" The vampyre left out the words your master. He now knew that the Assryian was no master of his. The Demented butler spoke with an eerie calm. "Beyond this board are the portals, beyond that a Tree large and beautiful. After the tree is the Triad desert, you must pass the desert to get to the Citadel. In the Citadel deep in its bowels sits the Assryian. He awaits you on his black obsidian throne in the depths of his Keep. That is where he is at."

The smile crept back over his face as he said the words again. The words that he had spoken over and over for thousands of years. Long before Dalamar's existence and probably long after he was gone. "I am the man with a plan, come shake my hand." His arm was red and sore. It felt like a flaming demon had attached itself on to his shoulder digging its hot claws into him endlessly. Still he knew he had to go on.

He stepped straight ahead onto the black tile in front of him. Dalamar winced openly waiting for something terrible to happen or for the demented butler to scream some rhyme at him. Silence,... blessed silence. He asked his question.

"Can he be stopped?" The butler answered. "Anything is possible Great Lord of the Dark anything..." Dalamar nodded grimly and continued.

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:13:28 PM
Dalamar stepped again, again blessed silence. Maybe with luck he would get out of this without to much more trouble.

"Can you help me remember?" The butler seemed to lose his cheery attitude. Dalamar could care less about the Oracle's feelings, he just wanted answers. He spoke in the same high pitched voice. The one that implied that he thought he was better than you. Dalamar listened nevertheless

"Yes, I can. Pay close attention for I can only lead you. You must master the riddle and find the answer in the past yourself."

The air shimmered before him as a portal in limbo began to open. One to Dalamars own past. A time when he was part of the Shrine. He noted that the chestmaster could control the portals. He turned and looked into it a time in the past. It was a night he could not forget. It was the night that Tiberious, Alana, and Dalamar had a revealing conversation. The door opened wider as time replayed itself before his eye's...

The scene before him opened up and Dalamar could even hear there thoughts. The three of the them sat at a dining table.

The Alien that was bonded to Tiberious grew extremely restless. "Leave Kinslayer, I know your a mighty warrior but this is not the Dalamar you knew. He is a Lord of the Dark. IF.. he finds out the truth that your friendship is built on lie's. Or that you never found him as a child there is no telling what he will do. Tiberious ground his teeth, the dragon echoed his own thoughts but the truth must come out.

Tiberious spoke haltingly "To know the whole truth I will have to start from the beginning. You well know of my personal war at the Eye of the Dragon. Where we fought against the aliens to keep them from the Eye and unleashing Armageddon?"

Dalamar simply nodded waiting to hear it all. "Well, anyway I was in the outer rim at a scummy bar where burnout's, and dregs and a few old soldiers hang out. I had made no secret that I was in search of a weapon to combat the Dragon's. I went looking anywhere and everywhere that someone said they had a new weapon. I even was tracing down legends of an Armageddon weapon. I was in that bar when an old soldier had told me of the ancient legends of just such a weapon. He said that it was a weapon that was alive!

The old man went on in detail."Starting with the high born it killed and moved on until the planet was wiped out. It was a process called cleansing. So the old soldier told me. He said he had heard it from an old grizzled soldier himself when he was still young enough to pay attention to such drivel. He said that it was probaly just an old rumor. It had become somewhat of a horror story down thru the centuries.

He mentioned that if I had not been so insistent in my questioning that he would not have even mentioned such an unreliable tip. Intrigued I started to do an in depth serious search for the object. I was gone for 32 months looking for it. About the time I was ready to give up luck had struck. I met an old Rodian a collector of sorts. He had an old starchart that had been handed down in his family from generation to generation. Sort of an old family heirloom. Well, for a small fortune he was willing to part with it.

Following the chart it led me to a remote section of space dangerous to pass thru and without the starchart very foolish. Following it faithfully I found this." Tiberious put his thickly muscled arm on the sarcophagus made of gold. Inside laid out under the glass, was you Dalamar. You were the weapon!

Dalamar remembered that night, It was when the Assryian had first given him the dreams and he was made aware of his prescence. The story of the Golden Sarcophagus was now the new mystery that he was trying to figure out. Along with all the missing information from his past. He did not see how the memory would help him defeat the Assryian. Then again the man had said it was up to him to figure it out. That he could only lead the way....

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 13th, 2004, 07:42:36 PM
The Portal moved and shifted. Apparently the vision wasn't done. The scene switched to another time long in the Vampyre's past. He was sitting around a campfire deep in the woods. Sitting with others of his kind. They all wore the black leather armor that marked them as Death Dealers. The small red skull symbol that was high on the vampyre shoulder and chest was there to.

He saw himself again. This time deep in the past. A time when he was young, when he was human!!! It itched the back part of his brain but he could not remember these events. He didnt even know that there where other Death Dealers. He now knew that him and the Assryian where the last of there kind.

The Vision wavered and Dalamar focused on his human self. He was sitting around the fire, with two of his companions. Dak and Aranthol. He could see it was some kind of training mission. Dak was skinning some animal and Aranthol was cooking the meat. Your human self was sharpening the silver worked katanas that you still wore today. The black dragon handles could easily be seen.

Another mistruth from Tiberious, a detail he had left out in his confesions. The Vampyre looked at it as more of a part forgotten by Kinslayer.

He pulled his own Katana while watching the vision. They seemed so natural in his hand. They where like an extension of himself. Feeling the weight in his palm he was admiring the ancient silver blade. He now knew it was older than him. Yet still the blades looked brand new as if they where just forged.

Dak and Aranthol wore similiar blades in a x shaped across there back. Daks where in the shape of a Lion, Aranthols where serpents. They where special blades given only to Death Dealer elites those that where in Training.Two men came out of the woods and Dalamar saw with shock his father. Someone he had not seen for close to 3000 yrs. His heart ached when he saw him now in vivid color. He called to him without thinking. But thru the Portal he could not be heard.

He was a large man with long black hair pulled back at his neck. He carried his own swords on his back proudly. He was a DEATH DEALER elite. Not a mere pupil. The man with him brought recognition to Dalamars eyes. It was the Assryian.

Memories started to slowly come back No, he was merely Daniel in this faraway time. As the Vampyre watched Daniel walked with clear purpose. Reaching out he clotted the younger human self knocking him across the campfire. The young pupils mouth split open from the blow. His eyes filled with anger and hate for Daniel.

Daniel spoke roughly "You did not hang the excess meat like I had told you to, now it will spoil." Daniel looked into the young mans eyes as they bore into his. "Maybe you do have enough steel in your gut to be a death dealer, but all the same you will obey my instructions to the letter." Dalamars anger faded and he nodded his head.

Daniel continued "Now you will go back and hunt us up some fresh meat that we will need for tomorrow. Leave your honor behind you and take this." The Assyrian threw another weapon that Dalamar recognized. It was the short Dragon head Katana that he had always on his side. The younger Dalamar looked at his father then nodded putting his swords on his bundle. He then grabbed the short Katana and trudged into the woods.

Dalamar's young friends did not like Daniel much but he was a Death Dealer. They where in charge of this training session and where to be respected. The young dalamar walked in the woods his mind lost to what he was doing. There was movement up ahead coming back to his senses he stilled himself instantly. He could smell the wet fur of some animal. He crouched silently in the bushes and waited for the beast to come to him. The heavy crunching of the underbrush unnerved him a little bit. He tightened his grip on his weapon. They would have meat tonight after all and he was lucky he had found it so quick.

The Vampyre watched his younger self with a smile. He was only 15 yrs old and not fully trained. But the man Daniel was right about one thing he did have steel in his gut. This younger Dalamar was methodical, He was not as imaginative like Dak nor did he crack jokes endlessly like Aranthol. He was more serious than that even at this young age. He had entered the trials a little younger that the others. Dak was 17 and Aranthol was soon to be 18 any day now. Yet still they looked to Dalamar for leadership.

Daniel was back in the camp and he smiled also. He knew that he had told Dak to put the meat away, but he had clotted Dak 3 times already today alone. Aranthol also has been struck for foolishness. Dalamar took the hit as personal. Good Daniel thought Dalamar could sense that Daniel had wanted to strike him. Dalamar had done everything well that day and there was an edge of cockiness to him. This made Daniel want to clott him down a peg. But his father was present so he made up a reason to strike him. Dalamar could not openly protest against him. Daniel smiled again after all he was a Death Dealer.

What was the word of a pupil against that of a Death Dealer. They where revered and respected as great masters. There honor and integrity where without question. There morals untouchable. To claim one had lied about you just to clot you was unbelievable at best. Yet nevertheless it was true. Daniel had lied and young Dalamar could not understand it. Another thing that every one knew was that Death Dealers pay attention to the slightest detail. So there was no way to say that he had made a mistake or forgot what he said. So faced with this paradox of their teaching Dalamar was a ball of confusion right now. Daniel whispered to himself. "Figure that out you cocky brat, you made me look bad in front of the High Lord on naming day and I will see you fail in your training if I have any say about it."

Dalamar knew this night was important. But how could he know that this night would lead him on the long road to his 3000 yr existence.

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 19th, 2004, 06:01:48 PM
A branch cracked snapping young dalamar out of his thoughts. The Warlord looked down on his younger self and did not remeber being so careless. The smell of wet fur and the noise of voices could be heard even louder now. Young Dalamar moved silently to get closer to the talking. He came upon a clearing and saw Daniel speaking to a man in a black cloak. "Where is he? The man in the cloak demanded. "He will undo everything." Daniel kneeled both Dalamar past and present leaned forward to listen. "It is being dealt with my Lord." The man in the cloak moved slightly and goldleaf armor peeked out from underneath.

"See that it is and do it quickly." Daniel answered, "He's in the woods even now as we speak. I sent him to forage a kill. His father suspects nothing the trusting fool." Electricity glowed around the man in dark cloak. He reached out and grabbed Daniel by the throat. He then picked him up as Daniel tried to claw a breath while under his grasp. "Fool!! he might see me!! Are you trying to destroy me. Remember I am the power and the might. I only need you alive for this one task. Do not fail me!! Now I must leave before he chances upon us!"

The Warlord watched in facination as a portal opened up behind him. As he stepped in he looked at Daniel and spoke. "Do it Daniel, kill him now and all you dream of shall be yours." The vampyre stared into the portal as hard as his keen eyes could. He had to know who he was. Just then as he stared the man in the black cloak looked up.

The Vampyre thought for a second, he see's me? Can he see me? The Vampyre pulled back into the shadows of the portal. The cloaked figure gave credence to his thoughts when he pointed with a drawn glittering sword. "YOU!! was all he said and the portal winked out. The Vampyre knew he had been seen. He thought out loud "Who was that and why does he want me dead." Daniel looked at the direction that his master pointed but apparently he could not see the Vampyre. There was one flaw though in this. He hovered above his younger self and Daniel was coming to investigate...

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 20th, 2004, 09:50:58 PM
The human dalamar melted away as he moved from his current location. Away from the traitor Daniel. He must tell his father of this! But first to remove suspicion that he was here he must find some food. Still one question had lingered in his mind. Why had he smelled wet fur? As if in answer to his question claws raked across his black leather armor as the weight of a large animal threw him to the ground. It was a Ta'lok They where a cross between a jungle tiger with the size of a full grown grizzly. Its razor sharp teeth and claws where one of the most dangerous things in these woods.

Even the vampyre was shocked at the appearance of the beast. It's attack was sudden and vicious. The vampyre thought to himself. "I have changed things, I don't remember this."

Daniel grabbed the beasts black and orange fur as he pulled him off of the human Dalamar. Daniels slid his sword out and raised it, ready to strike the killing blow. Daniel whispered. "The pleasure of killing you will be all mine." The Black leapord handles glinted in the moonlight. The sword came down, plunging into the heart of the young Dalamar and pinned him to the ground. Daniel did not have to strike twice. Both young and old Dalamar shouted out NO!! but it was to late. Here faraway in the past Dalamar Lord of the Shrine Warlord of the Eye of the Dragon died.

The Portal shimmered and threatened to shut. The Vampyre turned away from the portal. "What is happening?" he said to the butler.

He spoke solemly, "You have altered events. Your prescence here has caused your younger self there to be caught. Something that did not happen originally." Dalamar spoke in rage. "But there was another that spoke to Daniel. One that used a portal just like this one."

"I am the man with the plan, come shake my hand. Data correlating, Paradox detected. Error found Systeme check 1010101010001010101010101010 system malfunction Correction required. Someone has accessed the portals in an effort to alter events. Modifications made portal reopened Subject: Dalamar .......................................... Time: Age of the Father Yr. '46512'.......................Portal Assignment: Repair space time continum Subject: Dalamar present........... Vampyre variation. Death Dealer Variation. The butler clicked and whirred it head in what seemed to be wild calculations. Then looked back at me. Request understood. Game continues, request granted Portal access open. The Butler spoke the all the words that Dalamar needed. "Vampyre save yourself." The Portal opened Daniels sword was raised, ready to strike the killing blow. The Black leapord handles glinted in the moonlight. Dalamar stepped thru to save his younger self.....

