PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Updates

Cylon Centurion
Jul 29th, 2003, 07:42:57 PM
Sketches of the new Cylon Centurion and the Cylon Raider have just been added on the website. Come check them out at:

Cylon Centurion
http://www.galactica2003.net/cylons/centurion.shtml

Cylon Raider
http://www.galactica2003.net/cylons/raider.shtml

They are basic production sketches but they give you a good idea of the new look Cylons.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 30th, 2003, 05:15:48 PM
I thought all information related to this show was going to remain in the same thread.

And, what did theyt sketch those on? Microsoft Paint? Good to know they've got such an unlimited budget.

QuiGonJ
Jul 30th, 2003, 08:04:21 PM
Those are on a pack of cards that were handed out to everyone at the San Diego comic Con panel.. clear plastic cards with grey spots to show the suits and those art pieces.

Here's what the pack looks like on ebay, and no, that's not an auction I'm running as I think ebay is of the devil:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2185621393&category=37880#ebayphotohosting

And as he does run a Galactica site, why can't he start threads every once in a while?

Sejah Haversh
Jul 31st, 2003, 01:40:51 PM
I'm not rrying to be mean, but I really did think that we all decided that everythign BG related should be in one thread, that way we can find all in the info in one handy place.

Cylon Centurion
Jul 31st, 2003, 09:22:33 PM
Thanks Sejah. I do see your point.

Cylon Centurion
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:08:40 PM
Richard Gibbs of "Queen of the Damned" and former member of Oingo Boingo has signed on as Composer for the new Battlestar Galactica mniseries. It will be interesting to see how he interprets Stu Phillips Battlestar Galactica composition.

Cylon Centurion
Aug 7th, 2003, 09:51:02 AM
This is the image of the new Cast poster that is in the press kit shipping this week. The characters pictured in it are Starbuck, Apollo, Boomer, President Roslin, Commander Adama, Baltar, and Number Six.
/images/BSG/battcast.jpg

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:20:41 AM
NUmber Six is tall! What is she supposed to be again?

Cylon Centurion
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:32:06 AM
Number Six is the Cylon humanoid spy. There are four Cylon humanoid spies in the pilot. And of course there is the big bad robotic variety as well.

Cylon Centurion
Aug 8th, 2003, 11:58:20 PM
Hey Guys!!! If you missed last night's preview of Battlestar Galactica, I have uploaded both clips on the website. Just go the News Section to find them.

http://www.galactica2003.net

Cylon Centurion
Aug 16th, 2003, 12:57:55 PM
Interview with the voice of William "Husker" Adama from the upcoming Battlestar Galactica video game Robin Atkin Downes has been uploaded. Even Jinn's question was answered by Robin. Go check it out.
http://videogame.galactica2003.net/downes081603.htm

Cylon Centurion
Sep 13th, 2003, 11:05:28 AM
New pictures and concept drawings have been added to the website. Go the "News Section" to go to the links for each photo. Here is my favorite from the bunch called "The Cylons":

/images/BSG/thecylons.jpg

Battlestar Galactica 2003 News Section (http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/index.htm)

Cylon Centurion
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:07:14 PM
Well, the new trailer has been uploaded. You can find it here.
http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/index.htm
or
http://www.galactica2003.net/archives/media.htm

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:25:04 AM
Isn't this show airing yet? :) C'mon already!

Cylon Centurion
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:33:11 PM
Some of the CG of the Cylon Raider:
/images/BSG/cy1.jpg
Head of a Cylon Raider

/images/BSG/raidercg.jpg
2 Cylon Raiders

/images/BSG/raidercg1.jpg
Cylon Raider

/images/BSG/viperraider.jpg
Cylon Raider attacking a Viper

Battlestar Galactica 2003 (http://www.galactica2003.net)

Cylon Centurion
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:55:11 PM
Two new trailers are online. One of them shows the new Viper launch sequence.
Creation Trailer (http://www.galactica2003.net/videos/creation.htm)
Hidden Enemy Trailer (http://www.galactica2003.net/videos/hidden.htm)

Cylon Centurion
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:43:11 PM
/images/BSG/t-bgalactica.jpg

/images/BSG/t-bgalactica2.jpg

High resolution versions are available here:

Colonial Battlestar (http://www.galactica2003.net/colonials/galacticatv.shtml)

TheHolo.Net
Jan 15th, 2005, 11:27:35 AM
Yup, a little thread necromancy happeinging here, no doubt.

