PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Celebration III

JMK
Jan 14th, 2004, 06:21:22 PM
Word has it that an announcement is coming sometime before the end of January concerning the 3rd SW Celebration. It's supposed to be in Indianapolis again, a nice mid point of the U.S. for everyone to converge on. :)

Anyone plan on going?

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 14th, 2004, 06:39:11 PM
I am!! I went to Ep 2 con. It was awesome!! Hoping to get a few of my online friends to come along....

Darth McBain
Jan 15th, 2004, 09:43:10 AM
I would love to go - though I don't know if it will happen with work schedules and such... On the other hand, this will be the SW Celebration for the last SW movie - there's something to be said for that... And I've got some family in Indiana, so it might make a nice vacation...

Ahhh - decisions, decisions... :huh

Jedieb
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:08:15 PM
I went to the last one and I had a great time. I'll probably go to this next one as well. I may even take the boy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 17th, 2004, 06:17:54 PM
:mad why not take the girl??

;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 17th, 2004, 09:55:35 PM
I am going to try to go, I need to see the cost and try to set some money away for it.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:00:37 PM
I think I paid like $30/day to get in. Anyone here the date of it yet?

Ishan Shade
Jan 21st, 2004, 12:21:34 PM
Celebration III is supposedly going to be in Indy again??

JMK
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:51:42 PM
Yessir. :)

JediBoricua
Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:47:44 AM
I'm definetly going.

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:42:55 AM
I definetly hope to be there.

Ishan Shade
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:46:14 AM
What are the dates?

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:55:59 AM
Supposed to be April 22-24, 2005. (duh)

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:29:56 PM
You're absolutely positive on the date?

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:59:32 PM
I'm positive that's the rumored date. ;)

Ishan Shade
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:56:30 PM
Man, I would love to go to this. If only school and work would allow for such things. :\

JMK
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:59:28 PM
It's official!!!
And they've made it a day longer than the previous celebrations!

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/01/news20040123.html

April 21-24, no details on the events have been released as of yet.

Ishan Shade
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:04:43 PM
w00t!

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:16:29 PM
My fiance and I are going in costume, part of the 501st.Com group. Is anyone else here going to be dressed up?

JMK
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:10:53 PM
I'll be lucky if I manage to get there, never mind getting dressed up! :lol

James Prent
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:35:15 PM
Was intending to get a slave Leia costume to go see the movie in.

Won't be at Celebration III though. :(

Sanis Prent
Mar 24th, 2004, 01:18:31 AM
Too far away. Too much money. :(

Jedieb
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:39:22 AM
I got my hotel through the fan club and I have to say I was very pleased. It was within walking distance of the convention and was just over $100 bucks a night. I'm going to try to get the same accomodations again if I can.

JMK
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:59:17 AM
When you get the hotel info, let me know where it is. I've got to take some initiative and get my rear to Indy next May.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:54:42 AM
I am going to do so too. I doubt I can afford 100 bucks a night, I am sure there are cheaper hotels some where in Indy.

Darth McBain
Apr 6th, 2005, 09:11:17 AM
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/04/news20050405c.html

From the Official Site - George Lucas himself will be there at the convention. I won't be able to go :( , but for those of you lucky enough to go - enjoy - and take/post pictures...

JMK
Apr 6th, 2005, 09:22:30 AM
Yeah, get some good shots of him!

Oh what I would give to be there!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 02:18:37 PM
Originally posted by JMK
When you get the hotel info, let me know where it is. I've got to take some initiative and get my rear to Indy next May.

What happened to this?? :)

JMK
Apr 6th, 2005, 03:14:13 PM
That was a full year ago. That JMK is dead.

And broke. :cry

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2005, 05:52:48 PM
Yeah me too I was hoping to go myself but in the same boat although I probably have the money just don't have the time that week which really sucks I wish I could go.

Jedieb
Apr 6th, 2005, 08:16:22 PM
I got my flight and hotel set up months ago. I'm really pysched about Lucas being there. I knew McCallum would show up but I never expected Lucas to be able to make time for the show. I don't care how long that line is, I'm going to be in it. I'll be sure to get some pictures and have them up that night.

So, no one else is planning on going?

Darth McBain
Apr 6th, 2005, 08:21:02 PM
I'd love to - but money, time, and 8 month old daughter say otherwise...

JMK
Apr 7th, 2005, 06:46:15 AM
I'm going to sit back and assume that in true Lucas style this will NOT be the last celebration. I'm sure that something will happen for the next big anniversary, maybe in 2007 if that's when he releases all of the movies.

Jedieb
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:30:26 AM
Well, this will be the line I'll be in Saturday morning.

Star Wars creator/writer/director George Lucas, who will be making a rare convention appearance at Star Wars Celebration III, will answer fans' questions at three sessions on Saturday, April 23 at the Indiana Convention Center.