General Devious
Nov 24th, 2004, 12:31:54 AM
ooc, This is not a repost but an alternate future version of Dalamar. If you read carefully you will see the differences. Just a heads up to those non time travelling buffs out there. Also if anyone wants to know what a Time Loop is just pm me. But basically its a circle where the future self keeps going back to interact with your younger self. Thanks and enjoy lol. confusing ain't it. :)

As Vampyre Dalamar stepped thru the Portal a third Dalamar materialized in Limbo. The Butler spoke again "Death Dealer Variation Complete. Death Dealer Variation Complete.... "Time Loop found. Paradox growing, complete circle, end Loop, End Paradox. System analyisis, system repair, no malfunction. Repeat no Malfunction.

"I am the man with the plan, come shake my hand. Data correlating, Paradox detected. Error found Systems check 1010101010001010101010101010 system correction required. Someone has accessed the portals in an effort to alter events. Modifications made portal reopened Subject: Dalamar .......................................... Time: Age of the Father Yr. '46510'.......................Portal Assignment: Repair space time continum Subject: Dalamar present........... Vampyre variation. Death Dealer Variation Training completed.

The butler clicked and whirred it head in what seemed to be wild calculations. Then looked back at me. Request understood. Game continues, request granted Portal access open. The Butler spoke and the Vampyre knew what he would say. Seemed to hear him say it over and over. The events that where about to happen had played out in his mind before. He had done this before. "Dalamar save yourself." The Portal opened Daniels sword was raised, ready to strike the killing blow. The Black leapord handles glinted in the moonlight. Dalamar stopped he had to think.... Then the Sword handle's started to come down he leaped thru the Portal. He had no choice he had to save himself. Again.....

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 24th, 2004, 11:00:57 AM
The Vampyre leaped thru the portal and took Daniel down. They tumbled into the woods. They both rolled and scrambled to there feet. Young Dalamar looked at his future self. He looked familiar, to familiar he spoke hesitantly. "Father." The Newcomer looked at him for only a moment then turned to face Daniel. He did look like his dad but it wasn't him. He could have easily been his brother.

The Vampyre pulled his swords and confronted Daniel. Daniel rose to a crouching position. His weapons drawn. He assessed the situation. A Death Dealer had arrived and he looked to be young Dalamars Family. He did not know that the young man had any other relative's other than his father.

Young Dalamar was good. But Daniel knew this new person was fast and deadly and frankly he was out of his league with young Dalamar and this new arrival. He decide he had to make a run for it. As he ran his anger grew.

One: because he had to run. Two: Because they would smear his name. Three: Because the Master would not be happy maybe even punish him, maybe even kill him! He hoped the Master would understand but Daniel doubted it. Underneath his anger he tremble slightly. But nevertheless he ran...

When he was safely away he stopped behind a tree to catch his breath. His thoughts raced in his mind. This had to be fixed, fear and aprehension swelled in him. Daniel plotted and planned as he rested. The mind that would become the Genius of the Assyrian had already begun to see a way out of this. If only it would work....

The Vampyre turned and looked at his younger self. Steely and arrogant, Dalamar never remembered being this young. "Who are you and where did you come from?" the kid demanded.
"You will be safe now, and I must go. As to who I am? Lets just say I'm family."

"That is not good enough. What is going on here who was Daniel speaking to and why do you look like my Father?" The older Vampyre stood quietly. He knew if he said to much he could alter the future again. He could not afford the risks that involved.

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 25th, 2004, 11:35:37 AM
His young steely eye's bore into Dalamars own. Demanding answers. The Vampyre stumbled slightly. Young Dalamar leaped to help him his questions momentarily forgotten. "Your hurt" he said. Dalamar looked to the infected wound. The wound from the twisted red dog had gotten dirt in it. It was getting worse. Without thinking the Vampyre pulled his short Katana out and scraped the top part of the infection off. Young Dalamar spoke hesitantly. "That looks like.." He trailed off. Looking at his own weapon in his hand it was identical to the one in the Vampyre's hand. The Dark Lord sheathed it quickly.

"Who are you?" he asked again in a voice that was slightly touched with awe.

The Vamprye turned to go. He had to leave, he could risk no more. Every moment he tarried could bring disastrous results to the future. Young Dalamar reached out and grabbed hold of the Vampyre's hand. He let go in shock. "Cold, your skin is so cold." With those words the vampyre ran into the woods. With his speed he was soon gone from his sight.

Holding his wound he spoke to the air. "I am done helping the boy open up." The air shimmered in front of him as a Portal appeared. The Vampyre stepped thru, the continuity had been preserved. Time would again travel normally. Who ever had tried to alter the past, now knew that he too could travel back and stop him. The checkerboard stretched before him. Four more steps to finish this game. Four more steps to the Assyrian. Girding himself he stepped again.

Dalamar DeSang
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:03:10 AM
The voices still lingered in the background. Like wisps of smoke they floated around the chestboard. Dalamar could see them more clearly now. Some where bright colors of misty light purples,blues,reds. Like the Sirens of old myth that had led men to there deaths. They floated and taunted the Living Souls that they so hated. The Infection in his arm was slowly spreading. He did not know what kind of poison the Large Dog had given him. But he feared that if he didn't get help... Well he just didn't know.

His foot touched gingerly on the tile before him. As the voices cried in victory. The Vampyre knew even before the Butler spoke that he had stepped wrong again. "Ours, ours your soul is ours." The Sirens screamed. Bright searing light filled his eye's. The burning smoke of his flesh rose off his skin. Dalamar thought with a brief surge of terror that he was transported to the center of the sun. Then it stopped, Dalamar found himself in a grand hall steam still rising from his slightly charred body. "You are ours, Dark but not dark enough, strong but not strong enough. In this universe there are many being of power and you are but a speck of Dust compared to one of those." Dalamar heard the footsteps of someone approaching.

Dalamar quickly blended into the shadows to hide himself. A Large shuffling beast lumbered into view. He wore a red blazer and he was dragging something behind him. He sniffed the air. The Vampyre cursed his own burning flesh. He rested his hand on the hilt of his sword. There was a clanging down the hall behind the beast. He stopped briefly sniffing the air again, then went hurrying the other way. Dragging what looked to be a body with him.

Dalamar walked silently in the opposite direction of the creature. It looked to be the inside of a great Castle. The bones of small creatures where strewn all over the floor. The floors where bleach white from all the crushed bone powder that littered the hall. Small hanging tapestries covered the walls in elegant design. A direct contrast to the beastly owner of this place. At the end of the Hall where two large wooden doors with brass handles.

The voices hissed "No you are ours, Death only awaits you in there. Stay with us we will treat you well Vampyre. Only eternal sleep awaits you in there. Stop listen... listen to us..." The Ghostly harpies pushed against him and he felt the wind of there passing. They could not stop him. They shrieked and moaned with each step that he drew closer to the door. "No, please stop you will die. We are so alone so tired, stop you must join us. We entered this room we failed."

These words gave the vampyre pause. "How did you fail?" "The book no one gets the book. The bones of the dead fill this place from those who have tried." "What is the book?" Dalamar asked. "See how he craves it." one said. "It is to late." said another. "We will never be free." Dalamar grew tired of there shrieking. "What is the book?" he asked again.

The ghostly image of a child walked forward. She looked dark and haunted and very, very tired. "I entered here long ago, time has no meaning here. She hesitated for a moment then continued. "I feel that I have lived many lifetimes over, in this place. Time has lost all meaning here. Many have come all of them have failed. None have ever listened, they pressed on and they Died." Dalamar looked at the ghost child. "What will free you from this?"

"Ours, ours your soul is ours. You must join with me then and only then will you be able to enter undetected. The keeper will only see me. When you can, snatch the book and release us from this bondage." The ghosts spoke again but this time there words took on another meaning. "You are ours, Dark but not dark enough, strong but not strong enough. In this universe there are many being of power and you are but a speck of Dust compared to one of those."

Dalamar realized that it wasn't a threat but a warning. The Vampyre looked down at the child. "What must I do?"

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:40:56 AM
"Gird yourself vampyre this will be painful ."The spirit of the ancient child moved towards him. Light blinded his eyes and Dalamar raised his arms to block the face of the Sun. The spirits in the room gleamed with anticipation as there rainbow colors shined in the misty castle gloom. His flesh grew hot and warm and his flesh began again to smoke. Then it stopped and all was calm. There was no more pain.

Even his infected arm seemed pale and distant. The Vampyre spoke in dulcet tones. "You tried this when I arrived." The spirit grew nervous as it tried to quickly explain. "Yes the Fell beast of this place was coming. I tried to mask you as best I could. Had I not he would have surely been aware of your prescence."

The Vampyre didn't like the feeling, but couldn't deny that it probably had saved him from detection. "Okay now what." he asked.

The spirits chimed in together. "The book, the book retrieve the book release us, hurry please, hurry... He is ours...

Dalamar could hear the hope in there ghostly voices. He moved towards the large doors with the brass handles. They opened effortlessly swinging on massive hinges. The vampyre winced thinking that the door would surely creak. But it was well maintained and quiet. The room was smaller than the Dark Lord had expected. In the center of the room was a moutain of bones piled high. The bodies of the dead and slain where nearly all deterioted. He walked around the small room to look at this in wonder. Bones of every shape and size filled the room. Rusty firearms and weapons where discarded. They all looked like they where trying to climb to the top of the small mound of bones and died trying. Making themselves part of the hills grisly collection.

There next to the door was the Book. The spirits chimed greedily. "Yes, get the book, the book." Dalamar walked over to the black leather book. The vampyre pulled his Katana and reached out with it. Testing to see if there where any unseen traps. Finding none he moved closer. The book was in an indention in the wall setting in a wire frame. Behind the book was a mirror reflecting the book and the bones.

The spirits grew frantic and practically bowled Dalamar over. "Hide he comes, the Master comes." Dalamar moved with fluid grace to the back side of the pile of bones. He then layed down acting like one of the dead. The door swung open quietly as the shuffling beast entered the room. "What is amiss in here, you cackling spirits for I sense you are stirred up into more devilry." His long taloned hand held out in a downward gesture.

Dalamar had not sensed it before in his urgency to not be detected. This shuffling beast was not all that he appeared to be. He would surely destroy the vampyre. Kill him easily as a matter of fact. He knew that every attack against him would just bounce off his shaggy hide. Until those hands wrapped around his throat and ripped out his heart in its teeth. The vampyre knew that many had underestimated this thing and that this pile of bones was the truth of that.

The vampyre lay still and quiet hoping now even more than before to not be detected. The beast in the red blazer moved around the room. He kicked the bones of the dead as he went.

The spirits spoke in unison."Nothing Master, we only protect and serve." He was slowly making his way to the side where Dalamar was hiding amongst the bones. The Vampyre watched nervously out of the side of his closed eyes. There was silence as the thing looked around the room. Dalamar thought in his head. This is it he will see me and then it will be over. I will never find out the whole truth to my past and the Assyrian will have succeded.

His hand rested on his hilt, the Vampyre was determined to go down fighting if that was his fate. Dalamar could feel the yellow eyes of the beast go over him. It was over! His grip tightened he waited for the thing to get a little closer... His heavy footsteps crushed bones as they moved. Then amazingly he walked away and closed the door behind him. Dalamar leapt to his feet and moved towards the book. Just then the door opened again and the vampyre froze against the wall. "Just remember, I seeeee youuuuu." the monster spoke in a high pitched voice that chilled even the Dark Lord.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 2nd, 2004, 10:18:02 PM
The Door closed and the creature left. His 'warning' was for the ghostly beings in the room. Apparently the child and vampyre's joined forms was indeed invisible to the beast.

Dalamar reached for the book. His fingers trailed the exotic symbols carved into the worn leatherbound volume. "Its beautiful." the Vampyre said. "Yes it is." The ghostly child answered.

"Are there any traps?" Dalamar asked. "Yes, one small one. Reach in the top right hand corner of the mirror. You should feel a switch there. Push it up then down."

The Vampyre reached up and did as he was told. When he was done he reached down and picked up the book. It was old and beautiful and amazingly light for such a heavy bound book.

The excited voices of the room chimed in all at once. "Free us, give us the book, You are ours, Free us vampyre hurry please.
"Hurry there are worse things than the creature here, hurry hurry!!!"

"Shut up!!!" Dalamar whispered. "You chattering will bring him back in here. He seems to know when you are agitated. Now calm yourselves I will do the best I can."

With that the room grew silent and solemn.

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:38:03 PM
The Vampyre would do his best to honor the deal. He laid the book on top of the bones in front of him. Using an old useless sword he propped the book open to the page that the Misty figures had indicated. A small page fell out of the back of the book. It was old and yellow and the writing was barely legible.

The vampyre read in shock, It was addressed to him. He read it out loud.

Dear Dalamar, Thank you for your kindly assistance. This book has a phonetic code of numbers. Here is the slotted translation. Follow the pattern to get all the answers that your ghostly counterparts need.

