PDA

View Full Version : What Star Wars Movie was your favorite?

ADarksideJedi
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:37:21 PM
I like "The Ruturn to the Jedi" the best it is the best one and best of all Han Sole is saved from being frozen!What movie do u like the best?JACKIE

Lady Winter
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:13:50 AM
I would have to say Empire Strikes Back is my favorite of the original trilogy. I like the darker theme of the movie, and that the good guys don't really win. Also, I think the music of Empire Strikes Back was the best of the original trilogy.

As for the Prequels, I like Attack of the Clones best. It's just kickass. I love the look into the Jedi temple, and I especially like the scene with Yoda and the Younglings. I like that you get a small glimpse into life at the Jedi temple, and I especially like the end.

TEEPO™
Dec 23rd, 2003, 05:05:51 AM
A New Hope. The characterisation was perfect; the story ark was brilliant. Everything in this episode was just ace.

For the PT, it would have to be Attack of the Clones.

Vice
Oct 23rd, 2004, 10:45:00 AM
My faviorite is deffanentlly Attack of the clones because the way Anakins characther is played.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:12:38 AM
I'd imagine there are several of these threads in here, but what the hell.

My favorite is The Empire Strikes Back, followed closely by Return of the Jedi. Empire is a massive step forward from A New Hope. ANH is somewhat dated now, it doesn't hold it's own quite as well as it used to in my view. I still enjoy it, but Empire has a maturity about it which I appreciate a lot more. It flows perfectly, the acting is spot on and it still looks amazing to this day.

Jedi I like a lot, I think it gets way too much stick. Granted, the Ewoks are terrible, the Jabba parts are somewhat silly, the plot is rehash of ANH, but the film retains a certain maturity - the Luke, Vader and the Emperor scenes in particular are excellent, along with the space battle. Probably the best score too.

The Prequels . . . well the less said about them, the better.

Darth23
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:32:27 PM
What a terribly unfair question.

Star Wars - ANH will always be the top, imo.

I like ROTJ more than ESB, but ESB has grown on me. Seeing in in the theaters left me with a horrible 'that IS?' feeling when I saw it.

There was nothing worse than that 3 year wait for Jedi.

I'm a fas of the prequels (so far). I liked Clones but I really liked TPM - warts and all. The first time seeing it was pretty amazing.

Droo
Nov 2nd, 2004, 01:55:13 PM
The Phantom Menace.

Hart
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:31:20 AM
Attack of the Clones and Empire Strikes Back are a tie

Aaron
Nov 14th, 2004, 02:42:09 PM
My favorite is episode 1

Yog
Nov 14th, 2004, 02:57:22 PM
My favorite is ANH, closely followed by ESB. ANH is better in standalone perspective. ESB is better as a chapter in continuing story

Charley
Nov 14th, 2004, 07:34:45 PM
ESB, then RotJ, followed closely by AotC and ANH in a tie. Phantom Menace trailing by a significant distance.

Loki Ahmrah
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:55:29 PM
Ok, I'll answer honestly this time:

ANH then ESB then ROTJ then AOTC then finally TPM.

DarthVader_Sith_Lord
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:41:54 PM
I would have to say Return Of The Jedi. I love the amount of action in it.

Atreyu
Nov 27th, 2004, 08:44:38 PM
I used to always say that ESB was my favourite, but a rewatch of ANH some time ago (for the first time in a few years) reminded me of how good (and funny! :) ) the original was.

So, like Yog, ANH for standalone, ESB for continuing story.

Jedieb
Dec 20th, 2004, 11:19:12 PM
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
AOTC
Spaceballs
Hardware Wars
The Ewok Movie
The Second Crappy Ewok Movie
The Star Wars Holiday Special
TPM

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2004, 12:10:32 PM
oooh burn! TPM after the holiday special?!

Owch.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2004, 12:45:05 PM
Mine would resemble Ebs' list, but I'm not that harsh on TPM, damn Eb, you're cold!

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
AOTC
Spaceballs
TPM
Troops
Hardware Wars
The Ewok Movie
The Second Crappy Ewok Movie

The Star Wars Holiday Special

The empty gap represents 1,000,000,000,000 light years of quality between the second crappy ewok movie and the Holiday Special.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2004, 01:12:57 PM
Hey I don't see "Thumb Wars" on your lists. ;)

JMK
Dec 21st, 2004, 01:18:34 PM
Damn, I was hoping no one would notice.