But....if you are any kind of sci-fi fanatic then do not under any circumstances miss this new re-imagination of Battlestar Galactica. In my opinion, after seeing the mini-series and the first 11 episodes of the new ongoing series, this is the best science fiction television ever aired.

EDIT: A snazzy little piece of extra information. The main writer behind the new Battlestar Galactica also worked on Star Trek TNG and DS9.

PS: The first two episodes aired initially last night, Friday, in a single two hour block, but will be re-aired again tomorrow, Sunday the 16th, again on Monday the 17th, and then shown individually; With the first episode "33" airing on the 18th and episode 2 "Water" on the 20th, all on the Sci-Fi channel.

Yog
Jan 15th, 2005, 01:23:41 PM
Interesting. Guess I will have to check it out then :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:51:43 PM
Yep I caught it, it is a great show. I think it is better than the original.

Rutabaga
Jan 15th, 2005, 05:47:13 PM
I was quite impressed with the miniseries, and the first 2 episodes last night were equally impressive. I love and adore the original series, as cheesy as it might have been, but this new reimagining of the story has been very successful so far. A great deal of dignity, drama, and thoughtfulness, which comes as no surprise to me since Ron Moore is one of the people at the helm. I have very high hopes for the series as a whole, and can't wait to see next week's episode with Richard Hatch. :)

Mu Satach
Jan 15th, 2005, 06:49:16 PM
The mini series blew me away... forgot to set my VCR the other night so extremely happy for the repeat on Sunday. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:05:47 AM
Just watched both episodes - they were great! Can't wait for the new one on Friday. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 18th, 2005, 11:42:18 PM
Who else thinks Gaius Baltar is the best character on the show? Even though he only thinks about himself he is still a great character who is funny and great to watch. I would compare him a lot to Dr Smith from Lost in Space.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:22:31 AM
He's great, I just can't figure out if Number Six is only in his mind... or not.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:47:54 PM
Yeah neither can I, especially in that first episode this season that whole plot made me really wonder what the heck is going on. Oh and this Friday Richard Hatch comes aboard to play a new character, that should be interesting.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:17:30 PM
Yeah I love that the original Apollo is going to be in the series. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:52:56 PM
Yeah me too I am still hoping Dirk Bendict will change his mind about the show :\

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:09:04 PM
Who else saw the two-part finale? man what an ending from the coup on the President-to Caprica Boomer being preganant and Starbuck finding Helo and her there to Adama getting shot twice by the other Boomer it was some cliffhanger. Can't wait to see where this is going to go next season. I bet Adama is still alive just will be out of comission for several episodes but I bet he will be back, not sure what will happen with the president. Maybe things will change when Starbuck brings the arrow back

Yog
Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:49:35 AM
I saw them all, including the miniseries. It was great!

Rutabaga
Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:25:12 PM
I watched my tape of last night's final episode of the season this afternoon, and I literally yelped when Boomer shot Adama. It was so incredibly unexpected, I was so focused on Adama making the comments indirectly chastising Apollo for doing what he did on Colonial One, that when it happened, I was just horrified.

Cliffhangers are a way overdone cliche, but this one completely knocked my socks off. Best cliffhanger I've ever seen in any series since The Best of Both Worlds on TNG many moons ago. I can't wait until July to see how it's all resolved.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:33:34 PM
Me too, I also hope to learn more about the Cylons. I want to see if they have a supreme leader (although it will probably be a let down and end up being a super computer). I think they think they have everything going there way and there overconfidence will be their downfall.