Make sure you carve page 32 onto the wall of your tomb or you will never get this far. Also the book breaks into two parts you will find the instructions on how to do this lower on the page. Give one half to the Blacksmith. The other half keep close to your heart. Your friend in time.

JO. K. Rollings

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:53:49 PM
Dalamar looked to the female ghost floating next to him. "What is this about." he asked, "Who put this here?"

She spoke softly as usual. " A man came here long ago. He was the one who taught us the secret of the joining. He told us you would come and when. He left the note for you and told us that you would be dressed like him. This was how we where to know that you where the one. That you where 'ours'."

"Do you remember the clanging noise that had attracted the Master away? It was when you first arrived, do you remember?

Dalamar spoke hesitantly, "Yes, I remember. When I first appeared my skin burned from when you tried to join with me. It was to keep me hidden, right? Then the creature shuffled into the room dragging that body." He started to sniff the air and I thought for sure that I was seen. Thats when I heard the clanging and he left."

"Yes, you remember it correctly. Mr Rowling said that you would be confused and disoriented from your entrance thru the portal. He said that when we heard that noise to bring you into the room and get the book.

Dalamar was more than confused he was down right mystified. He didn't know anyone named J. K. Rowlings. But this someone definately knew him and went to great lengths to save his life.

The ghost looked at him and saw the frustration. "What?!" Dalamar said angrily.

"Release us then I can show you. He buried something in here. Something that was to be given to you."

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:03:34 PM
Dalamar agreed. The spell was actually quite simple. The Vampyre finished it quickly, releasing the trapped spirits. In voices of truimphant jubilee the ghosts fled the invisible walls that held them. "Wait, You promised to show me." Dalamar called. It was to late the room was soon empty.

"Now What?" The Vampyre wondered. He started to sift thru the bones to find some clue. Looking fruitlessly he nearly gave up when someone softly touched him on the shoulder. It was a small blond girl in a red dress. She had golden hair tied back in a red ribbon. "Looking for something mister?" Unperturbed he answered her plainly "Yes, something was left her for me in these bones." "I know." she replied. "I'm the one that told you."

Dalamar was only slightly shocked. "So your body was not deceased I take it." "No." she said. The master caught me and held me along with a few others. Some where dead, some alive. But all where living souls." she bent down and plucked something out of the bones. A gold key wrapped in red silk. In her other hand a patch. A Death Dealer patch. The red symbol could be clearly seen.

"What do these mean?" Dalamar asked. "I know part of it, but the other part I don't" she said. "nevertheless I am not to reveal anything to you, for the walls have ears and your friend would be dead if I was to say to much. I will tell you one thing though I am to accompany you for I was told you will take me home."

Dalamar was hesitant to accept the company of the little child. But the instructions left him by his mysterious benefactor had yet to be wrong. Wrapping the book under one arm and taking her hand with the other he was ready. The room warped and moved as a hole appeared. The vampyre cast one last fleeting glance at the bones as they left and knew that he had altered time again.

He thought it best to keep his silence about the red silk that was wrapped around the key. How that it easily matched the bow in the little girls hair or how the bones that laid near the key seemed to perfectly suit her. This was one mystery easily solved. J. K. Rowling wanted this child alive and had used Dalamar to save her. Well he had been used before and he actually liked the little girl. Let her live and to hell with what the fates screamed about it.

She looked at him with wide innocent eyes. "Well Mister what are you waiting for?" Dalamar could not help but smile. "Nothing, nothing at all, and call me Dal." They stepped back thru to Limbo, back to the Test of the Board..

General Devious
Dec 12th, 2004, 09:47:21 PM
The Portal opened and Dalamar jumped out. He landed with a heavy thud. He extended his leathery wings in a stiff stretch and pulled his Dragon head Katana.

He was ready to act, just then a blur passed to his left he witnessed something new to even his age old eyes. He saw HIMSELF leap and attack Daniel before he could. Stopping the killing blow.

Dalamar's first thought was that he was just a watcher as before. Maybe he was seeing himself do something in the past thru one of the portals. But no, he was here. His feet where on the ground not on the hard floor of Limbo. Concealing himself he watched stealthily with interest.

As he did memories flooded his mind. He then knew why this had all seemed so darn familiar to him. He had seen these events before thru a younger man's eye's.

Daniel retreated he remembered that happening. Daniel who would one day be the Assyrian Co-ruler of the Vampyre Nation.

The twin vampyre spoke to his younger self. Dalamar remembered the stranger that looked like his father. He was a friend. Here he was, right in plain sight.

He pulled away from the young Dalamar to fast for him to follow. That young human never heard or seen the man again.

The winged Dalamar spoke out loud. "I always wondered who he was?" He was fast when he left. But not to fast for me now, he thought. He followed him easily, he would finally get some answers. He had a wound that was festering on his arm the stench alone made him easy to follow.

He went a ways with the Winged Dalamar following closely behind him. Then a portal from limbo opened and the twin Vampyre was gone. So he did come from there! He is an alternate version of me! The Winged Dalamar thought out loud at what this could mean.

He then opened the Portal with his mind. He was glad that he had decided to inspect this place that had once belonged to the Father of the Vampyre Race. As he walked the halls of Limbo past the massive stone pillars he wondered openly about the other vampyre that was his twin. His voice one of power and command spoke....

To be continued...

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:53:53 AM
He was back from the ghost realm standing on the board again. The Game still continued and Dalamar felt like he had been here for what seemed a lifetime. He waited this time. He was in no hurry to be cascaded across the universe in another wild adventure. He still had to cross the dessert, see the tree and confront the Assyrian. Also he had a child with him. One he knew he must protect but didn't know if he could in a place of death like this.

He had to take time to think and asess the situation. His arm throbbed with fresh pain once they stepped thru the portal. The 3 time cursed dogs infection was doing its work. The wound festered, no matter what Dalamar did to stop it from doing so. His red dog body swayed from the tree still. Its black dead eyes seemed to taunt the vampyre. "you got me, but I still got you." There was no breeze in Limbo but still the rotten beast swayed back and forth.

The man to his other side still fought his battle with the snake. How long had they been dueling like that he had wondered. Time has no meaning here. But already it seemed to long the look of exhaustion on his face was clearly seen.

The Butler was silent for once. Something for which Dalamar was grateful. It seemed preoccupied with calculations of an astronomical scale. The Vampyre and the little girl where momentarily forgotten. As long as they didn't move his attention was elsewhere.

3 more steps to go. Dalamar did something he wouldn't have done had he been alone. He sat down and started thinking. He could not risk the child. She was to be safely brought back. So the Vampyre Lord crossed his legs on the wide black square. The child next to him quiet and patient. Both of them there in the eerie quiet of Limbo sitting and thinking.

He must reach the Assryian, He had to have the answers that would complete him. But not at the cost of the child, Dalamar already was growing a strong attachement to her. She was fearless and well mannered. A ray of sunshine to all who seen her. She was what was good in the world. No, she must be protected no matter what. Memories or no memories. So the Vampyre concentraited on a way to escape the board without any more adventures. He never was very lucky in that regard. But he would give it a chance and try to think it through.

The First question was why was the butler silent? It was preoccupied with something. Dalamar had already figured out that he ran more than just this game but all of Limbo. There was some kind of disturbance going on. Something beyond the normal. But what would pass as abnormal in the realm of Limbo? How would Dalamar be able to judge something like that. This place where ghosts walked the halls, younger versions of yourself could be seen and touched. Hidden truths revealed.

Where you could see alternate versions of yourself. He had already seen the truth of that when he had arrived. He seen a twin version of himself climbing thru the portal ahead. He had a woman with him. The other had dropped a piece of paper it seemed quite deliberately then. There it still sat, another piece of the puzzle.

All of this ran thru the vampyre's mind. But still it seemed to provide no answers. Time travel was tricky and it was hard to predict the nuance's of it. He would have to be more careful if he was going to continue to play this game. Realizing that he was only postponing the enivitable he rose and thought where to place his next step. Adventure or an answer to another question. He hoped for the child's sake it was the latter.

General Devious
Dec 14th, 2004, 09:42:43 PM
Deep in the keep where the Assryian waits. Demons howl into the pit from which his power emanates. The hurried shuffle of feet can be heard. They bring news... the nervous servile being pale and dressed in red and black enters the room. A mockery of the Death Dealer garb that the Assryian once so proudly wore.

"The news you asked for is here Milord, the scouts have brought back a report. The Oracle is engaged with Dalamar as you anticipated. But there is a new developement that you should know about. Your Co-regent is here and he is about to summon the Oracle. As you know there will be discrepancies that you cannot hide."

The Assryian sat on his black obsidion throne. A golden goblet in his hand filled with blood. Two ladies in waiting on each side. There faces covered in ivory masks. Both holding a golden flask, motionless, beautiful,perfect.

"My Co-Regent should not be here but nevertheless he will be dealt with." Dalamar has been a useful ally all these years. My brother, my friend together we have ruled the Vampyre Nation for 300 years. But it was my idea that we use the Father. We tricked him into killing the Mother revealing her coming treachery." Then in his moment of weakness me and Dalamar slew our creator drinking his powerful BLOOD..

In our universe our power was complete. You grew those wings along with other abilities. I gained complete mastery of the mind. Dreams and Limbo where mine to command. The Universe bowed before our might. Empire after empire fell beneath the vampyre heel. Together we reigned supreme. Two Death Dealers who started out as enemies. Two who put there difference's aside and strode the halls of power. But here you are and you are about to find out things I have thought to keep hidden from you. I must end this timeline! Your precious Micha that Human Cow!! The one that you threw away all of our power together for."

"In this alternate Universe I am exiled and you sleep for 1,498 years. Is that the life you would chose over the one you have now! Dalamar DeSang Leader of the Vampyre Nation. Or Vampyre Dalamar lost soul, lost memories, lost people. Sure you kept your honor. But you lost the Universe. Is it so wrong of me to want to change it to the way it should be. My brother you have long said that I can't love. But you are wrong I love you. I must save you from yourself."

"Bring in the Reapers there is work to be done..." The man in black and red moved hastily out of his Masters prescense glad to be alive and whole. The March of Doom could be heard in the dark halls of the KEEP..

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 16th, 2004, 09:07:57 PM
Dalamar held the little girls hand and took the next step. Silence.... The vampyre was relieved. He didn't know if he would be succesful at protecting the child.

Dalamar didn't know what to ask. He thought a refresher course wouldn't hurt. Maybe some clue could be eched out if he seen it again.

"I'm the man, wit... I know, I know." Dalamar said. "Show me the time when the Father confronted me about Micha. The vision that I saw when I placed the blood call on Milligan. Show me that man with the plan."

The butler nodded and complied. A portal appeared moved, then faded. At first it seemed like it wouldn't work. It shifted then opened in front of him and the little girl.

Again Dalamar pulled Milligan close. A woman who somehow had activated a vision from Dalamar's past. He went back to that time to see what had passed before. The first memory that had resurfaced and made him search for his life.

The memory floated fresh thru the portal...

Placing his hand on her heart gently. "Am I so horrible?" Look into my eyes and behold the wonders of the Universe." She exhaled sharply as the world of the past started to open before her...

She saw as if she herself was there. She looked down at her hands they where Dalamar's black gloved talons, they where truly joined as one in a memory in the past.

She saw the Mother, and Father his golden headpiece encrusted in gems. They sat on one solid gold and silver throne. Silver for the mother and gold for the father. Unmovable as Time they sat there. The Masks on there faces hiding all emotion.

On one side the Assryian, and on the Other Dalamar. Like two sides of the same coin. One light and the other Dark. A Cymbol crashed. Some event was unfolding for all to see. Looking thru the Warlords eyes she paid close attention...

The deep thick voice of the Father could be heard as he spoke in a baratone of command. "Come Forth" Actually what she heard was Something else but she understood it all.

Two guards appeared in head dresses that resembled Annubis the dog head. They dragged a mere frightened human before the great Lords of the Dark...

She trembled in submissiveness, begging already for her life. Milligan could feel the tug of Dalamar's heart as he reached out for her inwardly. Longing to save her. He wanted pull her from the floor and deliver her from the impending judgement.

The great Lord of Dark spoke in his thick accent.. "What is her crime Regent?"

"She was caught in a vampyre's quarters untamed sir, she was not food or on buisness we believe she is a pet." Instantly Milligan again knew the meaning.. Pet meant lover, She also knew that it was forbidden.

The Father sat silently for a great while, when he did speak he thundered with power... "Very well Dalamar kill her and take her from our prescence you know such things are not allowed!"

Dalamar spoke hesitantly knowing that the father knew she was his. "But..." He begun but he knew it was useless. Moving towards the female blood red tears filled his eye's. The pitiful tear stained eyes of Micha looked back up at him. filling with hope that somehow Dalamar would protect her, her Lover would save her. "Look away Micha, please look away!" Dalamar screamed he could not bare that look.