I'll just assume that it belongs in the gap between the second crappy ewok movie and the holiday special. :)

Jedieb
Dec 21st, 2004, 08:06:10 PM
Alright, I was just kidding. Of course I'd put TPM above the Ewok movies and holiday special. But it'd end up behind the Clone Wars cartoons. And Hardware Wars is just hysterical. "Auggie Ben Doggie, you're my only hope!"

karwyn
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:42:51 PM
Empire Strikes Back, by far. Everyone I know seems to favor RotJ, though....

And tell me, am I the only person who was not fond of Attack of the Clones? Geesh. Its the only one I dont own. Yet theres tons of people on here who claim its their favorite....

JMK
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:05:42 AM
It has it's problems IMO. The same ones that plague TPM, but not to the same degree.

Serena Laran
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:19:22 PM
I had high hopes for Revenge of the Sith, but then, who doesn't? I'm salting down my hopes, because I don't want to be too disappointed.

LightKnight
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:45:59 PM
As it stands now The Phantom Menace is by far my Favorite of all five. It, in my opinion is vastly under rated. But as many have said before, I have a feeling that ROTS will blow everyone away and leave the “usual” voted best film ,TESB in the dust.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:50:20 PM
I don't share that sentiment. Empire was a fundamentally complete film, and cutting edge in so many ways. I still find the special effects palletable, not to mention the top notch direction and acting. Unless the writing and direction have improved tremendously, we're in for a slightly better film than AOTC, which I rank about even with ANH for writing and acting.

TMP was stillborn.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:24:56 AM
I doubt Empire can be touched. It simply has too much going for it, in terms of a fantastic plot, excellent characterization, the second best duel in cinema history, and the icing on the cake for me is the "I love you -- I know" ad lib, which was absolutely perfect for Solo's character.

I am going to really enjoy RotS, but I just don't see it having near the appeal of Empire.

LightKnight
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:50:28 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I don't share that sentiment. Empire was a fundamentally complete film, and cutting edge in so many ways. I still find the special effects palletable, not to mention the top notch direction and acting. Unless the writing and direction have improved tremendously, we're in for a slightly better film than AOTC, which I rank about even with ANH for writing and acting.

TMP was stillborn. While I do share your sentiments on TESB, I must disagree with your view on TPM. I feel that TPM gets unfairly criticized and mostly by those who think they know the STAR WARS universe better than Lucas himself.

Now I’m not saying you are one of those but from my experiences with those who bash it have left me with that only conclusion or they just have very bad taste. I would go through all the reasons that TPM is a superior film to any but I’m sure that that dead horse has been beaten enough. As far as AOTC, If ROTS is half the film as it ,I’ll be dancing in the aisles May19,2005. Lucas, you see has yet to disappoint me and from the spoilers I have drooled over like a fat kid in the candy store, things are looking good. I have a feeling that ROTS will be the end all STARWARS film. Of course if anyone disagrees, they do have the right to be wrong :D

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 12th, 2005, 08:54:55 AM
Originally posted by LightKnight
While I do share your sentiments on TESB, I must disagree with your view on TPM. I feel that TPM gets unfairly criticized and mostly by those who think they know the STAR WARS universe better than Lucas himself.

Now I’m not saying you are one of those but from my experiences with those who bash it have left me with that only conclusion or they just have very bad taste. I would go through all the reasons that TPM is a superior film to any but I’m sure that that dead horse has been beaten enough. As far as AOTC, If ROTS is half the film as it ,I’ll be dancing in the aisles May19,2005. Lucas, you see has yet to disappoint me and from the spoilers I have drooled over like a fat kid in the candy store, things are looking good. I have a feeling that ROTS will be the end all STARWARS film. Of course if anyone disagrees, they do have the right to be wrong :D

Jonathon?

LightKnight
Jan 12th, 2005, 09:00:14 AM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
Jonathon? Jonathon ??