Mu Satach
Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:49:07 PM
very interesting... very

wondering now will we get two boomer's running around on the Galactica? or will one or maybe both bite it

hmmmmmmmm very interesting indeed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 2nd, 2005, 11:13:05 PM
Jinn - I did the same thing when I watched it today. I jumped and yelped. :lol I totally didn't expect Boomer's betrayal! I figured she would have done something on the base star if she was going to.

And I'm expecting that the Battlestar-Sharon will be killed, as per every other Cylon they've uncovered. Especially after the attempt on Adama's life. Whether or not Helo and Starbuck take the other Sharon off Caprica with them is something else. I'm assuming they will.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 2nd, 2005, 11:15:10 PM
I think Sharon on Caprica is the key to the downfall of the Cylons. The fact that she ended up loving a human and turning on the other Cylons shows a lot.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 2nd, 2005, 11:34:39 PM
I highly doubt it. Obviously the "next step" and what Helo and Baltar have been chosen by the Cylon women for is to father their children who will be some sort of next evolution of cylon-humans. To bring them closer to God by becoming more human in their next generation?

I have to confess the whole religion aspect boggles my mind. I can't understand how a cylon could become pregnant, either. Unless they're cyborg clones.

Mu Satach
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:31:28 AM
Well, since Adama is going to be out of commision for a while and the president is in the brig... that leaves good ol' Baltar as VP in charge of the whole enchilada for a bit... niiiice... I can see him taking a special interest in the hybrid child and ensuring it's *safety*.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2005, 02:14:47 PM
Well not until they find Baltar, besides I suspect that will change quick. I imagine Tom Zarek will catch wind of this and complain and cause enough trouble that Adama or Tigh will let Roslin back into power. Of course who knows what Zarek is up to. In the colonial day episode it looked like he was trying to assisnate the president but was he? I think Tigh's wife is a Cylon and did it herself and set Zarek up to discredit him and between her work and 6 get Baltar as VP and then President so the Cylons control them. That is just my theory

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2005, 03:34:04 PM
What I understood from the Colonial Day episode was that Zarek was the one trying to become VP and then have the president assassinated, making him president. When Starbuck and Apollo uncovered his hitter, he got Tigh's wife to knock off the guy who was in custody. Because she's a Cylon, she did it. Since "don't you know? Everyone passes these days" was a give away that of COURSE she was a cylon. IMO.

And lets not forget the crib on Kobol with presumably Number Six and Baltar's baby in it. The plot has thickened the point of it almost being TOO thick!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2005, 04:27:54 PM
Well I think the writers wanted us to think that and in fact Zarek was innocent. The reason he was talking to her was he was trying to find who the heck the guy was. He had no idea who this guy was and wanted to know. I think the assassin was a cylon too. I think the Cylons wanted Baltar as VP because they can control him. Baltar is bad now for sure he is a traitor I hope he gets exposed as one next season for good

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2005, 05:42:34 PM
I disagree. :)

Mu Satach
Apr 5th, 2005, 01:29:13 PM
What I find most interesting is the duality of Boomer's character.
Right now, she's my favorite character. :)

rampent speculation & pondering follows:

why are their only 12 models?
where did they get the DNA for those 12?
where did they get their human memories?
did they nab a human from each colony? (12 models/12 colonies)
IF they got the DNA & memories from humans, is there anything left of the originals that could conflict with the Cylon programming?
and thus create the "weakness" of Boomer's model?

just musing... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:47:41 PM
I hope we're all keeping up to date on the new episodes. So far they've been fantastic. :D

Mu Satach
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:21:39 PM
Yeah! like what happened to all the missing bodies? and why was what's her bucket the only one left alive amid the bodies that were left behind?

TheHolo.Net
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:02:52 PM
BSG and Lost... what I consider the best television on the air right now. :D

The second season of BSG is shaping up to be just as good, if not better than the first, so far.

Rutabaga
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:14:09 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
BSG and Lost... what I consider the best television on the air right now. :D

The second season of BSG is shaping up to be just as good, if not better than the first, so far.

Amen, amen...BSG and Lost are the only 2 programs I make a point of watching. Gives me faith in television again :).