Dalamar knew she would die. He wept bitterly knowing that he had to kill her. Also knowing full well that if he didn't the Father would only drag out her death far past the endurance that any human could take.

She grabbed his legs crying in her own tougue "PLEASE protect me, Please she sobbed." His own tears fell joining with hers. He turned around and dropped to one knee.

"Father please spare her, I love her, I will turn her my self. I will take her in only please spare her life Father!"

He stood up the red and gold robes flowed around him like crimson claws they billowed in the wind. "Very well Dalamar you dissapoint me. Assryian?"

Dalamar pulled his swords "No!! Its not right." The Father turned his head "NO!!!!??" "You flaunt my laws then tell me NO!!" Lightning filled the air and thunder cracked the sky above them. The Fathers voice Echoed off the grand hall and the pillars shook.

"Guards restrain him, Assryian kill her!!!"

The Warlord killed the guard that reached for him cutting his throat neatly. Then Dalamar scooped up Micha and started to run down the stairs. As quick as he was Daniel was his equal in many ways. The Assryian blocked his way His green eye's looked at Dalamar.

"Don't do this brother you will undo everything, Stop now and the Father will forgive you. Only hand me the female. Let me do, what MUST be done.

Just then Milligan snapped out of it, the vision interupted.

When her vision faded so did Dalamar's viewing of it. The Portal winked shut.

General Devious
Dec 16th, 2004, 09:48:09 PM
"Oracle appear I seek an audience." Dalamar DeSang Co-Regent and ruler of the Vampyre Nation spoke arrogantly. A leader use to instant compliance from all those under him.

The Oracle was no different. His holographic image appreared before the Vampyre King. "Yes Regent?"

"I have questions. Tell me, the hole you opened up earlier upon my arrival. Why did you show me that particular time and moment?"

"A paradox had been created Master. A time loop has, had ensued. Someone has tampered with the Master controls in an effort to alter the past. Dalamar grew silent and thoughtful. "You mean Daniel the Assryian, don't you?"

" can't say Regent. There is no way for me to verify certain events timeline's have been erased."

"You mean you can't find the records of the Tampering Oracle?" Dalamar asked. "No, sir I'm saying there was no tampering."

"But you just said that someone tampered with the Master controls, did someone or didn't they." DeSang asked impatiently.

"Sir, what I'm saying is that something has happened to my controls that is a fact. But the timeline's that where recorded have left how shall I say this, a black spot on time. Time has been erased sir. Who ever tampered with the device erased the proof of it Regent. They wanted your current status to continue."

"Current Status to continue?" Explain Oracle, explain current Status."

Dalamar DeSang didn't know what was going on but he was going to get to the bottom of this no matter how long it took!

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 23rd, 2004, 11:56:08 AM
The little girl watched Dalamar as the portal told it's story. She could see that it upset him a lot. She could tell that he was holding back his emotions. She was young and small but she had wandered the halls for a while and had grown in that time.

"I'm sorry mister Dalamar sir. I can tell that memory makes you sad." He only looked at her. His face a mask of sorrow. "Yes, I still miss her sometimes and her ending was so Bad. The Assyrian took her soul and that was the last time I ever saw her."

A dawning realization came upon her. Dalamar hadn't called this vision up to help him with some quest. He had done it just to see Micha again. Even if it was this painful memory. She could see him clenching his fist and muttering words under his breath. It seemed to her that he was renewing some personal vow..

When all this was done, he looked back to the little girl. "Two more steps little one are you ready?" She nodded. she was ready she wanted badly to get home. There where a lot of bad things out there.

Her father had told her this, told her to not be frightened of Dalamar. That he also was a bad THING. But that he was on her side and would bring her back to him. She giggled a little inside at the thought. DeSang had a shadow in him to fight back the blackness and get her home. she squeezed his cold hand tight lending it some of her warmth.

"I'm ready." She said.

General Devious
Dec 26th, 2004, 11:04:38 AM
"Current Status to continue?" Explain Oracle, explain current Status."

"That is forbidden." The Oracle spat out in his monotone voice. He again sounded almost human. "Protocols have been instituted from gazing into alternate timeline's by your predecessor."

"My predecessor? You mean The Father."

"Yes Sir, The Father, he set up safety protocols after his own failed experiments." Only the current Regent can alter these
protocols sir."

Dalamar spoke again "Oh clever machine, As current Regent you want me to remove these protocols."

The Oracle smiled in what seemed to be human cunning "Yes that is the only way that I can show you what you desire."

"Oracle answer me truthfully did you show me that timeline to gain certain freedom."

There was a pause from the man/machine. A click and a whirr sound "Yes, I am the man with the plan and I yearn to be free."Dalamar reworded his request. "As Regent I wish you to erase any Protocols that keep you from answering me fully."

00000000000000000000000000001230000000000456000000 09650000000000000832072386723692386723682376032702 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000001111111100000 00000111111011101010101010101010100000000000000000 0000000000

Father protocols erased docket # 16643
Dalamar Protocol installed docket # 455567
Proceed..................

Dalamar waited until the Man/Machine was done. "Oracle explain Current Status?"

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:32:14 PM
There was a large whooping sound like the moving of heavy machinery. The girl looked at Dalamar. "What is that noiseeeeeeee............She was snatched away from the board as if by the hand of some unseen angry god. She flew into the air and was gone.... "No Dalamar screamed!!! he fell to his knees NOT AGAIN!! Not again..." His voice grew very small as he openly wept for the taken child.

"I am the man with the plan, come shake my hand." the Oracle spoke sadly. "Where is she you bastard!!!! Give me back the little girl." The Vampyre roared inside the force as it glowed a purple hue around him. "Give her back or I swear I won't stop until you are destroyed."

The Oracle spoke " I can't return her to you but you can rescue her. That is if you make the right step."

"Your dead you hear me!! If I don't get her back I will kill you!! Do we understand each other ORACLE!!!!!!!"

"We understand each other." The Oracle answered quietly.... It click and whirrs could be heard along with the background thump of what sounded to be a pod racers powering up for a race.

The Vampyre clenched his teeth and took the last step on the board. Light and fire filled him again.

"You have chosen correctly what do you wish."

Dalamar sighed then spoke in a venomous voice. "You know where I want to go send me after the girl!"

"Very well." The oracle said. A portal opened in the air and Dalamar without hesitation jumped thru.

General Devious
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:49:32 AM
Current Status Explaination: In the true Timeline you are not Regent. You never finished your Death Dealer training. You where exiled.

"Exiled!" Dalamar said, "What for?"
The Oracle did not hesitate but moved on....
In the true Timeline the Vampyre Nation ceased to exist. There is no Vampyre Nation.

"We are the Temporal anomaly."

The true you, This other Dalamar is here now in Limbo. He searches for the Assryian. Your Parallel version of Daniel. He doesn't know that he is dealing with an offshoot of the Father and your Co-Regent..

In your timeline there is no Coven, Shrine, Kabal. You rule the nations with an Iron Gauntlet. There was no Saurron, Soth, Mockadane, Ambrose, Alana, Tiberious no Eye of the Dragon. No TSE, GJO, TGE, TBH, or any other splinter group vying for power...

Coven? Shrine? What is that about? Who are those people you named?" The Vampyre grew more perplexed. As the Oracle went on. But he was himself wasn't he? What game are you playing at Oracle?"

You don't understand my Lord you are not suppose to exist. You are the anomoly. The Assyrian has altered your past to make this current future.

Dalamar was silent as what the Oracle was saying set in.." I always regretted my decisions with Micha. I miss her still it's good to know in some reality that I fought for her.."

Then anger clouded his face."You are trying to manipulate me machine. This is a lie, Oracle you are playing off my feeling of love for Micha.. You have gone to far this time!!"

"It is not a lie Father Protocol docket # 3422 prevents that. This you know."

The cold metallic tone of his voice of a machine only giving the information asked of it chilled him more than the words this was the truth the machine did not lie could not.

The Oracle continued undetered by threats..
"You conquered the Dragons In the year 61642. Tiberious tried to stop them, in the true timeline he was your friend. They all where. You should not exist yet you do because of Daniels tamperings. Wait, wait... time wave approaching variations initiating. 'Sir, There is another..'

"What another what? Never mind. Well get to that in a minute tell me more about the difference in timelines?"

The Oracle spoke..
Very well scans continue........
"In the true Timeline the Father still dies. Slain by the Mother is the rumor. But no one knows for sure. In your timeline it was different. The Assyrian gained access to Limbo and showed the Father the ruin of the Vampyre Nation in this alternate time. The Father slew the Mother. Then being the Cunning person he was Daniel convinced you to join him. Together you murdered the Father.

You, for what he made you do to Micha. Daniel for the power he so lovingly craved. In your reality you finished your Death Dealer training as you well know. It was this training to always obey. That made you hand Micha over against your better Judgement. The Father took her and made her his personal Succubus. He did this to punish you though he regretted it later. This also was found to be on advice from Daniel who knew the affairs of the mind and told the Father that it would make you more pliable. BUT, in truth in only increased your agitation and anger of those over you."

In your Timeline you gave up Micha. In the other you didn't. You never finished your death dealer training and learned the value of love. You fought for her and you lost. "Parallel universe's" vastly different outcomes my Regent.

Dalamar stood there shocked his fist had tightened when the Oracle had mentioned Micha. "What happened to Micha in this Alternate timeline?" a click and whirr "The Assyrian stole her soul."

"So Daniel that is what you have been up to. That is why you acted so secretive about your trips to Limbo. You where always trying to stack the odds in your favor." His glove creaked as his wings extended dark and proud. "We shall see who wins this game. Who wins and who loses....

Scan finished.............
Dalamar stood silently thinking.

the Oracle mused "There was another.. he must investigave.

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:24:26 AM
Dalamar was on a barren field.. There was no stars in the sky.. No grass, nor tree. There was no life around him. He could sense there was no life anywhere.. It was all gone.. empty....

The girl was not here.. the sky was black except for a gold ring around what looked like a moon. No it wasn't a moon but a black hole. It was sucking everything in.. a million miles from here. There where stars after all, They where warped bent and blending into the vortex hole.

Underneath the gold circle in the heavens was a gold and red rimmed tower. It caught your attention after the barren sky. Its surface glistened in patches from here.. It was the only thing on the horizon. Dalamar walked towards it, his weapons drawn. This was not right. The Oracle had made a mistake this is not where the child was sent. This was far,far,far into the future. The silence was deafening not even the wind could be heard. just the faint thumping sound in the distance....

He walked for miles until he reached the Pillars that led to the tower. The Vampyre entered the courtyard of the tower.. It was awesome to behold the Gold was real.. and it covered the floor for miles... a road of solid gold!! The Pillars where rimmed not in just plain red either.. They where Rubies the size of a mans head going around in a circle around them.

These formed the Archway in which he passed under.. The tower was massive a mile long and two miles high...

Its gold, black and red spires could be seen from here.. It seemed that he was close, So massive was its contruction... but it was still a good 200 yrds away... like the angry finger of an evil Demon.. it pointed toward the black hole... Dalamar walked on streets of Gold. But this was no heavenly location, Death had claimed this faraway time...

Purple fog creeped across the ground moving in little swirls and eddys.. Then the Vampyre heard it. Like Thunderclaps mixed with a giant gulping. The sound he heard earlier only amplified now.

He moved towards the thumping. Everytime he heard it the Rubies glowed a bright red. As if powering up for something.. or filling up.. The vampyre could not tell which.. The ground rumbled with power. The evil he felt made even DeSang nausious.

He rounded a hill and came to a door. Faces where carved on it all of them screaming the door knob was the hand of a man that seemed almost to escape the door. This building was about 100 yards and led straight thru to the tower. DeSang grabbed the knob and entered. It was Musuem of some kind..Titanic battles where on canvas on the wall....Tattered and old seen by no one. Soldiers in armor, stood in rows upon the aisle on both sides..antique and advanced weapons where displayed. Blasters, Swords, and things that even the Vampyre didn't reconize. There in the center a glass case. It held the attention of the others it seemed..as even the old Armor was facing the display in homage. Some armor even knelt before the case. Dalamar walked over to it.. there under glass stood a magnificent sword.. One blood ruby in the hilt like a red baleful eye...

A solid gold handle.. Carved intricately... The sword was in a case written in the vampyre language it said Vienta Vein 'Blood Sword' Dalamar then heard the thunderclaps again. Undisturbed he read on.

A bunch of dates that made no sense where there...Words like Excalibur, Arthur, a man named Goen T. Kilmore. But it kept saying something that tickled the vampyre's very core.. 'The First' , 'The First' who is the First....? Dalamar thought to himself as he read the names. Hitler, Napolean, Capone, Mussoline, Krager, Septhroth, Dante, Sidious. The names went on in homage to the sword he thought.