Lucas will start early on Saturday, with the first of three half-hour sessions starting at 8:45 a.m. He'll answer questions about creating the Star Wars saga, in particular his experiences making Revenge of the Sith. Rick McCallum, producer of the Star Wars prequels, will join Lucas on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia. Audience members will have a chance to ask their own questions.

Stage Times:
8:45 -- 9:15 a.m.
9:35 -- 10:05 a.m.
10:25 -- 10:55 a.m.
Sagamore Ballroom, 2nd floor
All shows will seat from the north doors and exit from the east doors. The audience will exit at the end of each show. The Sagamore Ballroom seats approximately 3,300 people.

Seating System
# There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.
# Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.
# Approximately 70% of the first-show seating will be from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line. To sign up for the Fan Club, visit the Hyperspace/Insider booth in the Registration area before Saturday.
# Show management plans to count and identify people with a visible marker between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Be sure to be in the line at that time. If you miss the count you will not have another opportunity to get an identification marker. There will be no holding places for others in line.
# If you do not have the provided identification you will not be allowed on the second floor until after the final show has been seated, or at about 10:30 a.m.
# You must have a valid Celebration III badge, which you should obtain before Saturday. It is doubtful that people will be able to purchase a badge Saturday morning in time to get in line for one of the shows.
# Once all are seated for the first show, queuing will start for the second show.
# Approximately 70% of the seating for the second show will come from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line.
# 2nd show guests who have received an identification marker will then enter the building, go upstairs, and into the queue on the second floor.
# Third show guests will be given identification markers: 30% from the Fan Club line and 70% from the non-member line.
# Doors will open to all Fan Club members for early entry to the rest of Celebration III at 9 a.m.
# At approximately 9:25 a.m. those Fan Club members with identification markers will be allowed upstairs to queue.
# At about 9:30 a.m., those in the non-member line with identification markers will be allowed into the Convention Center, and should proceed up the stairs to the queue for the third and final show. The doors will open to the rest of the non-member line at the normal time of 10 a.m.

The R2-D2 Builders' Room and Star Wars in Pop Culture, both on the second floor, will open at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.

Times or schedules may change. Please check the onsite schedule and the screens at the Information Booth to confirm the exact time, date, and location of George Lucas' appearances at Celebration III.

3 shows, 3,300 seats each show with over 25,000 people attending the convention. Hell, the number could be closer to 50,000 for all I know. The line for that first show will be a nightmare. They'll probably let people line up inside the building as soon as they walk through the doors. Which means the earlier you get in line outside the convention center that morning the quicker you can get your spot. Great, I'll have to get a wake up call for at least 5AM that morning.:x

JMK
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:51:24 AM
I'd go earlier than that bro! As a matter of fact, I don't know if I'd sleep at all that night!

Jedieb
Apr 15th, 2005, 02:42:55 PM
Lucas will be answering questions for about a half hour. You usually get to submit your question or there's some kind of procedure for getting chosen to ask a question. Any ideas what to ask if I'm lucky enough to get a question?

"Honestly, no one told you Jar Jar wasn't funny and a waste of $20,000,000?" This question need not be suggested, it's too obvious.

JMK
Apr 15th, 2005, 02:50:29 PM
Aside from obvious questions like "What is the future of Star Wars?", "What changes will you make to the OT?", "What were you thinking with Jar-Jar?" I think I'd like to know why he let others direct ESB and RotJ and wouldn't let other directors handle the Prequels. I know he'll say he had other things going and didn't have the time to direct, but the question is more a jab at his directorial skills other than learning about his past schedule.

Jedieb
Apr 16th, 2005, 09:47:21 PM
And then Lucasfilm security will have me dragged away in chains! I don't want a question that's a slam, even a mild one. I just can't think of any one thing to ask him if I get the chance. I was thinking of something along the lines of ;
"Can you think of a few ways ANH would have been different if you could have made it today with digital technology?"
Or
"Okay, does it always have to be flannel? I mean, there are OTHER fabrics out there."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 16th, 2005, 10:57:35 PM
Well, I'll be there bright and early Sat morning!! Hopefully, able to get into one of his shows...

JMK
Apr 17th, 2005, 02:26:56 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
And then Lucasfilm security will have me dragged away in chains! I don't want a question that's a slam, even a mild one. I just can't think of any one thing to ask him if I get the chance. I was thinking of something along the lines of ;
"Can you think of a few ways ANH would have been different if you could have made it today with digital technology?"
Or
"Okay, does it always have to be flannel? I mean, there are OTHER fabrics out there."

I think in a way that asking him how ANH would be different with digital technology is alot like asking him what changes he's going to make. ;)

Jedieb
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:22:17 PM
Exactly........ ;)