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 12th, 2005, 09:23:54 AM
You sound like somebody I know

LightKnight
Jan 12th, 2005, 09:47:09 AM
JohnathonLBJ ??

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:06:03 AM
Yes

LightKnight
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:32:55 AM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
Yes never heard of him

JMK
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:36:16 AM
C'mon Buff! The gig is up. You were the only TPM honk back in the day and you're still the only one now! ;)

LightKnight
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:49:22 AM
Originally posted by JMK
C'mon Buff! The gig is up. You were the only TPM honk back in the day and you're still the only one now! ;) JMK, I’m seriously not Buffjedi, although he does intrigue me now. Me thinks you have taken one too many softballs to the head. I just can only assume he and I both share great taste's in film and women ;)

JMK
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:52:47 PM
No, you're not Buffjedi, you WERE Buffjedi. You've gotten soft. You don't hit the weights like you used to. Bea is NOT impressed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:22:52 PM
LOL so is that why for the name change :p

LightKnight
Jan 13th, 2005, 04:45:12 PM
Silly boy's :p

Jedieb
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:36:50 PM
I dont' believe this is buff. As much as I'd like to see the ol' boy back, there aren't enough spelling mistakes in LK's posts to identify him as buff.

But the TPM worshipping is INSANE! ;)

"Wizards!"

LightKnight
Jan 13th, 2005, 08:14:14 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
I dont' believe this is buff. As much as I'd like to see the ol' boy back, there aren't enough spelling mistakes in LK's posts to identify him as buff.

But the TPM worshipping is INSANE! ;)

"Wizards!" Thenk yuo,

JMK
Jan 13th, 2005, 09:16:49 PM
It's SO Buff.

He dropped the weights and hit the books.

He's all good at spelling now. ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 13th, 2005, 09:32:35 PM
This further cements my beliefs that you boys are indeed, very weird.

Not to mention you guys have cooties

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:02:44 PM
I do?
Seriously, TPM was poorly written and directed. Fin.

LightKnight
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:06:47 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I do?
Seriously, TPM was poorly written and directed. Fin. The Phantom Menace poorly written and directed?

Well, I’m stunned, no not really I have heard that before and I still for the life of me cannot find when and where the supposed bad direction and written parts emerge. Now don’t get me wrong TPM nor any other S.W move will ever be mistaken for a film such as The Godfather, although I find it to be quite a bore and the characters to be deplorable to the ninth degree. But for the most part people find the film to be of the highest standards. Now I can only assume as to what you find poorly written and directed but I’ll try and shed a little light on at least one thing most people gripe about. Now keep in mind I’m not trying to change your mind, your more than intelligent enough to make up your own mind, I’ll write this just incase there is someone out there not sure of their own thoughts and need a little clarifying.

Little Annie Skywalker, What most people do not realize that Lucas is from the old school of life. When Lucas grew up and even when he was a teenager things were more simple and kids were kids. Now a days kids the age of 8-10 either think they are 30 or at least act it. We are use to seeing kids portrayed in the cinema more mature and worldly, like the kid in THE SITH SENSE. Not always of course but we seem to take films with mature acting kids more serious and give the film more credit while not questioning it. So here we have a kid acting like a kid and people get in such a huff, well I say ; Bravo Lucas for keeping it real, well other than it being in a galaxy far far away. I could go deeper into it but I think one would get my drift.

Heck ,take the slack that Lucas gets over the love scenes in AOTC. A 17 year old kid, been around men pretty much all his life sans a few ugly women JEDI, has been in love with Padme’ for almost half his life, he’s a virgin and people expect him to be “The Ladies Man’ nay. Lucas once again kept it real and people want to trash him. I think people need to look around a bit at the world around them and they will see that Lucas’ has KEPT IT REAL!!:smokin

LightKnight
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:10:09 PM
Originally posted by JMK
It's SO Buff.

He dropped the weights and hit the books.

He's all good at spelling now. ;) Boy, if my spelling is classified as good, this Buffjedi must have been in some serious need of hooked on phonics.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2005, 07:00:30 PM
One thing of interest is what Vanity Fair had to say about TPM in the recent SW related issue. They said that the movie will be talked about longer than something like the English Patient which will be long forgotten in time to come. I have to agree there, no question with that be the case.