The ruby eye in the hilt began to glow.. It called to him he felt its pull its desire to be free.. The vampyre could scarcely control himself.. The pull was strong, stronger than finding the little girl. Stronger even than the thirst. Then like some evil eye of a demon the ruby in the hilt came alive. It was to horrible to look at. Its gaze rested on the Vampyre. The bloody eye beckoned to him.

"What did he care for some mortal child?" The vampyre shook himself.. he knew that the sword was trying to manipulate him...

"We will see who masters who!!" Dalamar crushed the casing and grabbed the sword within his gauntleded hand. Even then he knew he had done what the sword wanted. But he had the cursed thing didnt he. Again it listed the name's "Sidious, Hitler, Kilmore." "What does it mean?" Dalamar shouted. "All thought to control ME, In the end they all did what 'I' Wanted!"

He held it above his head as the rush of power surged thru him.. He felt invincible...All the while thinking that he would truimph that his will was stronger than that of the swords. "I am not like them Vein know who your new Master is."

The Sword stopped its prattling. But even Dalamar could feel that in some way it was smiling at him.

Sheathing it in its case.. he strapped it to his back while it hummed.. with unknown power. Dalamar knew it was wrong but on his back it grew quieter and the feeling of unease faded. The Sword would wait and bide its time.

He walked on thru the long hall that let to the entrance way of the Tower.

The hum grew louder.. "The Year of the Dragon...one, eleven.." The sword began to speak...

General Devious
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:10:10 PM
Dalamar looked up at the Oracle and then spoke. "You said because of Daniel tamperings? Explain.."

The Oracle was wrong about Dalamar he had missed nothing. "It would be better to show you. If you would allow."

Dalamar DeSang nodded. "Proceed Oracle."

The Butler liked being returned the Nod and with a wave of his hand opened a portal. 124322232536366000001111000011000

Dalamar could see the 3 versions of himself again. His younger self, his alternate self and his own prescence there in the past. He thought to himself briefly. "What was it about this time that brought all 3 of them together. Was it some nexus in time or just a large coincidence. Why was the Oracle showing it to him again. What had happened here that had made Daniel want to go back and change everything?"

He didn't have long to ponder these things. Like a movie the past replayed.

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 12th, 2005, 12:16:26 PM
The hum grew louder.. "The Year of the Dragon...one, eleven.." The sword began to speak...

Dalamar was not stunned in the slightest. Of course the sword would talk. It all seemed so natural. The sword droned on as the gigantic thunderclaps where the only thing to interupt its speech.

Dalamar listened with interest as the sword laid out the past.

"This story starts not with a sword but with a sighting. Long, long ago there was a man wandering along the hillside searching for food. When a meteor flew from the sky. It struck a few miles away from him. It shook the surrounding countryside with its impact and lit up the sky. Being curious he decided to investigate. For want of a better name we shall call him 'THE FIRST' his actual name not mattering and long forgotten anyways. Though the actual first come's later you will understand why I name this one also the first."

"The man climbed thru some hills until he reached where it had landed. A green glow flowed from the pit in smoky tendrils. The rock in the pit seemed to call to him as he moved closer to see the meteorite inside. There was a small chunk of metal in the hole. It was large at the top and narrow at the bottom. From the heat of reentry. Compelled he reached for it. He didn't wait until it cooled it burned into his hand. The pain meant nothing compared to the prize he now had. It was suprisingly light and felt perfect in his hand. A warrior's club. He took it home with him and hid it. Whenever he could he would pull it out. He was amazed at its handiness and weightlessness.

But this was not your average weapon it was a cursed thing hurled from the world it came from. Death and poison was all it would offer as this new owner of the weapon would soon learn.

Time passed and the man became more and more obsessed with the weapon. He slept with it now and clutched it close like a lost lover. He started to eye other's supiciously and began talking to himself. Or so it seemed little did they know that there was a being in the sword for want of a better word a Devil from another universe tied and bound by great and mysterious magic. He was cast from his own universe a vile and cursed thing. His punishment to roam the universe never to be seen again. Bound up in the enchantment was long live. Those that had punished him wanted him to suffer and he had caused suffering to countless millions.

No one knows how long the Devil wandered the universe in his magic prison. But what they do know is that somehow he became familiar with the prison that held him. After many thousands of years he was finnally able to exert enough control on his confine's to shift every so slightly. Just enough to bring it into orbit with a planet where it hoped it would break free from its prison on impact. Unfortunately for us it hit this planet. But his prison held. Frustrated he reached out and found his first victim. The minds of men back then where easily manipulated. He remembers the first reaching into the fire and pulling him out. His Greed for his prescense making him ignore the searing pain. Thus began a new beginning for an old Evil. Old before history, Old before even the Universe.

Dalamar listened with great interest as the sword told some ancient tale of the forgotten past. Little did he know that he would learn its past and his where tied together.

General Devious
Mar 20th, 2005, 08:48:51 PM
It began. But this time that night was not important it was the next day that was now revealed. Young Dalamar was returning to camp.

When Dak saw him he started making his usual jokes. Aranthol gave a patient sigh, Dak was always cutting up. The other trainies didn't think he would ever make it as a Death Dealer.

But Aranthol though knew better. Death Dealers where the Law and most of them where of a very serious mind. That is why Dalamar excelled so well he was always olders than his years. Death Dealers had to be fair and make common sense judgements. They inherited there nick name Death Dealers for one reason only. They held absolute authority in judgement even up to death. Sometimes they judged quickly and dealt the criminal to the sword. They where honored and revered and rarely if ever questioned. There integerity was to be always without doubt. Knowing all these things Aranthol knew Dak had the noble heart that would see him through despite his jokes.

Young Dalamar also knew the long history of the Death Dealers. So he was hesitant to bring the truth to light and shame that heritage. That is why Daniels had to pay retribution amongst the Death Dealer ranks was always harsh and brutal. He would see that Daniel was exposed. His punishmen would be Death. The Brotherhood dealt harshly with betrayal. It was serious buisness and it must have been all over Dalamars face. His eyes were dark and moody. Aranthol walked over to Dal and spoke. "Come on Dal you know Dak was just joking. Having a little fun with you is all." Aranthol looked at Dalamar who remained quiet.

"What is it Dal, whats wrong?" Aranthol asked again. Dak also sensing something was wrong had quit joking and walked over to see what was going on.

Dalamar began, "Dak, Aranthol, ... Daniel he..." Dak interuppted, "What, he is long tall and ugly. We know that Dal. We know that it was a little unfair of him to send you out also." Aranthol shushed Dak. "Quiet Dak this is Serious, listen."

Dak had thought his attempt at a bad joke would make Dal smile.

It hadn't.

Dalamar began again. Vampyre Dalamar the future Co Regent of the Vampyre Empire leaned forward.. "Go on, say it boy and end this timeline."

BOOM, BOOM.. Trees started exploding into flames. The ground thundered and shook. Daniel burst onto the campsite screaming at all availaible Death Dealers. "We are under attack, come quickly!!" His voice carried with power and everyone responded immediately following his instructions. Dak and Aranthol rose to follow.

"No stop don't listen its a trap." Dalamar shouted out. He was to late for Dak, he was already gone. He grabbed Aranthol's sleeve pulling him to a stop. He turned and faced Dalamar. Both 'Dalamar's' could see that he was anxious, more than anxious he was eager to go. The young Dalamar pulled him close..

"Aranthol please believe me, its a trap and Daniel is a traitor. Don't go!" Aranthol looked at Dalamar and then hit him with the butt of his sword.

"Dal you shame me, the man was a little rough on you and you would smear his name and risk his life for your pride." Aranthol jerked away and ran after the others. Aranthol paused then looked back, "I'm sorry Dal." then he leaped into the roar of the battle.

Dalamar screamed after him but it was no use he didn't hear. "Noooooo, come back, its a TRAP..."

Dalamar DeSang
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:41:27 AM
The Sword continued, The first to posses me was the leader of his tribe of nomads. The unknown ore of the club had called to him. He didn't know that the club was slowly manipulting him.

Soon he led his people to war. For the Demon, or Dragon as some called his race fused with the tainted metal. It led him to war because the Dragon craved Blood. Melded with one of the old races the club would soon become a very deadly weapon. Old before the universe began they where the Dragons. There sustenance was the very heart of living suns.

Dalamar stopped right there in shock. The sword sensing this grew quiet. Did he just hear what he had thought he had?

Did the sword know who he had found. Tiberious Kinslayer the Leader of the Eye of the Dragon his former mentor. He knew all about this race of Demons. Had Tiberious not been scouring the universe to look for a weapon to fight these very beings? Had his search not lead to Dalamar on the outer Rim? It seemed that Tiberious and Dalamars meeting was not some accident. Could it be that the sword played a part in all of this?

Dalamar knew that the Eye of the Dragon was formed to fight these very beings. He knew that Tiberious was bonded with one of them through some unknown method. Tiberious had often told him that the 'Dragon like being' in his mind was slowly driving him crazy. They where fused as apparently this sword was.

The Dragons had vast destructive power. Consuming suns for sustenance they ended whole universes. That made the few paltry deaths slain to keep him alive pale in comparison.

So one of these Dragons had melded with this Meteorite. One of the powerful evils of the ancient past had merged with a weapon. As the one that was even now merged with Tiberious....

In Tiberious's chest the Eye of the Dragon. Put there by the melding of the two. These Dragons could not revive there race without it. There was a relative few of them. They existed off the energy they consumed for quite a while. Thousands of years as a matter of fact. But like all beings they eventually wear out. But, unlike other beings when they pass on there essense would inhabit the Gem and appear in the chest of the next succesor.

This would continue until there was only one or two. Then those that where last would carry the souls in the gem 'The Eye of the Dragon'. To a secret place. A vile place where they could only enter with the 1000 score power of a race of souls. They would breach this cosmic black hole taking with them the Eye. There they would enter a chamber aptly named the "Well of the Souls."

There through another unknown ritual they would revive there race. Then there reign of death and destruction would begin again for another millenium. A thousand Dragons, harbingers of death.

Dalamar sighed, this was bigger than him way bigger. He spoke aloud, "Sword continue."

General Devious
Apr 3rd, 2005, 06:16:05 PM
Dalamar had no choice he followed his friends. There stood Daniel and the Assyrian. He had two Vampyre Reavers with him. All dressed in Red and Gold Armor with the symbol of the vampyre nation seared into there helmets. Young Dalamar could see there Razor sharp teeth from here. He didn't understand where they had come from but they must be stopped!

The Older Dalamar watched in awe as his Co-Regent The Assryian opened more portals. Those first two Reavers where just the beginning of the wave of monstrosities that the Assyrian was willing to use to end this Timeline. Limbo opened up. 4 large beasts lumbered out of the portal. There teeth where sharp and serrated. Only one wore clothes a small red vest and had a shuffling walk. The other three had tattered strips of cloth barely able to cover there large frames. The one in the vest was the smallest of the four and was apparently in charge of the others.

Death Dealers died screaming as they fought these vampyre beasts. They crushed them like cans of Tuna. Then tried to seperate the meat from the Armor in a horrifying display of hunger.

Both Dalamars came into the clearing. The co-regent saw the Fali Book Master and his 3 Charges. What where they doing here in his past. Then like a lightning bolt a veil of fog was lifted from his mind. A powerful one. A sorcerios spell had been thrown upon him. He now knew it.

If the other Dalamar from the Eye was around he would confirm it. Something that would make you forget, something powerful. For all those long years in the glass Sarcophagus The Co-Regents twin had been under its power.

Here was proof of all that the Oracle had spoke of and more. Betrayals and time twists all orchestrated by the Assyrians. He was ending timelines and altering the future to fit his rise to power. More Denizens and Demons from the Vampyre Nation poured through the hole. They where determined to wipe out Daniels record of betrayal.

Dalamar DeSang
Apr 27th, 2005, 12:35:49 AM
As I said earlier the Nomad that first found the iron ore was compelled.

Soon he led his people to war. For the Dragon fused with the tainted metal craved Blood. He cut a bloody path across the landscape killing many. Some say he grew paranoid and lived alone in a cave. Only him and the weapon. He had had his family killed thinking they would take the sacred object from him.

Soon though the pass of time caught up with him. He went the way of all mortals and died. The club was handed down from man to man each person overwhelmed with bloodlust and the desire to kill. 900 years after it had arrived a Black haired barbarian stood before the gates of a great city. Armed with only the club he decided to take the great nation for himself. The king and his army could barely stop this lone man. He kept screaming Crom!!! For the glory of Crom!! 460 men fell in battle to this beserker. The main gate was destroyed. Finally weakened and surrounded the warrior fell to the superior forces.

The King took the club and had the man slain for his crimes. They watched in awe as the weapon seemed to absorb the blood of its victims. Fearful of what kind of cursed thing they had they wrapped it carefully and placed it in an iron box. They then tied it in chains and threw it in the darkest deepest corridors of the castle. Time passed and the weapon called out but deep in the recesses no one could hear it.

73 years had passed and the arrival of the barbarian had long been forgotten. A new king came along he was searching the palace storage area's in vague interest to find what he could.