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:56:52 PM
I'd Rank 24 up there but that is coming from a big 24 fan.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:36:29 AM
The second to last BSG was so beyond awesome - the Cylon Centurion attack on Galactica was fantastic. The best episode of the season and possibly last season too.

I'm wondering what Helo and Starbuck have been up to, I didn't see them at all last Sunday.

Boba Fett
Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:44:06 AM
I agree. SciFi Friday is the only time I actually sit down and watch TV. I start with SG-1, Atlantis, and work my way up to BG, which completely blows away the original.

I have high hopes for this show and not one episode has disappointed me.

Rutabaga
Sep 17th, 2005, 05:52:40 PM
So...anybody still watching BSG? Hope so, this season has been sssooooo good, I'm sorry we're already heading into the last episode of the season this Friday, with no more new episodes until January, I guess. But at least it looks like we're going to go out with a bang, with the new-fangled version of Cain...I always like Michelle Forbes as Ensign Ro on Next Gen, so it's going to be mighty interesting to see her as Cain :).

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 17th, 2005, 09:46:46 PM
I have been watching it I didn't see Lucy Lawless being a cylon till it happened. That was a good shocker. So far the show is very interesting can't wait to see the cliffhanger this coming Friday.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:05:27 AM
That was lucy lawless!? :eek

I didn't even realize it. But - yes, it was wasn't it.

Rutabaga
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:41:59 AM
Yeah, if I hadn't known it was Lucy Lawless, I never would have guessed. That was a great episode, because in some ways I thought it was kinda like filler, not that integral to the plot at all until the final scene. Then, suddenly, the whole episode became utterly vital to the plot. That's why this show is so flippin' great...the twists and turns are terrific :).

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 18th, 2005, 10:23:18 PM
This 'season' seems unnaturally short. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 18th, 2005, 10:24:10 PM
Well really it is just take a three month break, it will be back in January.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2005, 01:46:56 AM
Wow what a season finale!

My husband thinks that the Pegasus is going to be destroyed, as that is what happened in the original series. It's shocking to see how different the two crews are.

This show raises all sorts of philosophical questions about what makes something human, and just WHEN is it considered okay to tourture and rape prisioners? Battlestar Galactica is a terrific show.

Rutabaga
Sep 24th, 2005, 07:44:25 AM
While nothing will ever compare with the shock value of Adama getting two bullets point-blank in the chest, last night's cliffhanger was still absolutely terrific. BSG continues to be a great show :thumbup.

I'm not totally sure what the fate of the Pegasus might be. In the original series, you were led to believe that the Pegasus had been destroyed, but it was never confirmed, and a lot of us fans of the original series have always liked to speculate that Cain's suicidal confrontation with the Cylon basestars was actually successful, and if the show had gone on for more than one season, perhaps we would have seen him and the Pegasus again :). This Pegasus, though, I'm not sure what might happen. I really liked Michelle Forbes as Cain, though...she still had some touches of the Lloyd Bridges Cain, albeit a little twisted, like how she always had a sidearm strapped on. And is she actually more like Captain Queeg from the Caine Mutiny, slowly going off the deep end? The story about her XO and her putting a bullet in his head when he refused to carry out an order definitely gives pause for thought, especially since Tigh believed it was actually true. Then, of course, there's the rushed court martial and sentence of execution for the Chief and Helo, yowza.

And yes, the scene where Cain's "Cylon interrogator" was about to rape the Cylon Sharon was chilling and provocative. That's what makes BSG such a great show, it definitely doesn't take the cheap, easy, or silly way out.

And what about Starbuck? She's off to get the Blackbird and check out that mysterious Cylon ship. No doubt she and the Blackbird are going to have some bearing on the outcome of the battle between the Galactica and the Pegasus.

C'mon, January!!! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2005, 01:42:08 PM
Provocative is a very good word to use to describe the show. :)

My husband was getting really mad at the Pegasus crew because they had abused their Number Six so much, and at what was going to happen to Cylon Sharon. I loved the fact that both the Chief and Helo ran in there to save her. :D