PDA

View Full Version : 24

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 20th, 2001, 10:44:52 PM
Just curious if anybody has been watching this new Fox TV show staring Kiefer Sutherland about a plot to kill a presidential candidate. The entire show takes place in one day with each show devoted to one hour. It is a great show and very addictive, I can't wait for the next one.

Jedieb
Nov 20th, 2001, 10:46:44 PM
Been too busy posting here to get into it! Plus, I'm a NYPD Blue fan. JMC, we're discussing your sig over in Films. :D

JMK
Nov 20th, 2001, 10:49:16 PM
I try to do my best to stay away from getting hooked on 1 hour dramas. I watch too many sports anyway...

Darth McBain
Nov 21st, 2001, 09:42:41 AM
I watched about half of the first one and honestly, it didn't look all that good to me. I haven't watched any since then - its probably just as well - I watch enough TV as it is...

Dutchy
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:40:01 AM
I never watch series. I hate to watch less than 1 hour and then wait for 1 week. So I never thought of following 24, and I didn't. Then someone said that I HAD to watch it, and he had the DVD-set. A serie of more than 1000 minutes! That's gonna cost me a year, I thought.

Less than a week later, I finished watching it. What a great series. Addictively compelling. I can't believe how well written it is. I watched about 4 episodes every evening and couldn't wait to start with the next one.

Then about 2 months later I could get a copy of season 2, and I was very curious, of course. Could it possibly be as good as season 1? Nope, it's even better. The cast, again, did an excellent job. Kiefer Sutherland totally rules, as does Dennis Haysbert as David Palmer (I'd instantly vote for Palmer). Can't wait for season 3, though I'll have to, since it hasn't even started in the US yet.

This has to be the best series of all time.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2003, 11:10:36 AM
Yeah I love the show it is one of the best on TV, I can't wait for Season 3. I want to see what happens to Palmer? Who are the bad guys, what are they up too? We got a month here in the states unfortuntely you have even longer:\

Dutchy
Sep 5th, 2003, 02:47:06 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I want to read that spoiler. :)

Yep, I'll have to wait till next Spring or Summer, I think.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 5th, 2003, 03:16:10 PM
Oh if you saw all of season 2 its not a spoiler for you. I actually am not sure what is going to happen in Season 3 I have heard a little about the first episode but nothing earth shattering.

JediBoricua
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:10:13 PM
Reviving old threads I am.

I just got hooked with 24. As with Dutchy a friend loaned me season 1 and I saw it in one weekend. I'm a halfway trhough Season 2 and can't wait 'til September for season 3 to be released on DVD.

Extremely addicting and surprisingly well written. The plots are sometimes over the top, but the way it all moves works. I do admit it can get pretty tiresome, but I guess the show is not designed to be watched in two days (although all the action takes place in one day ;)).

And I also wish all politicians were like Palmer.

This comes from a guy whose only been loyal to The Simpsons. But now with DVD's it's a lot easier, after I finish 24 I'm going to rent the first season of the West Wing and see where that takes me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:28:12 PM
I still enjoy the Show I loved Season 3 for the most part, slightly disapointed by the end of the show because they didn't reveal who was behind Saunders left plot unanswered from season 1 and 2, like who is Max, Nina's employer, does he control Saunders, and with him dead it wasn't answered. I think they are setting this up for Season 4 but that is my guess. I think Keeler will become President and he is a bad man, and is work with Max and company to do something, I think Jack will have to stop something bad from happening this time from his own government.

Alex
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:34:54 PM
Anyone know when Season 3 is due out in the UK? It had BETTER be before September...else I'm gonna go out and buy all of them on dvd.

I saw the beginning and end of 1. The second half of 2. And I wanna know what happens to Palmer...but don't tell me!

In England, its great. Last season, they showed this week's episode on BBC2, followed by "next week's" episode on BBC3 straight after, followed by this show where they analysed the plot lines, and had interviewers and stuff. Did anyone notice that The girl who poisoned/infected/burned/whatevered Palmer was the chick that jumped out of the plane at the beginning of Sez 1? Her name escapes me right now...but yeah, it was. I hope she pops up again.

I agree, the plots can be a little OTT at times. But then, think about it. Its not real. You could say the same about Bond plots, but they're still cool, for the most part. Star Wars could be percieved as a little OTT. In fact, most stuff out there is OTT. Doesn't make it bad. And I just liked the fact that, over 24 episodes, the plot went all over the place. They kinda made it up as they were going along - the cast only got the script 2 weeks before the show was aired in the States...the script wasn't finalised until then, so that they could prevent leaks. And they've done really well weaving all of the threads together into a nice big tapestry. Hope Sez 3 lives up to that.

Oh, and on a slight side-note...Jack Bauer must be a really talented guy. I mean, he was alive a century or so ago, and he knew how to fight with a sword and a musket. He's a secret agent, essentially. And a sniper too? JACK RULES!

Edit:
I know its a lot to ask, but could you maybe warn us if its a season 3 spoiler, rather than from an earlier season? Because I just fell afowl of that...I've never moved my mouse away from something so fast!! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:48:15 PM
LoL sorry, some of that won't make sense to you now though so at least that is good.

Shawn
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:21:08 PM
I caught one episode in Season 3, and it had some of the worst acting I've ever seen. I know of a few Troma films with better acting. That aside, the storylines seem to be borderline unbelievable. Not my bag.

http://dark_god7.home.mindspring.com/24-clip.rar

Ryan Pode
Jun 7th, 2004, 06:03:06 PM
The first season was great, the second was not. I did not see the third after the second.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2004, 09:44:09 PM
I don't know what episode you are refering to, but the show is very critically acclaimed both season one and season two got emmy nods and Season 2 won the Golden Globe for Best Drama. Everybody thinks Season three will get a bunch of emmy nods it might even win best drama.

Shawn
Jun 8th, 2004, 01:39:49 AM
^ Download the rar file I posted. Watch that clip and tell me that it's not laughably bad.

Dutchy
Dec 11th, 2004, 02:10:59 PM
Originally posted by Dutchy
Can't wait for season 3, though I'll have to, since it hasn't even started in the US yet.

Saw it this week and all together it's on par with season 1, to say the least. Especially the second half is very good.

One scene though has to be the best and most intense of all three seasons: Chappelle's death. That scene had me glued to my seat. Literally, for I just wasn't able to skip to the next episode after that one. Just had to pull myself together for a bit and then move on.

The ending felt a lil flat, no cliffhanger really to season 4. Doesn't matter though, coz I'll watch it for very sure.

It's really amazing how well written and compelling this series is.