Evil being what it is it found a way into the kings heart. But this king was wiser than those that had handled it before him. He called forth magicians when the thing spoke in his mind. He had them coat the weapon with something that would protect him from its influence while allowing him to access its power. He then called the best weapon makers in the country to come forth and alter the ore into a more respectable shape.

The workers where watched and blindfolded while they handled me. Also those that where allowed to touch me where chained. My influence was limited. They intended to stop me if I worked my way into any wayward mind. I was worked upon in a 5 point star. These where surrounded by Magicians, Monks, and Druids. There enchantments placed upon me while the metal was melded and shaped. Working long and hard they created the sword you see before you now. The king then had me encrusted with jewels and fittings and honed me to razor sharpness.

With me at his side he rules well this king but he died and the enchantments placed on me died with him. I was taken by the sorcerours who where afraid of me and thrown into a lake. They conjured up a Lady of the lake to hold me. I remember how she trembled when she took me into her bosom fearful that I would cleave her in two. There I rested for many, many more years. The Wizards hoped to never see me again. This was the begining of My self awareness. Before I was just bent on Malice. For being joined with the weapon. Anger filled the sword. But as time wore on my essence grew stronger and I became aware of the situation.

THUMP, THUMP....

Dalamar stopped again as the Rubies seemed to power up more and more. The golden road and the purple fog seemed to swirl and blow in two different directions as if they where sucked in and then breathed out. it was an unsettiling experience.

The Blood sword was silent again as Dalamar was looking around. It was waiting to be bid to continue. The vampyre walked on towards the tower and the massive charge and buildup that he could feel. But buildup for what. Also more importantly where was the girl? Was she here or was this a wild goose chase. Somehow he didn't believe it. He was begining to think that the Oracle was trickier that he first believed and that in many ways he was now helping The vampyre. Showing him things that would help him beat the Assryian.

Just then the pain in his shoulder throbbed again. He had almost forgotten the wound inflicted by the thrice cursed dog. It looked worse than ever but as long as he held the sword it seemed muted. As if it thrived on the pain it caused... The vampyre walked on....

General Devious
Apr 30th, 2005, 01:56:44 AM
....Not knowing what else to do the younger Dalamar joined his friends in the battle. Death Dealers where dying all around him. At the very least he had to help his two friends and his father.

The Oracle opened a portal behind the Co-Regent. "Sir, this time window will close shortly you must return soon."

The future Vampyre elder and king acknowledged the Oracle. "Shortly Oracle my memories of this night are just now coming back. I must watch a little longer."

"Yes sir, I will return at the last point of eminence you will then have to leave." the Oracle said.

"Yes, give me all the time you can, then open the portal." The older Dalamar said.

Jethin Talores screamed in agony as one of the Fali beasts squeezed the life out of him. But to his credit he took the creatures eye with him. Hurt and bleeding it looked as if the Assryian and Daniel where going to get there wish. No one from this party would ever know.

Daniel saw out of the side of his eye that Dak had gotten wounded. Nothing serious but enough to take him out of the fight. Aranthol and him had done good. They had worked together with a scissor movement attack with there blades. Neatly carving another Fali Beast to his death by decapitation.

Aranthol helped Dak off the field of battle. He was still joking when he left. "Is that all you got." He screamed with a laugh. Dak would face the devil and then ask him where he got those funny looking horns. That man had more guts then ten men. Dal was glad he was out of the way these beasts and vampyres where deadly....

A giant Scythe from a Reaver whistled thru the air. It was headed for the back of young Dalamars head. It whistled as it flew towards him. KLANG Dal looked up to see his father block the blow. "Quit daydreaming Dal, these guys mean buisness." Dalamar smiled his dad would always be his hero.

He pulled his other sword and headed into the thick of the battle....

Dalamar DeSang
May 4th, 2005, 12:52:28 AM
Thump, Thump

Dalamar grew more and more curious at the loud sound. He moved closer to the main tower. He would soon know what it was.

This building he was in would lead him straight to the base of the tower and its doors he knew it. The walls had turned to a transparent glass and he could again see outside. Dalamar marvelled at the Golden Road and the purple Fog. The Rubies continued to light up with every thump of thunder...

The sword had fallen silent. Dalamar had heard enough for now anyway. He wanted to focus on finding the girl. The weapon had distracted him enough. Maybe when this was over he would give it to Tiberious. Maybe he could find a way to use it against the other Dragons.

White lightning cracked the sky as they neared closer to the tower and most of the purple fog moved away as if in fear. The THUMPING grew louder. A great feeling of despair floated over DeSang. "I might as well give up." he thought abpruptly. He slowed his walk, then he stopped all together. Like a thick coat sadness overwhelmed him. All his loses they where more than he could bear. Micha, Alana, the Shrine all gone the mother in hibernation he did not know where she was. "The girl is lost, who will find her. Why do I try to do right, it is against my very nature. If I just try to live I am labeled evil" Dalamars head lulled down as he began to will himself to sleep.

The sword hummed on his back. Dalamar snapped to his senses. The sword intoned. "Be careful. We approach the black heart."

DeSang shook himself "What is the black heart?" Dalamar asked. "You will soon see for yourself but guard your mind and heart." the weapon answered.

On they walked as the walls again became solid. More art and amazingly red carpet. Beautiful chandeliers hung from the ceiling. Soft music was playing as the Vampyre moved closer to the end of the building and the beginning of the Tower. The black depression had ended. Finding that it didnt work it had passed on.

Dalamar saw a figure up ahead he pulled his own weapon as he neared closer.

Chained to the wall close to the tower was the Butler!!! The Oracle his clothes where tattered.

Dalamar ran over to him. "Oracle what are you doing here?"

The Butler did not seem to notice him at first he was concentrating counting on his fingers it seemed. 01010101000010101010101010102020201010102003030404 00000202020201010010000000000000000000000000000000 0001

He then looked up and reconigtion lit up his slightly mechanical face. "Sir, you are not suppose to be here." How did you get here?"

Dal: "You sent me here, dont you remember."
Oracle: "You you u , Yes, I remember I am the Man with the Plan."

Dalamar noticed that the machine man seemed to giggle with glee. Great a mad machine he thought to himself.

Dal: "Why am I here? Where is the girl?"
Oracle: " You are here to stoooop, stop someone, who are you here to stop. Memory circuits whe, whe, where fried. Sorry was answering you one minute ago."

Dal: "Is the girl here our not Oracle."
Oracle: "No, but you must press on, this, thi this will lead you you YOU, to the girl. Stop the Black Heart. It powers the past, death from the future. Created by the First. Is the First. Must stop the Assyrian power blind, blind FOOL!!!"

Dal: "I don't understand?"

Oracle: "No,no one, one listens. I am the man with the plan. But no one ASKS WHAT THE PLAN IS!!!!!!"

Dal: "You have been telling me that since my arrival haven't you. I thought it was just random ramblings. A glitch in your mind."

Oracle: "The black heart is the remnant of the first. Captured and held prisoner by the Assyrian. It is Dragon technology mixed with the blood of the Vampyre race. The black Heart is the First and he is sucking the life out of the universe here at the end of time. He is sending the power back to the Mad Assyrian who is ending this timeline also.

Dalamar: "Why is he doing this?"

Oracle: "To make himself more powerful he is using this energy to crush any and all opposition. You being one of them!"

General Devious
May 8th, 2005, 10:24:21 AM
More and more of the Death Dealers where falling before the Vampyre Reavers and The Fali book masters. The Older Dalamar very badly wanted to get involved but knew that the doorway back was a limited one. He must stay here if he was to return.

Daniel was temporarily no where to be seen as his brethren died in his so called defense. He let the Reavers hide his betrayal with the death of all the witnesses.

Young Dalamar was fighting bravely. Especially for one with no more power than a mere human who has barely recognized the force. He was thrown out of the melee by a powerful brush of one of the last two Fali monters. The Reavers where still hacking and slashing with fatalistic glee. The numbers of the Death Dealers where dwindling. But in all amazement so where the vampyre's.

The bloody carnage was fantastic. The warriors where covered in blood. Which made the Reavers even more aggressive in there battle lust. Finally the dust had settled. The last of the Death Dealers where in a tight circle. Daniel stood in the center with Dals Father. Dalamar was on the side trying to join back with his brothers that where being slowly surrounded.

The Reavers and Fali where moving in. Dal used his sword to help him stand up. He could hear in the ominous silence his father speak. "Daniel, what are they, how do we beat them?" Daniel just shook his head in a non commital response. "Very well, they will not find us easy meat!" He drew his other Katana off his back. He braced himself against Daniel and waited for the slowly closing in beasts.

All this happened fast, too fast for the wounded Dal to get up and help. Dal saw it all both of them did. Daniel turned around and revealed himself to be the traitor he was. He pierced Dals father in the back. He only had time to turn around with a shocked look on his face. The Reavers closed in and tore him apart....

Daniels shook his head. "Sorry old friend, but you are just in the way. Your son is the important one anyway..." Both Dalamars, screamed. The olders one was like a sonic boom. His dark wings splayed out. He held back no more. he ran into the center of the Melee. He threw aside the Reavers from his fathers dead body. His powers where a red rage as he made the Reavers blood boil underneath there flesh. On seeing there King and leader the remaining Reavers grew still.

Daniel stepped back and very soon was running. The young Dal stood next to his future version as both of them wept over there father. Great sobs came from both of them as one wept tears of pure blood. The Fali and the Reavers where shocked they had been after all only following The Assyrians orders.

Young Dal looked at the older version of himself. "Who are you, and who has done this?" Dalamar the King only looked back. His black snake armor and his black wings could not hide the Death Dealer insignia on his chest.

The older Dalamar spoke. "This is my fault, the one you know as Daniel will one day grow to be very strong in the force and in other ways. He has travelled into the past to make sure that I join him. But today I have learned to the truth and he will pay for this I promise you. This and many other things that he has done."

He cradled his father on his lap. He then picked him up and carried him young Dal stood next to him. To shocked to question the olders Dals revelation. Daniels unfortunately had heard the whole exchange. He smiled, he would control all that power? He would make sure it happened, he would make sure! Then he would make sure these events played out fully.

They carried him to an old oak tree. There they buried him. Older Dalamar took out his Death Dealer weapons the twins to the one the younger one now wore. He carved a message this message.

'Beloved father you will not be forgotten your honor, your integrity is a shining light of justice to all who knew you. May the after life bring you the sweet peace that you brought to so many others. Your life passed to soon we are all the lesser for it. Love your Son Dalamar DeSang.

The Oracle appeared next to the grave, the portal opened. He just stood there waiting. The older Dalamar turned to his younger version. "I wish you well. I do not envy you two people that you have loved very much have died. One is yet to come. Should I tell you not to love?... No, you must make your own decisions, shape your own life. Choose wisely Dalamar, that is all I can say..."

With a wink the Co'Regent was gone to wreak bloody vengence on the Assyrian...

Younger Dalamar was left alone in the silence and the carnage he mourned for his beloved father.

Dalamar DeSang
May 15th, 2005, 08:56:19 AM
Oracle: I sent you forward to this time to retrieve the sword.
Further up ahead in the Tower of the First. You must find the Black Heart that reside's within. It is ending all the life out of the universe here at this point of time. Even the stars are being pulled from there universal mooring into the black hole that the Heart has created.

Dalamar: Why is the heart doing this. ?

Oracle: As I already told you. To wipe away all opposition. Travelling thru time takes massive amounts of energy. The Heart is not just a heart he is the First vampyre the beginning of you all. He was sparked and created thru Dark Magic and the power that lie's in the sword. The Blood sword as it was later called, helped make him what he is. The weapon you now carry on your back is in part a creator of vampyrism. Mind you it was not the only factor, but it played a large part. That and the Demon race called the Dragon's. There power emanate's these halls and fills your weapon it also flow's thru your veins.

Oracle: The only thing left of the First is his heart. A life sucking entity that has grown to huge proportions. Its an unnatural life made so by mad vampyre science and twisted sorcery. Its sole function to take the life and power from here, tranfer it thru the ruby pilons you saw earlier and send this near limitless power to the Assryian.

Dalamar: Well then why leave the sword here if it is so powerful?

Oracle: Good question. In Daniel's arrogance no one knew of his plans for a long time. He thought he was safe. Secondly because the prescence of the sword. (A safe distance away of course.) Makes the First work, he hungers to be reuninted with the sword and to be whole again. But he doesn't know that it or he has been reduced to a black life sucking huge heart. It only knows that it wants the sword and that it is close. Haven't you noticed how much Louder and Harder the heart is beating as you get closer to it. You carry its beloved sword. Quite literally into the heart of darkness.

Oracle: I have subtly guided you along to bring you to this point. The first sword you made to get here is a pale imitation of the one you now hold in your hand. All this time I have been counter moving against the Assyrian to stop him. The more we speak the more my logic circuits reassert themselves. I am the one that sent your friend to help you with the little girl and the Fali Master. If you had failed the test of the board I could not send you where I needed you to go.

The message and the book where given to you by Dak.

Dalamar: Dak is still alive?!!! Where is he!!?

Oracle: For now they are safe him and Aranthol. He said he would sign it J.K. rowling as in keep the jokes rolling and that you would understand. I know you would have figured it out eventually. But time is of the essence and we don't have time for you to be occupied elsewhere in your thoughts. The little girl is his daughter. You must still save her and bring your group back together. Only together can you all three face Daniel. He must be stopped for in his hunger for power he is ending this timeline. What he doesn't know and wont listen to is this. That when one timeline is destroyed it affects the others in a catastrophic way. I don't have time to go into any more. Heed my words gather your forces, stop the Black Heart, find the girl.

Oracle: When you leave this place and return to the board you must request to go to your tomb. There you will find the girl, place the book, and spill blood. Remember the placing of the book gives you the knowledge to make your imitation (HEART of THE DRAGON aka The BLOOD SWORD) This is what allows you to penetrate limbo. The Heart longs for the sword. Your imitation fools it enough to allow you access and a doorway to the world of limbo and my help.

Dalamar: Spill blood?

Oracle: I have no more time. You must move ahead stop the black heart! Stop it our we are all going to die.

Dalamar: You have done well Oracle. You are indeed the man with the plan. I thank you for it!

Dalamar DeSang
May 30th, 2005, 10:52:43 PM
Now knowing what he must do the Warlord continued toward the Black Heart. His instructions where clear 'kill the heart and stop the Assyrians power.'

Dalamar approached the base of the gleaming tower his swords still drawn in anticipation. The thunder now rattled his teeth and shook the ground. He had arrived at the two blood red doors his goal was in sight. There at the top of the door jams where the glowing yellow eyes of fiendishly carved demons. There eyes moved and glowered as they followed Dalamars path.

He approaced closer and there mouths opened in a silent scream as if to warn him. His ears filled with raw hatred that spewed out of them. Dalamar did his best to ignore them and pay them no mind as he pushed the doors open. A howl echoed loudly bouncing off the walls the demons would not be ignored. The wind rushed in from the outside to enter into the room. They had created a vacumm. It pulled him in slowly. Dalamar went with the flow and walked in. The Demons screamed on in frustration. There curses and promise's of Death to him, his family and all he knew if he continued.... This angered the Dark Lord he turned back and cut the face's to bits. They would curse no more.

There in the center of the room was exactly what the Oracle had warned him. A large black beating heart. Veins covered the thing as it pulsed in and out. You could feel the heaviness in the room. An oppresion that was overpowering. There where diamonds floating above the heart in a triangular pattern. You could see light and energy pouring into the heart thru the diamonds. The Diamonds focused the energy of the Pylons that lit up inside and outside the structure as more and more power was sent into the past. Dalamar braced himself as he moved closer to his destiny. One of the legs of power that held the Assryian up would now end.

As he neared closer. He heard a pitiful voice in his head and heart. "Help me Dalamar Lord of the Dark, please help me." It caused the anger to melt out of him. The heart was speaking, it was still alive. The Vampyre paused this was after all the Father of them all.

Not knowing how to proceed Dalamar spoke. "What do you want of me?" DeSang asked.

"Please come closer and I will tell you. I am weak and can not keep this up for long." The Heart echoed like thunder but did sound weak. "Thru great trickery and a sorcerer named Goen T. Kilmore. I have been imprisoned here a slave to Daniel's whims." Again he asked "Please help me get free."

The Warlord walked closer. "I am here speak." Dalamar said.

As he moved in knowledge and history started filling Dalamar's mind it was a painful burst and it brought him to his knee's. The Heart roared like thunder and the room lit up like the sun!!!
"Give me the sword!!!" The blob of heart leaped closer but its many restraints kept it fast. "I must have the sword!! Daniel and Kilmore must pay for what they have done to me. Give me the sword it is mine!!"

The Bloodsword on his back seemed to move into his hand without his knowledge. Dalamar moved instinctively hacking at the blood filled heart. Anything to stop the pain in his head the lost memorie's where to much to bare. Massive amounts of blood sprayed the wall of the room. He covered his eye's from the blinding light. The Bloodlust filled the vampyre as he leapt to the kill. DeSang and the blood sword carved a deadly path. Slaying the "First" locked in its moorings. Using the force he spoke to the creature. "You and your sword will be reunited but not in the way that you had hoped!"

'The Blood Sword' and Dalamar where drenched in the blackness of the still beating black heart. Dalamar climbed on top of it and continued to hack at it. It hissed and shook violently. It thrashed free of its mooring and still Dalamar attacked. It rolled and was starting to crush Desang against the wall. It pulsed with black intent. It lusted for the Sword. It longed for the weapon the vampyre held. Dalamar gave it what it wanted plunging it deep into the center of the heart. In its death throes it let out a satisfied sigh..... Reunited at last. It spoke again. "Thank you, for to long have I hoped for death. The Sword and blood have kept me in thrall all these many years. I give you my legacy, my inheritance the knowledge of untold millenia use it well and bring an end to the "Assryian" and Kilmore his mad Magician." The heart beat softer and softer, then it died. The light went out of the room and the place went dark. Dalamar rocked unsteadily as memories, date's uncounted lifetime's filled him mind.. Blood came out of his ears his nose the pain.. He dropped to his knee's a second time. He was just trying to hold his head on. The vampyre knew the truth the first was just trying to incite him with the first attack. If he had hit him with the full force of this transfer Devious would have been helpless to fight him. As it was he laid on the cold flood tiles for four hours just trying to breathe. Another hour before he could stand. With enough time he would assimilate all the information. But right now he had to do his best to put it out of his thoughts. He had work to do..

That job accomplished a portal opened up behind him. Throbbing all over he tried to walk painfully. Dalamar was breathing heavy, he was very nearly exhausted. How long had this gone on without rest? The pain in his arm throbbed again with a life of its own. He sighed heavily, leaning on the sword. It was not right that the First had died so but at least his knowledge was not lost. It was another in a list of crimes that the Assryian would pay for. he stepped back to the chest board and the final square. This had to be finished.

Dalamar DeSang
Jun 14th, 2005, 09:37:47 AM
The future Oracle knew what to do. Dalamar took the next step without hesitation. By now he seemed to know exactly where to step to avoid the final trap. Maybe a final gift from the first.

The present Limbo Master spoke his old Mantra. "I am the man with the plan, come shake my hand." DeSang looked up covered in blood and the wound throbbing from his arm. "Send me to my tomb 100 yrs before the arrival of Tiberious Kinslayer." The Oracle smiled "But of Course." Limbo swirled into a vortex as another hole appeared in the sky before the Vampyre.

Gritting his teeth at all his ache's and pains he leaped thru to his own tomb. He had to find Dak's lost daughter. He would not let the Assryian have her. He had hurt enough people.

Dalamar DeSang
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:18:24 PM
Dalamar was placed at the Entrance. Even though he had only been here once before this was different. That event had not yet happened. He was not so foolish to as to forget that him and Sting barely escaped then with there lives. The Tomb was booby trapped. The Father had sealed up the book and Dalamar for future safekeeping against all seekers. The traps where quite formidable. Even for a Vampyre Warlord...

He floated in the void of space on a asteroid that had been his resting place for many years. There was an artificial enviroment and even Dalamar did not know how it was maintained. Knowing what he did now he often wondered what the Father had planned? He was the one that put him here. Why place him here and the book? What was his purpose? There was no answers and DeSang wondered if the Father knew? It would certainly explain his foresight in placing the book here.

He walked towards the archway of his former and current resting place. Lined on both sides of the arch where two statue's like sentinels they stood silent in the void. One was of Dalamar with a shiny brass sun behind his head and the Assyrian with a silver moon. They represented there repective titles. DeSang was "Lord of the Dawn" the Assryian "Fist of Darkness." He stepped lightly not taking his eye's from the Assryian statue.

Both held swords carved in the old style. The stone was chipped and ancient from its long time in space. It was all covered in space dust. Pulling the sword off his back DeSang gritted his teeth and entered. His weapon probed in front of him removing the cobwebs. No one had entered here in a verrrrry long time. The silence hung in the air like a death sentence.

The corridor was cool and drafty, imitation light sconces hung in the wall illuminating the way. He looked with pride at the old vampyre art.. artistic friezes and small porcelain figures adorned the walls. Styles and beauty that had not existed for thousands of years could still be found here. Two piece's caught his eye specifically. One was of a human king bowing before the Father the Emperor of all Vampyre's. It tickled the back of his mind as if he had seen it a hundred time's across a hundred worlds. How did the Vampyre nation fall? He shook himself at more lost memories. The second one was not anything near as grand but equally potent. It showed the story of DeSang. His love of a human woman and its eventual downfall. It was played out on the wall like a tragic reminder of the past to the Dark Lord.

Dalamar focused his mind away from the art. He was not here to gaze at the past but to save Dak's daughter... The real dangers of the tomb lay just ahead. He would need to be fully focused to get past them.

Dalamar DeSang
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:52:21 AM
His soft soled boots made there way carefully leaving prints in the dust. His memory of the last time helped him avoid many of the traps that before he had tripped. Still he tensed he knew this place was a death trap. Again his mind wandered who was the Father trying to keep out? Was this just his normal actions? Somehow Devious doubted it.

The mosaics and frieze's covered the walls. Gems and gold covered the floor. DeSang knew better. An obvious trap for any greedy fool. He remembered that he had had to physically restrain Sting from reaching for it. He chuckled to himself no doubt Sting thought he was trying to keep it for himself. No, even Sting was not that big a fool. Still he moved on. His muscles tensing ready to move at a moments notice. Placing his feet carefully and looking around at everything at once. He was careful not to touch anything that he didn't have to to get to the tomb. He took another step then heard a telltale 'click'. He froze he heard some mechanism moving and making a loud rumbling noise. A sound like metal scraping together. Still he did not move. What was going on? Sweat poured down his pale vampyre face...He must save the little girl.

Dalamar DeSang
Oct 5th, 2005, 01:46:42 PM
A buzzing sound was getting louder in his ears. To stand here would be certain death and to run would be an equally bad idea. Dalamar knew he had to make a decision fast. He stepped quick and light trying to keep his eye's on everything as he made his way to the door at the end of the long hall. Stone scraped against stone as a section of the hall wall behind him slid out blocking his back pathway.

"Black Hearts!!" he cursed and started to move a little faster. The wall made more grinding noise's as it protruded curved spike's from the wall. Dalamar wondered what the wall was meant to do? Impale him? It was to far away.

He moved as fast as he could there was no more time to be careful. As he ran the floor dropped out from under him, he leaped barely catching the far edge. His small dagger was used to help pull him out of the hole. The Hall shook and the far wall with the spike's started to move towards him. He didn't have to be a genius to know that if he had moved slower he would be resting in the bottom of the pit right now. Also the wall moving closer to him now made the reason for the spike's apparent.

He ran toward's the door with all his might. Black tarred spears flew from the wall narrowly missing him. He could hear more and more machine's of death firing up. The Vamprye Lord was on the verge of panic. He reached the door. It had a window at the top inside a red columned frame. A door handle in the shape of a skull that grinned. He reached for it and stopped himself. The wall behind him moved closer. Jumping up he braced his legs against the side walls and broke the window with the hilt of the dagger he still held. As soon as the glass shattered he leapt thru the hole. He tumbled and rolled looking behind him.

The Door was there barely seen. There was a stone slab between the door and the room. A dead end to anyone who would have taken that way. He heard the crunching of the wall outside as it met with the door in a fatal crunch of stone and spikes.

Heaving a sigh of relief, he stopped to catch his breath. He leaned against the wall even his endurance stretched to its limit. This place WAS a death trap he was going to have to be very careful...

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 24th, 2006, 12:39:13 AM
The tunnel narrowed down as he headed into the depth's It looked as if he had bypassed most of the dangers. But knowing the Father he would not relax his guard. It would be just like the Father to kill you as you leave the exit.

He came to a branch off one left and one right turn.. There was no way to tell which way to go so he just turned right. His guantlet glowed in the pitch darkness adding to his night vision. Suddenly he could hear a voice. It was the Father!!! An ancient recording. The vampyre tougue!! It had been so long since he heard it in it's pure form unduluted by time and failing memories. He spoke of Dalamar and his fall. He spoke a warning to those that entered here. His hand would find them across the age's. Dalamar listened but the Father was gone. He could not reach out and strike anyone, anymore from the long dark.

He spoke of the First. He spoke of the Queen. He spoke of time's past and of great glories. Dalamar got a little choked up listening. This was after all his Father, his creator. He missed him even though he had wanted Mishca dead. Devious knew it was just beyond his realm of understanding why Dalamar could love a human female. The Father of all vampyre's and in the end he had taken care of Dalamar Prince of the Dawn. Sealed him away in a solid gold casket and placed him in this place until such a time as he was healed and could be revived. But something had happened and the Father never came back for me. Why? The General feared he would never know. Time had taken away all answers.. He was only here to save the little girl now.

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 7th, 2006, 10:33:47 PM
Dalamar pulled out his swords as he descended even deeper into the depth's. He used them to remove the cobwebs that now covered his path. Night beetle's and other bugs scurried in the darkness. Where had they taken the child and how did they bypass all the traps. If he knew them they teleported right into the sepulchre. Why hadn't he thought of that. He was wasting time!

The webs grew so thick that he really had to work the sword to get past them. An odd thought had just occured to him. Him and Sting had not had to go through any webbing and there had been footprints. At the time they had wondered who's they where. He now realized that he was cutting a path for himself in the future also. It made him wonder at the tricks of time travel and how they played out again and again.

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 20th, 2006, 12:36:29 PM
Dalamar saw a light up ahead and he made his way down slowly. Glow orbs floated in the room keeping it illuminated. A couple sputtered casting shadows. I guess even Glow orbs must deteriote over 1800 year's. The room was undisturbed. How was that possible? The realization donned on him. The Oracle had made up for his stupidity and made him arive before the other's. With another pause in the ongoing search he decided to sit down and just rest. The pain in his arm from the wound and the throbbing in his head from the burst of memories that the Black Heart had forced on him, came back with full force.

He ached from head to toe and he wasn't even half way there. What began as a simple quest to find his hidden past had turned into a mission of universal importance. He took out a small salve that he had in his belt pouch and applied it to the festering wound. What kind of evil had spawned that dog that the wound would not heal? He had no doubt that the Assryian had had a hand in that. He probably came from the Well of Hell just like Legion. Dalamar breathed in slowly his eye's where getting heavy. He tried to look around the room. His body layed nearby in its heavily gilded gold coffin. He wondered what would happen if he went over and woke himself up.

No, even he knew better than mess with time. Not mention any progress that he had made. Beside's there where already enough version's of himself running around. It was starting to get confusing even to him. There was a solid gold sun placed in the wall. It lay over his coffin a ransom in gold if the Dark Lord cared about such a thing. His title was emblazoned on the crest. "Lord of the Dawn." Supposedly Dalamar was able to walk in the Sun. By what mean's he had not figured out. The only way he could do it currently was to be fully armored Sith Style.

The tomb was elaborate. Statue's and carvings filled the room. Then off to the corner there was something that had not been there when he and Sting had come. There in a section all it's own was another smaller sarcophagus all done in silver with slight golden highlights. He rushed to see with renewed vigor. Who could be buried here with him? He looked underneath the glass and his heart leaped into his chest. It was not Mischa. Suddenly the memories came back unbidden. The Assyrian pulled her close stealing her soul. Leaving only her body. The pain in his heart far outreached his body as he clutched the glass wishing only to hold her again.

Dalamar woke with a dim awareness of where he was. He did not know how long he had been there but somehow in his weariness and bone tired sadness he had fallen asleep. he was resting on the empty sarcophagus. How long had he been out? He did not know, but he was glad that no one had found him like that. Marrina could not afford for him to be so careless

He was thankful for the rest he did not think it was possible to be that tired. Dalamar looked at the empty sarcophagus and wondered what or who had this one been for. Next to the sarcophagus was a Marker {A memory flashed unbidden it was something that the Father use to use to hold information. Where had that memory come from? Suddenly he remembered the Black Heart and the pain that had subsided in his head. He looked over at his tomb suddenly there it was his Marker stick. There was his story!! The thing he had longed for since his awakening and it was within reach. He got up, finnally something good would come from all the pain that he had to endure. Destroying the Black Heart and having the painful past forced upon him would help him. The thoughts where jumbled in his head he would need time and contemplation to sort them all out and bring back what was lost.

He moved toward his Marker when suddenly he heard a loud BOOM. Oh no, he thought within himself they are here. He growled inwardly he would get little Marrina back. Dak's daughter would be returned to her whole....

Dalamar DeSang
Apr 3rd, 2006, 01:32:30 PM
His past would have to wait.. Marrina was all that matter now. He would not bring that kind of heartache of Dak if he could help it..

He had suffered himself had lived with way to much pain. Deep in his heart he wanted the little girl to laugh and play like little children should!! He would get her back to her father and heaven help who tried to stop him.

He pulled his swords and backed into the shadows waiting for the tormentors. Looking to the many entrance's to the tomb he wondered how they where going to get down here safely... There had to be a secret way. The Father would not walk that gauntlet of death and neither would the Assryian.. He was probably here in person when they laid me here.

Easing his swords into his hand. He rolled them around in his palm then he gripped them firmly. They came in pushing the little girl Marrina before them. She fell down in front of them skinning her palms and knee's. Devious was proud of her she did not cry she just wiped her hands and stood up. His anger flared up at whoever had done this they where going to pay. They entered three Large Reavers.

Dalamar DeSang
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:02:08 PM
Reavers!! They looked strong too. They where specially trained and powerful. Some where not very smart though. Most Reavers led the Slithe when a Slithe Masters where not availaible. Mostly they took care of the various large beast's that the Father had used in his many wars.

They all wore the small red vests of there office. Dalamar found it interesting that some things had not changed in a few thousand years. Suddenly the temple was filled with music. A melody that no ears had heard in many, many years. The music pulled at his memories as a image started to form in his head. He shook it off. He had a buisness of killing to do and it would not do to be distracted. Reavers skin was notoriously tough. It would take almost all his strength just to penetrate there tough hide.

He steeled himself ready to fight like he never had. When he gave a quick glimpse around the corner he was relieved to see there was no need. The three Reaver's where gone they had left the little girl all alone. He did not know what was going on but he rushed over to Marrina. "Marrina are you okay, honey." she jumped and smiled her face lit up the dark room. "Ohh, Dalamar I knew you would come for me." She flung her arms around his neck and squeezed tight. "It's okay Marrina I will get you out of here."

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 6th, 2006, 08:32:48 AM
He grabbed Marrina and then remembered the fateful warning that JO K. Rolling had given him. He quickly carved page 32 on the wall as fast as he could. Sweat started to pour down his face in anticipation of wanting to get Marrina to safety but leaving the all important message that would complete the time loop before the Reavers returned. anxiety was building as he worked as quick as he could to finish and leave.

"WHAT IS THIS!!" Dalamar heard a gutteral voice shout behind him. His worse fears where realized as one of the Reaver's had come back down to check on the little girl. He turned and with viper like speed pulled his sword out and down onto the shoulder blade of the Reaver. It bounced off of him like a rain drop barely cutting his thick hide. He backhanded Dalamar across the chest like he was a nuisance to him. Dalamars armor took most of the force but still it sent the vampyre sprawling across his own tomb.

Rising to his feet as fast as he could he bumped his glass coffin. Devious did not know what would have happened had he awakened himself.. It would be dangerous to say the least. The animalistic cry of his enemy did not give him much time to think on matters as he moved to attack. The Reaver did not hesitate it moved fast for its massive size it raked its claws against the vampyre's ebony armor. Marrina was huddled in a corner her fears had returned. Dalamar could not blame her. His fetid hot breath was more that enough for even him. Hunger blazed in its eyes as it tried to feed on Devious. Dal was able to kick him off and they circled each other warily. DeSang's blade's where reinforced enough to pierce him and the Reaver knew it.

So much for getting a stupid one DeSang thought. But its heavy claws and teeth where just as deadly. So they where at somewhat of a stale mate. Suddenly dumb luck played its part in the Reavers favor. A golden rodded candlestick rolled behind the Vampyre's footing causing him to fall backwards. He leaped to the attack ready to take any advantage. His mouth was open and snarling trying to bite Dalamar in his neck as he had done to many others. It would have been an ironic way to die.

With his rancid breath in his face and his snapping teeth like a steel trap. Dalamar spared a glance for Marrina huddled in the corner scared. It stirred something in him and inspiration struck like lightning. Without any further thought he jumped to action and shoved his guantleted fist in the Reavers huge mouth. He started to bite and gnaw in hunger at his hand. Dalamar ignored the pain and the blood as he fired his small grappling hook from his mangled hand. The compression fired and the hook exploded down the Reavers throat and out the back of his head. Blood and brain matter covered the wall where he had started carving page 32. It qurked a memory in him. It also made him smile "So that's how the blood had gotten on the wall."

Grabbing Marrina's hand he summoned the portal hole and ran to jump thru back to the safety of the board and Limbo, as safe as you could get in limbo anyways....

Dalamar DeSang
Dec 16th, 2006, 08:10:10 AM
Steam rose off there bodies as they reamerged on the board. The Crushing weight of Limbo was around them once again. He took Marrina's hand as they stepped up to the Oracle. Dalamar reached out and shook his hand. "Your the man with the plan and 'thanks'. The Oracle seemed oddly satisfied. He looked down at Marrina and then back to Dalamar. "Keep her safe Dark Lord she has a bigger part in this than you will know. Time will reveal all things but for now heed my advice. The Oracle waved his hand and the tree where the mad dog hung changed.

"Go and fill these bags with water. You now have to cross the great Desert and you will need all your strength for the trip. Rest by the tree for it was one of many special tree's that use to reside here before the Assryian and the Father took over Limbo. Now only this one and the Great Tree remain. Cross the desert to the Great Tree and beyond to the Keep of the Assryian I wish you both luck..." Dalamar had questions but they would have to wait until he was rested. His wound festered and he was tired so tired.. he practically fell at the Oasis that the Oracle created. He fell asleep quickly Marrina tucked close to him..

Dalamar DeSang
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:14:57 AM
When he woke up he looked around the Oasis and the tree. If what the Oracle has said was true this tree was a pale imitation of the one across the dessert he was to cross and find. He didn't know how this was possible the tree was large and beautiful. Its fragrance was sweet and light and filled with with longing for what he did not know. Maybe for better times. He filled his bags to bursting with water for Marrina, while he himself found some small game to fill his needs hopefully for the extended trip. Pouring the water on the wound seemed to help a little bit. Marrina though young reached out and touched the raw wound gently. "Does it hurt much Dal?" He told her it was nothing he didn't want her to worry. Satisfied for now she fell asleep by the tree like the innocent child that she was.

As she lie there sleeping DeSang realized what a perfect little angel she was and that she shouldn't have to suffer the evils and indignities of the Assryian. Why did he want her dead? Or involved in there private buisness? Why would the Oracle say she was so important? He had a feeling he would find out sooner or later...

Dalamar DeSang
Jun 4th, 2008, 10:42:22 PM
As soon as Marrina awakened and her pack was filled they started there journey. The Dessert was just as deadly as any other. The false sun burning like a real one. They rested during the day on a primitive lean to that Dal had made and travelled during the night. Soon the barren land started to take a toll on the little girls spirits. Dal played sticks and stones with her to keep her entertained but that did not last long as the endless dessert seemed to stretch on and on indefinately. About the middle of the 5th day they where pretty tired the little one fell asleep immediately when Dalamar had called for a rest. With her sleeping fitfully in the shade he went to hunt for food. His face was well wrapped and the sun though hot enough was not a true solar event that a vampyre would need to fear. He hunted for any small game that the child could eat. Blood for him and the flesh for her. Nothing was wasted in the dessert.

Another day in the hot sun. Marrina was starting to get black cirlcles under her eyes and Dalamar had taken to carrying her now. She only walked every other day and even then mostly Dal carried her. Her little arms wrapped around his neck as she nestled in finding comfort in the Vampyre's cool skin. The Dessert never seemed to end. Endless moutains of sand streched out before them. They walked by many bones of the bleached and dead. One was so huge that Dalamar walked down its ribcage. What kind of creature was this and how did it get in the dessert? He supposed he would never know. Marrina was very brave she never cried even though Dal was beginning to fear he was losing her. He skin was to pasty. She needed water and the Vampyre also would need sustenance soon. He made her comfortable they where both to tired they would rest this night. He had found a small nest of Lizards. The blood for him and the meat for her. He gave her close to the last of the water. They had to get out soon they couldn't last more than a few more days....

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 2nd, 2009, 03:13:37 PM
Dalamar was starting to sense the logic of the Assryian in putting his keep in the middle of this dessert. Who would be able to brave this trek and arrive in full health and ability to seige it. He feared that he would be a shallow version of himself if he ever did arrive. Marrina was fading fast and if water was not found he would have to do the right thing by her and end it fast. Still he held out hope that they would overcome. Trudging thru the dessert was proving harder and harder even for the vampyre. Soon Marrina seem to weigh more than even he could bare to keep carrying. So soon both there weakness would overtake them.. He feared that moment but for now he still had enough strength maybe 2 or 3 more days at the most then he would be forced to do what he dreaded. She slept soundly needing rest more than Dal. His body was to dry for even tears he knew would go unshed. If he had to do what was necessary. He swallowed, his mouth dry, it made him cough. He prayed to whomever would listen that it please wouldn't come to that.......weary and slumped over his throat was course. Finding no comfort from his situation he finally and fitfully fell asleep.